Options

Forget the song.....We LOVE Mondays

Comments

• Options
    GirlyGirly Registered Users 31 Posts
    I'm on my second box, and I keep getting sunglasses or strange hair pins. I think it's strange that you can't buy boxes? Is that option there and I'm simply not seeing it? I would have thought Glu would monopolize on people (me) going crazy with the throwback sale to chase that one item.
  • Options
    Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    tumblr_o7piv0ZZ901qfvh9po1_1280.jpg

Cute! But I'm hoping I can work this into a 3 musketeers look instead of just pirate. maybe with the right hair & hat combo, hmmmm...

Girly wrote: »
    I think it's strange that you can't buy boxes? Is that option there and I'm simply not seeing it? I would have thought Glu would monopolize on people (me) going crazy with the throwback sale to chase that one item.

I think it's to make it fair for everyone, especially with lower level players having to make less points to finish all 4 boxes.
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
  • Options
    LantsPanceLantsPance Registered Users 998 Posts
    Thank you all for the SCL tips!

So the gigs reset only once you do ALL 3 gigs (1 hr, 3 hr, 8 hr)? And until you do all 3, you can do any of them as much as you want?
    Like I can do the 1 hr gigs over and over and over to my heart's content?
    Daily iOS KKH player
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,114 Posts
    Girly wrote: »
    I'm on my second box, and I keep getting sunglasses or strange hair pins. I think it's strange that you can't buy boxes? Is that option there and I'm simply not seeing it? I would have thought Glu would monopolize on people (me) going crazy with the throwback sale to chase that one item.

Glu devised the Throwback Event, after having earlier Throwback Sales. They decided to give us a midweek event, that didn't involve buying more boxes/ If you could just keep buying throwback boxes, you just know some people would keep going till they owned everything, and then there is no more event for them. If you're buying boxes, and start getting Cash, Energy, sportsbras, you're going to be unhappy. This way everyone gets to play whether they have a few stars or a lot.

The overall response has been good, with a few people voicing displeasure that they can only get 4 boxes. I'd rather work for 4 boxes that buy one or two per game. We viewed this as Glu listening, and giving us an event that doesn't make people spend it all. Very good PR move, IMO.

Welcome to the forum Girly. And, buy getting all the little prizes out of the way, you know they won't be in future boxes. When i got 4 pair of shoes this morning, I just told myself "When I get all the shoes, I'll start getting dresses" and sure enough, my other boxes today have been better. :)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    As far as SCL, you can do 2 tasks over and over and over, and then once you do the third gig, it locks down for 3 days, after paying you 1000$ and 3 Stars. TBH, I haven't been doing SCL since the Reality show came out. Hmmm, I think I might save a few energy if I did SCL? Too many things to think of. :)

Happy Grinding everyone. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    ChicCharlotteChicCharlotte Registered Users 571 Posts
    Keem wrote: »
    Details of so chic londen can be found at the glu link
    https://glumobile.helpshift.com/a/kim-kardashian-hollywood/?p=web&s=gameplay&f=how-can-i-receive-a-bonus-reward-from-so-chic-london

Why are these so crucial to events?
    First, you can do each shift (1h, 3h, 8h) as many times as you want up until you complete the 3rd job quest. After that, it is a 3 day recharge to do these quests again

The consistent 1h job is used for VIP events. You can spend 14 energy to complete this job, and grind kstars

For professional weekends, the 8h shift job is favorited.
    Because this job follows work shift rules, it's tappables usually payout twice what they are worth, making the 8h job done in significantly less energy, but receiving the full 8h event points!

I'm yet to find use for the 3h job for any event.

*making a Post-It note for myself*
    Thank you for this! I didn't know about the 8hr gig on professional gig weekends.
    Began an iOS game and need friends!
    Also deleted old Facebook account. Please refriend me if you play iOS.
    https://facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009525168362
  • Options
    KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    i'll make pictures when i'm done but so far

1st box: the little red riding hood outfit. that was nice since i have the hair to go with it
    2nd box: it had to happen eventually and somehow, I just knew this time would be the time, the green boa.
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • Options
    Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    Here's Carol Davida second box:

ZjjmuN.png
    Pv1DUW.jpg

She won pink earrings.
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    First box:

0B4lCJ.png

Second box:

Nvk8mq.png

Not thrilled about either of them but I try to stay positive and think that I'm one box closer to something nice since I'm getting these bleh items out of the way. I can't tell you how many pairs of black sunglasses I own. Haha!
    Daily iOS KKH player
  • Options
    ZoyechkaZoyechka Registered Users 1,187 Posts
    LantsPance wrote: »
    First box:

0B4lCJ.png

Second box:

Nvk8mq.png

Not thrilled about either of them but I try to stay positive and think that I'm one box closer to something nice since I'm getting these bleh items out of the way. I can't tell you how many pairs of black sunglasses I own. Haha!
    Those pink high top sneakers are nice, though. I'd kill to get those. It's really too bad the girl dolls don't have an athletic shoes selection like they do in K&K.
    GC: Zoë Strange
  • Options
    SassyVoguetteSassyVoguette Registered Users 1,510 Posts
    Are the Calabasas 3hr show the best to complete the TB event? For 23 energy you get 12 + 4 (guests) = 16, so one energy bar is enough for 2 shows which makes 32 points, right? And SCL 8hr shift uses a whole energy bar and you get only 20 points.. Sorry for asking but my head is still fuzzy from all the traveling and I suck at math lol
    Vats has my heart. Forever. 💕

iOS
    07/2014 
  • Options
    Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    Are the Calabasas 3hr show the best to complete the TB event? For 23 energy you get 12 + 4 (guests) = 16, so one energy bar is enough for 2 shows which makes 32 points, right? And SCL 8hr shift uses a whole energy bar and you get only 20 points.. Sorry for asking but my head is still fuzzy from all the traveling and I suck at math lol

that's what I have been doing for them. if you work your hours the right way you can get to box 2 by the end of the first 24 hours and I usually make it to box 3. It's box 4 that's impossible for me XP
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
  • Options
    SassyVoguetteSassyVoguette Registered Users 1,510 Posts
    Andrzej_S. wrote: »
    that's what I have been doing for them. if you work your hours the right way you can get to box 2 by the end of the first 24 hours and I usually make it to box 3. It's box 4 that's impossible for me XP

Thanks Andrzej :)

I am grinding for box 2 now lol I'll grind tonight and I'll try to get box 3, but there is no way to get to #4 :/ I can't grind on weekdays, just after work
    Vats has my heart. Forever. 💕

iOS
    07/2014 
  • Options
    Here are my throwback prizes (can't do screen shots with the Kindle, so no palette views):
    box 1 had this cool mini-dress, box 2 metallic leggings which are really hard to style with what I have available in my closet, and box 3 the striped swimsuit cover.

kdtms7.jpg
  • Options
    Oh look at the dresses. And I'm sitting here with shoes. So far, out of 9 boxes, 6 have been shoes, 2 are the same shoe on 2 devices - the blue/greay strappy heeled sandal. Then I got one dress, one bikini outfit, I'll grab my screenshots. I just keep telling myself, if I get all the shoes this week, if they have it again next week.....I bet I won't get shoes. :)

PS. I love that top with those leggings. You styled it beautifully.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options

The 3 hr Calabasas shows only take me 19 energy.
    5 for each friend, you get 1 back, so it's 16 for the friends, and then I choose the 1 energy tappable and the 2 energy tappable and complete the show gig for 19 energy.
    Daily iOS KKH player
  • Options
    Stardust1Stardust1 Registered Users 764 Posts
    LantsPance wrote: »
    The 3 hr Calabasas shows only take me 19 energy.
    5 for each friend, you get 1 back, so it's 16 for the friends, and then I choose the 1 energy tappable and the 2 energy tappable and complete the show gig for 19 energy.

I need to get Xime the Calabasas home ASAP, we're working with Malibu but we only have 2 guests so we're not getting much done. She's working on box 3 as is Garrett but G is already in the last 40 point to get it while Xime is in the first 50...is taking forever. We can only work for a while every few hours because you got to life live apparently. Lol

I'm hopping for dresses for Xime too Koko...I mean, a girl loves shoes but is not the only thing she wears yah know?.
    Xime level 30
    Let's be KKH friends!
    XIME and JAX got married! See them in their celebration Here
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Oh look at the dresses. And I'm sitting here with shoes. So far, out of 9 boxes, 6 have been shoes, 2 are the same shoe on 2 devices - the blue/greay strappy heeled sandal. Then I got one dress, one bikini outfit, I'll grab my screenshots. I just keep telling myself, if I get all the shoes this week, if they have it again next week.....I bet I won't get shoes. :)

PS. I love that top with those leggings. You styled it beautifully.

I feel you Koko! I haven't been lucky with the tb boxes too:(

And this week was...ugh!

First I got high barrel black boots and I was like, 'hey, not bad!', but then when at the wardrobe I found out that the boots are glitched and are cutted by the middle, just awful to see it!

Then I got another shorts and more brown boots lol can you believe that?

The last box was a very cruel one, I got the shades from the first anniversary, yup the ones that came together with Brad's hair, they're nice but... oh no!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    Thank you, Koko! My throwback reward boxes have been a pretty even mix of things each week. I hope yours start doing the same very soon (omg 6 out of 9!). I'm sending the Glu Gods dress vibes for you.
  • Options
    Stardust1Stardust1 Registered Users 764 Posts
    Vats wrote: »
    The last box was a very cruel one, I got the shades from the first anniversary, yup the ones that came together with Brad's hair, they're nice but... oh no!

Oh Glu...

giphy.gif
    Xime level 30
    Let's be KKH friends!
    XIME and JAX got married! See them in their celebration Here
  • Options
    wolfandbutler2wolfandbutler2 Registered Users 351 Posts
    My last box! I can't believe I could have picked that Karl skirt, fdsahcbafgaesadf one day it will be mine...

CjTuMn3VAAQTgOg.jpg:large

Very happy with TB this week. I got a skirt I always wanted, earrings, a necklace and a dress.
    GC: wolfandbutler2 /// IG: wolfandbutler.kkh
  • Options
    evilhagevilhag Registered Users 923 Posts
    UGH. My friends are breaking up with me after doing calabasas reality show. dang it I thought that glitch was over. :(
    Put a cap on Trendspenders! 
    Give 20 daily videos to paying players!
    Bonus star for parties!
  • Options
    JulesmoJulesmo Registered Users 640 Posts
    I have these throwbacks down to a science lol. I know exactly how many 3hr Calabasas 20 energy parties it takes to get through to the fourth box. I just check in every few hours and do a taping or two depending on how much energy I have. Right now I have 13 more tapings, should be done around noon tomorrow unless I decide to grind this evening. If they ever shorten the time frame, I will be up a creek.
  • Options
    My first box was a purse. Second was really sexy gladiator sandal/high heeled boots with heart shaped holes. Third I got fugly pair of high waisted pants. Absolutely no hair on my palettes and no cat purses, either.
  • Options
    evilhag wrote: »
    UGH. My friends are breaking up with me after doing calabasas reality show. dang it I thought that glitch was over. :(
    Yeah I stopped doing that, period. In fact, I was so afraid of losing my GC friends that I stopped inviting them to regular gigs. I really don't mind using NPCs for gigs now. They don't get maxed out as quickly and I really like the industry bonuses. I got three Kstars the last reality show I did just by only using NPCs.
  • Options
    CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    Box 3: Denim

861T2LV.png

Box 4: Parka

c5i5Bj8.png
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
  • Options
    KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    Box 3, the headband

2wg7ztx.jpg
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • Options
    AmyTAmyT Registered Users 1,164 Posts
    Zoyechka wrote: »
    My first box was a purse. Second was really sexy gladiator sandal/high heeled boots with heart shaped holes. Third I got fugly pair of high waisted pants. Absolutely no hair on my palettes and no cat purses, either.

This cat purse, Zoe? I'm gutted I missed it too :(

This is my 3rd (and probably final) box. At least I dodged my fifth Halloween costume lol! But I love that white fur jumper, I need it :) maybe next time.

CAA97F2D-83DC-425E-AFF7-BE71978D1C7F_zpsex0wuqi0.jpg
    Top 20 +++
    My doll's name is Madison :)
    (~~ one cat short of crazy! ~~)

iOS player ~~ GC AmyTMadison
    Pm me if you'd like to add Madison on Facebook :)

#fangsforNai
  • Options
    AmyT wrote: »
    This cat purse, Zoe? I'm gutted I missed it too :(

This is my 3rd (and probably final) box. At least I dodged my fifth Halloween costume lol! But I love that white fur jumper, I need it :) maybe next time.

CAA97F2D-83DC-425E-AFF7-BE71978D1C7F_zpsex0wuqi0.jpg
    Omg I'm so sorry Amy, you missed it by one box! We are both gutted. It's really sad when cat people like us can't even win cat purses.

#SadMeowSound
  • Options
    AmyTAmyT Registered Users 1,164 Posts
    Zoyechka wrote: »
    Omg I'm so sorry Amy, you missed it by one box! We are both gutted. It's really sad when cat people like us can't even win cat purses.

#SadMeowSound

Haha when I saw I'd missed it, I looked like this :)
    2A97F6F3-1850-4AC0-8D3A-BC80B96F9191_zpsvoxxft6m.jpg

I've seen the calico kitty in a few palettes in previous weeks, so there's hope for us :)
    Top 20 +++
    My doll's name is Madison :)
    (~~ one cat short of crazy! ~~)

iOS player ~~ GC AmyTMadison
    Pm me if you'd like to add Madison on Facebook :)

#fangsforNai