Options

Weekend Event 7/17/2015 - Sizzling Summer Star Studded Spectacular

Comments

• Options
    natchulanatchula Registered Users 135 Posts
    Lyanna wrote: »
    Your doll looks amazing! So wish I could have got that hair but 240Kstars later and I think it's time to stop when all you're getting is cash and all the bargain basement clothes and ratchet shoes

Thanks Lyanna! I would just try to get the lips and the other hair. It isn't that bad either. But I feel your pain, I have spent 320 kstars opening those boxes. But I do thinks it's unfair to money has an item to win. You should just make it all items from past events that you could win or something.
    add me on GC; natbchula
  • Options
    KKH meets Kpop. Jay Park and that majestic 90's hair. This man does it right!

2e5jdqf.jpg
    add me on GC; natbchula
  • Options
    HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    I woke up and immediately started playing. I thought I would be the first person here with info... hahahah. LMAO. Of course not! I couldn't resist and opened three boxes right away. I got the dress, 50 energy, and $4000. Although I HATE that Glu puts a measly $4000 in gift boxes, I wasn't angry because I wanted the dress and I knew the 50 energy would help me with gigs.

Once I earned the "free" gift box, I opened it and got 50 energy....not thrilled but opened two more. The eyes! The hair! Oh how I wanted that hair!!! Woo hoo!!! I was excited about the eyes before I put them on my doll. They change her appearance so much... I'm not sure how much I will use them.

Here's my doll with her usual facial features.
    U3jUR4R.jpg
    Here she is with her new eyes.
    GJSgHIx.jpg
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • Options
    MauveyMauvey Registered Users 157 Posts
    I tried the giftbox twice the eyes were in the same place each time, all I go was the hair and energy.
  • Options
    Earning stars for this Event

3 hr gig = 12 stars (plus 1 for whatever activity you do with your guest)
    8 hr gig = 20 stars (plus 1 for whatever activity you do with your guest)

Once you have 1 of the special items from the gift boxes
    3 hr gig = 12 stars plus 4 bonus stars (plus 2 for whatever activity you do with your guest)
    8 hr gig = 20 stars plus 4 bonus stars (plus 2 for whatever activity you do with your guest)

Once you have 3 of the special items from the gift boxes
    3 hr gig = 12 stars plus 8 bonus stars (plus 2 for whatever activity you do with your guest)
    8 hr gig = 20 stars plus 8 bonus stars (plus 2 for whatever activity you do with your guest)
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • Options
    NoonaluvfoodNoonaluvfood Registered Users 1,252 Posts
    natchula wrote: »
    KKH meets Kpop. Jay Park and that majestic 90's hair. This man does it right!

2e5jdqf.jpg

Jay Park!!! I love him!! Yes he does look pretty awesome there!
    Sometimes you just have to roll with it.:cool:
    Feel free to PM :)

GC: Hey guys can't add any friends, I have to work out an issue I am having with accepting friend requests on GC. Thanks anyways!
  • Options
    Lgordon19Lgordon19 Registered Users 107 Posts
    DMV_Doll wrote: »
    What did u win in ur giftbox Stallen? How far are u with the earned prizes?

Well, actually, I ended up doing pretty well for myself! (I don't know if I'll be playing very far into the event because the girls' items have captured more of my operator's attention than the guys' stuff has, and also, there's a real life wedding anniversary this weekend to be celebrated, but anyhoo...)

I've had my eye on this long black coat that I never managed to win in the gift boxes before, and today, there it was! I'm psyched. I don't think I'll tempt a temper tantrum by opening any paid gift boxes, since I'm pretty good with plaid shirts, too!
    image.jpg1_zpsto0cp1a1.jpg
    Stellan Eklund on GC: lgordon19
    Add me!
  • Options
    LyannaLyanna Registered Users 338 Posts
    Your doll looks drop dead gorgeous in this look. #BlondeBombshell

Thanks girl! I think this is the first weekend event in ages that have people excited. The new eyes and lips are more like what the VIP characters in the game have and I love it! More variety the better if you ask me.
    KKH: Gigi // IRL: Andrew ✨

Game Centre // .Cullen
    Playing on iOS
  • Options
    MauveyMauvey Registered Users 157 Posts
    Was listening to Mario important for the weekend event? I chose dramatic and my eyes.
  • Options
    LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    Thanks for taking some time to make me feel better, Luz. You are such a sweetheart and you definitely give me some motivation to do this. And totally, the game can give you some severe feelings.

I'll post my picture later, thank you once again.

I'm really glad if you're feeling a little better, and I'm sure having the earned prizes will make you happier still! Happy grinding and good luck! Can't wait to see the picture(s)!
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

• Options
    LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    Thanks for the compliments, Zoyechka and Minne! It seems easier than usual to look awesome during this event!

Everyone looks incredible! And we're giddy again during an event, finally! Yay!
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

• Options
    DMV_DollDMV_Doll Registered Users 1,470 Posts
    Mauvey wrote: »
    Was listening to Mario important for the weekend event? I chose dramatic and my eyes.

No idea...I still have 4 hours to go b4 the first Mario event starts.

I chose natural so let's compare notes later :)
    I don't make the rules... I just follow them most of the time 😉

Andriod player
  • Options
    I really like this weekend event's options for the male dolls. Two new hairstyles has to be fun - even if one is total 90s boy band.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Android Tab got the eyes. So, I tried on AppleP, no dice. Oh well, The weekend is young. And once I get the lips, I will probably do giftboxes till the others get stuff too.

Everyone is looking great. What are some totals like? All three games are edging up toward 100points, 80 something on all 3, so I should have lips all around by this evening. ANd that final earner dress is to die for. I must have it. lol. So if I'm not here, you'll find me in the game.

Luz, I love your new look, and your eyes are still your eyes, the makeup is a little different.

Hey, has everyone been sending in their tickets to correct the babies' appearance? Don't miss it. Cut off is the 23rd I believe. I'll post info here again just incase anyone missed it.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    DMV_DollDMV_Doll Registered Users 1,470 Posts
    LuzVarias wrote: »
    Thanks for the compliments, Zoyechka and Minne! It seems easier than usual to look awesome during this event!

Everyone looks incredible! And we're giddy again during an event, finally! Yay!

Well I don't want Glu to think they hit it completely out of the park with this event (even tho they did imo).

There is always something to complain about... Lol

So Glu, pls explain why the event is titled "So Glam" , but the exclusive items have "G S" hummm ??? Shouldn't they have "S G" instead???

What does GS stand for anyway, I can only think of Girl Scout cookies....

Welp that's the best complaint I can come up with... Lol I tried
    I don't make the rules... I just follow them most of the time 😉

Andriod player
  • Options
    BABY CHANGE:

If you had your baby’s eyes or hair colour changed when you updated to v3.1.0 and would like them changed back, please send us an in-game ticket with the following details:

- Device
    - Operating System Version
    - Hollywood ID
    - Current Baby Eye Colour
    - Wanted Baby Eye Colour number (Refer to the link for the update below)
    - Current Baby Hair Colour
    - Wanted Baby Hair Colour number (Refer to the link for the update below)

Go Here to see the color choices by number, so there are no mistakes. smile.pnghttp://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?162219-Babies-Eye-amp-Hair-Colour-Fix&p=340785&viewfull=1#post340785

You can find the instructions on how to create an in-game ticket here:

http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?...reate-a-ticket

Please submit all requests by 11:59:59 GMT on July 23, 2015.
    We’ll send out colour changes during the week of July 27-31, 2015.
    Players who want their baby’s eyes/hair colour changed must update to v3.2.0 when it’s released.

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience and worry caused. Thank you very much for your continued support of Kim Kardashian: Hollywood!
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Well I don't want Glu to think they hit it completely out of the park with this event (even tho they did imo).

There is always something to complain about... Lol

So Glu, pls explain why the event is titled "So Glam" , but the exclusive items have "G S" hummm ??? Shouldn't they have "S G" instead???

What does GS stand for anyway, I can only think of Girl Scout cookies....

Welp that's the best complaint I can come up with... Lol I tried

Also, where the hell's my dammn lip gloss?! Do you see how matte my lips still look? Come on, people!
    #mylipsaresoun-supple
    Add me!
  • Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Someone tell me if I should go ahead with more gift boxes after blasting 320 Kstars and still not getting the hair.
    PM to add
  • Options
    Hey Big Guy, forgive my asking, but with those lovely locks of blond touseled hair, I wondered if you might have a little Scandanavian in you?

In the spirit of telling you a probably-boring story, here's a bit about me. My namesake is Stellan Skarsgard: talented actor, ruggedly-good looking dude, father of bad-bartender Alexander, and all-around good guy. My operator has been ridiculously in love with him for years. He's Swedish, so I am too.d751082d-4def-42ac-8801-0051dc0c7aee_zpstpmgalou.jpg

Yes, let's model things later on, when you have that fancy new mouth.
    Add me!
  • Options
    Naimonster wrote: »
    Someone tell me if I should go ahead with more gift boxes after blasting 320 Kstars and still not getting the hair.

Do you like that hair significantly more than you've liked most of the gift box prizes lately? Luz did, so she spent too much, but is okay with that... It's gonna cost you as much as several other prizes, but they might not be nearly as good as that hair, right?

Are you able to afford it?

They probably won't offer it again for sale, because that would undermine their entire gift box business model.

But whatever you do, don't ever open more than one set of gift boxes until you've completed another gig. DMV noticed long ago that the event items are often missing from subsequent sets of eight boxes if you just buy them one on top of another. You need to open one set, complete another gig, then buy more boxes. This has helped me, anyway.
    Add me!
  • Options
    nebula macaronnebula macaron Registered Users 239 Posts
    After seeing how the eyes look on my doll I think I can do without them. I am still unsure about the dress but those lips... in red they look fantastic. I really can't wait to get them. Good for everyone who can make those eyes work. Werk it!
    I deleted all my GC friends because I am planning to do my second comeback, so if I had you added I'm really sorry!
  • Options
    wolfandbutlerwolfandbutler Registered Users 325 Posts
    LOL I just completely blew the 400 stars Glu gave me the other day. I just really wanted that hair...

...so of course I didn't get it lol :( I did get the dress though as a consolation prize.
  • Options
    Lgordon19 wrote: »
    Do you like that hair significantly more than you've liked most of the gift box prizes lately? Luz did, so she spent too much, but is okay with that... It's gonna cost you as much as several other prizes, but they might not be nearly as good as that hair, right?

Are you able to afford it?

They probably won't offer it again for sale, because that would undermine their entire gift box business model.

But whatever you do, don't ever open more than one set of gift boxes until you've completed another gig. DMV noticed long ago that the event items are often missing from subsequent sets of eight boxes if you just buy them one on top of another. You need to open one set, complete another gig, then buy more boxes. This has helped me, anyway.

Yeah, I haven't opened any gift boxes lately until this one. I want that hair. I can afford it but it's so annoying after blasting 320 Kstars and not getting it.

Oh haven't heard of that! I opened all of them in one go! Explains why. Alright I'll try again later.

But beware the next time I come on here I might be spewing vulgarities and keeping Koko busy LOL.
    PM to add
  • Options
    Well, I'm always eager to learn new vulgarities! It's good to keep Koko busy and out of trouble.

Forgive me if trying that spacing trick doesn't help you, but it certainly seems to have worked for me.
    Add me!
  • Options
    Well if it doesn't work, you'd be learning new vulgarities. Private lesson.
    PM to add
  • Options
    natchula wrote: »
    Yep, you are right. The jet it is then, whatever is left will be used for the weekend event. I don't know why, but I have an eerie feeling it might be good (hopefully).

And too think, I got it right. I knew this weekend event was going to be fantastic.
    add me on GC; natbchula
  • Options
    Lgordon19 wrote: »
    In the spirit of telling you a probably-boring story, here's a bit about me. My namesake is Stellan Skarsgard: talented actor, ruggedly-good looking dude, father of bad-bartender Alexander, and all-around good guy. My operator has been ridiculously in love with him for years. He's Swedish, so I am too.image.jpg1_zpsi3ipasyh.jpg

Yes, let's model things later on, when you have that fancy new mouth.

Oh Stellan. ;) I think we need to reshoot that tub scene ...you know for the Alkoholik Bubble Bath made of Bourbon. I'll have that mouth this evening. When the sun and I go ...............oh never mind. I was going to say it for 1 minute and take it down, but somebody out this would live for that kind of a screenshot moment.

Hey, I'm in the mood, because I droped 120 Stars in one game, got 50 Energy, Got that "Beige Vulvacios"Ruffled Shirt, 4000$, and that Yellow Coat over the purple top and taupe skirt. Um......Colorblind much? Anyway, so Apple P is very ticked that one of the Androids got the eyes as the Gift Gift Box, and AppleP has oppened 4 and not gotten anything good. So. She convinced me to bankroll her eyes.
    So tell me, is there a strategy? I can only do 3 on a pallette right, oh wait, this could be like Vats and hair. Opinions please, do I give into AppleP who unfortunately is the one game most like me. And that ticks me off. lol.

So, any advice?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    wolfandbutlerwolfandbutler Registered Users 325 Posts
    I don't have a strategy but I want to know Francescahill's secret. Going by the screencaps of her closet she posted in another thread, she has won almost every single gift box item. Maybe not quite all, but certainly a vast vast vast majority. I'd love to know how many K-stars on avreage she spends per event or if she's just the luckiest player ever!
  • Options
    SayuSayu Registered Users 90 Posts
    LOL I just completely blew the 400 stars Glu gave me the other day. I just really wanted that hair...

...so of course I didn't get it lol :( I did get the dress though as a consolation prize.
    Can I ask how did Glu give you 400 stars? Did you buy the k-stars or won them somehow? o-o
  • Options
    nebula macaronnebula macaron Registered Users 239 Posts
    ...so I spent 40kstars on another gift box because i got the necklace the first time.
    And i got the eyes. What I wanted was the dress ;_; On the bright side it's going to give me bonus stars!
    Gotta work it myself now. At least for the duration of the event.
    I deleted all my GC friends because I am planning to do my second comeback, so if I had you added I'm really sorry!