Options

Weekend Event 12/18/15 ~ 'Twas the Week Before Christmas and What do we have?

Comments

• Options
    ARTPOPARTPOP Registered Users 530 Posts
    Looking at how weird and unrealistic the skin tones we have compared to that of Kim Kardashian/Klan/other special guests really ****es me off tbh. Why don't they do something about it we've been complaint since forever.

I'm done with the event. The red dress is cute, nothing else is. Do better glu, cmon
  • Options
    HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    Zoyechka wrote: »

The shoes are hideous but I do like the coat. Btw, upon closer inspection, and when you turn the brightness contrast up, you will notice that the shirt is sheer with a blue bra underneath. It photographs black, though.

Last week there was a similar issue. The earner dress looked black and boring. Once I zoomed in, it was navy and had some pretty details. Do Glu designers not look at images of what they create on a smaller platform??? They need to look at these dresses on a kindle and iPad mini and android pad etc to see how the clothing looks to their customers.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Yay grinding for K-stars event!

Too bad that we have those loooooooooong special gigs too. If someone finish those first, please tell us if there is something at the end!

I'm going to get the box and the hat, but first I'll slowly decide what I'll purchase this weekend, meanwhile I'll grind like crazy.

Did you guys noticed that the hair under the hat is a version of one of those hairstyles that belong to Kendall&Kylie game?
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    CatherineBayCatherineBay Registered Users 372 Posts
    Wow every round I played with the boxes had EVERY item. As in nothing but the weekend prize items/Kash/energy/Kstars. First time got the necklace. Second time I got the shoes. And on the third set I opened two more: the dress and the earrings,
  • Options
    MommyTo3MunchkinsMommyTo3Munchkins Registered Users 341 Posts
    Wow every round I played with the boxes had EVERY item. As in nothing but the weekend prize items/Kash/energy/Kstars. First time got the necklace. Second time I got the shoes. And on the third set I opened two more: the dress and the earrings,

Wow!! You had great luck!! I hope I am that lucky when I finally break down and open a box.

~Melissa~
    GC: MommyTo3Munchkins

• Options
    CatherineBayCatherineBay Registered Users 372 Posts
    Wow!! You had great luck!! I hope I am that lucky when I finally break down and open a box.

I hope it wasn't luck and maybe Glu is in the Christmas spirit for everyone! It was just sooooo rare I was hoping it was on purpose and everyone will have the all their special items each time. I'm in an optimistic mood today haha.
  • Options
    snowangel672snowangel672 Registered Users 20 Posts

Wow you are so lucky! I used all my saved up kstars trying to get the red and white dress and it never once appeared in any round of mystery boxes. I did get the earnable outfit, so I will have to be happy with that. :)
  • Options
    SpleenSpleen Registered Users 321 Posts
    I hope it wasn't luck and maybe Glu is in the Christmas spirit for everyone! It was just sooooo rare I was hoping it was on purpose and everyone will have the all their special items each time. I'm in an optimistic mood today haha.

It was luck ^^
    I picked the worst box, I'm mad at myself, I would have love to get those earrings or the necklace ♥
    12395328_10208341100267706_1496591592_n.jpg?oh=f9951b15b47df01ddf8745a8ea2aedc8&oe=56761CF3

• Options

CONGRATULATIONS!!! That's amazing.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • Options
    SassyVoguetteSassyVoguette Registered Users 1,510 Posts
    Here's my box. I'm kinda OK with the 40 k stars. I like only the dress, and maybe the necklace..

15ehk3n.png
    Vats has my heart. Forever. 💕

iOS
    07/2014 
  • Options
    SassyVoguetteSassyVoguette Registered Users 1,510 Posts
    I bought one Balmain top which costs 30 k stars. From the earnables I only like the earrings. So I need 20 kstars to get them. I don't know if I should buy another Balmain top for 30 or the hair with hat which is approx. 20kstars?
    I like the black Balmain top with purple belt.
    I wanted to buy 2 dresses - the purple one and the black and gold.. but I don't like the earnables, so I won't spend my kstars, I'll wait for another VIP.

I've been saving my kstars for so long, for VIP events and the last couple of VIP events I don't like anything! I've spent the most on Black friday, above 300 and got the awful fedora hair! lol
    I want items like that beige fur jacket, a nice hair maybe, colourful clothes.. seriously I'm sick and tired of black!

I don't know if it is just me, but I think earlier we had more beautiful clothes on VIP events
    Vats has my heart. Forever. 💕

iOS
    07/2014 
  • Options
    cocofabulouscocofabulous Registered Users 442 Posts
    I don't know if it is just me, but I think earlier we had more beautiful clothes on VIP events

I think, in general, weekend event clothing used to be better. I feel like the designers have gotten a bit bored.
    GC: Coco Fabulous
  • Options
    ChicCharlotteChicCharlotte Registered Users 571 Posts
    I absolutely agree the clothing has been better, the earnables as well as the new things added to the regular wardrobe are boring. So much black and not much detail (or too dark to see the details). They sure make the Balmain clothes stand out.

I very much like the event bonus box dress though.. so much that I spent 40 Kstars for a second try after the first box was the boring, generic purse from the daily boxes. I thought I had a chance of picking something good after selecting a dud my first try. No suck luck. Two duds! The Glu karma gods got me for trash talking the clothes.

GGrrrrr... never again.

2agq2ir.jpg
    Began an iOS game and need friends!
    Also deleted old Facebook account. Please refriend me if you play iOS.
    https://facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009525168362
  • Options
    Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    the hat for the guys is tempting but I could live with or without it? If I strive for anything this weekend it'll be that.

I'm not sure if I should take issue with the giftbox glasses being the same ones from Black Friday or not but I'm just grateful there's not on the earnables side XD
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
  • Options
    Tarabella08Tarabella08 Registered Users 465 Posts
    I bought a Balmain dress so I got the free box + green earrings. I like the black coat but I don't have money to spend on stars this weekend, and I hate the black shoes, so I'll save the rest of my k-stars for the next VIP event.

Yay I got lucky with my free box!

CWgC88pU4AAdMJY.jpg
    Woohoo!!! I'm happy someone got the dress!! It looks great with your hair :) It wasn't even in my gift boxes, and I literally picked the worst box.. It was the baby blue sports bra thing... Ughh!!! Haha oh well. I hope everyone else has better luck than me!!
    GC: tarabella08
    Feel free to add me! I love playing with new friends :)
    XoXo
  • Options
    Tarabella08Tarabella08 Registered Users 465 Posts
    LuzVarias wrote: »
    Thanks, Tara! I have to admit that I really don't want to lose the poor lady around the holidays, but she's suffering, and more than anything, I want her to be at peace. It's a mess. Thanks for your kind wishes!

I hope you're having a happier holiday season. And it's so nice to see you here again!
    That's completely understandable. I'm so sorry for your family this year :(
    Thank you! It's fun to be on here! It's just hard for me to keep up with it sometimes and I feel so bad if people say something to me and I don't respond. It's not because I'm ignoring anyone, I promise, it's because I get busy and don't get a chance to scroll through so many comments. I wish we could get notifications haha :) you guys are awesome! I need to figure out how to post pics haha
    GC: tarabella08
    Feel free to add me! I love playing with new friends :)
    XoXo
  • Options
    Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    The only thing that I like so far is the earn able earrings since emerald is my birthstone in real life haha

I really wanted the snowflakes earrings but I ended up choosing the wrong random box again as usual. I wish that I have a cool visual super power to see what's hidden behind the boxes lol

tmp_21733_Screenshot_2015_12_18_12_28_37_1_50232.png

tmp_21733_Screenshot_2015_12_18_12_50_51_1_37158.png

image ru
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    I wanted to buy the private jet but seeing the earnables this week, I didn't.
    I'll buy it during another vip event when I like the earnables better ^^
    So this week I only bought a Balmain top for 30 kstars and the new hat hairstyle for 20 kstars to get the free gift box and the beautiful green earrings :)

12395285_10208342405020324_469051890_n.jpg?oh=7607ca02421c71b1494f22a99498c248&oe=5675FFF7

• Options
    KerriKerri Registered Users 22 Posts
    I am not getting kstars for gigs. ��
  • Options
    Kerri wrote: »
    I am not getting kstars for gigs. ��

Someone else posted earlier that they aren't receiving the K stars either. Have you posted in the Support thread? Have you submitted an in-game ticket?

On a separate note, I can't figure out if there is a special quest/gigs for this weekend event. Is there?
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • Options
    Holly ; yeah there is :) 6 hours long gigs as usual...

So I had to start the first event gig since Simon wasn't calling me anymore and it seems that we have to charm NeNe for 2 kstars.... Why??? It was also like that last week, will it now happen every week?
    I also went through instagram and it seems like we can't avoid spending those stars? What the hell?
    Did someone already finish the first gig?

569568Sanstitre.png

• Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    You mean this time we can't ignore? I'm half way into this gig.

I ignored last weekend and didn't spend any KStars.
    PM to add
  • Options
    I actually don't know ^^
    I thought we could ignore it like last week, then I read those comments about it on Instagram and I don't know anymore...

• Options
    cocofabulouscocofabulous Registered Users 442 Posts
    HollySisk wrote: »
    Someone else posted earlier that they aren't receiving the K stars either. Have you posted in the Support thread? Have you submitted an in-game ticket?

On a separate note, I can't figure out if there is a special quest/gigs for this weekend event. Is there?

Yeah, we just don't have a countdown clock again. The first one's in Vegas.

I'm really not happy that they're trying to force us to spend k-stars to progress.
    GC: Coco Fabulous
  • Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Spleen wrote: »
    I actually don't know ^^
    I thought we could ignore it like last week, then I read those comments about it on Instagram and I don't know anymore...

I just completed, nope you don't have to spend any KStars. You can just ignore her, Maria will still call for the next gig.

I think there'll be different results.
    PM to add
  • Options
    Naimonster wrote: »
    I just completed, nope you don't have to spend any KStars. You can just ignore her, Maria will still call for the next gig.

I didn't charm her either, let's see how it goes

• Options
    SerendipitySerendipity Registered Users 253 Posts
    So I went on and spent the k stars to charm NeNe.... I had not planned on spending any stars this weekend because I don't want the earner items, but....okay. I will post the result/outcome once the gig is done. I sure hope I haven't wasted my k stars!
    "Art...a result of the frustration with being normal..."
  • Options
    kateliciouslykateliciously Registered Users 422 Posts
    Lucky me got the dreaded 4000 Kash in my event box and 4 energy bolts in my daily one.
    2nk7xub.png
    So not impressed with this weekend's event. I just have an 0 hour gig to do and Simon won't call me with other gigs because of it and it seems like we have to spend K stars to finish the event. Not going to finish then because I bet there will be no payout at the end. :/
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    I didn't charmed Nene too! I said it a billion times, but looks like isn't enough, so what's the point on doing those gigs on VIP events?
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    MommyTo3MunchkinsMommyTo3Munchkins Registered Users 341 Posts
    Naimonster wrote: »

I don't want to pay. It's a VIP weekend, which means I don't earn anything. Why should I waste k-stars? I am being a grinch with them this weekend.

~Melissa~
    GC: MommyTo3Munchkins