Options

KK:H WeekDay Event - 3/12/18 Anticipate the Ides of March

Comments

• Options
    JohanaJohana Registered Users 520 Posts
    Yes thanks, we'll get the time change later where I am :-) 
  • Options
    ChicCharlotteChicCharlotte Registered Users 571 Posts
    Hate to be the complainer - though I wear that hat often when I post on the forum (sorry!) - but it would be nice if we got a K-star for each party too this week. God knows you have to spend WAY more energy to complete one party.. There simply aren't enough opportunities to earn free stars in this game IMO. I'm kind of torn between killing myself to complete the party event or grind for 20-30 stars this week. :(

(BTW, when the TapJoy/Fyber offer board changed recently, the few offers that showed up to watch a single ad for a star disappeared. Now you have to download and run an entire game app for 1 star... ridiculous.)
    Began an iOS game and need friends!
    Also deleted old Facebook account. Please refriend me if you play iOS.
    https://facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009525168362
  • Options
    LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts

Ok, j did 3 hour reality show and just earned a star,

Okay, that would be great! I'm about to finish a party, will let you know if I get a K-star too!
    klena said:

For those who hates party TB event, if you’re willing to forgo the event, its a good time to just grind for kstars & move your reality shows up.

As I own all of the Throwback items I earn 20 K-starts in my final box, so that is 20 K-stars for 300 party-points...
    Let me do some math:

Finishing one 3-hour party
    - gives me 12 point + 7 from my guest = 19 point
    - costs me 51 energy

I need 16 parties and 816 energy to get to 300 party points to reach my final box of 20 K-stars...
    But if I spend those energy towards Reality Shows I can finish 48 of those and get 48 K-stars...
    So.... yeah I will most definately stop after reaching my third box as I can earn way more K-stars in other ways.

Good luck everyone!

Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    Parties? I guess my husband will just get some dates this week instead  ;)

As a side note, has anyone heard from @Vats?? It wouldn't surprise me if he wanted to quit if his game was lost forever but I hope he knows we all adore/support him. 
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
  • Options
    klenaklena Registered Users 679 Posts
    edited March 2018
    Lol, got confused. Pity there’s no delete button.
    @LindaVB math + my brain = mash. I defer to your judgment.💖
    iOS iPad 
    Level: 56
    List: A+++
    Doll’s name: Kate DeMille (name of 2 of my favourite heroines from my favourite urbane fantasy author Ilona Andrews)
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    edited March 2018
    I didn't get a star for parties at least I don't think I did. I'm very close to number one in reality so I think that's what I'm going to do plus I want the Stars. Parties are great for fans, reality if you want stars. I think it's great.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    LindaVB said:

@Johana Yes, the US switched to Daylight Savings Time this weekend, Europe will follow in two weeks. So the comming events will start one hour early for us.

Also, I really appreciate the ability to earn K-stars, but it is useless as all of the energy will go towards throwing parties... Glu should have amended it so you earn K-stars for every 5-star party.

This Weekday's pop up for bonus K-stars again says 'Weekend event'... to avoid confusion they should really change it to 'Weekday event'.

Doh. At 5 a.m. I missed this. Lol. Thank you for explaining for everyone b4 I got here. Lol, between Gabe's over zealousness and the time question, I didn't even notice you had answered. Thanks again. B)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Chelsea.Chelsea. Registered Users 526 Posts
    Hmm, I'm almost tempted to buy that SMC now. Just not sure I want spend $20 for it. :D
    IOS Player. Pm to add 💖
  • Options
    Lookie lookie lookie!

I LOVE Apple’s new necklace. Low cut tops for her from now on.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    edited March 2018
    I too will forego the parties and tb box this week to earn K-stars. I don't even care that completing the event will go toward earning the new trophy. Party events during the week are just too annoying and since my tb boxes have been CRAP the past few weeks, I'll earn stars instead. Jeeeeeez I wish Glu would hear the feedback about the party events :/
  • Options
    Oh no, the trophy. Well unless I pick one game to finish with each time, I’m never getting THAT trophy. Lol
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts
    Congrats on getting the necklace, it looks great on Apple!
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    Now the others want to go buy stars. Another large pack for each of the Androids should make the pendant avail,to them as well. It looks like a huge opal With a diamond halo. I love opals... my mother’s birthstone and one of my favorite stones next amethyst of course.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    whiteponywhitepony Registered Users 35 Posts
    klena said:
    Just threw a party at the Bel Air house and noticed it had gone from 8 guests to 7 guests. The option to add a guest in the grotto has gone. Is this a permanent thing or a glitch from the update? 
    @klena - I'm sorry about the confusion! It sounds like your grotto in Bel Air is working as designed. We had to make a small change for technical reasons.
    (Quotes pulled from the update thread) 

Per the above quotes, i dont think we're getting that 8th party guest back 😔

I am really happy that we have the possibility of getting k-stars during the week since I'm not going to torture myself trying to complete a party event but I'm worried that the extra k-stars weren't intended (hence the "weekend event" phrasing on the banner) and will be taken away. Fingers crossed they won't! 
    iOS player
  • Options
    DelphineGarnierDelphineGarnier Registered Users 4,828 Posts
    edited March 2018
    If we can earn Kstars, I might skip throwing parties after I get to the first box. Party events make me understand how the Jetsons (from the cartoon) can get tired just from pushing buttons. I get it now.
    Platform: Android

• Options
    CatherineBayCatherineBay Registered Users 372 Posts
    Not cool for Glu to remove that 8th party guest. They already made parties more difficult than they were when I first played and now they give a guest only to take it back. I’d much rather have that guest than three overpriced pets for sale in that small area. I haven’t even bothered to decorate my grotto,I just use the photo booth background if I want to enjoy it. Not to mention they have added all of these huge homes with expensive furniture and expensive pets which I can afford but have no incentive to buy as they haven’t bothered to add more achievements for buying pets or buying furniture. It really doesn’t take much to max out on home decor especially since business decor counts towards that and the same goes for the pets.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Its entirely possible that the 8th guest had to be removed because they were causing problems. We had a lot of glitches with a lot of people not being able to play and I'd rather have everybody playing than an 8 guest if that's what was causing it. I don't know that it was but it's entirely possible.

Edit to add, I didn't see Kalinda's explanation when I gave my possible reason. If she said it was a technical thing it was a technical thing so why are we even arguing about it? that's what confused me.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    I'm just happy for stars for gigs. @CatherineBay didn't mean to negate your concerns at least the rest of them but if you want to complain without argument from anyone about it you need the vent thread known as the hookah lounge . welcome back. :😊
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    GabebotGabebot Registered Users 285 Posts
    Don't listen to the dashing but frequently dazed, always charming often wrong @Gabebot. Sit down and look cute Gabe. I got this. Let me backtrack and read, but........ 1st impression ..I think the time discrepancy has to do with Yesterday'sU.S. time change. If you weren'the aware of it, we set out clocks ahead, so to anyone not affected by time change, it would seem the event started an hour early. And I think the earned stars might be something for players to choose to do, because we all hate parties. Brb after investigation.
    @kokokokonut ooh okay I didn't know about that thanks for telling me 🙂 I know its early but I predict this weekend is 5 star rating st Patricks day event 
  • Options
    GabebotGabebot Registered Users 285 Posts
    LindaVB said:
    @Johana omg that means this weekends st patricks day event is possibly 5 star rating yay I can finally get rid of my update storylines 😂
    Okay @Gabebot, I have to ask: how do you connect those dots... :D ? This pop-up is for the Weekday event but you connect it to next weekend event which could be a 5-star event??? I don't see how... If you would have said that it could have been a hint that this weekend event would be a VIP event I could get on board...
    @LindaVB ohh a VIP event 😍 that means smc omg (screams)
  • Options
    blo0dchildblo0dchild Registered Users, Member 1 Posts

For a short while Bel Air had an 8th guestvin the grotto. I tried a petty there last week, guest bubble was gone. Just 7 guests.

But i’ll Be up and trying when the event starts. Good luck everyone.

Wait .. you can throw a party in Bel Air? What room in the house do I find this option?

Also, how often can I use a co-partner boost thing during parties? It's been over 2 hours and I was only able to pose or whatever it is (it costs 5 energy and regenerates every hour during dates and parties) once during this three hour party.

I'm new to the forum BTW, hi. I've been playing KKH for about two months now and I lurk on here and the internet to get tips and stuff.
  • Options
    PezPez Registered Users 397 Posts
    edited March 2018
    Hi @blo0dchild, welcome to the forum! 🥂 To throw a party in the Bel Air home, go into the dining room. The purple party button will be just to the right of where your doll is seated.

I got energy in my first GB. Bleh. Stopping there, no more parties for me this week. Thank you Glu for rewarding K-stars for 5-starring gigs! I gotta agree with everyone else, though -- it would've been in-theme, and a nice incentive to party (considering how reluctant a lot of us are, even with GBs in place along the way), to also reward them for 5-starring parties. But again, thanks for rewarding K-stars at all, I take every opportunity to grind for them.
    iOS • KK:H player since January 2015 • I still need to make a FB account for my doll lol

• Options
    judithkkhjudithkkh Registered Users 1,699 Posts
    edited March 2018
    sooo is the get a free K-star for every gig thing gone? I was finishing one of my businesses' gigs and didn't get one ):
  • Options
    MaxyliciousMaxylicious Registered Users 71 Posts
    @judithkkh Ya noticed that too. The banner for the bonus k-star is gone, so you no longer have the choice to grind for stars instead of completing the party event.
    I figured it was a glitch anyways and not Glu's intention :/
    KKH and K&K iOS player since March '16
    KKH Doll name Liyah, Level 70, A+++, 1.2 billion fans, #1 reality tv show: The Fast Lane
    K&K Doll name Liyah J, Level 28, 260 million followers, Krew name: Krewzn
  • Options
    PezPez Registered Users 397 Posts
    Oh no, what a bummer! Mine is gone too! Nice while it lasted, I guess :/
    iOS • KK:H player since January 2015 • I still need to make a FB account for my doll lol

• Options
    RumpelstilzchenRumpelstilzchen Registered Users 1,599 Posts
    I concentrated on parties first and was looking forward to earn some kstars later, and now it's gone.
    Sure it was a "glitch" or an "accident" and we weren't meant to get this offer at all. Right? Sure..
    The event going on for more than 12 hours and they didn't notice that earlier? 

Android
  • Options
    TjystsTjysts Registered Users 33 Posts
    Gabebot said:

Tjysts said:

Thank you Kalinda!
    Party with 8 guests = yay!
    Party with 7 guests = 

Which house can you invite 8 guests?

@Tjysts choose bel air home to do your parties you can have up to to 8 people if you choose calabasas home you can have 7 people 
    Gabebot said:

Tjysts said:

Thank you Kalinda!
    Party with 8 guests = yay!
    Party with 7 guests = 

Which house can you invite 8 guests?

@Tjysts choose bel air home to do your parties you can have up to to 8 people if you choose calabasas home you can have 7 people 

I looked all over and was only able to invite 7 guests to my party in Bel-Air. Not 8.

• Options
    klenaklena Registered Users 679 Posts
    @Tjysts Glu managed to do away with that 8th guest in this update. Its back to 7 guests only for party at Bel Air.
    iOS iPad 
    Level: 56
    List: A+++
    Doll’s name: Kate DeMille (name of 2 of my favourite heroines from my favourite urbane fantasy author Ilona Andrews)
  • Options
    SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    OMG GLU!!!!!!!!!!!!! What is wrong with you? You take away any small advantage players get that help our gameplay :rage: First you take away the "8th" guest in Bel Air and now you take away the K-Stars offer! This makes me very angry, it's not like EARNING k-stars hurts you ... players still have to invest the time in the game to EARN any stars. Well you've made one customer pretty upset and I will not be participating in the weekday event at all now. Glu, you seemed to be moving in the right direction for customer satisfaction recently, but honestly this is about 10 steps back, in my opinion.
  • Options
    KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    quite the bummer. I was going to clean up a few past gigs instead of parties this week with the KStar offer. Got one this morning doing this past wkend's gig and even getting some event points, but guess should've taken more of an advantage.
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College