Options

A New Week Begins...Think we'll have 3 for 3 ..er.. 4 for 4 throwback Event?

kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
I hope everyone had a great Weekend.....and your assignment for tonight, should you choose to accept it, is to conjure up dreams about the coming week....let your imagination run wild as you sleep, and then tell us whether you think we'll have a third week Throwback Event in a row. So far they've begun on Tuesday, they've been written up in the Site FAQs. No one said they'd be every week, but aren't you a little spoiled? ANd I mean that in a good way. It's like coming home after a hard day's work, and be swept off your feet by your honey you'd begun to think had lost interest. And then Boom......they make you fall i love with them all over again.

If you don't think we'll have a Throwback.....any hints? Will it be a quiet week until the Weekend?
What about something brand new to try out? So let's toss around some ideas, hopes or more, if nothing else, lets pass the time, while we recharge and watch for that tell tale little mini loading bar to pop up sometime before Tuesday.

I don't know about you, but my fingers are crossed.
If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
I Am NOT a Glu Employee
🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
💜Vats
💜#VipKalinda
#RecollectionsMayVary
Prev1345

Comments

• Options
    CilanCilan Registered Users 298 Posts
    Isn't this going to be Throwback week 4 if it happens? xD
  • Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Hopefully we do! Then it'll be a month of throwback event!

Has anyone seen the Halloween fangs from 2014 in the boxes? I've not seen it on this forum, nor on instagram. Did they miss it out? It's on my top list since forever!
    PM to add
  • Options
    isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    I definitely have my fingers crossed too; I so hope it won't be a "quiet week"--I love Throwback Weekdays! It doesn't matter that I can never get enough points for that fourth box, I absolutely can get "spoiled" for these events! :):) Oh, and I'm really looking forward to earning more perk points. And I have stars enough left over from what I bought for the VIP event, so I think maybe a little kloset shopping is in order, there's a few things I know I'll be getting, and I'm already wondering about this coming weekend's event! Oh, here's something--finally a good offer from Maria last night--the 40 K-star dog in the Hollywood condo, which I totally forgot about since forever until Keem had recently reminded me--I got 10 stars back for buying him/her, so only cost me 30 stars (!), and I have another tappable in the bargain. Best deal she's offered me yet! Last, I'm hoping so much for some new storylines; side gigs have unfortunately gotten very boring; even the reality TV gigs have gotten boring. I'm glad those new filming jobs are here though. And perhaps a big stir between Willow and Skylar would be fun. :p
  • Options
    xXLucyXxxXLucyXx Registered Users 1,077 Posts
    I hope so - I hadn't played KKH for months and after some experimenting I've come to the conclusion that you can't download saved game anymore! It used to be really easy, but now if I want to play I'll be starting a new game for like the millionth time even though I never wanted to do that again :D so free throwback items are a good thing :)
    GC: { Lucyxx }
  • Options
    JulesmoJulesmo Registered Users 640 Posts
    I really hope there is a throwback! Since I don't spend money on the game, VIP weekends are weekends off for me lol. I love little freebies during the week, even if I only have time to earn one box. Waiting and hoping...
  • Options
    Um, I was wondering about it being 4 as well, but, then I thought the first time it came out as a weekend event? I honestly remember the first week my highlight was a blue dress for AppleP I think, the one with diagonal cutouts. Then the next week the highlight..... ok, over to the photo gallery, Blue dress was April 27, May 3rd was a backpack, May 10th was a black feather dress...oh my.

This is why I love you guys. It takes a village to keep me from being wrong sometimes. 4th Week. We're looking for a 4th week. I don't know why the 1st week didn't register. Ok, thread title change. Lol.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    isabeau wrote: »
    I definitely have my fingers crossed too; I so hope it won't be a "quiet week"--I love Throwback Weekdays! It doesn't matter that I can never get enough points for that fourth box, I absolutely can get "spoiled" for these events! :):) Oh, and I'm really looking forward to earning more perk points. And I have stars enough left over from what I bought for the VIP event, so I think maybe a little kloset shopping is in order, there's a few things I know I'll be getting, and I'm already wondering about this coming weekend's event! Oh, here's something--finally a good offer from Maria last night--the 40 K-star dog in the Hollywood condo, which I totally forgot about since forever until Keem had recently reminded me--I got 10 stars back for buying him/her, so only cost me 30 stars (!), and I have another tappable in the bargain. Best deal she's offered me yet! Last, I'm hoping so much for some new storylines; side gigs have unfortunately gotten very boring; even the reality TV gigs have gotten boring. I'm glad those new filming jobs are here though. And perhaps a big stir between Willow and Skylar would be fun. :p

Are you in a spend it now mood, or will you be waiting for the next VIP? I always go over with VIPs. I spend quickly to get to the final prize, but then Maria keeps calling, and I'll see something and say "Oh yeah I wanted that too" so I spend more. Last night when I thought I was done, I got to Cannes in one game and saw I hadn't purchased the dog (what kind is that?) so, I had to do that too.

I am so hoping for another Throwback Event this week. Throwback Event please GluGods. We'll wait patiently, but could you give us the mini loading sign a little early? We are an anxious bunch. ;)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    BobbieMBobbieM Registered Users 789 Posts
    I hope so!! I am anxiously awaiting!!
    Brooklyn (GC is Bobbie629) • A+++ Player!
    • Married to Jackson White (GC is MomBLuz6) • Comeback #1
    • Daily player for Kim Kardashian Hollywood
    • iOS Player Only • Mommy to Baby Annabelle & Elijah!
    Please excuse the type-o's.. I'm on my phone and it doesn't like to write what I'm typing!
  • Options
    xXLucyXx wrote: »
    I hope so - I hadn't played KKH for months and after some experimenting I've come to the conclusion that you can't download saved game anymore! It used to be really easy, but now if I want to play I'll be starting a new game for like the millionth time even though I never wanted to do that again :D so free throwback items are a good thing :)

Since I see you're iOS, go to the Apple Support IM chat. They are great there, will answer all your questions and more. They'll have you connect your device, and then iTunes saves your game, and lets you choose which saved game file to load. Give this a shot if you're having a problem, or just chat with them to see if the game is or isn't saved. Also, if you haven't been able to load a saved game, or it's not saving, please post in the 5.0 Update Glitch thread. I'd notified Glu about a few cases, and I believe it's being looked into.) But, with iOS issues, Apple Support IMChat is your best friend. Believe me, if you talk to them and they set you up to save in iTunes, you should probably be fine. Good luck, contact them from a desktop/laptop so you can connect and they talk you through the whole thing.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Laralu529Laralu529 Registered Users 166 Posts
    I have my fingers crossed too! I love having something to look forward to during weekdays. Pleease GluGods! Keep spoiling us :D
    Call me Lu :)
    Android player

Add me on FB
  • Options
    MegannitaMegannita Registered Users 284 Posts
    I also miss those voting events. Whatever happened to those?
    You remind me of the babe...
  • Options
    LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts
    I'm also keeping my fingers crossed that Glu will spoil us with another midweek Throwback Event!!!
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    Are you in a spend it now mood, or will you be waiting for the next VIP? I always go over with VIPs. I spend quickly to get to the final prize, but then Maria keeps calling, and I'll see something and say "Oh yeah I wanted that too" so I spend more. Last night when I thought I was done, I got to Cannes in one game and saw I hadn't purchased the dog (what kind is that?) so, I had to do that too.

I am so hoping for another Throwback Event this week. Throwback Event please GluGods. We'll wait patiently, but could you give us the mini loading sign a little early? We are an anxious bunch. ;)

Ok, I'm so bad with this; I don't do "window-shopping." If I'm a-shopping I'm a-buying! I've actually never saved for the VIPs. When there's an update with things to buy, I'm like, This! <try it on> Tap. Oh, that! <try it on> Tap. Hm, that's a lot of stars; let me wait and see. Oh, these shoes! <try them on> Tap. On and on. With The Huntsman I rapidly bought two gowns and several pieces of jewelry--tap tap tap--and the boots. Tap! Try it on, buy it or not. Tap tap tap! Things I'm not sure of, I decide to wait. Usually they're the things I end up not buying; when my gut feeling talks, I listen. And every so often there's something where I wait, and consider it over and over, over time, sometimes buying it, sometimes not. There's a v5 update pair of shoes I really like, and I still like them. But for some reason I just don't pull the trigger, not sure why. Other times there'll be something I like plenty, but I eventually get past it. I'll look at it, and love it, but eventually it just becomes a part of the past and I move on. I'll tell you though: There's an amazing, lush-looking outfit--long black coat, possibly a fur collar, hard to tell, with a ruffled-edge leather skirt and black top that I once wanted *a lot*. I never decided to buy it after all, though I always still liked it. Sooner or later it was just finished as an enticement to me. But during a weekend event about three weeks ago I was opening gift boxes...and was so surprised to get it. And I love it still. I don't have any appreciation for wardrobe items in event boxes though. The second pic is a very good reason why. One of the few things I've actually dreaded, came from an event gift box last month. It just makes me cringe. C'mon, don't give me something like this in an event box!

The good outfit:

image_zpsu14vsdvr.jpeg

The BAD outfit:

image_zpswd6l1nki.jpeg

So right now I'm trying not to think about a possible throwback tomorrow just in case it doesn't happen, but I will be checking and checking for a mini update--please, please, throwback pleeze!!!
  • Options
    RumpelstilzchenRumpelstilzchen Registered Users 1,599 Posts
    Throwbacks are the best! And Sales :-)
    Android
  • Options
    xXLucyXxxXLucyXx Registered Users 1,077 Posts
    Since I see you're iOS, go to the Apple Support IM chat. They are great there, will answer all your questions and more. They'll have you connect your device, and then iTunes saves your game, and lets you choose which saved game file to load. Give this a shot if you're having a problem, or just chat with them to see if the game is or isn't saved. Also, if you haven't been able to load a saved game, or it's not saving, please post in the 5.0 Update Glitch thread. I'd notified Glu about a few cases, and I believe it's being looked into.) But, with iOS issues, Apple Support IMChat is your best friend. Believe me, if you talk to them and they set you up to save in iTunes, you should probably be fine. Good luck, contact them from a desktop/laptop so you can connect and they talk you through the whole thing.

I didn't know they could do that :( I've already started over the old game though. IM Support doesn't seem available in the UK you have to call them. KKH just doesn't prompt to use saved game at all anymore on my devices - that might be a deliberate change though. Thank you I'll find the glitch thread anyway :)

I guess if anyone else takes a break from the game don't delete it if you think you will go back to it!
    GC: { Lucyxx }
  • Options
    LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts
    I just got a mini update!!
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    Ooooooooooh, I have a good feeling. Thank you Agent Linda. Job well done. I'm going to go check my devices. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Someone on insta posted a screenshot that says Show Your Style event.

It could be voting event for throwback boxes?
    PM to add
  • Options
    LantsPanceLantsPance Registered Users 998 Posts
    I got a mini update as well. :)

Edit: What are voting events?
    Daily iOS KKH player
  • Options
    LantsPance wrote: »
    I got a mini update as well. :)

Edit: What are voting events?

You submit a look, wait 4 hours to get results. If you win you get 20 points, lose and get 10 points. You can also vote for other players' looks. They're really fun and a good change of event.
    PM to add
  • Options
    ZoyechkaZoyechka Registered Users 1,187 Posts
    Last night when I thought I was done, I got to Cannes in one game and saw I hadn't purchased the dog (what kind is that?) so, I had to do that too.

A Maltese. Elizabeth Taylor kept Maltese dogs as pets the last 20 years of her life. She was always pictured with the cutest little teacup Maltese dogs. Even when she was wheeling around in her wheelchair she had them. They are so pretty.
    GC: Zoë Strange
  • Options
    AmiliciousAmilicious Registered Users 415 Posts
    I was just gonna say I really miss voting events, it's so fun to see what other people are wearing. Very excited right now!
  • Options
    LantsPanceLantsPance Registered Users 998 Posts
    Naimonster wrote: »
    You submit a look, wait 4 hours to get results. If you win you get 20 points, lose and get 10 points. You can also vote for other players' looks. They're really fun and a good change of event.

What are the prizes? And how do you 'win?'
    Daily iOS KKH player
  • Options
    ZoyechkaZoyechka Registered Users 1,187 Posts
    LantsPance wrote: »
    What are the prizes? And how do you 'win?'
    By other player's votes. You are pitted against other competing players. You win points towards a box/outfit/prize.
    GC: Zoë Strange
  • Options
    DMV_DollDMV_Doll Registered Users 1,470 Posts
    I'm looking 4ward to a voting event... It's always a nice change to grinding & tapping ur fingertips off lol

I did want to get my hands on the party event high ombre ponytail tho 😔
    I don't make the rules... I just follow them most of the time 😉

Andriod player
  • Options
    Hmmmm. I'm going to go see what the FAQs on the site say about throwback events. They posted it just before the throwbacks started, or when they did.

ANd Show your style is when we put together outfits, and submit them, and we vote on looks others have put together. I was thinking about the possibility of another Show Your Style, and I definitely wondered if they'd put Throwbacks in the gift boxes. It would be less effort than putting together new outfits for the mid week things. But if it was throwback, wouldn't it SAY throwback? Can someone pull up a link for a Throwback Event banner/placard , and for one of our Show your Style. If we look at the wording we might have a clue....or they can just amend it to fit it's new purpose. Like amending the Throwback Sale into a Throwback Event. I'm going to look around and see the wordings.

OK, from the site under What is a Throwback Event:
    ........Throwback Events work like other events: earn a 5-star rating on professional projects during a Throwback Event to get Event Points. Get enough Event Points to unlock gift boxes containing throwback items from past events!

******************************************************************************

But, I don't see how a Show Your Style could give Throwback Giftboxes, because wouldn't the file have had Throwback in there somewhere?

But professional events give Event points for throwbacks. ANd, in a How You Style...there aren't 5 Stars. It's a win or didn't win. There is no way to put a 5 Star into that. So, unless the FAQs put in a new FAQ about How you style I don't think it will be Throwback Events. Let me go check FAQs again.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Voting event? Well let's the freakshow begin lol

Now seriously someone refresh my memory, we get those extra points from inviting friends to what exactly? Gigs? Parties? Can't remember!

And by the way if we call them to the reality show task will we get extra points for every friend we invite? Too many questions... let's find out tomorrow!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    Ok, my first reaction....I'm like a junkie who needs her ThrowBack Event fix. It takes 21 days to form a habit. And...since we have had three weeks (thank you for correcting me. Time flies when you've having a blast!) Ergo addiction to it.

However, always looking on the bright side, and no snark at all kross my heart as a Gemini, the members of our family who are short on time, and need it fast...(probably alpha types who'll be playing when courts not in session, or before the next surgery or modelling shoot, can spend stars to make the How you Style rewards come in faster. In a How you style, correct me if I'm wrong,
    you submit a look every 4 hours for free. At then end of the 4 hours, you get points. More if your look won.
    You also vote for other looks. You can pick up hints for your next submitted style.

Now, if you don't want to wait till the time is up, the way you can buy in early to a gig, and the closer to the end of the timer the less it costs to buy in, except you pay to buy OUT of the show and get your results early. If I'm not wrong the votes are in pretty early, so, the faster you get your results and submit a new look, the faster your build up the points to the giftboxes? No, it would be giftboxes in a throwback. What are we playing for in the How You Style? My mind has been thinking TB TB TB, so a little help?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    Show Your Style event? Hey, I love those! We've only had two in the past. I know there were glitches and all, but I really love the voting feature!

There were bonus points the last time, but I was told they were testing it, so anything can happen.

Btw, no update for Android, or just me?
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
  • Options
    But you know me, if clothes are involved......or prizes of any kind.....I'm there with a smile on my face.

However....with the Androids if we don't project our true images, (we're still seeing each other dressed the same for what 3 weeks? So, will my doll be voted on in her red kokktail dress with the big red flower in the middle? Or will she show in the looks I submit?

I could swear I've seen you guys in my game because I vote a lot. But this is fun, and just knowing that throwback events exist and can be ours...I'm good.

And I do remember a differnt glitch each time we've had this event, so I'm sure the new roll out will knock us off our buttskys.

Happy Event Everybody. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.