Options

OOTD ~Keeping Up With Kouture - Fashion Thread 2016

kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,114 Posts
OOTDKUWK_zpsfmetqpo4.gif~original

Welcome to our new Fashion Thread.
I would like to think of it as a Magazine of sorts. Encompassing all aspects of the clothes our dolls wear, the looks we create from our Earwarmers to our toes. A combination of our Daily looks, to special themes, lets have fun with this. Think of it as the place to plop your doll's selfies, or start a Theme Stream.

If you have an idea for a theme, go to quick reply, and choose the Go Advanced box.

Type in your theme and it will appear in Bold as a headline of sorts.

Please think of this like a fashion magazine, and you're all writers and contributors. Whether you're just posting your dolls snapshots, or putting together a theme lets have fun and make this a valuable resource. If in your post, your mention what your doll is wearing, people can then search the thread for Short red top, or black pants and it will bring up the posts with that item. So while it's a fun Look at me thread, it's also a surefire place to find out about that skirt or those shoes someone was wearing.

With that said, Welcome to the New Fashion Thread. I think I'll start it off with a lunch theme. Have fun.

Attention: On May 4th, we are offiically renaming the thread
Outfit of the Day ~Keeping Up with Kouture

in honor of the return of DMV_Doll to the forum.

Let's all Celebrate by putting on our prettiest party clothes.

Welcome Back DMV Doll.
You do this fashion thread thing much better than I do.

PPS. skip the whole magazine thing. Do your own thing and have fun here. :)
If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
I Am NOT a Glu Employee
🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
💜Vats
💜#VipKalinda
#RecollectionsMayVary
Prev13456725

Comments

• Options
    The Androids twins are headed for their monthly lunch with their friends from the forum at Fig and Olive an
    'Upscale restaurant & bar serving seasonal Mediterranean fare prepared with flavored olive oils' just a short walk from Soho. The dress is casual chic, but if you have your picture taken and RoCocco puts it up, well "If your picture's on the wall, your meal is on the house". He really is a sweetie and just loves posting pictures of famous models and actors. It brings in the locals, who love to stare at the stars, on the walls and in the booths.

KKH_Screenshot_1450466010075_zps7nkg4ta9.jpg

They stopped at Tribecca to drop off Dante with the Nanny, before heading to the restaurant.

The twins are in their knee high red boots, some red lace shirts from Lagerfeld, and Karl's short sporty skirt for Z, while Kat held the baby.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Maybe his next cover girl will be picked from this thread. Here is AppleP and hubby Fab, in the city ready for an early lunch.

LunchDate_zps6l1ygzoa.jpg

Then, well, you can see which one was doing the liquid diet. No wonder she has a headache. Look at all the glasses in front of her!

Toomuch_zpsnk28ldxe.jpg

I think it's a good thing she's waiting for the update. She certainly couldn't do a quest in this condition.

AppleP is wearing the Blue Sparkly Tuxedo she got as a Christmas Gift Box. :)

Edited by Koko: I've moved over all the Magazine posts. I copied it over from the previous fashion thread, when it should have had it's own thread. Now the new fashion thread more accurately portrays the level of participation. Besides, that cover deserves it's own thread. Wonderful job Vats.

Now if anyone wants to post pictures of what their games are wearing, please feel free.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Ok again I wanna wish that this thread bring a lot of fun to all of us!

Well it's late for the lunch, but it's dinner time!
    pKnWdMq.png?1

Since that the update wasn't released yet V is using his free time to go out with B! A whole day of dates and they jumped #1 position on top couples list lol
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    trevoractortrevoractor Registered Users 1,114 Posts
    Unfortunately, Trevor doesn't have a "special someone" to eat lunch with. But he is certainly dressed to impress, so maybe today could be his lucky day.
    image_zpsibmban3d.jpeg

He's wearing his favorite black fedora, with a black jacket + sweater combo, black jeans, & black dress shoes. (Obviously going for the Kardashian's traditional all-black look)
    A+++ Lister // GameCenter: TrevorActor :cool:
  • Options
    kkh_Lailakkh_Laila Registered Users 49 Posts
    image_zpsnba0uvci.jpeg
    While Elliot stayed at home with his father. My doll went out for 'lunch' with one of her friends. She's starting to catch feelings for him, but is afraid that he won't feel the same way. She also worries about how her husband may react to the fact that she may be attracted to someone else. Currently, My doll and her 'friend,' Ian, are just friends. My doll would not hesitate to date him though. I mean look at him. Maybe it wasn't meant to be with my Doll and her hubby Diego. But Baby Elliot was just born and their baby may be the only thing that is keeping them together. Plus, Ian brought my doll to the City Of Love... Does he have feelings for my doll too...?
    Call me Dani :)
    On my first comeback!
  • Options
    You know what they say Dani.....Happy Mommy happy Baby! Sometimes a girl has to grab a little happiness for herself, before she can spread happiness to others. :) (In other words...go for it. :)

Kat ran into Charli in Vegas, and they were so color soordinated they stormed the stage at the Algonquin and did a few duets before they were chased off by security. Kat said it was the most fun she's had in ages. Fun things happen when you're wearing Purple. :)

db0f5970-3372-42cc-abbc-8c0443e640a2_zps9lhhh5ye.jpg

Here they are before the Mayhem. It was a TMZ photog who started the whole thing. Said something about them looking like they got dressed in the Captain and Tenille's dressing room. Kat quickly googled who they were, showed it to B, and off they ran. New answer for celeb bad behavior #TMZMadeMeDoIt

Next stop for the duo? Tracking down that Troublemaking TMZ guy and showing him the light.

Kat is weairing some Purple and Black Balmain, and Charli looks fabulous in the purple Jacket for New Years. Notice their shoes? They really were color coordinated.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    BobbieMBobbieM Registered Users 789 Posts
    I absolutely have been loving my looks and the forum was down so I had been posting them on my KKHAveryFam Instagram Page. But here's a few of my favorites from when we were gone:

CB34E1DD-EE2A-4843-B5BB-97F044A33499_zpsbsahra77.jpg
    Jackson was smitten over Kim Kardashian and the designer coat she got him!

E1551C81-91C9-4055-9D5C-18778DC9896F_zpsxkztab8a.jpg
    Jackson & Brooklyn shortly after the wedding. Still smitten and in love. Ready to go out for the night!

5BCC9C98-793A-4307-BCEF-53A7154F63CF_zpsoiqkaaxm.jpg
    Jackson got some new shoes and he is loving the comfort. He was out in Beverly Hills doing a quick gig.

Let's see some of your favorite looks while we were gone!!
    Brooklyn (GC is Bobbie629) • A+++ Player!
    • Married to Jackson White (GC is MomBLuz6) • Comeback #1
    • Daily player for Kim Kardashian Hollywood
    • iOS Player Only • Mommy to Baby Annabelle & Elijah!
    Please excuse the type-o's.. I'm on my phone and it doesn't like to write what I'm typing!
  • Options
    Your Dolls look great Bobbie. AppleP hardly did much at all this past week, but here she was hanging around the Nursery a lot more than usual. (She's still miffed that the Nanny moved in with the same quirky hairstyle AppleP had gotten for herself.)

e23c4f0d-a596-4fea-94e8-f9cc547b5305_zpsnykuammo.jpg
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    trevoractortrevoractor Registered Users 1,114 Posts
    Lol I changed my dolls skintone while the forum was closed and I'm still adjusting to it. But I think it looks more natural idk.
    Anyway, here's how I styled the earnables from last weekend.
    image_zpsc9ocexil.jpeg

Lol and I didn't think I'd ever wear that hair but idk I'm kinda feeling it.
    A+++ Lister // GameCenter: TrevorActor :cool:
  • Options
    It's looking good Trev. I never got to see the guys clothes last weekend. You look good in the green overcoat. :) Since there was no thread last week for the fashions, we might as well put any form last weekend's event here, and we'll use this for this weekend as well. I'll put links in the event thread to that effect.

I think we've had enough excited for the week, I'll go copy over the end clothes teasers I received from Kate Pilgrim.

V.I.P. Event January 15th Clothes: Earners, Gift Box Items, Kim's Pics and what we acquire during this VIP Event.
    Without wasting any time, we'll go straight to the teasers, supplied by our wonderful Eastern Block of Anticipatory Images Minister of Teasers..........Kate Prilgrim.

6oe2SJ_e5gk.jpg

P4pHzInVNzU.jpg

And this:

5WQwbFuAWL4.jpg

Please Post Guy things as soon as they are available, and don't forget to post any pictures of your Dolls fashions as well for the simple reason, that you'd like to show them off.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    At 5:10am James invited the beautiful LindaVB doll to join him on a gig. He couldn't pass up on her since she was already wearing the Kim's Closet gown & hair.

88FFE8F9-E8FC-4155-AB36-3E04A72BACB0_zpsqjzh7ioy.png
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • Options
    Dixie opened the cowgirl hat hairstyle with her "free" box and then, in the second box, were the cowgirl boots! Of course the luck couldn't hold and the third box was the dreaded $4000 Kash. I like the boots but they are hard to style.

C9B7322F-6900-4E16-97E9-DE3EACF87C02_zpshmwgp9ec.png
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • Options
    9528480A-6BA1-4920-AB30-8BD03E7C0B8D_zps1hwnojzd.jpg
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • Options
    Zoy - I love the Kim's Closet hairstyle on Zoë. She looks beautiful!

D38527EC-E62B-4D24-B89D-233BD68E6720_zpsz9aw7bb5.png
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • Options
    PIb2Q8n.jpg

These cowboys are hungry for some European girls ... Sassy, Charin, Cherrey, Amy, Lucy, KateP, anyone? Hurry up or Brokeback Mountain will get a sequel lol
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    Dixie looks great in her Western Outfit. My dolls got 2 of the coats, and AppleP got the Hat in her free box. First thing on my shopping list for the Android Twins was this dress. Level 40, 70Stars and very sparkly. :)

9039beaf-133c-45fa-8334-77339289dd85_zpsvby7862s.jpg
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    A handsome cowboy walks in to the restaurant and immediately spies Dixie, a sassy cowgirl, eating alone. James smiles and runs his hand through his chestnut locks, hoping he catches her eye.

EC68C802-FF03-41E9-81F0-B83E424CEC23_zpsbfxqhldy.png
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • Options
    ChicCharlotteChicCharlotte Registered Users 571 Posts
    I bought one of the lesser expensive Judith Leiber bags and a pair of sandals and received the bandana in my mystery box. Since it's the only western element I have in my closet, I tried to change it up. I think this might be it for me this weekend unless I level up and see a new "must have" addition to my wardrobe. Oh! Love the earnable earrings.

Hope everyone has a great weekend! I missed this forum while it was down! Glad to have it - YOU all - back!

2ebtyx5.jpg
    Began an iOS game and need friends!
    Also deleted old Facebook account. Please refriend me if you play iOS.
    https://facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009525168362
  • Options
    AmiliciousAmilicious Registered Users 415 Posts
    This is how the earnable hairstyle looks on my doll. I'll be honest, I'm not a huge fan:
    Ul6o7V0.jpg

I like the cowboy hat one, but obviously, my box just had 4000 kash, sigh! I'm glad I decided not to open more because it wasn't even in there. I'm still pretty bummed about it, I'm always unlucky with the boxes. I've been playing for soon two months and nothing good yet. Oh well :D
  • Options
    HollySisk wrote: »
    A handsome cowboy walks in to the restaurant and immediately spies Dixie, a sassy cowgirl, eating alone. James smiles and runs his hand through his chestnut locks, hoping he catches her eye.

EC68C802-FF03-41E9-81F0-B83E424CEC23_zpsbfxqhldy.png

Cute pic Holly!

So can you help me to improve my voccabulary?

I saw that you used the word chestnut to describe your doll's hair. On my language we use the equivalent word to chestnut to describe hair and eye color and not the brown word.

I learned that using the chestnut word is specific for a light reddish brown hair and not for general brown color.

Can I use the chestnut word to describe any type of brown hair? Honestly I think is more charming lol
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    SassyVoguetteSassyVoguette Registered Users 1,510 Posts
    Vats wrote: »
    PIb2Q8n.jpg

These cowboys are hungry for some European girls ... Sassy, Charin, Cherrey, Amy, Lucy, KateP, anyone? Hurry up or Brokeback Mountain will get a sequel lol

ahahahhahahaha omg I swear I choked from laughing! Yeeee-haw!
    Vats has my heart. Forever. 💕

iOS
    07/2014 
  • Options
    Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    Vats wrote: »

So can you help me to improve my voccabulary?

I saw that you used the word chestnut to describe your doll's hair. On my language we use the equivalent word to chestnut to describe hair and eye color and not the brown word.

I learned that using the chestnut word is specific for a light reddish brown hair and not for general brown color.

Can I use the chestnut word to describe any type of brown hair? Honestly I think is more charming lol

You can also use the word brunette to describe brown hair.
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    Chestnut is a warm, medium brown. with red overtones. Then in addition to Brunette We have auburn. I go crazy when I want to go brown with my hair. I can literally spend half an hour trying to decide which brown I'm in the mood for. Then there is mahogany.

The same thing with the reds, and the blondes. It's honestly mind blowing.

92835682-f7c7-418f-ad9a-c088332b4a18_zpsz5em83kv.jpg

Here's Kat and Vats, hangin out in Montana like a couple of ranchers. Kat put on the fuzzy ear warmers, because she was afraid of Hat Hair if she wore the cowboy hat. :) Little Dante Kristopher is all bundled up for the below zero weather as well.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts
    Wow I'm really loving the event!!! So many new outfits and hairstyles!!!

image_zps4l31ygpe.jpeg
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    ZoyechkaZoyechka Registered Users 1,187 Posts
    Holly, Vats, and KoKo... Your dolls look amazing! I'm still undecided if I should actually spend the bucks to get this week's items. I've got two days. I like the earnables a lot this week but I really feel like I should be more frugal with my stars, idk lol we'll see.

I just shelled out the $10 on the Kim's Closet stuff, though.

2ai0bdd.jpg

the gown is just so-so but I do love the wig.
    GC: Zoë Strange
  • Options
    Ok, guys I need your help.. I want to spend only 50-60 kstars and these are the dresses I like.. I don't know which one to choose.

29bc9ah.jpg

And still thinking about Kim's closet.. 10 euros lol

iOS
    07/2014 
  • Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    First one looks amazing on you so I'm voting that!
    PM to add
  • Options
    cocofabulouscocofabulous Registered Users 442 Posts
    Ok, guys I need your help.. I want to spend only 50-60 kstars and these are the dresses I like.. I don't know which one to choose.

29bc9ah.jpg

And still thinking about Kim's closet.. 10 euros lol

I love love the cream dress- I bought it for Olivia today. It'll definitely be one of her Valentine's Day outfits. :)
    I always think about the holidays that are coming up and what I can use for them.
    GC: Coco Fabulous
  • Options
    I would go with the middle. I love the off the shoulder, and the color of the skirt is to die 4. Although, if you went with the first, there are awesome purple shoes, I think 15,000K$ that look lovely with the first. You definitely need a little purple power, so I'd skip the last one for now. You look mahvelous in all 3. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Thanks girls, I think I'll go with Balmain :) I'll just think little bit which one lol
    I like the cream dress too, but I have lots in that color and let me be honest - im dyin for Balmain lol

iOS
    07/2014 
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.