Options

Twas the Monday B4 Christmas - Room for a Midweek?

kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
CP37.gif

T
was the Monday before Christmas and all through the place
Members were wondering about Tuesday
With Joy on their Face
Will we have a Midweek, and what could it be?
I don't know about you, but I'm filled with love and Glee.

CP02.gif
So, can we dare to think we might have a SYS event? 2 Glorious TBs as the first 2 prizes?
I have to be honest, after last weeks tap for 3 days for cash burned me out on those. so you know what I'm hoping for.
Peace and Love (and spoilers?) Peace and Love (and spoilers?) Peace and Love (and spoilers?)
Peace and Love (and spoilers?) Peace and Love (and spoilers?) Peace and Love (and spoilers?)

So, we've got it all right here in this post.
Cute little poem to start things off - check
Holiday graphic - check
Polite spoiler - check
Heartfelt wishes to eveyone who steps into the forum today and everyday - Check!

So, let's have fun with the puppy, as we wait politely with baited breath, for.....dare I say it? A mid week event that starts off with 2 tb prizes and ends with an outfit! There I said it.

OMG, you guys were going to let me start the thread without a little holiday music? Of course not. Let's fill the chat threads with Holiday music, graphics about your holiday customs and traditions, and in short.....let's kick off Pre Christmas Week with a bang.. Here's Ariana Grande for Last Christmas Unless I find a better vid in a few minutes. _
If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
πŸ¦‹Purple Headed β™Š+ πŸ₯₯ Chick Playing iOS & Android πŸ¦‹
I Am NOT a Glu Employee
🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
πŸ’œVats
πŸ’œ#VipKalinda
#RecollectionsMayVary
Prev13

Comments

• Options
    LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts
    Oooooh I really would like a Show Your Style event, we have not had one of those in a while!
    OMG I can't believe that this weekend is Christmas already!! I have so much to do at home, lol!!
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    Sil5678Sil5678 Registered Users 389 Posts
    After the last midweek where I basically tap all the event for the tb box and in return I won the green boa, I hope in a SYS too...
    Android Player

KKH level 52
    KKG level 27

Playing since the release
    Doll's name Sylvia
  • Options
    LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    This week I'd actually be up for a SYS event too. Just no party midweek again.
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
  • Options
    Kkh.IceSwanKkh.IceSwan Registered Users 29 Posts
    yea I'm also hoping for SYS event, less grind and we can get 2 throwback boxes and 2 new items.
  • Options
    KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    Aw, Ariana Grande is so cute! Pretty sure I took a selfie while wearing those silver Mickey ears LOL

Spoiler: we're having a 5-Heart Throwback Event this week.
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
  • Options
    Yay 5 Heart TB. So, we date for 600 points? AppleP has a new hubby, she'll be thrilled.

So, I'm imagining 3 boxes and then a TB at the end. Love is in the air.....can you smell it? I'd love to date my spouse at home, let them sit on the sofa while we decorate our houses...speaking of which did you all Check our Kim's Mansioin? 3 Christmas tappables for us. Energy, Energy Energy (mini chant) lol.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    πŸ’œVats
    πŸ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts
    Spoiler: we're having a 5-Heart Throwback Event this week.

Thank you Kalinda!!
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    haftimehaftime Registered Users 970 Posts
    Thank you for the spoiler, Kalinda! Right after Jose Fox broke up with Everly, she was asked out on a date by a new Jose, Jose Barnes. They've gone on a few dates, so I'm guessing by the end of the week he'll have asked her to marry him!

Here they are for a little Christmas shopping trip in Rome!

GF3ssof.jpg
    My doll's name is Everly Rook, I play on iOS, and I'm on FB at facebook.com/everly.rook.Β 
  • Options
    where are you finding cute NPCs? I'm on the lookout for one. Noah is good but...... I've changed his clothes, taken off shades and given him glasses, and I'm just not feeling it. Your guy is cute. If I ever see another Gavin Rossdale, I'm marrying him in an instant. Fabs looked like him for about a year, my doll felt like Gwen Stefani, then he changed his looks and we stayed together till the update lost him. sigh. SO....where do you go for cute NPCs?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    πŸ’œVats
    πŸ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Yeah about the cute NPCs... I do have one that was really good looking, he got a weird nose with the new update that doesn't really suit him but oh well.
    Do you guys pay attention to what level they're on (like only date A-listers) or do you just look for the cutest NPC?
  • Options
    soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    I just go for the cutest. I'm not sure if the higher levels really do anything. I found that the lower level ones were easier to impress and thus their comments are nicer. I know at one time to get access to the other Calabasas house you had to date an A-lister however mine was a firm B-lister when we met and I've always had access to "his" house.
  • Options
    I go for the cute ones, regardless of where they are on the list-- cuteness is too rare! My last E-lister did not have very nice things to say. He'd be like, "nice shirt-- it goes great with what i'm wearing." but my new guy, on the B-list, is saying nice things. Sounds like it might be random, since soundspretty found this to be different.

Does anyone know the benefit of them having houses? Is there a reason the Calabasas spouse house is better than the apartment by LAX?
    My doll's name is Everly Rook, I play on iOS, and I'm on FB at facebook.com/everly.rook.Β 
  • Options
    SapphoSappho Registered Users 284 Posts
    My doll's new girlfriend always says very nerdy things on dates. I like it. I think they just sort of have their own personality.
    I finally made my iOS doll a Facebook account so it's now possible to add me! :)
    Weird Al is life. <3
  • Options
    Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    Oh my! I definitely have to join in on this conversation. My original doll dumped Jack because he just recently have gotten a nose job and my doll ain't having that 😜. My other doll (her alter ego) told her to divorce him :D Pronto and I so wished that I could've changed his nose:rolleyes:.
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➑ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    haftime wrote: Β»
    I go for the cute ones, regardless of where they are on the list-- cuteness is too rare! My last E-lister did not have very nice things to say. He'd be like, "nice shirt-- it goes great with what i'm wearing." but my new guy, on the B-list, is saying nice things. Sounds like it might be random, since soundspretty found this to be different.

Does anyone know the benefit of them having houses? Is there a reason the Calabasas spouse house is better than the apartment by LAX?

You could be right. Maybe I just got lucky - I found a cute one who's also nice :)

The Calabasas house vs. LAX apartment is based on your spouse's level. When the game first came out they had to be A-list (possibly B-list also) for you to gain access to it. Otherwise you gained access to LAX apartment. There's no benefit - I think the insides are decorated differently but that's it.
  • Options
    When I had to reset my phone which also reset my game a loooong time ago I purposely restarted it over and over until I could find a suitable NPC to forever date. With the update he does have a nose mustache now but I'm getting used to it. I'm too attached to quit him.

His name is James O'Brien and he's an actor. An IRISH actor :p He was B-list when we met but he's dropped to a solid C-list so his backstory is that although he was once considered the next big thing, he passed over a starring role in a popular franchise in order to focus on his true love: theater. See? I've given too much thought to this.
  • Options
    I just want to mention, that Hanukah and Christmas both fall on Sunday, So, it's only right, that we also include
    Animated_Menorah.gif

Hanukah, the Festival of Lights
    in our celebration thread.

Now, I just have to check on the dates for Kwanza.
    In the meantime, it's only right, (I only bring him out on special occasions)

Let the Party begin. And what do we need at a party?

Holiday_Bar.jpg

A Holiday Midori Bar!

I'd love to know more about the other holidays. Joe had the Menorah, and a Kwanzaa Alter? I don't what the representation of the various foods, so..please feel free to share.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    πŸ’œVats
    πŸ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Everly and Jose had a great time doing some winter sports in Vail!

Kpojs1O.png?1

They only just started dating this weekend, but I imagine their love will blossom this midweek!
  • Options
    Syndra xSyndra x Registered Users 788 Posts
    Aww I just got divorced last weekend. 😩 This is...mean. JK. Haha
    ✨🌹 βœͺΒ πŸ’Ž πŸ’‹ 🌟 πŸŽ† ✩ πŸ’— β™›Β πŸ’–βœ¨πŸŒΉ βœͺΒ πŸ’Ž πŸ’‹ 🌟 πŸŽ† ✩ πŸ’— β™›Β πŸ’–
  • Options
    SavagekkhSavagekkh Registered Users 569 Posts
    My new husband is a guy who I previously had a work relationship with and always crushed on. Let's just say that even when I was married to my first husband, a little part of me felt that I'd married too hastily and I should've married this guy instead.

So I erased his memory and started him as a romantic partner. It started off great, but I don't know if it was just me looking through rose colored glasses or if his memory erasure destroyed his life.

As I progressed into the relationship, I realized that unlike husband number one who always had high praise for me, this guy has a deep depressive streak. He says things like 'Most things in this world suck, but that outfit isn't one of them.' and general other things about being in a dark place.

It's honestly starting to bring me down. Like bro, I have enough issues of my own, I need simeone who can at least stuff down their angst when I'm shelling out thousands of dollars at Oak.

But I don't love the idea of having two failed marriages under my belt and there are no NPC guys that are attractive.

I'm also getting pretty frustrated that I date him every night and still get the message asking 'Has anyone seen ___ and ____ lately?' and deducts fans, leaving me at #22.
  • Options
    I'm also getting pretty frustrated that I date him every night and still get the message asking 'Has anyone seen ___ and ____ lately?' and deducts fans, leaving me at #22.

Omg, that happens so much lately! The last dating event, I went on like 30 dates in one day, still got the message. It happens right after dates too, really annoying.
  • Options
    RichardovelleeRichardovellee Registered Users 2 Posts
    Many thanks for another great report - love the photos. Look forward to meeting up next week
  • Options
    Lii wrote: Β»
    Omg, that happens so much lately! The last dating event, I went on like 30 dates in one day, still got the message. It happens right after dates too, really annoying.

I feel like the dating requirement has become more rigorous? The last dating event I got to #12 on Top Couples but then the party week destroyed that so I've been dating non-stop in hopes to get to #1. I dated between event gigs this weekend yet any break I took (sleeping or doing an event gig) I'd get the popup losing fans or a request for a date. Seriously?
  • Options
    ldavis1636ldavis1636 Registered Users 286 Posts
    I feel like the dating requirement has become more rigorous? The last dating event I got to #12 on Top Couples but then the party week destroyed that so I've been dating non-stop in hopes to get to #1. I dated between event gigs this weekend yet any break I took (sleeping or doing an event gig) I'd get the popup losing fans or a request for a date. Seriously?
    At the beginning of the last dating event i was number 2 with my husband. After almost 3 days of nonstop dating I ended up still in 2nd. Then out of frustration I did not play the game for maybe 2 and a half days and came back to see me and my hubby were number 15. Frustrated, I forgot to take him on a date that day and by the next morning we were divorced. Ugh so frustrating.
    Hey, I'm Laura!

iOS player, would love to add any of you on Facebook!
  • Options
    ElspethElspeth Registered Users 86 Posts
    I'm still working my way through storyline quests and found that dating someone steadily really slows progress down as they're just so needy! I got married early on but got divorced when it became too much work. Now for dating events I just pick a cute-ish NPC date them for the weekend and then break up. I've got my eye on a couple of prospects for marriage when I've finished the storylines and have the time but for now it's love 'em and leave 'em.
    ****I play on ios****
  • Options
    Good morning and Happy Tappy everyone. :) I've already killed an 8 hour in the Oak, I know, I should do smaller ones, but give me my **** points in a nice chunk. Do we know about prize point levels? First is 25, if it goes up to 600 I can't. Last dating weekend, a) we had bonus points to help and b) my first 3 prizes were all cash in 2 games, and cash and energy in the 3rd game. For dating it costs about 30K to do it comfortably in Oak, If the first 2 prizes are 1000$ each which they're not, and 4000 for the third, it's cost me say 15K to win 6. So, i'm only playing with one game this event. They'll all comfortably date, but there will be a designated grinder, after the huge jump in housing prices, well some of my dolls are eating ramen behind the walls of their many luxurious homes. (If it has been a party event, they probably would have served pringles and onion dip, as opposed to the Lavish catered affairs they had been throwing. lol. Maybe instead of petitioning to 'remove' the cash gift of 4K.....we should petition to up it. I just did a 45 energy, 3 hour gig for ........125$. if I'm making 125$ for a 3 hour film, what kind of films AM I making in india? Maybe we should be asking to bump the 4000$ by the same inflation that made 50K dollar homes jump to 160K. Just saying. Ok, me go tap some more now. 4 more points to a prize.......no what do you guys think I'll get? Lol.

Edited to Add: Ooops, I think my 4 letter word was Damm, otherwise if it were my other adjective, it would have been ****ing lol.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    πŸ’œVats
    πŸ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    ZoyechkaZoyechka Registered Users 1,187 Posts
    My new husband is a guy who I previously had a work relationship with and always crushed on. Let's just say that even when I was married to my first husband, a little part of me felt that I'd married too hastily and I should've married this guy instead.

So I erased his memory and started him as a romantic partner. It started off great, but I don't know if it was just me looking through rose colored glasses or if his memory erasure destroyed his life.

As I progressed into the relationship, I realized that unlike husband number one who always had high praise for me, this guy has a deep depressive streak. He says things like 'Most things in this world suck, but that outfit isn't one of them.' and general other things about being in a dark place.

It's honestly starting to bring me down. Like bro, I have enough issues of my own, I need simeone who can at least stuff down their angst when I'm shelling out thousands of dollars at Oak.

But I don't love the idea of having two failed marriages under my belt and there are no NPC guys that are attractive.

Girl, I'd rather have that than what my NPC hubby mouths off before our date starts "Your outfit reminds me of a beautiful sonnet I wrote."

I mean really? I need an emo guy with a bad boy edge. I feel like I'm dating Andy Cohen when I really want Liam Hemsworth. Seriously, I want to reset my game just to get a hot NPC but I can't go there because I don't want to lose everything once I reset.
    GC: ZoΓ« Strange
  • Options
    Do we know about prize point levels? First is 25, if it goes up to 600 I can't.

Second is 150 so the 600 seems likely. Did we get a shorter event too? I woke up at 4 this morning and the timer was 2 days, 6 hours. I know that's the time for SYS events but I thought midweeks we got longer: 2 days, 15 hours?
  • Options
    Not sure. Encouraging, I got energy instead of cash for my first boxes. I did however take screenshots of the different available prizes in my game, and I might ask Customer Care why none of these items show up in my palettes. Makes no sense that the same pair of earrings are the one item in the palette over and over when there IS an item, but none of the others. Would it kill them to put 2 in a palette for me? lol.

Off to the store, I'll probably make it to the 2nd oboxes on the Androids, then stop. I have Christmas to make happen. I can't be tapping and spending my cash for lower amounts of cash....and yeah, even for energy. No fun. I'm afraid that we've seen our last SYS. Just a bad feeling that we'll have another 5something grinder next midweek, and then after the new year, we'll see the new Who wore it better. I do NOT want to play against my friends. ANd I don't want to start thinking of some members as friends, and some as foes in the game. But, nvr say nvr. I just know I think I'll earn during this event. Do the Fashion, do the ice club, do london, I'll make cash and stars instead of spending cash. I still haven't bought Vail, the club or the Gym. my games are hemoraging money. I've stopped tapping out energy at Kardash Soho every night. Could that really be making a difference? Hmmm. Anyway....date date date dolls. AppleP is doing ok, but she is watching her penneys at oak, I'm spending less cash and more energy there. That should work out. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    πŸ’œVats
    πŸ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    mocastilhomocastilho Registered Users 120 Posts
    Didn't get the event, again... :(