Options

Throwback #3?

Comments

• Options
    ZoyechkaZoyechka Registered Users 1,187 Posts
    I've never participated in those TS because I don't see a point in spending 60 KStars on a box which can contain a green boa... So I don't care about a Throwback Sale. But people from Russian fandom had been chanting about it FOR WEEKS.
    I'm the exact opposite. I'd rather spend a mere 60 Kstars for any guaranteed event item than spend 1,200 Kstars chasing hair for three straight days non-stop. At least a throwback actually GIVES you something back. My luck with giftbox items is terrible. I always feel like I'm giving all my money to Glu & the Kardashian empire instead of spending it on food & rent, in real life.
    GC: Zoë Strange
  • Options
    KatePillgrimKatePillgrim Registered Users 884 Posts
    Vats wrote: »
    Yeah I'm not a fan of gambling on boxes, but this is the only way to get my hair, so I've been saving for a long time to make sure I'll get it! Wait sucks and I can move on while I don't have that hair!
    Zoyechka wrote: »
    I'm the exact opposite. I'd rather spend a mere 60 Kstars for any guaranteed event item than spend 1,200 Kstars chasing hair for three straight days non-stop. At least a throwback actually GIVES you something back. My luck with giftbox items is terrible. I always feel like I'm giving all my money to Glu & the Kardashian empire instead of spending it on food & rent, in real life.

I hope you will be lucky with your TS giftboxes guys! I'm never lucky with usual ones, I never get what I want the most :( That is why I'm too afraid to spend 60 KStars on a box which may contain something like plastic green St Patrick's sunglasses. Because I'm sure to get them and not one of the great items.
    My name is Kate. Playing since 2014 *whew*
    I want to be your in-game friend! Please add me on Facebook:

• Options
    isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    Andrzej_S. wrote: »
    I want it, but not these random boxes. Just give us a weekend and set prices in the wardrobe or bust!

YESSSSSSS! That would be perfect!
  • Options
    CilanCilan Registered Users 298 Posts
    Well I can pay the rent on time, but I used to eat out regularly since I'm a guy haha. But since playing Kardashian I only get like a few dollar menu items a day. So $2 to $3 on food a day = more K-stars for me... Yes. I'm crazy haha, but it does help to cut down the calories. xD
  • Options
    RaztasticalRaztastical Registered Users 26 Posts
    Omg when is this throwback sale finally happening? I feel like we've been talking about it forever. I'm hoping that this coming weekend will be a VIP event. It would make sense to pair the throwback sale with it! *spend kstars on throwback boxes and earn the earnables in the event!* I can't take the waiting anymore!
    image_zpsfwipfdaz.gif
  • Options
    KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    Omg when is this throwback sale finally happening? I feel like we've been talking about it forever. I'm hoping that this coming weekend will be a VIP event. It would make sense to pair the throwback sale with it! *spend kstars on throwback boxes and earn the earnables in the event!* I can't take the waiting anymore!
    image_zpsfwipfdaz.gif

lol, I love this and totally agree!

maxresdefault.jpg
    C'MON GLU, TAKE MY KSTARS ALREADY!
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    THROWBACK! THROWBACK! THROWBACK! THROWBACK! THROWBACK! THROWBACK! THROWBACK!

I remember the last one brought back stuff from 2015 Valentine's Day to Easter. So I believe that #3 will cover the next 3 months of that year. Of course maybe this is not a rule and we get older or newer stuff than that.

As you all know what I really want is the aniverssary's 'Brad Pitt' long hair, and would love to get it on my first pick:D

However what's the chance? So if I have to get another items I wouldn't mind if between them were the iwatch, the baby bash beige jacket, the black jacket with stars from 4th July and those dogtags from 2014.

So guys what items do you want for the next one?
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    My nose is stuffed up. I can't smell anything. Is there a Throwback scent in the air? Should we chant?
    Throwback Sale Throwback Sale Throwback Sale Throwback Sale Throwback Sale Throwback Sale Throwback Sale Throwback Sale Throwback Sale Throwback Sale Throwback Sale Throwback Sale Throwback Sale Throwback Sale Throwback Sale Throwback Sale Throwback Sale Throwback Sale Throwback Sale Throwback Sale Throwback Sale Throwback Sale Throwback Sale Throwback Sale

how'd I do?
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    FrancescahillFrancescahill Registered Users 1,288 Posts
    Ok so apparently someone found a file about a throwback sale in 2 of April which is impossible since it's a Saturday.....
  • Options
    hyerileehyerilee Registered Users 181 Posts
    Ok so apparently someone found a file about a throwback sale in 2 of April which is impossible since it's a Saturday.....

There are a few suspect things. I checked my files out and I didn't find this file. If it is supposed to be on 5.0.0 update, are we gonna have 2 updates until there? I mean it's still 4.8.0 update.
  • Options
    but I don't really know. Do you guys remember when one only player got the krossover event before everyone??? It may be glu testing those things
  • Options
    Please it have to be true!

I take it on any day of the week, I'm soooooooooooooo here!

C'mon Brad Pitt's hair!:rolleyes:
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    Please it have to be true!

I take it on any day of the week, I'm soooooooooooooo here!

C'mon Brad Pitt's hair!:rolleyes:

what is this hair??? Ive never seen it
  • Options
    hyerillee it's the anniversary hair:
    HrbCkOE.jpg?2

It was made after this Brad's hair:
    iu7r5HR.jpg?2
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    HrbCkOE.jpg?2

iu7r5HR.jpg?2

ohhhh I didnt even know he had that hair, pretty cool btw
  • Options
    That had should be purchasable to all. I mean, look at it. It's so perfect. :) Sigh.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Laralu529Laralu529 Registered Users 166 Posts
    HrbCkOE.jpg?2

iu7r5HR.jpg?2

Omg, it's gorgeous! I get why you want it so badly Vats
    Call me Lu :)
    Android player

Add me on FB
  • Options
    Oh, btw, that's not Brad's hair. That's Vats' Hair. It coined the phrase "Chasing Vats' hair" or "Chasing the Hair" and has morphed into the phenomena of 'chasing' a particular giftbox item beyond all sensible behavior. So much so, that if you have 3 of the 4 giftbox items, your last 17 palettes might at best have a one in 8 chance of getting what you want. But, anyone who doesn't admit to 'chasing the hair' now or again...well. I don't think they're being entirely honest. We all chase something sometimes. :) And, if they offer it again, and it pops up in his free giftbox.....well I think we'll all sleep a better that night, renewed with the hope that we too may someday win a Vats Hair of our very own. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    SassyVoguetteSassyVoguette Registered Users 1,510 Posts
    HrbCkOE.jpg?2

iu7r5HR.jpg?2

I'm so in love with young Brad Pitt ❤️

And that hair looks gorg on you. I'm sending you all the luck and positive vibes, so you get it in your very first box in the next Throwback! xo
    Vats has my heart. Forever. 💕

iOS
    07/2014 
  • Options
    SassyVoguetteSassyVoguette Registered Users 1,510 Posts
    Oh, btw, that's not Brad's hair. That's Vats' Hair. It coined the phrase "Chasing Vats' hair" or "Chasing the Hair" and has morphed into the phenomena of 'chasing' a particular giftbox item beyond all sensible behavior. So much so, that if you have 3 of the 4 giftbox items, your last 17 palettes might at best have a one in 8 chance of getting what you want. But, anyone who doesn't admit to 'chasing the hair' now or again...well. I don't think they're being entirely honest. We all chase something sometimes. :) And, if they offer it again, and it pops up in his free giftbox.....well I think we'll all sleep a better that night, renewed with the hope that we too may someday win a Vats Hair of our very own. :)

I love this! ❤️ Only thing I chased were those Kylie braids from the Montana update - I was so lucky I got them on the sixth try!
    The way Vats wants this hair, I want those **** lips lol
    Vats has my heart. Forever. 💕

iOS
    07/2014 
  • Options
    Stardust1Stardust1 Registered Users 764 Posts

If Garrett ever wins THE HAIR before Vats I think I wouldn't have the heart to use it...I probably wouldn't even tell him lol.
    Xime level 30
    Let's be KKH friends!
    XIME and JAX got married! See them in their celebration Here
  • Options
    Awwww you girls <3

Truth be told, there isn't literally a day that I don't think on this hair!

But it was made for me and it's destined to be mine, somehow I know that!

And when that day finally comes I'll call it Vats' hair and will turn it on my signature hair!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    cocofabulouscocofabulous Registered Users 442 Posts
    So....I guess I shouldn't chase the St. Patrick's Day shoes and dress. I need to hold onto my k-stars!
    GC: Coco Fabulous
  • Options
    CilanCilan Registered Users 298 Posts
    Wasn't here for the last 2 throwbacks and could only find info on the last one in October... so forgive me for my questions haha!

Did the throwbacks follow any pattern like the time period of items released? Did Throwback #2 contain clothing that were the same as items from Throwback #1 or were they completely "new" sets of items? Did Throwback #2 contain clothing that were older than what was given in Throwback #1? I want to see if I have a chance to get that halloween gladiator outfit from a few years back!
  • Options
    rachelfromkkhrachelfromkkh Registered Users 6 Posts
    Francesca, Where are you? 😭
  • Options
    CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    Time period, I'd say items from events held between October 2014 and April 2015. Half of them were the same, at least for the guys. In TBS1 was the Jack Sparrow costume, and in TBS2 was the Firefighter one. So yeah, chances are they might put the Gladiator outfit this time.

About the next update, they can release v4.11 and so on... v5.0 would be when they come up with something HUGE, like we've had wedding, babies and voting features added in the past. Perhaps separate eyebrows and more customization options like in other Glu games? :)
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
  • Options
    FrancescahillFrancescahill Registered Users 1,288 Posts
    I just hope glu do the d a m n throwback because I'm sick of the people from Instagram talking about it all the fricking day ��
  • Options
    wolfandbutler2wolfandbutler2 Registered Users 351 Posts
    What two or so items in particular are you really hoping get included in the throwback?

My #1 is the Karl skirt that was in a gift box... I chased this baby so hard, wasted hundreds of k-stars trying to get it, with no luck.

24qjvhs.jpg

Besides the skirt, I really want more hairstyles. All the hairstyles. But most of all this one, which I also chased to no avail:

MWfqJBl.jpg
    GC: wolfandbutler2 /// IG: wolfandbutler.kkh
  • Options
    MagriatrixMagriatrix Registered Users 123 Posts
    What exactly is a "Throwback Event"?
    These words are like knives and often leave scars. -Brendon Urie
    It's a good thing to be strange. Normalness leads to sadness. -Phil Lester
    Fast food, greasy taco, I love. Food like this could've only come from above. -Tyler Robert Joseph

:oAll of you are beautiful in your own way. Don't ever change yourself.:o
  • Options
    Throwback Sales have happened twice. Each time a number of Event GiftBox items from earlier events are put up into giftboxes. The price per giftbox has been 60 Stars, and it's the only way to get some long sought after items.

They're a lot of fun, and I've gotten some great items that way. You also get the novely items from the event...like the big green shamrock ring that looks like a lolipop or plastic, or the green boa. But we've been waiting for another throwback for a while. I hope it happens. Soon. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary