Options

New update not downloading?

2Next

Comments

• Options
    theloraxthelorax Registered Users 78 Posts
    Thanks, Koko. I know I said it in my last post but I really do appreciate all of your assistance.
  • Options
    I hate to be the one to sound like I am always complaining but I think that I may have another issue. When I logged into the game, just now, it said that I had a message from Glu but when I looked at the "Contact Us" page there wasn't any reply from them. Just a pop-up with "Have we answered your questions?" and a "Yes" or "No" option. I pressed No and then typed a message with my issues but that disappeared when I exited the page. I really do not know what's going on but I know that this pop up is something that's happened to me before when I've tried to submit in-game tickets and not gotten a reply.
  • Options
    I just deleted and reinstalled the game again in a moment of frustration and with the hope that it would solve at least some of the issues I'm having and for the first time ever, I got a reply from Glu in regard to my previously submitted in-game tickets. I was told that I had not included enough specific detail in it and that in order to receive quick assistance, I should reply with as many details as I could which I did about the app stores refusal to let me download the last two updates and the communication issues that I feel as though I've been having with Glu, like my in-game messages being erased and not receiving any messages from them even though it's implied that they've answered based on the emails that ask me to rate their customer service and the pop-ups that ask me whether all my questions have been answered.

I was told that the ability to watch videos in exchange for cash or K-Stars is dependent on advertising and also the amount I've watched in a day. In previous games where I had the ability to watch videos, I was simply stopped from watching anymore with a pop up message so I suppose it must be the advertising. Has everyone else lost the ability to watch videos or is just me?

I was also told that in order to receive any previous purchases back, I had to submit my Game ID and receipts of the purchases in question. I was given a link that would detail how to do so on the computer and more instructions for how to do so on the iTouch. I have screenshots of the receipts on my computer that I could send via email and I asked if that would be possible but have not gotten a reply yet.

I tried to follow the instructions specifically for the iTouch and I did manage to find the screen where I was supposed to be looking. But for some reason that screen only shows my previous purchases for music, movies and television show episodes and not for apps. Does anybody know how I could manage to access my app purchases on my iTouch in order to take screenshots? Or at least someway to transfer them from my computer to the pictures on my iTouch? Somehow, I'm not optimistic that Glu will let me email my computer screenshots in lieu.

I've been very frustrated and irritated with this game lately but I am really hoping that this is the beginning of the end of my issues. This forum has been a big help and I'd like to thank everyone who contributes to it.
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    You're not always complaining, your game gets hit with stuff. :( As far as the messaging goes, can you try and open a new ticket with them telling them you got a Blank response? The weekend event update might clear it up for you, But that's a 50/50 chance. In re-reading this thread, you said you didn't try to take the update? I have to think, since Glu said the Weekend update should fix it, Thing is, that last update was supposed to fix the messaging problems, but if you are not taking the update, your messaging appears to still be glitched. See the Catch 22 in this? Sometime today, my games will say loading and then get to 100%. The game won't seem different, but the weekend event and any ancillatory fixes will have been loaded, and the event will pop up on it's schedule. But the other fixes should take effect right away.
    In my opinion, one way or another you have to take the update. How do you want to proceed? Try to contact Customer Care again? (probably need the 3.3.0 to read their responses) If you contact them, make sure you have no apostrophes in your message. (The fix to that is in the 3.3.0 ) Fingers crossed.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    I'm back with another update. A slightly happier one this time though!

I'm still waiting to hear back from Glu about my issue with the App Store and my lost K-Stars but I'm happy to report that at least one of my issues is solved. I've regained the ability to watch videos in exchange for cash or K-Stars and I'm ecstatic about that. I even managed to watch one in exchange for an energy bolt which is a new experience.

I haven't been playing this new game long enough to be in a serious enough relationship that involves somebody moving into my properties yet but I did manage to get a speech bubble at the Mirraggio Grande after the drama with Chad and Crystal so I'm hoping that's solved as well.

For some reason, Santa Barbara isn't showed up as a destination on the menu at LAX. I know I'm at a pretty low level right now but I can still see all of the unlocked locations except for that one. I'm hoping that's not an issue. When I deleted and reinstalled the game after the disaster with the Jersey Shore update, it was included as a location automatically even though I couldn't fly there for a while.

If anybody knows how to transfer print screens from a computer to an iTouch or how to make my app purchases show up under my purchase history on my iTouch (for some reason it only shows my purchased music, films and episodes of television shows), I'd really appreciate them letting me know. I tried doing some research on Google but I'm definitely not the brightest when it comes to technology.

One more thing - does anybody else ever sign in to this forum, write up a reply to a thread and then have to log in again?
  • Options
    When you log in, check the box that says remember me. That should solve the problem. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    ponylatteponylatte Registered Users 170 Posts
    my game isn't loading also and I have apple!! and it's only this app! T_T
    I dont see any update..is there a chance that it will get fixed with the bug issue? If I lose my kstars i'm gonna scream!!
    Call me Pony ^_^
  • Options
    QuacklesQuackles Registered Users 2 Posts
    The loading issue is due to the fact that the weekend promotional event's data package is not present, thus the game hangs forever trying to load it. (If you open up your browser console while the game gets stuck, you will see the messages where it will keep trying and not find it.) I'd guess your data is probably safe, though— just inaccessible.

(note: I do NOT work for Glu in any capacity.)
  • Options
    Thanks Quackles, Ponylatte solved her problem but didn't come back to update. Your advice about the browser pertains to Facebook games, but unless browser means something other than Chrome, IE, Firefox etc, it's not relevent in iOS or Android games.

I'm closing this thread because there is a newer thread on the subect of game not loading, and this one goes back to updates a month old. And this has become a catchall for multiple issues, questions and more.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.