Options

Masahiro Tanaka

~Lawman~~Lawman~ Registered Users 370 Posts
Does anyone else have this guy? I won him with a #1 Draft Pick spin. I have never faced him as an opponent, but he has an ERA of 0.00 after 24 innings pitched!!! If he is not on your team, has anyone batted against him?

He is a 5 star player with a rating of 7/9/8.
Prev13

Comments

• Options
    Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
    He used to be one of the Legend starters before the update. At the time he was pretty tough to face. I've haven't faced him against anyone else. The guy on the original starting pitchers that gave me fits was Felix Hernandez 7/9/9.
  • Options
    If I remember right the original 5 were 1. Kershaw 2. Tanaka 3. Hernandez 4. Jose Fernandez (I have him and he's pretty solid too 9/5/9) and 5. Cueto.
  • Options
    jemicjemic Registered Users, Member 297 Posts
    Play against him several times. He is one of the SP in the old legend team.
    He was invincible at that time with stats 8/9/9.

I also have him in my team. His performance is stable I will say. I post his stats below.
    His major weapon is splitter. Splitter is one of the late breaking ball and I often have double play when playing against him because of SPLITTER....

His ER range is 0~4 for the first six innings against human players based on my experience.
    Congratulation you have him!!!

Screenshot_2014-11-22-08-27-49_zps08212e2b.png
  • Options
    His win/loss record for you is 159-12, WOW!!! If he was a Legends pitcher, then I did face him and just don't remember.

Amused, Felix Hernandez was always a killer when I faced him, so you're definitely not alone.

Thanks all for the feedback.
  • Options
    I have Fernandez, Kershaw, and Cueto. But I'm always hoping for Hernandez or your guy. In my opinion the original 5 starters were definatley harder then the 5 that are out there now. Kershaw, Bumgarner, Darvish are really hittable. Cueto I'm used too, and Sale is prob the hardest. But once you get a couple hits, you can string a few runs on him. Maybe because I had a weaker team back then, but I lost over 120 games against the original crew.
  • Options
    For me, hands down, Sale is the hardest to hit. Cueto, because of his ****y motion is tough as well. Your rotation sounds lights out!
  • Options
    jemicjemic Registered Users, Member 297 Posts
    Amused you are right.
    The old legend team is incredible and I think GLU decreasing the difficulty by changing the lineup of legend team.
    Sometimes I am kindly missing the POWER/SPEED monsters and horrible start pitchers in old legend team. These players really cost me a lot of time and give me frustration.
  • Options
    Tanaka just pitched again for me. Another 6 scoreless innings, bringing his total to 30 with a 0.00 ERA.
    I can't wait to get 75 wins so I can see how he will do against Legends.
  • Options
    solarmensolarmen Registered Users 201 Posts
    ~Lawman~ wrote: »
    Does anyone else have this guy? I won him with a #1 Draft Pick spin. I have never faced him as an opponent, but he has an ERA of 0.00 after 24 innings pitched!!! If he is not on your team, has anyone batted against him?

He is a 5 star player with a rating of 7/9/8.

So jealous. The best player I got from the past 10 #1 draft was a 4* ****ty player that I don't even remember his name.
  • Options
    Depending where your pitching coach and pitch calling upgrades are at, I feel very strongly that your guy's Era will go up from 0.00 when you get to the playoffs. When I got Cueto it was right before playoffs. He had a low .40 ish era. After a couple rounds In legends it balloon up to 4.00. lol. It's sad to see your new prize with those numbers. But they come back down. And after about 200 starts his era is 2.33 with a 1.01 whip. But good for you on getting him. Enjoy having a great ace.
  • Options
    Well, Legends got Tanaka. They scored 4 runs in 3 innings. Got him off the hook for the loss though, by winning game 9-7.
    Amused was right, if I keep using him against Legends, his ERA will balloon up in no time.
  • Options
    Amused, your prediction for Tanaka against Legends was very accurate. Tanaka's ERA went up to 2.31. His WHIP is still great at .83, and BAA is .201.

I beat the Legends in 6 games, and now like you, have beaten them 5 times. My free Draft Picks yielded nothing of note. I'm saving the 500 gold.
  • Options
    That's pretty much what I do. Save the gold and get nothing on the draft picks. Sometimes I'll keep the #1 in the bank a few days just because I like to see it say "1 owed" I'm getting close to the playoffs again. Might have to go 1 up on you Lawman. Now enjoy watching your ace's era drop as you play him against other players and un stacked CPU games. It's inevitable though, you will eventually face someone and it you will get the "Tanaka got roughed up that inning. 7 runs scored". You can then yell at your phone.
  • Options
    Amused, your prediction for Tanaka against Legends was very accurate. Tanaka's ERA went up to 2.31. His WHIP is still great at .83, and BAA is .201.

I beat the Legends in 6 games, and now like you, have beaten them 5 times. My free Draft Picks yielded nothing of note. I'm saving the 500 gold.

I am still trying to beat the Legends for the 3rd time. Current W-L record is 26-122.

I don't have any real ace in SP so I watched a lot of videos and upgraded pitching coach and pitch calling to 8. I am still losing games to Legends, but at least I don't give up 14 runs in one inning as often.
  • Options
    Lawman... I've beaten them 6x. A sweep on the first try. Your turn sir...
  • Options
    I've never swept the Legends team. Best was 4-1. That's pretty darn good playing on your part. I only have 21 wins right now, as I took a couple days off the hot and heavy play. I'll start back on my playing kick Friday. Congrats again on the sweep, well done.
  • Options
    Lawman, I played a quite a bit this week and got back to the playoffs rather quickly. They were oddly harder this time around. First two games I scored over 10 runs but they ended up winning both those. I rallied and won 4 games to 3. So put me down as a 7x winner. I'm still enjoying the game, but at this point I think my only goal is to draft a couple players on my wish list and getting other friends to start playing and helping them out. Solarman, my overall record is 85-177 .324 win percentage. That first series win cost me about 120ish of those losses. Took forever.
  • Options
    TatimusTatimus Registered Users 40 Posts
    I thoroughly enjoy playing this game and mainly bc of all the stats that are tracked. I think that it is ridiculous that the legends team should cost you 120+ losses before you beat them. My team is pretty good in my opinion and I got swept in the first series against them. It wasn't even close. The second series I stomped them for the first three games. Then sure enough they magically stomped me for the next 4 games. I have no problem with them being competitive but I'm not willing to be cheated by the program. I definitely don't want to taint all my stats trying to beat the cheating computer program.
  • Options
    Agreed Tatimus. The first series win took a long time. But since then, I guess I've gotten better at hitting the pitchers. I have no control on how much they score on me, but will say since the 1st try I'm close to a .500 winning percentage against them. I can usually dispatch them within 3 series now. A couple of times on 1st tries. I think the rotation they have is easier now then before. Plus. My team and upgrades are better then the 1st time around. But yea, it's tough. U can do everything right to win the series and they can stomp on u at whim, no matter how good your team and upgrades are.
  • Options
    Hey Amused:

Your up buddy, joined the 6X Club. Got them on 1st try. Went down 0-2, and then won 4 in a row. Only one close game out of the bunch. After losing the 1st two games, I pitched Tanaka in 4 straight!!! I kind of feel like that's cheating, but he has been pitching lights out. To coin your phrase, your up sir.

Oh yeah, I got Shin Soo Choo with the free #1 Draft Pick, and he went into the recycle bin.
  • Options
    Lawman, you must not have read a few posts ago. Two nights ago I beat them for the 7TH time. So technically, you are still one behind. So.... Your turn sir. (not "your up sir"...but I appreciate the nod at the phrase) Plus, I have won 20, trying to reach the playoffs for the 8th time. Just realizing as I type this that I must be playing too much. An intervention may be in order soon. :)
  • Options
    My apologies Amused, congrats on your 7th series win. I just can't keep up with you! I guess I'll have to step up my game play some. Problem is, most players sit on the games a while, and it takes long to get wins unless you have bonus games.

I'm convinced that Tanaka gives me the best chance of avoiding a huge inning by Legends, so I save up my ice wraps just for them.
  • Options
    I see no problem in that at all Lawman. If you find a pitcher that can keep them down then by all means use him. I use Fernandez and Cueto... Ice pack and repeat. I have like 20 ice packs from games, might as well put them to good use.
  • Options
    My apologies Amused, congrats on your 7th series win. I just can't keep up with you! I guess I'll have to step up my game play some. Problem is, most players sit on the games a while, and it takes long to get wins unless you have bonus games.

I'm convinced that Tanaka gives me the best chance of avoiding a huge inning by Legends, so I save up my ice wraps just for them.

Lawman, a quick 4-1 dispatch of the legend team. Count me in at 8x winner. I'm really not trying to boast. Just enjoying the competition with you. I'm sure the rest of the forum just rolls their eyes at my silliness. Sorry gang!!! (Lawman, I find having a few friends I play against daily, who I know play back quickly, helps reach that win total to 75 faster. And yea. I bonus game the useless cash.) Good luck. Your turn, sir x2. I'll slow it down. Probably should anyway.
  • Options
    Amused, you are one heck of a player!!! Congrats on the latest Legends lambasting. I have as many random games as will allow, but return play is kind of slow. I think I'm around 50 wins or so. I did finish in top 5 for hits, runs and wins the last two days. Not boasting, just saving up some gold.
  • Options
    9x lawman. A very tough 4-2. All games were decided by 1 run. Got lucky a lot. Think I'm getting their pitchers down now
  • Options
    atimmons01atimmons01 Registered Users 20 Posts
    I haven't caught up to you guys. I am a 5x winner here. Swept on my 4th and then on the 5th try it was really hard for some reason. I don't mind being beaten by them anymore. My team is good enough now to score with them. When I get down 3 runs now I bear down and try to win rather than auto play it out and hope the next series goes better.
  • Options
    I have 4x series win. My batting order is very solid, it's just my pitching is abysmal. The only one I can trust is Kluber. If I start Price or Zimmerman, more likely than not I will lose 12 runs in one inning.
  • Options
    As always Amused, congrats on your win. I'm not sure how you get to 75 wins so fast. I play daily, and it seems like forever to reach Legends series. I need 9 more wins to play them. How do you get your wins so quickly?
  • Options
    As I said before Lawman. I have 4 players that play fast and I can get quick wins daily. Otherwise. The blue cash goes toward bonus games. Between the two it only takes me 3 days to get to 75 wins. And just moments ago, a tough 4-2 series win gives me the coveted 10x winner on Legends. Gold goes toward bonus games, because I haven't drafted anyone worthwhile in a long time. Guess this is the team for me to keep. Good luck on ur upcoming playoffs, sir. :)