Options

Happy Birthday North- Weekend Event 6/15/2017

Comments

• Options
    ElspethElspeth Registered Users 86 Posts
    Hmm, a bit of a mixed bag for me this weekend. I love the earnable shoes and the giftbox top and hair. I'm really into the shorter hairstyles at the moment so this would be a great addition. Let's get this party started!
    ****I play on ios****
  • Options
    LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts
    Hmm. Looks like I'll be chasing the monkey this weekend. Hmmm. Chasing the monkey. I have a new phrase for when I really really want a gb item.

Hahaha, I'm definately going to use that phrase too!!
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    astrayastray Registered Users 1,538 Posts
    You're not a loser Savage so please get those thoughts about yourself out of your head. You're just like the majority of us not willing to spend loads of money on the VIP subscription until they actually give us a really good reason to do so.
  • Options
    What time does this event begin, again?
  • Options
    astray wrote: »
    What time does this event begin, again?
    It begins in 30 minutes, Astray!
    Savagekkh wrote: »
    But I'm just a loser who can't pay 50 bucks a month to play this game, so what do they care.
    No no no, please don't say that, Savage! 50 dollars is just too much for most players to spend on a game, so you are not alone! And there are no losers here, just diva's who are awesome!
    Linda

#KKH4Life
  • Options
    ElspethElspeth Registered Users 86 Posts
    I'm feeling a bit smug this morning as I started an 8 hour party before I came to work and so as soon as the event starts I can finish that and give myself a head start. I'm not usually so organised!
    ****I play on ios****
  • Options
    RumpelstilzchenRumpelstilzchen Registered Users 1,599 Posts
    Hmm. Looks like I'll be chasing the monkey this weekend. Hmmm. Chasing the monkey. I have a new phrase for when I really really want a gb item.

Chasing the monkey. Lol 😁 Genius!
    Android
  • Options
    Oh wow, 50 points for the first box is a lot when throwing parties...
    And of course I could not control myself, so I opened boxes...

IMG_2677.jpg

NO MONKEY!!

Well let's just hope that when I get my free box the monkey will be in the pallette!!
    Linda

#KKH4Life
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Ok do I overslept. Lol and j totally forgot about the 8 hour early start on the parties. But hey, there's an extra day. Happy Birthday North.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    OMG! This event is so cute! Thanks Glu!

Aside GB's shady shades, I love everything else! Earnable toucan <3

I bought one GB and voilà, got the Monkey!!!!! Simple as that! Can't believe it!

Unfortunately my free box sucked, I really wanted the tropical print shirt, love how colorful it is, so I chose the same box that it popped up in the previous set, but it wasn't there... end up with 30 bonus points! Blergh!

Ok, off to enjoy the holiday! Hope everyone gets lucky and have a good event!

Oh and of course...

Happy Birthday dear North!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    YES!!! Just hit my free box and got the monkey!!! Also decided to try for the top, but stopped after getting energy...
    But yay for getting the monkey!!

IMG_2678.jpg

Aw just look how cute he is....

IMG_2679.jpg
    Linda

#KKH4Life
  • Options
    Have a wonderful time, and thrilled that Vats and Kat both got their monkeys. I got my monkey in my first box too. What are you naming your monkey Vats?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Congrats Vatsy and Linda, love how you took a pic with the toucan too haha! Oh Vatsy I checked and our outfits kinda match :p

I said I must have the monkey, so I did.

The richest monkey in the world lmao

8fnit3S.gif

Here's me and Money. Yes I named him that. So cute.

MT8gwnx.jpg
    PM to add
  • Options
    AvakkgAvakkg Registered Users 112 Posts
    That monkey is so cute!!! At least kkh game is making me happy again :D
    KKG - KKH - NM: The Empire
    Instagram
  • Options
    soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    $4k in my GB and the monkey wasn't even in my palette :'(
  • Options
    AngelaLaurenAngelaLauren Registered Users 714 Posts
    I can't even stand to look st the monkey because it's so cute and I know I'm not gonna get it. I'm just gonna make myself sad. :(
  • Options
    I spent the mornong chasing. Once the monkey was in the first box i picked. Others.......chasing the monkey. I am not crazy about the bkack and white skirt with the colorful tie top, so i'm trying to make a great outfit with the skirt and a different top. I'm having so much fun with the event. The toucan is adorable. I wish we had a perch where our bird could hang put in a home when they're not on our shoulders. Oh, like that greenhouse room I put in suggestionsc0c86f79da623d525675e0546ec2a2ae.jpg
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    I'm the same, Angela :( I tried so many boxes and wasn't able to get the monkey either *sobs* If I was ever going to chase an item it would have been this little guy, but I learned long ago that chasing an item is a pointless waste of my real money, which I really can't afford :( I'm wishful that it would be in a future throwback event, but I have my doubts about it. Made me lose my desire to even finish the event, and on Day 1 that doesn't bode well for the weekend :(
  • Options
    SugarK wrote: »
    I'm the same, Angela :( I tried so many boxes and wasn't able to get the monkey either *sobs* If I was ever going to chase an item it would have been this little guy, but I learned long ago that chasing an item is a pointless waste of my real money, which I really can't afford :( I'm wishful that it would be in a future throwback event, but I have my doubts about it. Made me lose my desire to even finish the event, and on Day 1 that doesn't bode well for the weekend :(

Yeah. I definitely agree SugarK. I thought about chasing it but I know it'll just be a waste of my k-stars that I could use for a future VIP event. And I should forget about the tb boxes. I'm so far into the game I'll probably never see the monkey besides this event. Oh well. :(
  • Options
    haftimehaftime Registered Users 970 Posts
    this palette is brutal!muw5vHl.png?1Only two items!? And not a monkey to be seen. I'm pretty disgusted, Glu. The first palette should have AT LEAST three items in it, if not all four!
    My doll's name is Everly Rook, I play on iOS, and I'm on FB at facebook.com/everly.rook. 
  • Options
    I think all event items should be in a GB palette and it's ridiculous that they're not. Include the 4 items and do the event points/energy as fillers. Cash shouldn't even be an option.
  • Options
    KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    twitter_6.6_wild_party_weekend_promo.jpg
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
  • Options
    haftimehaftime Registered Users 970 Posts
    That is a really cute edit, Kalinda! It is nice to see the dolls in different poses and actually interacting.Meanwhile, I went for another GB, determined to get the hair, top, or monkey (since of course I opened the skirt, which I like, but least of the 4 options). Here was my pallette:Czq7Epo.png?2I'm glad I stopped after the hair, because if I'd opened one more I would have gotten kash!
    My doll's name is Everly Rook, I play on iOS, and I'm on FB at facebook.com/everly.rook. 
  • Options
    I've gotten some good palettes and some bad palettes. I'm sorry they're being unkind to some of you. It took about 500 points on one game to get all 4 items. And had the 4th not been in a box I picked along with the third....I wouldn't have tried for the last item....the monkey. I told myself one more box.....I got the hair, then the next box (I know) was 40 Stars. So......I had to turn over the stars into the 3rd box.....under the third box....the monkey. If you go chasing him, be in a very comfy place, put your mind in a good place, let your fingers dance over the boxes like you were playing a keyboard ever so slightly till one touches down...and boom there's your prize. Frame of mind when chasing is always a necessity. If you're upset, angry, frustrated....your boxes will most likely reflect that. *imagine a little chime of finger cymbals accenting this little piece of zen logic.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    Savagekkh wrote: »
    It has become apparent to me that the design team is putting their talent and effort into the VIP section. Those clothes are the level we used to get.

Now regular players get junk that's drawn up by interns or something, possibly grandma MJ since half the stuff looks like it's made for 70 year olds who overindulge on medicinal gummi edibles.

I remember when the clothes were great every week. Now more than not, I'm playing defensively so that I don't get the items later in TB boxes.

It makes me sad. It's a chore. But I'm just a loser who can't pay 50 bucks a month to play this game, so what do they care.

Savage. Doll. You are so *NOT* a loser. And I have to say you are always, always one of my most favorite people here. More, you're never afraid to say exactly what you think, stand by it always, and faking positivity is not even the tiniest trait within you. You sugar-coat *nothing*. Your personality is bomb. You have so many dead-on comments and observations, I can't help but find I am always in total and complete agreement with you. I'm really so glad you're here, and I both appreciate and value you and your honesty very much. You don't take any $h*t, are unwilling to back down from your standards, which happen to be the exact same as KKH's is supposed to be--and has largely been despite some shaky ground maybe a little too often--and which for the most part Glu has largely aspired to. But the muck-ups can in fact be just too extreme. Which is obviously not good for neither the game nor the player. More, in keeping truthfully and validly to exactly what this game is supposed to be, you refuse to oh-so-cheerfully blow things off by pretending to be excessively and unwarrantedly happy with the state of this or that, and justifiably so; you never fake a thing, never act just so freaking jolly, never insist you'll so very gleefully make lemonade out of the most rotten, rancid, and moldy lemons thrown in our faces. The "big picture" is always in your view. "...loser..."?? No. Most absolutely, very definitely *not*.

It must be said here that almost 100% of the time, and especially when urgent, of course, Glu does very seriously and sincerely pull out all the stops and 98% of that time succeeds in "fixing," or they've attempted to fix, various things that have gone awry. But *not* the event clothes; not an illustrator who can't do the job well, and by "well" this means as perfectly perfect as possible. Look in your wardrobe. The fabulousness is there. Well, mostly. When this happens, and it's been off and on for nearly two years, you have to wonder, just what the heck is going on here? And they have had absolutely SPECTACULAR artists. So yeah. What. The. Heck.?? More still: They consciously and intentionally IGNORE. For example, they do not. NEVER, *EVER*, do such a thing as, "HEY, GLU! Spend some pennies and GET A PROOFREADER ALREADY!" This just BOGGLES THE MIND, over and over and over again. It's EMBARRASSING. Can Glu REALLY be an entire company full of the UNEDUCATED and ILLITERATE!? (excluding E&B and Kalinda, actually) I have, as I've mentioned, so many screenshots of ignorance or just plain carelessness. "Burken" bag? Are you KIDDING me?! BURKEN?? This is a game based on FASHION! This handbag is a decades-long, world-famous, coveted-by-way-too-many-enamored-people of, and not of, some type of fame or other, that scads of them have to get on a waiting list to buy. If you didn't know, it's named after the back-when popular supermodel (though *not* a term of the 1960s and 1970s) Jane Birkin. BIRKIN. It is, as you likely know, the international "sensation" (why??) Hermes BIRKIN bag. Glu! What is wrong with you?! A huge percent of all-Glu is infinitely commendable. The game is indeed all that and a monthly NYC MetroCard. And the rest? W.T.H.??
  • Options
    Ok I don't know what you're referencing with the "Burken" comment, was it something in game like a character mentioned it in a storyline? I'm just curious if stuff like that isn't a mistake but rather is on purpose so they don't get socked with an infringement suit for brands the game isn't affiliated with. Like how on TV shows characters use stuff that looks suspiciously like Google and FB but they don't call it that or show any of the logos because then they'd have to pay up.

I'm seriously debating if I want to open another box. Every time the event window opens I get so p-ed off because I NEED THAT MONKEY
  • Options
    HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    I really want the monkey but this is the kind of pallet I'm getting in both games and have this terrible "luck" too.
    Sooooooo frustrating.

31BEB30D-3E8A-4FAF-A144-53F5616EBAB2_zpskkqjg7hu.jpg
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • Options
    Well I followed Linda's pallette quite frankly I wasn't expecting to get any event items in Xee's boxes so I just tapped anything and look what was in the box! :o
    Screenshot_2017-06-15-19-34-28_zpsoz62qn6s.png
  • Options
    Got the hair in my free box! It's so cute and just my style! I opened another box and got... 50 energy. Just what I was afraid of. :(

0DE22E13-A110-4CAB-B02D-1B9A272E54E6.jpg
  • Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Free box was kstars, thought Jax was lucky but nope, nope.

9eTJBIM.png

I can't believe 6 boxes and won 0 items!

CQO5Lf9.png

Thankfully won the monkey, and will stop. I paid 160kstars for the monkey, but that's way lesser than what Xan paid for Money (her pet monkey lol). I have yet to think of a name for Jax's monkey.

42mE2Ka.png
    PM to add