Options

Midweek event- Special TB Sale+ 8/16/16

123457Next

Comments

• Options
    AngelineJAngelineJ Registered Users 1,511 Posts
    I think I should stop opening more TB boxes. (Somebody please take my iPads away from me!!)
    I opened 20 boxes for Jon and 16 for Angeline (both including the free one). Here are the top three outfits I like for them. Angeline got 25 KStars in both black boxes. Yay! Jon got a hairstyle in the gold box but not his style. He probably will never wear it. :p

image.jpg

image.jpgLove the bunny sneakers!!
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    #DontPunishPayingCustomers
  • Options
    bladeoobladeoo Registered Users 315 Posts
    Ok I am done! Here are my other boxes

I bought this one
    Csqjt1n.jpg
    on2o3q5.jpg

Needless to say, I am so upset about this one
    a5oszbA.jpg

xJzDHBK.jpg
    You can call me SONIA
    GC name is snowrice
    KKH Doll is Trixie
    K&K Doll is Lexie
    :cool:
  • Options
    haftimehaftime Registered Users 970 Posts
    I finished the event, and here's what I opened in my earned box (+ I bought one)

IgmJ3mM.png

A hair! Granted, it's a hair I won't probably use often, but still pretty exciting, since I don't have a lot of the items. And that patterned top... don't think I'll be wearing that much, but who knows!
    My doll's name is Everly Rook, I play on iOS, and I'm on FB at facebook.com/everly.rook. 
  • Options
    haftimehaftime Registered Users 970 Posts
    And here's Everly with her new hair-- it was kind of hard to style for the summer, because I find it hard to put my doll in winter clothes when it is so hot out IRL. I bet I'll get more wear out of it when the weather is cooler-- it looked good with some of the coats my doll has in her closet.

m50BJK2.png

She always blinks when I take a screen cap! Is it the flash? ;)
    My doll's name is Everly Rook, I play on iOS, and I'm on FB at facebook.com/everly.rook. 
  • Options
    maxrockatanskymaxrockatansky Registered Users 578 Posts
    "Hope is a dangerous thing. It can drive a man insane"
    Yep. And I am masochist. After all this time, I still hope to get my fav item. And Glu is making it impossible and more harder every f time. Yeah, that's what you get for playing for 2 years and tapping the weekends away.

Stupid SG lips. I don't even want you anymore. Bye Felicia.

Boo! I was really hoping you would get them. It's really satisfying to get a thing you've been lusting over -- but so so frustrating when you aren't having any luck with the boxes (or if the good ones are being withheld until you have a certain number of other items, which I believe is what's happening from everyone's instagrams and comments).

There's a similar quote from Mad Max (fave): "Hope is a mistake. If you can't fix what's broken, you'll go insane."
  • Options
    maxrockatanskymaxrockatansky Registered Users 578 Posts
    haftime wrote: »
    And here's Everly with her new hair-- it was kind of hard to style for the summer, because I find it hard to put my doll in winter clothes when it is so hot out IRL. I bet I'll get more wear out of it when the weather is cooler-- it looked good with some of the coats my doll has in her closet.

m50BJK2.png

She always blinks when I take a screen cap! Is it the flash? ;)

Everly is looking cute! Short sleeves and a knit cap is perfect between summer/autumn wear. (Skylar always blinks when she gets her photo taken too, or stares incessantly at her nails.)
  • Options
    KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    Le sigh. I got some boots with tassles and decided to go for another box and...the heart ring. The worst part was my Montana coat was in the top row. Saving the rest of my kstars.
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • Options
    Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    Whew! The grinding on this game feels such like a chore. Oh my goodness!:eek:

I didn't want to buy any throwback boxes. I'm just gonna hoard onto my kstars for the V.I.P. events instead.

gFTDQ4.jpg
    tb2Woz.jpg

GnGmDs.jpg
    Xc6VQE.png

Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    katiealexandraakatiealexandraa Registered Users 1,171 Posts
    Okay... I know I'm a little late as the event is now over, but I've really been wanting to share my thoughts on this event since I found out about it over a week ago. Unfortunately, I've been out of town without my computer, so it's been a little hard for me to get on here. Was going to put this in the Hookah thread, but decided against it as it's not all bad. I might quote it over there later, but for now, and since it's directly related to this week's event, I thought I would leave it here.

Dear Glu:

First off, I love throwback boxes. As someone who had to restart their game due to technical difficulties, I love that I have the opportunity to win items that I had in my old game (as well as some I didn't even own there). Throwback events used to be some of my favourite ones, but I understand that we can't have a ton of throwback boxes every week - we'd run out of items too quickly.

The game switched to quickly though. We went from being able to earn (and work hard for) 4 boxes every week, to 1 or 2 boxes maybe once a month. Why not have just kept the 4 earnable box event and offered it once a month? Or 2 earnable boxes every week or biweekly? It seems strange that these options were not tried prior to what throwbacks have become.

But this is the really important part:
    The throwback sale really angered me. I'm not someone who shies away from spending money on this game. However, with the game in the certain state it is in, being able to buy an unlimited number of throwback boxes was not good (essentially, being able to buy all missed items). Why? I know we aren't allowed to talk about certain things on here, so I will do my best to keep this post clean, but the people that this event actually benefitted were those who have illegitimate games. Most people figured this out quickly, and the amount of posts I saw on social media asking how to do *certain things I don't want to talk about here* was astounding. Making the boxes earnable (with the option to buy extras once you earn a box) forces people to play the game and work for something - it benefits the real players. Allowing players to buy instead of play only spreads the want/need for illegitimate games. I definitely do not think that this was Glu's intention, but it happened and should be acknowledged.

I get that games like this need to make money, and players who spend money on it should be given benefits (otherwise no one would spend). However, these benefits should NEVER come at the costs of the players who don't spend a lot. Every player, no matter how much you spend, should be given access to the full game and their enjoyment of it should not depend on $$$. When this balance is drastically thrown off, illegitimate games happen.

My suggestion? Bring back the 4 earnable throwback box event, with the option to buy extra boxes (1 or 2) when each box is earned - offer this event biweekly or monthly. OR do a weekly throwback event with less boxes. This ensures that we won't "run out" too fast, but the real players are able to earn those long-desired items. Also, change your algorithm... we know you're hiding those hairs from us.

Okay (breathe), now my boxes. I was so upset by what I saw on Instagram that I didn't even buy 1 extra box (which I usually do).

image.png

black box one: A pair of black box pants, yay! I have hardly any of the black box items (despite opening so many), so I'm really happy to have earned these!

image.png

black box two: Shoes from the closet. Not sure how I feel about these, better than kash/energy, but I definitely would not have bought them (which is why I didn't have them yet).

image.png

gold box: A white gift box purse. I have soooo many of the white box items, but almost none of the gold, yet for some reason I keep getting white box items in my other boxes. Still better than energy and kash, and just one more item out of the way before I start getting those gold ones.

image.png

throwback: I see hair! While I don't really like the item that I got, I'm always happy to get an older item. BUT: This is the second throwback palette in a row that I've seen hair! I really hope this means that I've gotten a good chunk of the accessories out of the way (by Glu's standards) and will now start getting some better items. I really like this hair, so I hope I see it again soon!
    ♡ iOS (level 64 A+++) ♡
    ♔ Instagram: katiealexandraa.kkh 
  • Options
    RumpelstilzchenRumpelstilzchen Registered Users 1,599 Posts
    The thought that St. Patrick's day dress could be in some of those boxes made me buy another box. I let my hubby (he is good in getting hairstyles) open it.
    Screenshot_2016-08-18-22-34-01_zpsealfgqvk.jpg
    I really like the shoes, but I think I won't buy throwback boxes again. 60 kstars is just too much for me to chase anything.
    It looks to me like the "quality" of the palettes isn't the same as it used to be. All accessories and shoes. All I wanted was a nice dress or top or skirt.
    It seems the TB event is made now for people who buy countless boxes and then maybe find their dream dress or hair or eyes.
    So like I never have finished a VIP event - it takes forever to earn 500 kstars (especially since I get not more than 2 videos a week) and we only get 1 earnable TB box now - I will consider this event as 'not for me' from now on.
    Don't want to be disappointed anymore, it's not good for my health.
    But congrats to everyone who got what they were wishing for!
    Android
  • Options
    SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    Katie, I completely agree with your post. What I don't understand is this: Glu has been excluding some players from receiving the TB events, their reason being that the players "had too many items" ... so what happens now that people have had the opportunity to buy endless numbers of TB boxes??? No more TB events?? I'm thoroughly confused as to why no limits were set on how many boxes could be purchased. Oh well, I guess we wait to see what Glu has up their sleeve next.
  • Options
    Syndra xSyndra x Registered Users 788 Posts
    Got this tacky top from the throwback box. GLU You can do better than this.
    :mad:

b8ka3k.jpg
    ✨🌹 ✪ 💎 💋 🌟 🎆 ✩ 💗 ♛ 💖✨🌹 ✪ 💎 💋 🌟 🎆 ✩ 💗 ♛ 💖
  • Options
    JulesmoJulesmo Registered Users 640 Posts
    So the earning event is over but my sale still pops up, but with no timer. Do we know when the sale ends?
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    When we have it all? I was wondering about that myself.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    JulesmoJulesmo Registered Users 640 Posts
    Oh wow, I hadn't thought of that. That would be crazy.
  • Options
    Syndra x wrote: »
    Got this tacky top from the throwback box. GLU You can do better than this.
    :mad:

b8ka3k.jpg

Do you like it with this skirt? I didn't like it when I got it, but now I'm cay about it.

KKH_Screenshot_1471566449604_zpstqwx7lzb.jpg
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    iampetermcdowelliampetermcdowell Banned Users 273 Posts
    Late post guys! Here's my boxes for my female&male char. :)))
    image_zpsjkwih6i8.jpeg
    image_zpsjxrlkwkw.jpeg
    image_zps2wvifahe.jpeg
    image_zpstludcrc7.jpeg
    image_zpsg0bvu5qu.jpeg
  • Options
    cocofabulouscocofabulous Registered Users 442 Posts
    When we have it all? I was wondering about that myself.

Now THAT is an idea!
    GC: Coco Fabulous
  • Options
    ldavis1636ldavis1636 Registered Users 286 Posts
    Does anyone have any information on this dress and where it's from? It's in the top of my closet and has no symbol on it. I got it from a TB box that I bought.
    2mwcmm0.jpg
    Hey, I'm Laura!

iOS player, would love to add any of you on Facebook!
  • Options
    snowangel672snowangel672 Registered Users 20 Posts
    ldavis1636 wrote: »
    Does anyone have any information on this dress and where it's from? It's in the top of my closet and has no symbol on it. I got it from a TB box that I bought.
    2mwcmm0.jpg

From the info I have the dress was earned through a special quest the weekend of January 30, 2015. I hope that helps :)
  • Options
    Syndra xSyndra x Registered Users 788 Posts
    Do you like it with this skirt? I didn't like it when I got it, but now I'm cay about it.

KKH_Screenshot_1471566449604_zpstqwx7lzb.jpg

Wow your doll looks more fashionable than mine with that skirt. Hoping to get the long white skirt from this weekend's dating event box to match with this top hmm
    ✨🌹 ✪ 💎 💋 🌟 🎆 ✩ 💗 ♛ 💖✨🌹 ✪ 💎 💋 🌟 🎆 ✩ 💗 ♛ 💖
  • Options
    Oh, my fingers are crossed for you. I didn't like the shirt when I got it. A few months later....the red skirt did it for me. Now, I have to get the white skirt from today. I'll try YOUR styling tip. :) Just proves, you never know when something will pop up that makes something you hated, a fun thing to wear.

Good luck in this week's event. You can do it. You can do it. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary