Options

Weekend Event 10/30/15 ~ Happy Halloween Party Thread ~ BOO!

Comments

• Options
    AmyTAmyT Registered Users 1,164 Posts
    Do you have the Brad Pitt hair irl? :)
    Top 20 +++
    My doll's name is Madison :)
    (~~ one cat short of crazy! ~~)

iOS player ~~ GC AmyTMadison
    Pm me if you'd like to add Madison on Facebook :)

#fangsforNai
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Amy I have long hair since I was a kid, I had it in varying lengths, so probably I had a haircut like Brad before!

Today the length is below the shoulders, I had a haircut at the beginning of the month my hair was in a very long lenght around the middle of my back.
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    Vats, good to see you! The Dirty Cop outfit is nice and looks great on you.

I wanted to send you a gift but I'm late I see. :p Just hope you're happy! :o
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
  • Options
    AmyTAmyT Registered Users 1,164 Posts
    That sounds cool :) I'm sure it's way better than any virtual hairstyle.
    Top 20 +++
    My doll's name is Madison :)
    (~~ one cat short of crazy! ~~)

iOS player ~~ GC AmyTMadison
    Pm me if you'd like to add Madison on Facebook :)

#fangsforNai
  • Options
    Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    shot_2015_10_31_20_45_07.png
    screen capture

I'm almost close to getting the mermaid costume. I'm only a few points away. Does the last gig give out bonus event points?
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    LarinexLarinex Registered Users 103 Posts
    It seems like my game have a glitch it stopped at the second gig in AUSTRALIA and i did not get any other mysterious call again :(
  • Options
    HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    Larinex wrote: »
    It seems like my game have a glitch it stopped at the second gig in AUSTRALIA and i did not get any other mysterious call again :(

Did you speak to the character at the party in Australia who tells you that someone is looking for you? If you forgot, *maybe* that's why you didn't get the next call?
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • Options
    AmyT wrote: »
    Oh, and how many event gigs were there? I did 3 and haven't gotten a call for a fourth?

After the three 6 hour parties, you hear from Kim and attend a 3 hour party at her home in Beverly Hills. Kim also gives you a bundle of K stars. Someone earlier said 50 of them.

Edited to correct my exhausted & addled brain. Kim gives Event stars NOT k stars. Very sorry!!!
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • Options
    rawrsahrawrsah Registered Users 13 Posts
    I hate that now the weekend events have much higher points to get the rewards 'cause it feels impossible.
    I can't even remember the last time I got to the third event item, srsly. And I wanted these ones so badly ugh :(
    been playing a lot since yesterday and I'm still about to get the necklace </3
  • Options
    BobbieMBobbieM Registered Users 789 Posts
    HollySisk wrote: »
    After the three 6 hour parties, you hear from Kim and attend a 3 hour party at her home in Beverly Hills. Kim also gives you a bundle of K stars. Someone earlier said 50 of them.

I've been doing nothing but 3 hour parties so I can get the mermaid set. Are we supposed to be doing other activities and not just house parties? Last year was all house parties. This is confusing. It would be flat nice if Glu could explain how the event worked so we didn't waste all this time trying to figure out what to do. Now I have 2 items and 1 day and I haven't heard or seen Kim. SIGH!
    Brooklyn (GC is Bobbie629) • A+++ Player!
    • Married to Jackson White (GC is MomBLuz6) • Comeback #1
    • Daily player for Kim Kardashian Hollywood
    • iOS Player Only • Mommy to Baby Annabelle & Elijah!
    Please excuse the type-o's.. I'm on my phone and it doesn't like to write what I'm typing!
  • Options
    bladeoobladeoo Registered Users 315 Posts
    This may be a little off topic but it was completely driving me nuts. How do I get my avatar to be a nice decent size like a lot of your avatars? I just can't figure it out and I should be ashamed because I used to mess with coding and whatnot so I knew how to deal with that kind of thing. :(
    You can call me SONIA
    GC name is snowrice
    KKH Doll is Trixie
    K&K Doll is Lexie
    :cool:
  • Options

K Stars?! She gave me the candy treats towards the event prizes. No K Stars.
    You can call me SONIA
    GC name is snowrice
    KKH Doll is Trixie
    K&K Doll is Lexie
  • Options
    bladeoo wrote: »
    This may be a little off topic but it was completely driving me nuts. How do I get my avatar to be a nice decent size like a lot of your avatars? I just can't figure it out and I should be ashamed because I used to mess with coding and whatnot so I knew how to deal with that kind of thing. :(

I did mine on the computer.
    Please excuse the type-o's.. I'm on my phone and it doesn't like to write what I'm typing!
  • Options

What do you mean like a close-up of your doll of your avatar pic? I cropped mines from my laptop or sometimes from my devices.
    Daily Android KKH player

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    BobbieM wrote: »
    I did mine on the computer.

Did you use any specific website to crop it and get it to the biggest you can get it? My current one looks grainy and I did it on the computer.
    You can call me SONIA
    GC name is snowrice
    KKH Doll is Trixie
    K&K Doll is Lexie
  • Options
    What do you mean like a close-up of your doll of your avatar pic? I cropped mines from my laptop or sometimes from my devices.

You see how mine doesn't look clear compared to yours? I don't get why. I saved the image from my phone to my laptop, cropped it and then uploaded it here.
    You can call me SONIA
    GC name is snowrice
    KKH Doll is Trixie
    K&K Doll is Lexie
  • Options
    You see how mine doesn't look clear compared to yours? I don't get why. I saved the image from my phone to my laptop, cropped it and then uploaded it here.

I did mines from my laptop not too long ago. My laptop has smartphone features. I think that's why mines looks so clear. I'm usually switching back and fourth cropping my avatar pics. You can try this website https://www.befunky.com/. It has a crop feature on that site. Sometimes I crop my pics from BeFunky app. It's a pretty good website.
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• Options
    I've been doing nothing but 3 hour parties so I can get the mermaid set. Are we supposed to be doing other activities and not just house parties? Last year was all house parties. This is confusing. It would be flat nice if Glu could explain how the event worked so we didn't waste all this time trying to figure out what to do. Now I have 2 items and 1 day and I haven't heard or seen Kim. SIGH!
    There are always Gigs that are part of the Weekend Event and pay out Event Stars as you complete them. You can tell which ones are tied to the weekend event because they will not just say "available in 4 hours" but ALSO give how much time is Remaining for that event.

This weekend you should have received a phone call from a "mysterious stranger" inviting you to a party in Miami and then Australia and then Vegas.

42246BC5-8BB5-4ACF-882B-456616CD5083_zpsx8l3x3fd.jpg
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • Options
    K Stars?! She gave me the candy treats towards the event prizes. No K Stars.

Sooo sorry. I am exhausted and made a typo. Wishful thinking??? LOL. Kim gave me Event "stars" too.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • Options
    I know an Energy t r i c k on the iphone but I don't think I should post it on here lol

think Ive heard about those but I dont know anything about it haha and probably not lol
  • Options
    Did you use any specific website to crop it and get it to the biggest you can get it? My current one looks grainy and I did it on the computer.

I was thinking the same thing 'cause mine always look the same way lol
  • Options
    PolkaDotPolkaDot Registered Users 1,226 Posts

Any party that the "Mysterious Stranger" sends your way, do that and you will get event currency (candy and caramel apples.) That currency WILL go toward the costume.

The name of the event will vary per game. In mine the first one was called Boji Motorcycle Party. It was in Miami. The second party, which was in Sydney, was called Royce something. The third...I don't even know any more but it was in Las Vegas. BUT those actual party names could differ in your (or anyone else's) game because apparently the names are random.

Even though the SIDEBAR or lineup to come, will say "Miami Mystery" or "Sydney Mystery" or "Las Vegas Mystery," when you get the phone call it could be called something else like Boji, Royce, etc. So pay close attention. Try to make sure it's the same one. Some people are getting hung up on the fact that it's called Mystery something in the sidebar and has a party/event name when you do the gig.

I got two other party invitations to gigs during this weekend and they were not part of the Mysterious Stranger storyline. So those did not count toward the mermaid costume. (Just to add to the confusion, you will get other party offers too...So, check the city and timing.)

3 Hour house parties with the full Queen of Hearts costume gave 14 bonus points each time. Full costume with the 6 hour party gigs gave I think, 25 bonus points each time.

After you have gotten 5 stars on all three Mysterious Stranger parties, you get 50 EXTRA bonus candy/costume points, so it's worth it.

Hope that helps.
  • Options

I do everything on my iPad mini. I usually take a screen grab and then crop the picture with a free app called "Crop Size." My current avatar, I took a screen grab and then cropped it in the PhotoBucket app.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,114 Posts
    Larinex wrote: »

Have you been watching to make sure the event is ready, and Simon calls you about it. Have you been getting event stars for houseparties? You can submit a ticket, but the answer won't come in time. I would just grnd through the parties and to the best you can, how are you doing without those Halloween events? I'm very sorry this happenied
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Sometimes if I hop around between cities, or even in and out of a house or shop, it triggers a Simon or other phone call.

If it's waiting for a gig to start, you can press 'call now' sometimes in the sidebar. I think once it made me pay K stars to start the gig but today it didn't. I did that today for the third Mysterious Stranger party because Simon sent me a regular party gig instead (tsk tsk! Not falling for that again!!)
  • Options
    This is not my dog but I know a lady who makes amazing clothes for dogs. They are so elaborate and pricey that I just admire them. (Can't afford them thanks to my KKH addiction)

Couldn't resist posting her Queen of Hearts costume.

E127BA96-73D5-4A24-8FFC-B45677006D35_zpshbyyg8gv.jpg
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,114 Posts

This event pays event stars ONLY for house parties, and the mysterious club parties. So, those 3 tasks, a final party at Kims, and all the house parties you can complete. Also, if you have to do a date each day,really try to keep it to a short date, because there are no event points for dates. JUST the houseparties, and those 'complete by' tasks I already mentioned.

Hope this helps
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    This event pays event stars ONLY for house parties, and the mysterious club parties. So, those 3 tasks, a final party at Kims, and all the house parties you can complete. Also, if you have to do a date each day,really try to keep it to a short date, because there are no event points for dates. JUST the houseparties, and those 'complete by' tasks I already mentioned.

Hope this helps

Also, if you need to go on a date, just run to oak and spend spend spend. it'll be pricey but unless you have a 1 hour date anything else will take away precious time you need.

ugh, I didn't decide I wanted the costume a lot until friday night & only really started hustling today so I'm under 300 still. ack! I'm going to try and squeeze in 2 8 hour parties & go to bed, wake early and just start all the parties I can. I don't even like this outfit but want it out of spite now XD

EditedbyKoko: Fixed the quotes it had me asking Bobbie's question and vice versa, Reads correctly now
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
  • Options
    There are always Gigs that are part of the Weekend Event and pay out Event Stars as you complete them. You can tell which ones are tied to the weekend event because they will not just say "available in 4 hours" but ALSO give how much time is Remaining for that event.

This weekend you should have received a phone call from a "mysterious stranger" inviting you to a party in Miami and then Australia and then Vegas.

42246BC5-8BB5-4ACF-882B-456616CD5083_zpsx8l3x3fd.jpg

SOOOOOOOOO awesome. I did NONE of them all weekend because last Halloween we didn't do that JUST parties. So now I declined those stranger invites and likely screwed myself more. It would be nice if all events were the same and/or EXPLAINED ahead of time. But Glu don't care. They get their money.
  • Options
    SOOOOOOOOO awesome. I did NONE of them all weekend because last Halloween we didn't do that JUST parties. So now I declined those stranger invites and likely screwed myself more. It would be nice if all events were the same and/or EXPLAINED ahead of time. But Glu don't care. They get their money.

Bobbie LOL we must be sisters from another mister...Check out what I said in the Hookah thread :p I said the same thing. I found it VERY confusing. I don't think I played last Halloween, but if it says ONLY house parties, it should be ONLY house parties.

But because sometimes some gigs did count, I just couldn't recall why, I went ahead and did a party gig and got nothing. It was only the Mysterious Stranger party jobs that counted toward costume points.

Please post in the Suggestion thread and or Hookah thread that you feel the same way if you would. Then it wouldn't be just me, twisting in the wind. LOL

Edit: if it helps?? I did not even need those 50 extra costume-candy point thingys at the end...I already had the costume by then. And I finished this morning although that's partly because I was wearing the whole Queen of Hearts costume, which gives bonus points. BUT again if it helps...past years' Halloween costumes seem to give bonus points TOO, so wear everything you can put on from past Halloweens, and party it up on the house parties, and good luck.

Yes, I did it with the 3 stranger parties, but, I think I could've done the same with more grinding, and just doing bunches of 3 hour house parties. Good luck.

BTW I gave more tips on the prior page if you wanted to read them.