Options

🗳️KK:H SYS 10/1/20 - Born To Be Wild! (Lions & Tigers & Monkeys. Oh My!))🐅🦁

Comments

• Options
    DelphineGarnierDelphineGarnier Registered Users 4,828 Posts
    Even though this isn't my favorite out of any recent themes, it's never fun when it's hard to get good scores and this is an especially difficult theme when you don't already have a lot of animal print clothing. I had to use dresses I never use because I don't have much to choose from.
    Platform: Android

• Options
    ViennaKKHViennaKKH Registered Users, Member 1,388 Posts
    edited October 2020
    @DelphineGarnier I recommend dyeing the cash cheetah dress in our kloset or the earnable dress this SYS. For me personally it scored really well 😊

Edit : spelling
  • Options
    DelphineGarnierDelphineGarnier Registered Users 4,828 Posts
    edited October 2020
    @ViennaKKH I'm not bothering just because I don't like this theme that much and the items aren't my favorites. I rather use dye for clothing I reuse and themes I actually like. I don't like the bad scores but this theme doesn't feel worth using my dye on. I was also debating seeing if I have enough self control to wait until BF to use them just in case I like how some dyes look on whatever I end up getting. 
    Platform: Android

• Options
    MissMissy0717MissMissy0717 Registered Users, Member 245 Posts

Phew, the earnable dress really does do well! 😅 Now I’m comin for that hair! 😍💁🏼‍♀️
  • Options
    letusletus Registered Users, Member 760 Posts
    Some more looks... a bit of a downfall. But still fine! I wish the earnable dyed dress got more votes, though.

iOS free player 🇧🇷 ✨
    my doll’s name is leticia 
  • Options
    therealChartherealChar Registered Users, Member 2,714 Posts
    Why are ppl changing their dolls skin tone ? Ummmm I’m like cringing hard asf reading this thread
  • Options
    princesspreciousprincessprecious Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    edited October 2020
    @therealChar I'm a guy playing with a female doll, but I use my skin tone. I've changed my skin tone twice since the game started because the game can get boring and I wanted to make it fun by recreating my best friends. I can't talk for anyone else but that's why I have. I'm sorry if that offended anyone 
  • Options
    lululalulula Registered Users, Member 808 Posts
    @therealChar I've only seen it a few times here, but it looks like people are changing the skin tone so it is more appropriate to wear POC hairstyles. The alternative is seeing white dolls wearing braids and having big curly hair, which a lot of people would consider cultural appropriation. Which would you rather see?
    Platform: iOS
  • Options
    lululalulula Registered Users, Member 808 Posts
    jhabs said:
    lulula said:
    @therealChar I've only seen it a few times here, but it looks like people are changing the skin tone so it is more appropriate to wear POC hairstyles. The alternative is seeing white dolls wearing braids and having big curly hair, which a lot of people would consider cultural appropriation. Which would you rather see?
    I think it’s just particularly disturbing that we’re seeing typically white dolls having dark skin tones during the “born to be wild” theme with a tropical background. I try to avoid talking about race or politics on here but tbh, ive seen a lot of darker skinned dolls in the voting booth than normal and it makes me cringe as well. 
    @jhabs I'm on iOS and I've hardly seen darker skin toned dolls in the VB (and I've been in the VB constantly as I'm trying to get a diamond lol). But I can see why people changing their skintone solely because of the "Born to Be Wild" theme can be perceived as disingenuous. Thanks for clarifying. 
    Platform: iOS
  • Options
    marir222marir222 Registered Users 356 Posts
    edited October 2020
    I’m not trying to start anything, but this girl in my ts clearly purchased tickets, but shes wearing the same clothes she had at least 2 hours ago and her points doubled, is she just buying tickets or is she something else? is it possible to have the same clothes from 2 hours ago and her points doubled? im really curious because i literally know nothing about this stuff.
    that’s for amateurs
  • Options
    princesspreciousprincessprecious Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    jhabs said:
    lulula said:
    I think it’s just particularly disturbing that we’re seeing typically white dolls having dark skin tones during the “born to be wild” theme with a tropical background. I try to avoid talking about race or politics on here but tbh, ive seen a lot of darker skinned dolls in the voting booth than normal and it makes me cringe as well. 
    I didn't even think of the theme, and now I can see how horrible it is 😔 I'm honestly so sorry @therealChar when I posted my looks with a darker skinned doll, it was because I'm seeing my best friend next weekend (which i said) and I haven't seen her in a long time so I recreated her. She loved the looks I made of her, but I understand posting them on this forum is completely out of context, and must be strange seeing a usually white doll posing as a poc. 

I wish I could take it back and have only made a look to share with my friend rather than use it in the SYS and share on here, but I promise you I understand why it was wrong and it won't happen again 

• Options
    sandraliissandraliis Registered Users, Member 409 Posts
    marir222 said:
    I’m not trying to start anything, but this girl in my ts clearly purchased tickets, but shes wearing the same clothes she had at least 2 hours ago and her points doubled, is she just buying tickets or is she something else? is it possible to have the same clothes from 2 hours ago and her points doubled? im really curious because i literally know nothing about this stuff.
    I’ve noticed the same thing actually. Still haven’t figured out what’s going on.
     iOS 🇪🇪
    20 VIDEOS FOR EVERYBODY
  • Options
    evilhagevilhag Registered Users 923 Posts

Looks flopping left and right. Decided to go with “definitely not an undercover deer, totally human*. Scored just as well as my on theme thought out looks lol 
    Put a cap on Trendspenders! 
    Give 20 daily videos to paying players!
    Bonus star for parties!
  • Options
    AmyMimiAmyMimi Registered Users, Member 2,373 Posts
    marir222 said:
    I’ve noticed the same thing actually. Still haven’t figured out what’s going on.
    The only thing I can think of happening is that a doll submits a bunch of extra looks, one after the other. So they have multiple looks that are live at the same time but you are only seeing their most recent look they submitted. Their scores come in for all their looks gradually around the same time which is why their score seems to increase drastically with one outfit when actually it’s with multiple looks. It sometimes can be something a bit more suspicious so it’s good to keep an eye out. Hope I explained that alright 👍
    iOS 😊
    A+++
    🇬🇧
  • Options
    garibelalagaribelala Registered Users, Member 218 Posts

looks 8-10
  • Options
    AmandaMKkhAmandaMKkh Registered Users, Member 3,664 Posts
    aw thanks @Libby you’re so nice💕💕
    Italian iOS player since August 2014 ♥️

• Options
    VictorianVictorian Registered Users, Member 1,110 Posts
    Why are ppl changing their dolls skin tone ? Ummmm I’m like cringing hard asf reading this thread
    Oh, sorry. I didn't share it frequently but I do this often and shared on the forum because my doll looks very pretty in both brown skin and white. I will obviously continue but if it's disturbing I won't share my black doll on the forum anymore 😕
    I didn't think people would find it cringy or worse, disturbing since my country doesn't have a significant black population, it's more like Kurds vs. Turks, same skin color vs. same skin color in my country. 
    Ok this took too long what I am saying is I bragged about how pretty my black doll is before on the forum and if it's disturbing I won't do it again. I am sorry 😪 I have been submitting at least 2-3 black Cat Blankett in every sys so good thing I was too lazy to share all my looks here 😅
    20 year old from Turkey & Android Player
    Striking untill they give everyone 20 videos a day
  • Options
    ArtistaArtista Registered Users, Member 217 Posts
    edited October 2020
    Looks 6-10 
    Looks like I’m offering ice cream to baby monkey, which got me thinking... why don’t we have a banana handheld? 🍌
  • Options
    kayayemkayayem Registered Users, Member 534 Posts
    Wow I’m not doing well at all in this SYS. I’m glad there’s no weekday SYS this upcoming week, I’m tired of getting wrecked when I used to consistently score over 50.

• Options
    JJthedrummer83JJthedrummer83 Registered Users 149 Posts
    saw my sister @marir222 in the voting booth. ( now someone just has to see me in the voting booth)
    hollywood bitch so fake she seems real
  • Options
    therealChartherealChar Registered Users, Member 2,714 Posts
    jhabs said:
    lulula said:
    I didn't even think of the theme, and now I can see how horrible it is 😔 I'm honestly so sorry @therealChar when I posted my looks with a darker skinned doll, it was because I'm seeing my best friend next weekend (which i said) and I haven't seen her in a long time so I recreated her. She loved the looks I made of her, but I understand posting them on this forum is completely out of context, and must be strange seeing a usually white doll posing as a poc. 

I wish I could take it back and have only made a look to share with my friend rather than use it in the SYS and share on here, but I promise you I understand why it was wrong and it won't happen again 

I love you and I wasn’t speaking on u love ❤️😌 it’s just a bit weird to me to see ppl do it for this sys theme when it’s about wild and there’s a ton of ppl using poc styles.
  • Options
    woahbabesursotoxicwoahbabesursotoxic Registered Users, Member 2,533 Posts
    edited October 2020
    Ahh sorry. Didn’t think about what I was saying, some people like the dress, and that was kinda rude of me to say that. Sorry! 
    iOS🖤. Doll (Holly) 🍒