Options

Any tips about the newest update?

Hi! Since Kim always post something interesting about the new update, but she had some really bad problems :( now I wonder if someone else could say something to us. Anything. :)
Prev1

Comments

• Options
    Syndra xSyndra x Registered Users 788 Posts
    Soo quiet... not even a hint of "midweek" event til now hmm
    ✨🌹 ✪ 💎 💋 🌟 🎆 ✩ 💗 ♛ 💖✨🌹 ✪ 💎 💋 🌟 🎆 ✩ 💗 ♛ 💖
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    No midweek event this week, But with the extended event this past weekend....the new event will be here in no time. :)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    vivianhalevivianhale Banned Users 48 Posts
    No midweek event this week, But with the extended event this past weekend....the new event will be here in no time. :)

What do you mean?
  • Options
    First off, there is no midweek event this week. The extended event ending tonight shortens the time between events. On a regular week, without a midweek we'd wait from Monday to Friday - 5 days. With the extended event, without a midweek we are waiting just 4.
    :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Oh yeah, but this isn't good at all :( What happened with this midweek event?
  • Options
    NQueen331NQueen331 Registered Users 577 Posts
    vivianhale wrote: »
    Oh yeah, but this isn't good at all :( What happened with this midweek event?

It's not unusual for Glu to not give a midweek event if the past weekend event extends until Monday. This is probably because Glu wants to give us a break and not have events come one after another. It would be exhausting for a player to finish an event on Monday and have to start another one the very next day.
    Follow me on Instagram: @kkh.nubianqueen331
    If you would like to add me on Facebook please PM me.iOS Doll Name: Neko Lyon
    A++ Lister (Top 200)
    Reality Show: Life of a Lyonness (Top 400)
    Spouse: Max Mason (Top 50 Couples)
    If you do not like that the 40 K star gift boxes contain $4,000 Kash as a "prize," please visit this thread and share your opinion HERE
  • Options
    I just want to understand. They cheered us up with this midweek events and just take it away from us now?
  • Options
    vivianhale wrote: »
    I just want to understand. They cheered us up with this midweek events and just take it away from us now?

Sweetie, they are not permanently taking away the midweek events. They are just not giving one this week because of the extended weekend event. I'm not sure if you are a new player, but as long as I have been playing this always happens. Even Glu said that we shouldn't expect to get a midweek event every week.
    A++ Lister (Top 200)
    If you do not like that the 40 K star gift boxes contain $4,000 Kash as a "prize," please visit this thread and share your opinion HERE
  • Options
    NQueen331 wrote: »
    Sweetie, they are not permanently taking away the midweek events. They are just not giving one this week because of the extended weekend event. I'm not sure if you are a new player, but as long as I have been playing this always happens. Even Glu said that we shouldn't expect to get a midweek event every week.

I'm a new player but why are you talking to me like that? 'sweetie'? it sounds soooo ironic. I'm also new here on the forum too and I'm just asking something, you don't need to be harsh with me. Sorry the inconvenient by the way.
  • Options
    Hi Vivian, they don't always have midweek events. A lot of factors go into deciding if there is an event or not. Mid week events are not set in stone. It's only within the past 6 months or so that midweeks have become an 'almost' constant. But, I think it was nice that this time we were told in advance no midweek. This way we won't be popping up at 5 am thinking something was wrong. That has happened, and it's never pretty.

I do understand your disappointment, events are wonderful. But I think they're gearing up for the coming season of KK:H. Starting with Kim's Birthday, then Halloween, US Thanksgiving and .....Black Friday! then it all rolls into the Christmas. Hannukah, Kwanza and then New Years. Then we all relax, look at all our goodies, and feel like we need a cigarette. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Let's all take a deep breath. I don't think Queen meant anything harsh. If you go back and read her post again using a kinder gentler tone of voice, I think you'll get her real intent.

We were all new once, and there's nothing wrong with that. It simply means, you haven't been around long enough to get the feel of things. If you're new and there is consistantly a midweek event, of course when there is none you'll see it as something srong and out of place.

And I seriously think we need way more smileys. If you put the right smiley in, you can convey more accurately the intended 'tone' of voice. Hope this helps.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Thanks for defending me Koko I really appreciate it. You are right though. I wasn't coming off as rude or condescending in the slightest. I was simply trying to explain to Vivian why we weren't getting a midweek event. I was just trying to help. It's what I do. When I see a member of the forum especially a new one I try to help them and answer their questions the best I can. I apologize if I offended you Vivian. Maybe it would have been best if I never said anything.
    A++ Lister (Top 200)
  • Options
    A-listerA-lister Registered Users 72 Posts
    Hello Vivian. First of all, a warm welcome to the forum :D.
    I don't want you to think "These are against me", because it is frankly not the case. I was new to the forum too, about 2 weeks ago and since day one I understood that there are so so many friendly people, and the fact that we all have a thing in common (which is the game addiction) makes being part of this community so enjoyable!
    Trust me, I know the difference between a genuine "sweetie" and an ironic one. I'm the most ironic person I know. We're here to help each other, to give advices and having a good time.
    I'm so sorry you misunderstood NQueen. I hope you both will forget this little misunderstanding and become friends! :D
  • Options
    Hey, is something wrong with us? We are usually hoping and talking about what we think/want/pray for in the next update the minute the last update is installed. Ok I'll start......I'm hoping for something great as far as wardrobe or customization is concerned. Hoping for a new hair color to be added across the board......the lighter than light Platinum blonde. i would love that to be rolled out as a new color for all our existing haircolors.

Or, wardrobe customization. I love how in KKG there is a tab for purchased items. How long do we all spend scrolling and scrolling trying to find what we want?

Will our babies be able to age up to toddler? I'd love to walk down the street with SammiJ, or Dante Kristopher, or Raphael Jagger9. I can deal with leaving one baby home and walking with the other. Either in a stroller, or on foot. It looks like the mechanics are feasible....we can walk our walkable pets...just saying.

Ok, that's my brain stuff for this topic. WHo's next? What are you hoping for?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    I feel like if the babies aged I would miss them as babies... not to mention we'd have to redo the nursery and the way the updates have been going, we'd have to pay 200 stars to upgrade them to toddlers, 150 stars to upgrade the nursery, and our reward is 3 energy bolts and a k-star a week lol.

I would love if the wardrobe separated purchased items from non-purchased ones. Especially the dresses/tops section is such a pain to scroll through.
  • Options
    lol. I love that you figured out the cost for the upgrade, but especially the "3 energy bolts and a kstar" reward for our mini fortune outlay. I envision that if they did let us age out babies, maybe we'd get the option to age one of our choice. That way, we could lose the Nanny, gain the spouse in the nursery, have us hold the baby, and the toddler stand or sit between us and our spouse. But that's just a suggestion.

What do you think they'll roll out for Kimmie's Birthday?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    I reached max level yesterday, so that means a new update is on the way!

Being realistic I don't expect BIG changes in the game until next year, cause from now on it's Holidays' season and the game tends to focus on 'special' stuff around this time.

On the best scenario of this new coming update I see they adding new buyable Halloween costumes in our wadrobes and also in our babies' wardrobes as they did last year.

Maybe a week of special Halloween daily boxes as in 2014.

A new sale with previous Halloween costumes like Nai's fangs, Legolas' hair and so on would be so cool!

And on Kim's B'day receiving a special gift from her again.:)
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    But aren't we supposed to expect big things before the end of the year? I remember Koko mentioned something like that.
  • Options
    Vivian I said 'big changes' not 'big things'.

I think everything I listed (if they happen) can be considered big things, now about stuff like babies growing up, krews or any other feature that can change the gameplay won't happen until next year. Got it?
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    See, when I hope or dream....it's just coming out of my head and heart. ;) when it's something I've herd from Glu, I make that clear. I really emember when
    Kim's birthday has occurred, something special has come our way. I'm thinking last year for her birthday.....was it 2nd babies? First baby came in June. I know that. When I get back to my laptop I'll see what happened last year. but it's always been special.

and yes, Glu did say they had something we asked for, and something they 'knew we'd love' coming up before the end of the year.... I'll find that post as well. But I know for a fact they scan these kind of 'hoping for' threads along with others to pick up honest feedback, and to see what we hope for.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    See, when I hope or dream....it's just coming out of my head and heart. ;) when it's something I've herd from Glu, I make that clear. I really emember when
    Kim's birthday has occurred, something special has come our way. I'm thinking last year for her birthday.....was it 2nd babies? First baby came in June. I know that. When I get back to my laptop I'll see what happened last year. but it's always been special.

and yes, Glu did say they had something we asked for, and something they 'knew we'd love' coming up before the end of the year.... I'll find that post as well. But I know for a fact they scan these kind of 'hoping for' threads along with others to pick up honest feedback, and to see what we hope for.

Sweet!!!! I'm so excited!
  • Options
    Lol. Well I found the message I copied it verbatim and then I got pulled elsewhere to do something else, and it's not saved in my clipboard anymore. I have to go find it again ` basically it said that they're working hard to bring a special things by ye****nd I think. something we asked for and something they knew we'd like or love and we should keep posting our suggestions in the suggestion thread and online so that Kalinda and blue can see them now that's off the top my head let's go see how close I was be right back and I'm not going to lose it this time. :-) ooooh and not the same missive, but I remember we were told to keep dreaming big, because they're very committed to doing great things with the game in the coming years. But that was two separate instances. I'll be back
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    MegannitaMegannita Registered Users 284 Posts
    The babies' wardrobe is so limited. I want more baby hairstyles, clothing, costumes, everything!!! And more kash purchases too. I can't bear to spend 150 stars on one hairstyle. Ugh.
    You remind me of the babe...
  • Options
    What have they done for Kim's birthday in the past? I can't remember
  • Options
    What have they done for Kim's birthday in the past? I can't remember

Didn't we get a free party dress? I think.
  • Options
    Hey, is something wrong with us? We are usually hoping and talking about what we think/want/pray for in the next update the minute the last update is installed. Ok I'll start......I'm hoping for something great as far as wardrobe or customization is concerned. Hoping for a new hair color to be added across the board......the lighter than light Platinum blonde. i would love that to be rolled out as a new color for all our existing haircolors.

Or, wardrobe customization. I love how in KKG there is a tab for purchased items. How long do we all spend scrolling and scrolling trying to find what we want?

Will our babies be able to age up to toddler? I'd love to walk down the street with SammiJ, or Dante Kristopher, or Raphael Jagger9. I can deal with leaving one baby home and walking with the other. Either in a stroller, or on foot. It looks like the mechanics are feasible....we can walk our walkable pets...just saying.

Ok, that's my brain stuff for this topic. Who's next? What are you hoping for?

Oh, and I hope they update the achievements, finally. :D
  • Options
    JulesmoJulesmo Registered Users 640 Posts
    Megannita wrote: »
    Oh, and I hope they update the achievements, finally. :D

Me too! I love the shower of kash and kstars when they update them. I tell myself that the longer it takes for them to update the achievements, the better the reward :)
  • Options
    Raising the achievements would be awesome. Like Jules said, you open your game and it's a nice little surprise :) I especially wish they'd update like the dating one because I would love some more free clothing items.
  • Options
    Julesmo wrote: »
    Me too! I love the shower of kash and kstars when they update them. I tell myself that the longer it takes for them to update the achievements, the better the reward :)

I love your Zen attitude. I need people like you irl. LOL
  • Options
    Yeah updated achievements and baby clothes are always welcome!

Last year we had a MAJOR glitch around Kim's b'day! At least Androids for I can recall.

We got out of the game for 3 or 4 days, a true nightmare!

Because of that I missed Kim's gift!

Actually what happened was real complex, they rolled the patch and the weekend event was already going on for a while... I rushed to make sure I would complete the event, but right after opening the box they released another patch giving the gift... just for those who hadn't opened the box yet, ugh! What a bad timing!

I tried the customer care, but they just gave me stars... I'm still bitter about it 1 year later lol

That is the only 'earnable' that I don't have in my game:(
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!