Options

Happy Birthday North- Weekend Event 6/15/2017

Comments

• Options
    iTeddyiTeddy Registered Users 59 Posts
    After 20 boxes I finally got the monkey, and on the way there everything else :)

IMG_1015.jpg

Edit:
    Excitement apart, DO NOT FOLLOW MY EXAMPLE, I have only chase two items in this game, the monkey and a hairstyle (which I lost when my game didn't save to my new phone) For the hairstyle I didnt had the money to pay for what I spent trying to get it, this time since I have a full time job im able to pay for it, but still you will feel regret of spending so much money for one item (60$ each in my case). I am happy with the monkey and I dont regret chasing it, I regret being so impulsive. I'm not trying to tell you how to spend your money, but please think if you seriously want an item, since once you start opening boxes you cant get your money back.
  • Options
    webrawebra Registered Users 656 Posts
    Savagekkh wrote: »
    It has become apparent to me that the design team is putting their talent and effort into the VIP section. Those clothes are the level we used to get.

Now regular players get junk that's drawn up by interns or something, possibly grandma MJ since half the stuff looks like it's made for 70 year olds who overindulge on medicinal gummi edibles.

I remember when the clothes were great every week. Now more than not, I'm playing defensively so that I don't get the items later in TB boxes.

It makes me sad. It's a chore. But I'm just a loser who can't pay 50 bucks a month to play this game, so what do they care.

So I'm confused. I thought that the VIP items are only exclusive for a short time, and then everybody has access to them. Is this incorrect?
    iOS.  A+++   Since 2015
  • Options
    astrayastray Registered Users 1,538 Posts
    webra wrote: »
    So I'm confused. I thought that the VIP items are only exclusive for a short time, and then everybody has access to them. Is this incorrect?
    You're actually correct Webra, they also go back to their original pricing (money wise or kstars) once they're available to everyone. :)
  • Options
    SavagekkhSavagekkh Registered Users 569 Posts
    Thanks to those of you who said I'm not a loser. I was having a little hormonal moment last night.

The fact remains that I don't have 50 dollars a month to devote to a video game, and if I did, I don't perceive the value to be there anyway.

I don't always want to be negative but it is disappointing that the design team is putting out poor product and the game is more content in providing good content only where they can make players spend spend spend. Whether that is with VIP items or gift boxes whose odds get harder at Glu's whim.

As Isabeau said, standards and practices are not matching up to the Kardashian brand. As much as I say this, I don't feel like Glu cares. Simply, this should be a game about fame and fashion, enjoyable whether you can afford to spend loads or not.

In case Glu is listening, fashion:

-no soccer mom clothes

-no cameltoes

-no orthopedic sandals

-quality design
  • Options
    DramaDramaDramaDramaDramaDrama Registered Users 672 Posts
    Sadly I still can't pics to the forum I dont know why it's not working! I won the monkey in the second box I opened! I still want the pink top but to afraid to chase it!

Has anyone won it what do you think?
  • Options
    trevoractortrevoractor Registered Users 1,114 Posts
    So jealous of everyone who got the monkey in their gift boxes. I have yet to decide if I am going to chase it or not. Here is how my free box looked:
    IMG_4881_zpsedqyjb9c.jpeg
    A+++ Lister // GameCenter: TrevorActor :cool:
  • Options
    webra wrote: »

The VIP partnerships and storylines have exclusive clothing and hairstyles you can never get unless you sign up.

I accept this, but it seems to me the design team is focusing all their good designers on VIP items, which are far FAR superior to what we are getting in earnables. I think regular items are suffering because of the deviation of talent and noticeably have gone downhill.
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Sadly I still can't pics to the forum I dont know why it's not working! I won the monkey in the second box I opened! I still want the pink top but to afraid to chase it! Has anyone won it what do you think?
    As far as posting images, i'm hoping our text customization gets back to normai, and that includes, pictures, bullet lists, quoting takes forever. But tne website people know about this. If you want put the url of your image starting with http...and ending in .jpg or .gif between these tags [IMG][/IMG] COMPLETE WITH BRACKETS. Did not mean to shout...ooops. good luck i know a lot of players aren't posting the pics here because of that.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Drama the pink top is cute, but not something I would risk loosing lots of kstars for. The monkey is precious, so I aimed for it and never looked back. You got it, I actually vote for you to save your kstars, but it's your decision afterall!

trevor both my dolls couldn't live without the monkey. But I felt that the odds were increasingly difficult this time (suspicious) so... are you kstar-ready? Good luck!

About posting pictures, if you use imgur, then you only need to copy the BBCode link and paste it here, very simple. Hope the forum goes back to how it was ASAP.
    PM to add
  • Options
    I literally just blew through 280 ****ing kstars JUST to end up with these ****ty palettes, NOT one god**** event item in the boxes I picked was so annoyed that I didn't bother to even screenshot the second GB's items, I don't even care for the guy's items I ONLY wanted them so that it can give me more points during parties. I'm NOT spending any more kstars or real money for them just to be tricked. GLU you're pretty **** shady asf for this ****. A complete waste of kstars and £9.99. I am not even into this event as much as I was in the beginning, without bonus points, spending real money on kstars,or babysitting the game the events on here are almost impossible to finish. I'm pretty annoyed with GLU atm. :mad:
    Screenshot_2017-06-15-15-00-29_zps79drjify.pngScreenshot_2017-06-15-15-01-38_zpsuwh9j8r5.pngScreenshot_2017-06-15-15-47-25_zps62kox6am.pngScreenshot_2017-06-15-15-52-29_zpsqmviv3tx.pngScreenshot_2017-06-15-15-49-05_zps46tnb69c.png
  • Options
    Wow. Those were some unlucky picks. I think a number of us take a diff strategy. It looks like you take one box per palette. Have you tried buying 3 boxes from one palette? By taking 3 boxes out of 8, chances are good you would have hit a bonus item or two with that many boxes. I'm not trying to tell you how to play, I'm just offering advice that has worked for me in completing events. But I would be very discouraged too. I'm sorry.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    haftimehaftime Registered Users 970 Posts
    Got the hair in my free box! It's so cute and just my style! I opened another box and got... 50 energy. Just what I was afraid of. :(0DE22E13-A110-4CAB-B02D-1B9A272E54E6.jpg
    I just had to tell you, AngelaLauren, that your doll looks so cute! The GB hair really suits her. congrats! :)
    My doll's name is Everly Rook, I play on iOS, and I'm on FB at facebook.com/everly.rook. 
  • Options
    AngelaLaurenAngelaLauren Registered Users 714 Posts
    haftime wrote: »
    I just had to tell you, AngelaLauren, that your doll looks so cute! The GB hair really suits her. congrats! :)

Thank you so much haftime! Out of all the gb items, this was my favorite (besides the monkey of course)! I'm so glad my doll won it. :)
  • Options
    Wow. Those were some unlucky picks. I think a number of us take a diff strategy. It looks like you take one box per palette. Have you tried buying 3 boxes from one palette? By taking 3 boxes out of 8, chances are good you would have hit a bonus item or two with that many boxes. I'm not trying to tell you how to play, I'm just offering advice that has worked for me in completing events. But I would be very discouraged too. I'm sorry.
    Well I ran out of Kstars and purchased more (£9.99) that's why I didn't do what you suggested i usually do that but I was so annoyed with them and this game by then that I wasn't fully thinking. My aunt is gonna probably kill me for spending money on this game.
  • Options
    Thanks KOKO for the tip I'm gonna try that next!

Oh no Astray that is so unlucky I said it once Il say it again I don't think energy should be in the boxes you pay Kstars for its madness!
  • Options
    Believe me, I' ve been on the losing end of a streak more than once, and the harest thing to do after a loss, is to walk away. We instinctively think the next has to be better. It is hard to cut our losses when we think the winner has to be the next one. But don't beat yourself up over it. I think it's in our DNA or something. Sending good vibes your way.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    I am cutting my losses not spending more money just to end up being disappointed again, I've stopped playing the event and went to doing the quest for North's birthday.
  • Options
    This is Summer with her little Monkey friendIMG_2839.jpg
  • Options
    At least Xoëy got the monkey although she would've been OK with receiving the hair or 30 event points. :)
    KKH_Screenshot_1497564202995_zpsql127ig8.jpg
  • Options
    So does this mean we don't have to actually throw parties or is this particular quest the only quest we received event points on because it's a quest about North's birthday? :confused:
    Screenshot_2017-06-15-19-00-37_zps1tqxttl8.png
  • Options
    AngelaLaurenAngelaLauren Registered Users 714 Posts
    astray wrote: »
    So does this mean we don't have to actually throw parties or is this particular quest the only quest we received event points on because it's a quest about North's birthday? :confused:
    Screenshot_2017-06-15-19-00-37_zps1tqxttl8.png

I'd actually like to know this as well!
  • Options
    Being one the weekend's Event Storyline gigs, it and the others pay off with event points and bonus points. And usually, there is an extra payout in event points after the last in the storyline this weekend. Other tasks should not be giving out event points, just parties and Event gigs.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    Savagekkh wrote: »
    The VIP partnerships and storylines have exclusive clothing and hairstyles you can never get unless you sign up.

I accept this, but it seems to me the design team is focusing all their good designers on VIP items, which are far FAR superior to what we are getting in earnables. I think regular items are suffering because of the deviation of talent and noticeably have gone downhill.

This is incorrect. VIP items are released into the regular wardrobe two months after they first appear as VIP. They end up available to *everyone*, beautiful or not. And plenty enough are not. Some are outright...just...$h*t. Anyway, if you're like me, you've been finding lots of random things we've never seen before, that Glu seems to not bother showing us/yellow-tagging in the wardrobe when they're new. Last update too consumed with only showing outrageously priced new Balmain, because so many people literally kept begging for it they thought, hey! Ninety stars for EVERYTHING! They're DYING for it! THEY'LL PAY!!! Too many people don't know how to "keep their cards close to their chest" and expect Glu to play cricket. Sure, everyone should say what they'd like, absolutely. But carrying on to excess only gives people ideas. Bad ideas. And they will look to take advantage of you in any way they can. Meanwhile, latest reports are everyone at Glu has been tripping heavily for months.
  • Options
    isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    I'd actually like to know this as well!

No, there are more gigs, of course there are. After I left my totally stripped-down store (wth???), AFTER isabeau and Kim LEARNED HOW TO MAKE A BRAID?! Is this whole storyline going to be terminally stupid?!?! Kim called and asked me to check out the animals for North's party, in the typical five or six hours. No idea anymore, it's no longer worth paying that kind of attention to. Stupid. Boring. Have I said stupid at least three times yet? Anyway, how will you earn event points toward the earnables if you don't do the parties? And the gigs? Am I missing something here?

A couple weekends ago with the empty makeup boxes was hilarious. And something else recently was pretty good, but oops, the storylines have for the most part been so pathetic they're completely unmemorable. Glu doesn't care; why should I?

Today is North's birthday. So ok, the event started today. I'm already a little into earning that hideous jumpsuit, soooo...then what? Something? Anything? Nothing?
  • Options
    Syndra xSyndra x Registered Users 788 Posts
    Not to be a debbie downer but

I'm heartbroken. I wasted kstars for opening boxes only to find out that there's only 2 GB items in the palette. I just don't understand why GLU doesn't include all GB items in the palette. It's just so unfair. It's just one of the reasons that makes me lose interest in playing this game.

But I'm still holding on to the thought that maybe someday GLU will be more generous to the players. :(
    ✨🌹 ✪ 💎 💋 🌟 🎆 ✩ 💗 ♛ 💖✨🌹 ✪ 💎 💋 🌟 🎆 ✩ 💗 ♛ 💖
  • Options
    isabeau wrote: »
    This is incorrect. VIP items are released into the regular wardrobe two months after they first appear as VIP. They end up available to *everyone*, beautiful or not. And plenty enough are not. Some are outright...just...$h*t. Anyway, if you're like me, you've been finding lots of random things we've never seen before, that Glu seems to not bother showing us/yellow-tagging in the wardrobe when they're new.

Oh I know. I meant there are VIP partnership tiles that win you clothing and hair. I'm pretty sure regular players don't get those later. There are also VIP storylines where Kim gives you clothes for completing them.

Honestly the only VIP closet items I wanted were some shoes. They haven't been that great. There is a fantastic looking VIP partnership dress for Konigsliche and hair I covet for Blue Mist Spa (on the VIP trial banner). Even kinda want the dress for Club Tulip that looks like a sexy tulip.
  • Options
    ElspethElspeth Registered Users 86 Posts
    I decided to use some of my carefully hoarded K-stars and ended up with kash, energy, more kash and finally the skirt. Definitely not what I was hoping for and now I'm down to 8 stars so I'm hoping there aren't any VIP events any time soon. I should have stuck to my policy of only opening the free box and saving my stars for things in the closet I really want.
    ****I play on ios****
  • Options
    Elspeth wrote: »
    I decided to use some of my carefully hoarded K-stars and ended up with kash, energy, more kash and finally the skirt. Definitely not what I was hoping for and now I'm down to 8 stars so I'm hoping there aren't any VIP events any time soon. I should have stuck to my policy of only opening the free box and saving my stars for things in the closet I really want.
    Same even though I never really participate in their VIP Events,ha!
  • Options
    I would normally say, Happy Friday, let's start the event, but with it starting yesterday after the excitement died down, it seems spirits are low. I have been bitterly dissappointed at times with the GBs. I agree that there should be a absolute minimum of 3 event items in the palettes, but I don't know how it would work when you get 2 items. What do your palettes do then? As far as glu being mean....I do think it's a random thing. Honestly, because I've seen a lot of palettes with all 4 items, and I have seen palettes with 2 items. Once I even saw a palette with no bonus items, but then I realized that game already had all 4 and now I was just suffering from GB Kray Kray. It happens when you lose all sense of purpose, and just keep buying boxes. (That only happened once, and there were extenuating circumstances. lol) Maybe they could write an algorithm that says if you have no items, at least 3 go in the palette, if you have 1 then 2 etc. till it gets to 3 items, then the 4th HAS to be in the palette. Thing I would hate about that, it might cut down on all the 4 item palettes I see. I never hit a trifecta, but when I see all 4 items there even if I've picked badly, it encourages me to try again. I'm just sorry so many are having issues. I'll be honest....I have issues, because I just keep going even after it's been terrible picks.. It's a problem of mine.....can't put it down. lol I think it's worse now because of the freeze. Before, if one game got the hair I saw it on the other games spouse, so I had the satisfaction of the hair. Now, the androids are frozen so if I want to see hair in both games, I have to win the hair in both games. Fix the freeze and I save cash. Oooops, was that one of the things Isabeau meant about card close to the vest? Ok, forget all this. I'll paraphrase........I get a little charge when I'm buying GBs. (Better IsaB?)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    isabeau wrote: »
    This is incorrect. VIP items are released into the regular wardrobe two months after they first appear as VIP. They end up available to *everyone*, beautiful or not. And plenty enough are not. Some are outright...just...$h*t. Anyway, if you're like me, you've been finding lots of random things we've never seen before, that Glu seems to not bother showing us/yellow-tagging in the wardrobe when they're new. Last update too consumed with only showing outrageously priced new Balmain, because so many people literally kept begging for it they thought, hey! Ninety stars for EVERYTHING! They're DYING for it! THEY'LL PAY!!! Too many people don't know how to "keep their cards close to their chest" and expect Glu to play cricket. Sure, everyone should say what they'd like, absolutely. But carrying on to excess only gives people ideas. Bad ideas. And they will look to take advantage of you in any way they can. Meanwhile, latest reports are everyone at Glu has been tripping heavily for months.

The latest Balmain items were ridiculously expensive.

So after losing out on the monkey in my free GB I'm a little downhearted and not playing so much. I'm so bitter lol. I don't know if I want to try opening another box because like others have said, there were only 2 items in my palette and the monkey was not one of them. Also, I got a luxe goal to buy the bird in the hotel and usually I buy the pets no matter what because hello, energy and I did not realize the bird cost 150 k-stars!!!! The payout was 30 but yikes! I had to pass on that one.

I'm not interested in the jumpsuit but I don't mind the shoes so that's my goal for this weekend. Usually I can finish parties with the extra day but the jumpsuit doesn't have me all excited to grind.