Options

Lets talk about our new Home!

Comments

• Options
    ChicCharlotteChicCharlotte Registered Users 571 Posts
    I found the old forum MUCH, MUCH, MUCH easier to read post to post. Everything is just too white and the signatures add to the mess of text on white background. The gray or blue color between posts needs to be darker.. please! :)
    Began an iOS game and need friends!
    Also deleted old Facebook account. Please refriend me if you play iOS.
    https://facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009525168362
  • Options
    SassyVoguetteSassyVoguette Registered Users 1,510 Posts
    Oh, wow.. what a change.. I have mixed feelings.. I can't read, everything is in one color, my eyes hurt lol 
    I hope they make it easier and add some colors. We will get used to it, I guess. 

Vats has my heart. Forever. 💕

iOS
    07/2014 
  • Options
    HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    Like Sassy, this forum style actually makes my eyes hurt. I hope they will tweak it based on our feedback.

Questions
    1) how do we access our email from old forum?
    2) how do we Reply where it includes a section of what someone else wrote?

Thank you
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • Options
    gentheagenthea Registered Users 308 Posts
    edited October 2017
    Ah, I'm loving it! It looks more tech-y. It was time we needed an update and more friendly interface (if that's what it's called.) It looks better in mobile too. Posting pictures is much easier, also I hated that 125x125 pixels profile picture limit. Now we can just upload it & crop it. I'm loving it. I love the reaction buttons, now I won't be quoting everyone whose posts I like and just say "I agree!" I can just Like or LOL it! Yay! And it was certainly the time to get some emojis. Old smileys were ineffective to express certain stuff but I did love the smirkey one. I'll miss you smirkey! That being said, emojies are HUGE. Also all-white background makes my eyes hurt. If you could just give us some custumization options, like font size & background colors, that'd be huge help. Thanks!
    Hello! I play on iOS. Feel free to add me on Facebook or game center as msdianaprince! ❤️
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Hi, new home, we need to learn where things are and how they work, it will happen in time and experience. But if there are things that we can't find/no longer have, or things we would like to suggest, please post below.
    Please try to keep it short and simple, I know from experience that stands out.
    Thanks for your help while we all get acclimated.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    I would love a "mark as read" button so you don't have to go into posts you don't want to read to unbold them, if that makes sense.
  • Options
    LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts
    My old messages did not come over to the new forum. Is there any chance they can be refiled in the Inbox/sent items of the new forum?
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    Mani86Mani86 Registered Users 237 Posts
    edited October 2017
    Such a clean look.!

I was wondering if I missed this.. can we somehow go to the first unread post in a thread here? :smile:

Edit: Never mind. I figured it out. I feel stupid. Hahah. :blush:
  • Options
    webrawebra Registered Users 656 Posts
    I really like a lot of the new forum features! That Show/Hide option for spoilers is great.

Do not like:
    1. Crazy big emojis :#
    2. Forum colors too light
    3. Hard to tell when one post begins and another ends
    4. The KimK banner at the top is humongous - how am I supposed to sneak on the boards while at work?

iOS.  A+++   Since 2015
  • Options
    maxrockatanskymaxrockatansky Registered Users 578 Posts
    Savagekkh said:

Angeline & Jon said Ahhh ... I struggle with my English writing so much and used to edit my previous posts. I hope no one can see how many times I edited my posts. Koko, please tell me you can’t. It’s embarrassing! I’m going to be very quiet. ???? 

Aww. I always thought you were a native English speaker. I have never seen any flaws. 

I don't think people should be shy or embarrassed to post even if they do struggle with English. I applaud anybody who can speak conversationally in a foreign language or even attempt to.

I don't think anybody here is judging anybody on their posting ability. The only thing we judge each other on is accessorizing! ;)

Thanks @Savagekkh & @Vats
    To avoid long paragraph posting is the key cause it would take me FOR.EVER! Haha ..
    It's jut me. I'm somewhat of a perfectionist. Learning a second language at an older age is never easy but I want to challenge myself to use/ speak English like a native speaker. Thanks Glu for adjusting the edit setting. Really appreciate it. :smiley: LOL at "we judge each other on accessorizing!" :lol: Wish I had your sense of humor. Can't wait to read more of your posts and your profile picture looks great! 

Girl, I thought you were a native English speaker, too. #flawless
  • Options
    LindaVB wrote: »
    My old messages did not come over to the new forum. Is there any chance they can be refiled in the Inbox/sent items of the new forum?

I really need to access my old mail. Is there a way to do this?
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • Options
    isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    I have to say again, how poor this layout is for people who use their phones. Didn’t anyone bother to consider that...since so many of us play on our mobiles to begin with? The design is big and clunky. Only a few threads and posts fit on a page, and that’s unsuitable for cells, unlike the previous design, where you could see everything current and pertinent going on on the first, and most important, page. The new design vs. the old kills that, and it just becomes a big, frustrating monster as well as a too-long, overly-involved, waste of time. It really destroys the whole forum experience; for me at least. When I first downloaded the KKH app the day it came out in 2014, I played alone for a year. Then I discovered the forum in 2015 and it was both literally and figuratively a game changer. (Nope, no pun intended. Hate puns.) I’m almost half considering abandoning the forum, because while it’s now expanded—larger—and just plain great-looking...as it appears on my phone it’s no longer looking concise, compact and clear, and organized; it was more so before. The design should suit everyone’s devices, but now it just wrecks the whole forum visually and usefully for mobile users; makes almost everything unnecessarily difficult; and only works best for those using a laptop, tab, or desktop. For phones, the design is cumbersome, heavy, bogged down, and broken up all over the place. There’s a lot to get used to and figure out here right now, which is fine. But again, on a phone, everything is all the more difficult and problematic. And the amount of time and effort to go through all the paces, play a constant hide and seek, really isn’t conducive to a good, fun, happy experience. It would be great if we could see “the big picture” in a simple, convenient, and very doable, engaging way like before. Other than that (other than allllll that), I like how it’s brighter, more colorful, which makes it cheerful, and I dunno, someone said the icons are “smaller”?? I think they look bigger, and clearer, something I like a lot. (Ugh, really need to do mine.) I also like that drafts are being saved now. If this was a more compatable layout for phones; if, as things stand right now, I had the too-massive amount of time to sit here and explore the new design and everything that comes along with it, in depth, I think I’d really like it a lot. But as it is now, it’s excessively search-and-find, and devours way too much an unreasonable amount of time just to do, look for, or find something. I don’t have hours to spend looking here, there, and everywhere, page after page after page after page, trying to figure it all out. It’s really too bad; I’m sure if it worked well for mobiles I’d really like it a lot.*

* Not reread for typos 
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    OK, after few days using this forum I finally feel able to give my two cents about it, so here's my review:

I tested the navigation through different kind of devices (mobile/notebook/desktop) and I had a better experience on mobile, cause the page is centralized on the screen and also the signatures are automatically turned off (while we're sign out) which facilitates the reading proccess compared to the notebook/desktop version, where the threads stands at the left side of the screen and this causes a weird feeling.

The colors and layout also doesn't help to make the reading easier. If weren't members' avatar pics it's so hard to identify where a post start and where it ends. The super loooooooooooooooooong pages are also a pain in the a$$, too many posts per page, this needs to be reduced. We need to scroll up and down too many times to catch up with the content from where we left. Before I used to just memorize the page where I read/posted to keep track.

While to read on this new forum is problematic, to write/post become a marvelous experience. The new editor is much more fluid, I love the plentyness of emojis and am so glad that BBCode was added back. Although I noticed that sometimes while using the shortcuts they 'stuck' and don't go away even when we click out of their window. So would be nice if the edition tab have more option added to it instead of we have to write/search for their codes.

I love the reaction buttons, mainly the 'agree', 'like' and 'LOL' they help a lot to show to more members our feedback on their speech, even if we're not referencing them in our posts. I don't intend to use the 'disagree' one, because if I think differently of another member, I prefer to write my reasons/provide them some explanations, once that just hit that button can be shady.

On forum's organization wise, think we need less stickied threads, again there's too much scrolling up and down since font's size is bigger now outside of the threads.

Oh the inbox chat is super! How could we live without it up to now??? It's too good that I forgive the fact we lost all previous messages. Trophies are cute feature for sure and the new profile and settings are easier to deal with.

Said that, I think this new format as more positive points than negatives, once you get used to it the experience it's enjoyable. I know that probably we'll have more changes soon, hope my opinion help with something to keep improving the forum! Thanks for all the work!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    Can a button be added at the bottom of the page to get back to the top of the page? It's cumbersome scrolling, especially on mobile. Thanks!! B)
  • Options
    RumpelstilzchenRumpelstilzchen Registered Users 1,599 Posts
    Where can we delete a draft/post? I'm doing many mistakes and need a delete button.  :/
    Android
  • Options
    I'm sure I'm overlooking this, but I've searched and searched and can't figure out how to change my post signature (or turn them on/off as someone mentioned). Help, please! :smiley: Thank you!
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    @ChicCharlotte click on the gear on the top of the forum to change your account settings. There will be listed all your options and between them you can change the signatures settings according to your wish. :wink:
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    Ah, Vats.. If you only knew how many times I looked at that page in the last 24 hours. I blame it on too much time spent looking at a KKH screen. Thank you!!

wxjh9sqn2mbp.gif
  • Options
    KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    HollySisk wrote: »

If you go to the old forum and scroll to the bottom of the Private Messages inbox, you can download your old messages!

#VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
  • Options
    What are the "points" for on our profile? I'd like to trade them in for k-stars please :joy::joy:
  • Options
    JasmineKKHJasmineKKH Registered Users 518 Posts
    edited October 2017
    I'm sure I'm overlooking this, but I've searched and searched and can't figure out how to change my post signature (or turn them on/off as someone mentioned). Help, please! :smiley: Thank you!

Go to your profile by clicking your name in the top right corner. Click on the little yellow person button with the drop down icon and click edit profile. Click "signature settings" on the right hand side. You can turn them off by clicking "hide signatures always".

edit: whoops! i didn't see Vats comment oops. just ignore that haha
    iOS platform
  • Options
    KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    We made a small update to the design of the new forum, so the background behind the bar where your name is in posts is now a darker grey.
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
  • Options
    ohh that does make it much better to read @KalindaKing. Thank you!!
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    edited October 2017
    Vats said:
    It looks like we only have 1hr to edit our post, after that we can no longer make any change to our older posts. Ahhh ... I struggle with my English writing so much and used to edit my previous posts. I hope no one can see how many times I edited my posts. Koko, please tell me you can’t. It’s embarrassing! I’m going to be very quiet. ???? 
    Hahaha don't worry about that! I'm the king of typos and creating 'neologism' (is that a word, right?!) and TBH that happens a lot in my mother language, how could I avoid don't commit mistakes in English too! :D
    Well, I am the Queen of typos.  And, when they are not my own fault, the damm devices sabotage me.  I will type " I'd " on the android will type I'denied   if I type "I'll" it types I'Lloyd    so,  I apologize to all of you.  It ticks me off that my device will take a perfectly typed word like I'll, and think "No. She doesn't know what she wants to say.  She wants I'Lloyd.  I don't have autocorrect, I have autocowrong.   Please don't be silent Angeline. You're wonderful!
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    kokokokonut said:
    Angeline, hang on, i’ll See what I can find out about fixing your name.   I’ll try to get an answer for you, hang tight in the meantime?.  

Thanks, Koko!
    I probably should shorten my username and don’t use “&”, if I get to change it.
    AngelineJ
    or 
    AandJ

It looks like we only have 1hr to edit our post, after that we can no longer make any change to our older posts. Ahhh ... I struggle with my English writing so much and used to edit my previous posts. I hope no one can see how many times I edited my posts. Koko, please tell me you can’t. It’s embarrassing! I’m going to be very quiet. ???? 

Don't you dare give up girl! The forum is a better place with you in it <3 It never once occurred to me that English is not your first language :blush:
  • Options
    LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts

If you go to the old forum and scroll to the bottom of the Private Messages inbox, you can download your old messages!

Aw man, I saw this post too late and now the old forum is no longer accessible...
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    AngelineJAngelineJ Registered Users 1,511 Posts
    Thanks @kokokokonut & @SugarK, your encouragement words mean a lot to me. <3
    I think I like the new forum’s “like” botton too much and just feel lazy posting. Haha ... :D
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    #DontPunishPayingCustomers
  • Options

@KalindaKing
    I can’t find the old forum. I didn’t have it bookmarked. I always accessed through the game.
    Can you please post the URL?
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • Options

@KalindaKing
    I can’t find the old forum. I didn’t have it bookmarked. I always accessed through the game.
    Can you please post the URL?

The old forum is all locked up now, @HollySisk You can't access threads, messages, settings or anything, it just refers you to the new forum link.
  • Options
    LyannaLyanna Registered Users 338 Posts
    I'm quite liking the new forum it's more modern and now they've made it clearer where the posts begin it's much better. I'm using it on a iPad though so it probably looks much different then on a phone. There should be an option to edit and delete your posts too! But overall I like it ???
    KKH: Gigi // IRL: Andrew ✨

Game Centre // .Cullen
    Playing on iOS