Options

Kim Kardashian: Hollywood - Sunset Notice

12345679Next

Comments

• Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    edited April 10
    my pictures are all gone too.  Except for the last one which I posted here.   If it shows up in My Pictures , This is like stealing them ftom us.  I’m flabbergasted.  I was ok until this. 

Apparently anything I put in IG, is still in my albums.  I have some, so that helps.  
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    pizzagurlyumpizzagurlyum Registered Users, Member 676 Posts
    Oh no... My pictures aren't gone luckily... I have an android phone and somehow the photos would get saved in the android/media folder or something. I always had to move them out of that folder to see them in my gallery. Plus I have a lot of screenshots taken along the years that survived :) I'll miss this game a lot
  • Options
    JabberwoohJabberwooh Registered Users, Member 279 Posts
    my pictures are all gone too.  Except for the last one which I posted here.   If it shows up in My Pictures , This is like stealing them ftom us.  I’m flabbergasted.  I was ok until this. 

Apparently anything I put in IG, is still in my albums.  I have some, so that helps.  
    oh my god, that's awful! I'm a bit of a paranoid person, so I actually made a backup folder of all my KKH photos an hour before the shutdown just in case some glitch would happen, but obviously this is not the norm for people, and you tend to expect that you get to keep your photo library, because it's not in the app, it's in your storage!!! Turns out this is a "feature" added to some devices a few years back, presumably to save space when you want to delete an app to make sure it actually wipes the slate clean. 

For anyone else dealing with this, please check if your cloud apps (Google Photos, Onedrive, Samsung Cloud etc.) happened to sync sometime recently, and if the KKH app happened to be included in the sync settings!
    Android player - K star hoarder - Frugal b*tch
    (In-game username: Abbie)

KKH Discord server: 
    https://discord.gg/2ew22AybF9

• Options
    TiaTTiaT Registered Users, Member 172 Posts
    I just wanted to post a throwback of me and Kim before the facial and makeup update. I can’t believe I still had this saved. ☺️

Playing daily on iOS 
    Facebook: 
    https://www.facebook.com/shaniqua.garvin.5 
    Kindness is free, sprinkle that stuff everywhere. 

• Options
    LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts

This was my most coveted outfit. This is what my doll was wearing when the game shut down.
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    edited April 10
    I sent a note to get my angst out but I doubt Eggs will even see it.  I probably have pics on my older devices as they are just sitting around.  My older pics will there I'm mortified.  I want to say the vilest things and leave this place in a shambles.  I am so hurt by this. 
    We spent money to buy clothes to take the puctures. You take my puctures I want my dash back. I'm so angry at this, I feel like the girl who walks in to find her house robbed.  That happened to me .  Every piece of jewelry, except for my wedding and engagement ring.  They didn't leave me a single earring.   That's what this feels like.  This is so wrong. The photos justified the great expense.  Like thieves in the night, they removed our pictures too. 

Even the notice when you try to open the game is a damn lie.  It says keep trying.  
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    yezxyezx Registered Users, Member 2,651 Posts
    I keep checking this forum, hoping they will bring back the game 😩 i want to go through my kloset, tap all the tappables, laugh at willow pape,…
    iOS player since June 2018. DM to add. 
    Link to the discord server: https://discord.gg/4Jxu5dXCQU

Make kkh great again: 
    Cap on T$ - Be more generous with diamonds, stars and dye - Update tb items, perks, achievements and FG/SMC - Reduce points during weekday events - Jewelry for 12 diamonds every week -  20 daily videos for everyone
  • Options
    edited April 10
    I just found a hidden folder in my iPad with 503 photo booth pics. I'm going to get them onto my home network server.  Then I'll do the same on my other devices.  I can't explain how found them but poking around I found them.  That doesnt excuse Glu but 503 pics are still there. 
    Now ill try my androids.   Maybe those pics are still there somewhere.  My hubby MrPuterterhead said the photos in our albums were merely a link to where the pics were.  Glu removed the links to our device photoalbums.  If I find any paths to the Android pics I will let you know.
    The screenshot is my iPad and seeing this pop up was like a gift from above.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    pizzagurlyumpizzagurlyum Registered Users, Member 676 Posts
    I have a Samsung A72. My path to the photos on my android was : SdCard/android/media/com.glu.stardomkim
  • Options
    ElenaaaElenaaa Registered Users, Member 474 Posts
    I’m so sad 😞 I just found some pictures from back in 2016, this game was there for such a huge part of my life 😔

I also had a pet in the game that reminded me of my cat irl so that was always my fav pet and when she past away a few years ago, it felt a little comforting to have something that reminded me of her in the game 😔 I wanted my dolls last location to be with her ♥️ 

• Options
    ElenaaaElenaaa Registered Users, Member 474 Posts
    I also feel so bad for the people that lost their pictures! 😥 Like having these pictures is so important to me to be able to at least still have a little piece of the game! I’m so afraid of that happening, I haven’t deleted the app yet 🫣 I also know how time-consuming gathering these pictures and memories was, horrible if they would just be gone! 😢 Hopefully they can be recovered for those who’ve lost them! 🤞
  • Options
    CherreyCherrey Registered Users 1,496 Posts
    Sorry to hear of your loss, Koko! What a nightmare. I think it's very important to create a backup folder of the original one before deleting the app. The game can't access the backup folder, so the pictures are going to be safe.
  • Options
    edited April 11
    I've heard back that Eggs is checking about this.  At least I have my 500 from the iPad.   The people on Android are still looking for theirs.  If as Puterhead says it's the link to our pictures  that is gone, then maybe the pics are hiding in our androids.   When I hear back, I will share.  We had to do our taxes last night, but tonight, my computer wizard will poke around the Androids.  
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts
    Why are we still getting these notifications ..?

Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    I have a Samsung A72. My path to the photos on my android was : SdCard/android/media/com.glu.stardomkim
    Thanks.  I'll send Puterhead in with SdCard/android/media/com.glu.stardomkim as a starting point.  :)  awesome find Pizzagurlyum.  Thanks.  <3 
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    maniyamaniya Registered Users, Member 132 Posts
    edited April 12

I started playing this game in 2014 when I was just a 15 year old with calm and happy life, I didn’t know who kim kardashian was, I just liked girly games and this was perfect for me. 

Over the years I had stopped playing many times but always find myself going back to it. As I grew older and stepped into the messy and crazy life of adulthood, it started to become something more than just a dress up game, it became a sweet distraction from the reality, the reality which was sometimes too scary and overwhelming. I could play and feel like a child again. Like everything is still perfect. It was at times a shield against my anxieties. 

To the 24 year old me now, this game symbolizes my childhood. And I feel like once again, I’ve lost my childhood forever. 

• Options
    I even lost my archive here 🥹💔
  • Options
    eggsandbananaseggsandbananas Registered Users, Moderators 400 Posts
    Hi all,

Koko brought to my attention that some of you have been unable to locate your KKH photos. I believe this is only an issue on Android. When any app on Android takes a photo, the app developer has to specify which folder to put it into for storage. The most logical place is the specific photo folder for that application; in KKH's case, all photos taken by the app are placed in the Kardashian photo folder. This helps keeps things organized at a system level for the user.

The issue is that on Android, when an app is deleted, it also automatically removes the photo folder for that app and all content inside it. This is not specific to KKH and applies to all apps on Android.

For those of you who still have the app installed on Android, please move your photos out of the Kardashian folder before deleting the app! For those of you who have already deleted the app, please look into whether or not you have a backup of your device photos or whether or not you can recover deleted data on Android. I am sorry that this happened to you; I was not aware of this behaviour on the Android platform.. otherwise I would have given you all a heads up!!

Thank you all for everything~

Save your Hollywood IDs so we can better help you! (Top left menu > Help > Copy ID)
  • Options
    MiyuriMiyuri Registered Users, Member 289 Posts

Here's my funeral outfit. I'm really going to miss my doll…

I stopped cold turkey when they announced so distastefully that they were sunseting the game because I was too mad, but I wanted to come back before it ended to say goodbye and take some screenshots. I leveled up to 99 thanks to all my unopened squad rewards. My kollections did come back a little before the end thankfully, so I was able to finish spending all my k-stars and diamonds on outfits I never really got to wear. But I didn't have enough time to burn through all my kash and energy, and to take all the screenshots I had planned…

I started playing in April 2019, so I'm not an OG, but it felt like a big part of my daily life for long time. I had a love-hate relationship with this game. Loved the graphics, the clothes, the weekend events and seasons challenges, styling for specific themes… Hated the insane hours it made me keep, the competition for SYS before they stopped the updates, the increased use of diamonds for everything and the way Glu treated the players over the years. The end was especially hard to swallow. We all guessed it was coming to an end but to be given no dates and have this spun on us after the fact was like spitting in our faces. People repeatedly asked customer service if the game was ending and were repeatedly told no. They knew they were going to discontinue it and purposefully waited until it was too late for us to enjoy the last SYS as being the final one, to spend our remaining tickets on farewell looks, to spend our k-stars on extra mega boxes. Even if they had vague plans and made the actual decision at the last moment, they could have let us play during the sunset period instead of cutting off everything so abruptly when all of it was already coded in the game. As always with them, every single decision seemed to spawn from a careful brainstorming of how they could disrespect their players the most.

I wanted to leave a message here like everyone when it happened but I didn't want to lose my temper and decided to cool off before writing my piece. I'm still fuming though, and I absolutely despise anyone from that company who had anything to do with the way this was handled. Not that they care about how we feel anyway. But I will make sure to double check the developer whenever I download a new app from now on because they will not get me twice.

I'm thankful for the community here, all those who helped build the different encyclopedias, shared outfit ideas for SYS and real-life inspirations of the different items. I wanted to thank Koko as well for all the work she's done here for free for so long.

Before it ended, my last goal was to take as many screenshots as possible to keep a little bit of the game alive with me and I am heartbroken for those of you whose pictures disappeared, because now you lost the game twice. I sincerely wish something can be done for you, this is already bitter enough…
    🇫🇷 in 🇰🇷
    Platform: iPadOS 17.4.1
    Current level: 99
  • Options
    edited April 14
     I’m surprised that after starting and shutting down Kendall and Kylie, NickiMinaj, and the swift life, Glu would  not have known this would happen.  It’s not like KKH was their first game to go down. 
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    edited April 12
    You know if they’d made it on disk, we would have gone into Best Buy bought it for $100 and we would own it. Then you keep buying into it and you get more things.  But it’s yours. When they stopped putting out content, fine….we still have our stuff. I’m not ok with this. I want an uproar.  There was no reason for this to happen.  
    The developers tech team knew removing the game would remove our photo album and didn’t warn us. A simple warning.  You spend thousands of dollars on 3 games, and don’t get a warning. 
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    edited April 13
    Why must we give permission to Glu to access our device’s photo directories if they aren’t putting our pictures from the photobooth there?  Why do you need that permission if it isn’t for our pictures?  Just snooping?   It sure looked like our pictures were right there with the others. 
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    JabberwoohJabberwooh Registered Users, Member 279 Posts
    You know if they’d made it on disk, we would have gone into Best Buy bought it for $100 and we would own it. Then you keep buying into it and you get more things.  But it’s yours. When they stopped putting out content, fine….we still have our stuff. I’m not ok with this. I want an uproar.  There was no reason for this to happen.  
    The developers tech team knew removing the game would remove our photo album and didn’t warn us. A simple warning.  You spend thousands of dollars on 3 games, and don’t get a warning. 
    HARD agree. You're telling me that the exact same problem never arose during the shutdown of the other Stardom re-skin games in the past? That sounds very odd... When was the latest shutdown of another Stardom-based game? I want to look into exactly when this became a standard for Android devices to see if this should definitely have been a known issue to GLU.

I've been thinking about the physical games of yore lately, and how GLU could have converted the game to an offline version where no events, no updates, and no new content appears, and then offered players to BUY their game with the savestate intact for a flat price, thus making money even during the shutdown. Alternatively, if it was a problem with Kim's contract not being renewed, just re-re-skin the game BACK to Stardom with any Kardashian likeness removed. Or restart Stardom with an offer to sync your current KKH doll's earnings, fans, and clothes. Keep making money with minimal effort. I'm sure they are still in possession of the original Stardom base game files.

This just reeks of another case of EA shooting themselves in the foot and pretending that the limp doesn't exist...
    Android player - K star hoarder - Frugal b*tch
    (In-game username: Abbie)

KKH Discord server: 
    https://discord.gg/2ew22AybF9

• Options
    But why is the pictures I uploaded here previously gone? Like I can’t find them in my profile anymore 
  • Options
    Noel888Noel888 Registered Users, Member 188 Posts
    I'd totally buy this one disc or as a digital download. I wish someone would either revive this or come out with another game just as great or better 
    I miss this game so much 
  • Options
    edited April 17
    Glu should have told us how the game was ending and should have told us to safeguard the photos.  People spent too much money for our photos to just vanish.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary