General Complaints Thread

1545557596085

Comments

  • ChicCharlotteChicCharlotte Experienced Member Registered Users 568 Posts
    I wish Glu had made this a Throwback event rather than a SYS event with an amazing dress and HAIR given that this is an update week. We don't get the update at the same time. Kindle and Facebook users sometimes wait a day or two for their updates and this is a highly time sensitive event. Adding to the issue is the win or lose possibility once we finally get the update. I am going to be SO frustrated if I don't get that dress and hair.

    Save me, Glu! Update the Kindle pleeeeeeease!
    Began an iOS game and need friends!
    Also deleted old Facebook account. Please refriend me if you play iOS.
    https://facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009525168362
  • KaylaJKaylaJ Senior Member Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    We can keep this post and thread here. I want to assure you that we take your input seriously and review feedback on the forum closely. That includes the complaints that players post in the Hookah Den thread (http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?131253-Hookah-Den-for-smoking-and-smoldering-(complaints-and-frustration).

    The BIG THINGS that are coming soon to the game will really happen and I hope you will like them!

    I mentioned it just now in the update thread, but wanted to make sure you guys saw that I'm not thrilled with the changing of the watching videos for a Kstar. I have gotten energy from it about 3 times now and whenever the page opens to other offers, I've had my game freeze a few times. Please change that back.
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

    2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • hoodstar9hoodstar9 Experienced Member Registered Users, Banned Users 424 Posts

    Nov_15_Female_Fashion_Promo.jpg


    Nov_15_Rerun_Exclusive_Pack_9.jpg

    I was so tempted to re-purchase the Shop My Closet but then I was like why would I even bother when I am already giving these people $20 a month for energy and cash :mad: I have said it multiple times and I will keep saying it, for $20 a month I expect better prizes from these VIP boxes! I keep re-reading my response from customer support and I want to throw my phone against a wall. I am not and have not been in the mood to deal with any game problems whatsoever or nonsense storylines. After my exam today and then coming home to deal with two people, the last thing I want to put up with is a voting event and getting a "You Lost" message. However, for some reason, I decided to "attempt" to earn the dress and hair for my sim but why even bother when I lost ALL of my items twice in the same week. I am so sick of these Show Your Style Events and this pay to participate rule! For ONCE make stuff like this earnable!
  • SugarKSugarK Senior Member Registered Users 1,782 Posts
    So many people are having problems lately with the options to earn K-stars. I used to be able to watch 6 videos and earn 6 K-stars every 24 hours, like clockwork. Now that option "GET FREE STARS" (emphasis on the STARS) will either give one video or no videos, instead sending me straight to the "other offers" page ..... and if I do get to view a video it rewards 1 ENERGY BOLT and not 1 STAR as it used to.

    This is so disappointing, GLU, especially for players that cannot/do not purchase star packs. Please reconsider this and bring back the options to earn free stars. You have brought so many great features to the game lately, but this change really disappointed a lot of players :(
  • isabeauisabeau Senior Member Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    SugarK wrote: »
    So many people are having problems lately with the options to earn K-stars. I used to be able to watch 6 videos and earn 6 K-stars every 24 hours, like clockwork. Now that option "GET FREE STARS" (emphasis on the STARS) will either give one video or no videos, instead sending me straight to the "other offers" page ..... and if I do get to view a video it rewards 1 ENERGY BOLT and not 1 STAR as it used to.

    This is so disappointing, GLU, especially for players that cannot/do not purchase star packs. Please reconsider this and bring back the options to earn free stars. You have brought so many great features to the game lately, but this change really disappointed a lot of players :(

    Agree. But it's intentional, of course. Sometimes when I watch that elusive single video now I get absolutely nothing for it. Even hours later, as was happening. No star as the copy still promises. No $10. And not energy, either, which rates near zero anyway. We're Guinea pigs right now, too. So, since I'm not watching ads for free, I stopped looking for them. It's always in the forum that dolls collect anywhere from a few free stars to many--people have noted in the past how they've accumulated a few hundred stars, all free, and that means...a lot of people not paying. I guess Glu's looking for blood from a stone. Think how many stars a person could collect from the day of the update and through the whole BF sale. That's a lot of free half-price purchases for the player right there. There's also the matter of advertisers paying Glu for all that garbage on the offer wall, and the intentional diversion of the player right to that spot. Because even a fool wouldn't fall for all the b.s. there more than once or 2wice, at best. I'm not so stupid that I can be coerced into behaving like a schmu*k. Everything dolls say in the forum can and will be exploited. :(
  • SugarKSugarK Senior Member Registered Users 1,782 Posts
    If people want to spend their time watching several advertisements or completing surveys etc. in "other offers" to earn several stars, then that's up to them I guess. However, to say you can earn free stars by watching a video and then actually giving energy or cash, well that's not right, in my opinion.
  • isabeauisabeau Senior Member Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    SugarK wrote: »
    If people want to spend their time watching several advertisements or completing surveys etc. in "other offers" to earn several stars, then that's up to them I guess. However, to say you can earn free stars by watching a video and then actually giving energy or cash, well that's not right, in my opinion.

    Absolutely, Sugar, you're entirely right. Don't say you'll give people something--and specifying exactly what it is--and then not give it to them. And is it really going to drain the pocketbook giving everyone six K-stars a day? No, it is not. It's a gesture of goodwill; and when you take that away then all that's left is an unhappy player and flat out bad business. Give us the six videos for six k-stars back please and thank you.

    N.B. The couple of videos--three altogether--I found randomly on the "offer wall" over the past few days didn't give me any stars. None. (No. This doesn't lead me on to something else. I'm neither desperate nor panicked if I don't see what I expected. Smoking weed does *not* lead to hard drugs. You can keep all the info-seeking-tentacles offers, I don't want 'em.) The accompanying copy SAID that's what I would get. I got NOTHING. Wake me up when you come to your senses, Glu.
  • MegannitaMegannita Experienced Member Registered Users 284 Posts
    isabeau wrote: »
    Absolutely, Sugar, you're entirely right. Don't say you'll give people something--and specifying exactly what it is--and then not give it to them. And is it really going to drain the pocketbook giving everyone six K-stars a day? No, it is not. It's a gesture of goodwill; and when you take that away then all that's left is an unhappy player and flat out bad business. Give us the six videos for six k-stars back please and thank you.

    N.B. The couple of videos--three altogether--I found randomly on the "offer wall" over the past few days didn't give me any stars. None. (No. This doesn't lead me on to something else. I'm neither desperate nor panicked if I don't see what I expected. Smoking weed does *not* lead to hard drugs. You can keep all the info-seeking-tentacles offers, I don't want 'em.) The accompanying copy SAID that's what I would get. I got NOTHING. Wake me up when you come to your senses, Glu.

    Lori:
    Off-topic, but did you empty out your inbox a bit yet? I tried to send you a pm.
    You remind me of the babe...
  • isabeauisabeau Senior Member Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    Megannita wrote: »
    Lori:
    Off-topic, but did you empty out your inbox a bit yet? I tried to send you a pm.

    Oh! No! Lemme go delete something or other, then haveeee to go to sleep--but will see you in the a.m.!!!
  • Mimij13Mimij13 New Member Registered Users 17 Posts
    IF Y'ALL WANT TO MAKE A CHANGE BOYCOTT THE GAME! You can't complain about something and then continue to use it, that makes no sense. GLU is using the hell out of us because we are cash cows. At this point this game feels like abuse. They took away 5 earnable daily stars?!? We aren't even worth 5 stars GLU?! All of this to watch a avatar stand in place and put clothes on them. This game is boring at its core and I tolerated it because of you guys. The sense of community in the forum was nice. But I literally can't do the game anymore. Shoutout to y'all cause your tolerance for Glu's shenanigans is through the roof. Glu treats us bad and y'all still have loyalty to them?!? How?!?
    GC: itsmayasworld
    Add me!
  • isabeauisabeau Senior Member Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    Mimij13 wrote: »
    IF Y'ALL WANT TO MAKE A CHANGE BOYCOTT THE GAME! You can't complain about something and then continue to use it, that makes no sense. GLU is using the hell out of us because we are cash cows. At this point this game feels like abuse. They took away 5 earnable daily stars?!? We aren't even worth 5 stars GLU?! All of this to watch a avatar stand in place and put clothes on them. This game is boring at its core and I tolerated it because of you guys. The sense of community in the forum was nice. But I literally can't do the game anymore. Shoutout to y'all cause your tolerance for Glu's shenanigans is through the roof. Glu treats us bad and y'all still have loyalty to them?!? How?!?

    Yeah. I hear this.
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Community Moderator Moderators 28,624 Posts
    Hi MimiJ - not sure if you know this but iOS 10 did away with adding people through Game Center. Now you must add them through Facebook. Your signature still says Game Center.

    I really thought the storyline for this weekend was like one of those Monty Python skits where in the middle of things they pack it up and shut it down. On the plus side.....I wasn't coaxed into spending 7 Stars to get a better result. supacool.gif
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you see a problematic post please dm the link🌟
    💜Vats
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • SavagekkhSavagekkh Experienced Member Registered Users 569 Posts
    Yah telling us we can watch videos for stars and then giving us energy bolts is a cheap DIRTY bait and switch. Glu do you have no shame? You've come up with so many ways to try to scam more money out of players.

    And every forum complaint I make is ignored as they pretend they read our 'concerns'. I'm not 'concerned', I'm angry.

    I don't know any other apps that start out one way and then slowly take things away from you. You're dirty Glu.
  • ShayDevryShayDevry New Member Registered Users 2 Posts
    Most people complain about the same thing in this game for a loooong time. Like for closet organization—what the hell—is it okay to say hell? And reward decency in gift boxes (scr€w that 4000ka$h we don't pay real money for this yo), clothing items with a hefty price tag—UGH. Same thing goes with this "get k-stars for watching ads" thing that isn't even working well and requiring k-star items to enter SYS event. Why can't you require something purchasable with Ka$h? And many moooooore.
    Oh god. I'm losing patience. WE ARE LOSING PATIENCE, GLU. If you're really concerned about what satisfies your customers, then you must've tried dealing with these complaints already. We don't expect you to change everything in the wink of an eye (of course, duh) you can do this gradually. Just make us (customers) feel that you're really addressing our suggestions and complaints.

    Have a great day!
    Long time lurker
  • isabeauisabeau Senior Member Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    Please put back six videos for six k-stars. This is obnoxious already. People are p*i*s*s*e*d off.

    More: When i said i always watch a **third** video for a last daily gift box, it was for this reason: You kindly gave the option of a second box for watching a video. That was a show of goodwill. So i went one more for you, and me, and paid 10 stars to open a third box, in hopes of getting partnership cards. It was a case of **one hand washes the other, and both of them stuff the face.** You took away the video and went right to charging 15 stars to open a second box. This is a case of you now stuffing your own face. As soon as i saw what you did, i thought, "whoa! Not.Happening." who's the idiot now? Further, since you instituted that dumba$$ move, i see after i open my daily gb--that single one and no more, only once--once!--was there even a p card in the palettes. Thanks for the daily gb, everyone appreciates it. More than that, you can keep your second and third charged-for boxes. Why do you make such bad judgment calls? Why are your decisions so often so stupid? Do you sit around the conference table congratulating each other? Schmucks.
  • JulesmoJulesmo Advanced Member Registered Users 638 Posts
    Has this issue been addressed by Glu? Is it an acknowledged glitch? Because it's not happening to everyone and really should be fixed for those who are dealing with it.
  • ofortunaofortuna Experienced Member Registered Users 137 Posts
    Julesmo wrote: »
    Has this issue been addressed by Glu? Is it an acknowledged glitch? Because it's not happening to everyone and really should be fixed for those who are dealing with it.



    Every time I have contacted Glu for support with the freezing ads and not loading the kstar adds I always get the same response: "You need more memory / You have a bad internet connection"

    It's frustrating because my memory is fine and I'm always connected to the wifi and it's never given me trouble. I'm just sick of the generic responses because I know it's just not me dealing with the game freezing and lack of kstar ads.
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Community Moderator Moderators 28,624 Posts
    I made a post in the thread about videos, the exact energy vs stars thing picks up halfway through I think. But I did ask about this and will watch that thread. Sorry you're experiencing this, but try not o shout/scream your post. glu reads the threads. Nothing is missed.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you see a problematic post please dm the link🌟
    💜Vats
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • isabeauisabeau Senior Member Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    Julesmo wrote: »
    Has this issue been addressed by Glu? Is it an acknowledged glitch? Because it's not happening to everyone and really should be fixed for those who are dealing with it.

    I'm still immediately sent to the offer wall.

    Imo, this was not a glitch, but an overt attempt to see what would happen, and how much outcry there would be, over cheap, mean grabs at the players pocketbook; because there were a few too many changes with the update where star rewards were withdrawn and attempts to make people pay more stars for things were plunked in. Sometimes Glu really disgusts me.

    As for good news, because fair is fair, along with Maria's usual luxe-but-never-ever luxe goals offerings to me of "buy a painting here, buy a bust there"--all of my homes are fully furnished except in the very few cases where no, I don't want the ugly horsey paintings or brass horse rampant (or whatever the heck he is); "an artwork," she says; buy the telescope... No. Didn't want 'em before, don't want 'em now--but oh! the offer of a single oh-so-glorious star in return, oooooh a star! ONE star. How pathetic. Buy the cheap ugly top (because so sadly you didn't get *that* color in a daily gb) or the cheap ugly skirt--everything offering a generous <read spitting sarcasm> solo K-star. Late last night Maria finally, for the first time ever, offered me something good, desirable, *and* Luxe: the home in Rome. With 25 K-stars back. Yesssss! Grabbed it up. Bought all the kash as well as star furnishings; and happy with Luxe Goals at last. (See Glu? A GOOD offer. With a GOOD reward. Inspired me to spend. Offering me trash gets you nothing. And me? What do I care? I do not.) So yeah. Happy with Luxe Goals. *One* Luxe Goal at least. For now. Until the next time Maria tells me to buy the only thing unpurchased in the Paris suite, ugly painting on an easel. Everyone else seems to get some real, worthwhile, and *good* offers--did someone mention a pet? A pet Luxe Goal would be a great idea, and I'm pretty sure it's been done. Great offers for everyone, but not for me; never me. I didn't buy the Rome home to begin with because I just plain wasn't motivated to. And the ugly pieces of console furniture already there were...ugly. And I do not buy ugly. But the stuff I bought is really nice, so I can almost ignore the few nasty pieces set against the wall that were there to begin with. I also bought the sadly bizarre-looking dog thing. He's cute enough, but messing with his coat and paws--added nothing desirable. Let no home purchase pass without buying the pet. Even the freaky chameleon. The unnecessarily-ugly piggy. I love pigs. This one's a piglet; only piglets have curly tails. Did you really have to mar him with ugly, misshapen spots that way? No, you did not. Anyway. Are there more good offers for me down the pike? Who knows. But if so, I will buy. Please. *Do* encourage me to buy. If not, I couldn't care less.
  • SavagekkhSavagekkh Experienced Member Registered Users 569 Posts
    isabeau wrote: »
    Everyone else seems to get some real, worthwhile, and *good* offers--did someone mention a pet? A pet Luxe Goal would be a great idea, and I'm pretty sure it's been done.

    Yes there are pet luxe goals. I got one for the giraffe and the Paris dog. I hadn't bought them when new because they were vastly overpriced.

    That said, I'm not buying anymore pets because they are trending too expensive and I have enough. Glu is so greedy, they even ruined my excitement over pets. That used to be my favorite part of updates.

    Yknow Glu, all anyone here is asking for is the quality of game you started with and to be treated decently. We've been patient to see if things change for the better, given benefits of the doubt that things were glitches, but no, you're just trying to squeeze us for cash. If you want our money, offer quality. We ALL used to be happy players...and then you started taking things away and then just taking and taking.
  • isabeauisabeau Senior Member Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    DEAR GLU: PLEASE REINSTATE SIX DAILY VIDEOS FOR SIX DAILY K-STARS!!! Thank you.

    [IMG][/img]image_zpsqto2ajsp.jpeg
  • isabeauisabeau Senior Member Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    Savagekkh wrote: »
    Yes there are pet luxe goals. I got one for the giraffe and the Paris dog. I hadn't bought them when new because they were vastly overpriced.

    That said, I'm not buying anymore pets because they are trending too expensive and I have enough. Glu is so greedy, they even ruined my excitement over pets. That used to be my favorite part of updates.

    Yknow Glu, all anyone here is asking for is the quality of game you started with and to be treated decently. We've been patient to see if things change for the better, given benefits of the doubt that things were glitches, but no, you're just trying to squeeze us for cash. If you want our money, offer quality. We ALL used to be happy players...and then you started taking things away and then just taking and taking.

    "...to be treated decently." And how about being treated as *valued*? Wait, wait--VALUED. "We...used to be happy players...and then you started taking things away and then just taking and taking."

    BIG THINGS? BIG THINGS. And at what cost/losses to us? Can't wait to see. Because you just inspire soooo much trust. Who trusts you? C'mon, who trusts Glu! Lemme hear it loud and clear as we put out chunks of our money to buy star packs. C'mon! Kim needs to buy an island! Oh, right! Forgot! Kendall wants an island too! It must be true! In K&K she told me so! Or did Glu put Kim's words in Kendall's mouth? Because it was fun? Cute? Making fun of KKH forum members? Which was it? Two islands then, pleeze!

    Oh--the butt-sniffing Paris dog. Not a cute thing--what is that, a Weimaraner? I did buy that unfortunate-looking dog; but the giraffe, you're right, too much. So cute, but the price of cute....

    Wow, haven't roused rabble in a while. Better go be all normal and cook that corned beef now.
  • daffodildaffodil Experienced Member Registered Users 603 Posts
    You know when you're 3 runway shows from completing the last "xx gigs in a row" achievement and you kinda... forget that you started a 1 hour runway gig? So your 148th show is all for nothing and you have to start over on said achievement after working towards it FOR ALMOST A YEAR?

    Please tell me that has happened to someone else...?

    I'm so stupid!!!
    hackers can burn in hell
  • Evenstar __Evenstar __ New Member Registered Users 37 Posts
    The same thing actually happened to me too some weeks ago @daffodil... :(
    Seriously sucks!
    Add me on GC: -Evenstar-
  • isabeauisabeau Senior Member Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    daffodil wrote: »
    You know when you're 3 runway shows from completing the last "xx gigs in a row" achievement and you kinda... forget that you started a 1 hour runway gig? So your 148th show is all for nothing and you have to start over on said achievement after working towards it FOR ALMOST A YEAR?

    Please tell me that has happened to someone else...?

    I'm so stupid!!!

    Can I ask you, is when you look at your Achievements, the "meter" resets itself back to, like, say Model Citizen 5_____0% when it was up till then maybe Model Citizen 5____98%......? Is that how you know?
  • daffodildaffodil Experienced Member Registered Users 603 Posts
    isabeau wrote: »
    Can I ask you, is when you look at your Achievements, the "meter" resets itself back to, like, say Model Citizen 5_____0% when it was up till then maybe Model Citizen 5____98%......? Is that how you know?

    Yes... Also when i opened the game, it showed i had finished a 3 star runway gig :(

    Good news is, it was not the last achievement like i thought, it was the second to last. So i "only" lost 98 fashion shows, not 148 like i thought... But still... :(
    hackers can burn in hell
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Community Moderator Moderators 28,624 Posts
    Oh that has been happening to me. I think it's the lack if sleep. I came back to the game get the 3 star finish and4ask myself.....no howdidthathappen. Smdh
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you see a problematic post please dm the link🌟
    💜Vats
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • isabeauisabeau Senior Member Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    daffodil wrote: »
    Yes... Also when i opened the game, it showed i had finished a 3 star runway gig :(

    Good news is, it was not the last achievement like i thought, it was the second to last. So i "only" lost 98 fashion shows, not 148 like i thought... But still... :(

    Thank you, daffodil. I'm glad you lost fewer than you thought, but ouch that still hurts! I hate when that happens. Usually if I start a gig too late at night. Then I wake up in the morning with my face directly on top of my phone in the bed! Now I remember if it's too late, don't start!!!:)
  • MinjiMinji Experienced Member Registered Users 283 Posts
    STILL NO MIDWEEK EVENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I know it's something to do with the freakin cursed boxes because I still have every weekend event!!
  • PatyPaty Experienced Member Registered Users 195 Posts
    So funny to see how Glu works! In one week they make a SYS and we have to PAY for a item that we don´t even want in order to participate. The next week they "gift" us with a bunch of ordinary boxes and only ONE TB box. Would it hurt so bad to give us 4 TB boxes instead of only one? Or would it be so complicated to give us at least 2 boxes + 2 new items? Why not make things more enjoyable in this game? I have zero motivation to tap for energy and go on a lot of dates for only ONE freakin TB box. Not worth it, really.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.