Options

80 Gold Boost In Walkoff-Hero

2Next

Comments

• Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @dkarski87 You would prefer being down 5 with nobody on base?
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    edited July 2018
    Honestly, I would. Knowing myself when I get a hit, 95% of the time it results in a double. Having that runner on just makes it more difficult from my perspective. I bet if we asked how many people that were struggling yesterday how many times did they hit into that double play? I would say over 50%.

But that's just me, we all have our preferences on what we feel better at playing.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    dkarski87 said:

Yea this week def seemed easier. I managed 4 cycles and capped by hitter off in g10. Be warned all, next week will be much tougher. 445 pows and poms means 445 legend pitcher possibly for 5-10. With no runners. But we shall see.

Same here as far as capping him. Took him to gold 5 and then cycled the rest to save the XP. I really hope they do a catcher next week but I have a hunch they'll do a 3B instead and save the catcher for last before moving on to pitchers. Once I get a catcher then I'll be set and my overall win streak will be even more protected B)
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    DFBB said:
    I’d prefer the runner on 2nd if there is a runner to avoid a double play for sure. I hit into one yesterday and that round I wished that runner wasn’t there for sure
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts

DFBB said:

I’d prefer the runner on 2nd if there is a runner to avoid a double play for sure. I hit into one yesterday and that round I wished that runner wasn’t there for sure

@Bigpredfan and @dkarski87, Put it this way: do you consider 5.10 to be more difficult yesterday or last week?
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    DFBB said:
    DFBB said:
    @Bigpredfan and @dkarski87, Put it this way: do you consider 5.10 to be more difficult yesterday or last week?
    I was 1 for 2 both weeks. This week I had 2 hitters who were left handed at 425. I found getting to 5-10 easier last week, 5-10 was about the same to me this week even with the runner. I used Freeman on 5-10 this week as his hit rating was the highest. Hitting into a double play first pitch did suck though. Felt like I was batting with a wet noodle
  • Options
    Yea last week was harder but not by much. If we had a choice of having a runner on first or have 0 runners I would take no runners for sure. But that's just me. I can't wait till next week, with 445 pow and poms. I can guarantee that it will be harder next week but I love the challenge. Every since I beat WOH this is my favorite event. Its frustrating at times but the rewards are worth it.
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    dontgodontgo Registered Users, Member 63 Posts
    Personally, I was happy they gave us a base runner this time around. I get the risk of the double play, but already having that runner on base just means needing one fewer at bat where you face the risk of unhittable breaking balls.

Granted, this was the first time I completed the event so I'm probably biased!
  • Options
    Yes but if you get that right pitch selection it really doesn't matter. Like people have said, you can go 30 times and get no fast balls and boosting each time. You get those fast balls and hitting 5 or 6 dingers isn't an issue. So runners or not, if you dont get the right pitches it doesnt matter if you have bases loaded. Pitch selection is key here.
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    soxfansoxfan Registered Users, Member 164 Posts
    I'm with @dontgo, I'll take any runners I can get! Took me about 10 tries at kluber, 0/9 with Ramos and 1/1 with Escobar. I didn't hit into any double plays though. Felt nice beating it for once (although a week too late)!
  • Options
    Yeap no argument there. We all have our preferences. Some people do better with them on, other don't. Same as how some people swear by the left vs righty match ups. Last 4 or 5 weeks I have been going right vs right with no real issues. With no legends, just POMs or POWs.
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I thought 5.10 this week was a fair bit easier, before yesterday I had cycled a total of 3 times (no more than once per event), yesterday I cycled 3 times and if I didn’t flub a change up it would have been 4.  Now getting there was a little more difficult as they changed some of the stages to being down 1 instead of tied, 4.10 required 3 to tie instead of 2, and other stages that were normally required 1 run to tie needed 2 (Maeda at 4.8 and Severino 5.6 come to mind). I do think it will be more difficult moving forward as 445 PotW/M are available so I’d imagine we’ll either see a 6th level or 5.9/10 difficulty being higher.  Once I get Altuve leveled I do like the idea of having 2 from each side of the plate at 243 overall or higher as it will give me flexibility to play matchups easier.  Yesterday I had two lefties to combat Arrietta and Kluber so it felt a lot better.