Options

12:02 PM EST Friday: Already called it a weekend

2Next

Comments

• Options
    miggyrisingmiggyrising Registered Users, Member 162 Posts
    He's held himself out as developer before. When the update issues cost tons of people their clubs, he said he could personally help by unlocking clubs. I'd think that would mean he's a little more than just a key puncher making minimum wage to deal with forum complaints.

For most of us, I'm sure including you, we've gone through multiple avenues to try to find resolutions to legitimate issues. Every time, it's nothing but a stone wall of bs.

I'm still livid after spending real money to earn fan rewards a couple months back. I bought the gold. I spent the gold. At the time, they only showed the rewards up to 20k gold spent. Once you spent 20k, they revealed stretch picks up to 30k.

I went all in that weekend. I had a super bonus reliever at 30k per K. I had tons of gold already. And, I desperately needed to upgrade my middle infield and add one more quality outfielder.

As soon as I got an offer for a mountain, I jumped on it to go for a Prime Simmons at SS. When I got another offer a couple minutes later, I bought that too.

I beasted all weekend. Finished 1st individually in my bracket. Club finished 3rd. Spent 35k in gold. But, I never got all of my players from the Fan Rewards.

At the time, I didn't realize the rewards are issued automatically after you reach the tier. When I didn't get them instantly, I assumed they would come at the conclusion of the event. My spending meter showed the gold I had spent.

At the end of the event, I didn't get anything either. So, I contacted customer service. They admitted there was a glitch that weekend. The developers were working on it. It shouldn't happen again.

When I asked if they planned on adding the earned players to my team, they told me unfortunately the event had ended before I spoke up. They couldn't do anything. And, they didn't offer refunds.

I never asked for a refund. I simply asked if they could go into my account and verify my claims then give me the players. More than a month. No. Dice. Can't be done. (Bullshit) I know for a fact they can and have fixed those issues.

I spent real money. They stonewalled me. Then closed me out without any resolution.

Two weeks after that, they update and I lose my whole team. Takes almost two weeks to get it back. Not a word of apology or regret. Nothing.

As I've said before, I enjoy the game. It's an aesthetically pleasing game with fun game play in most modes.

But, they have real big issues beyond the graphics and concept that need to be addressed with utmost haste or they won't have a 2019 version. At least they don't have a lot of carry over players.

They're at a point now where they really need to start offering players only boxes with a guaranteed bonus player, even if the majority of the bonus players only score 1k per hit or K.

If blue leopard can help get things done, he should. If he can't, he shouldn't hold himself out as someone who can.
  • Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Guys are upset and pissed off, it happens. No one is telling you to pull or play. Sure it sucks, but its a game. Dont play and stop the complaining. Some people pull well, other can pull 100 and get nothing. Have 1 guy that is 0 for like 70 now in last 2 weekends. It happens, get over it. We also had someone pull Nolan last week in 1 pull, Willie the week before on Mini boxes in 3 pulls. IT HAPPENS. Stop complaining about it.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    dkarski87 said:

Guys are upset and pissed off, it happens. No one is telling you to pull or play. Sure it sucks, but its a game. Dont play and stop the complaining. Some people pull well, other can pull 100 and get nothing. Have 1 guy that is 0 for like 70 now in last 2 weekends. It happens, get over it. We also had someone pull Nolan last week in 1 pull, Willie the week before on Mini boxes in 3 pulls. IT HAPPENS. Stop complaining about it.

If you don't like reading someone's complaints, perhaps you don't click on a discussion that has a headline that would lead any reasonable person to believe the contents of the discussion would include complaining.

Move along.

• Options
    Go cry to someone else maybe, all you do is complain and complain. You dont like it, stop playing. Horrible man, its a dam game. Geez.
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @miggyrising on the subject of you not getting the players from fan rewards and GLU admitting it was a glitch I side with you 100% and GLU should have at the minimum credited you back the gold spent. As far as @blueleopard "getting things done" the only time I've seen an offer of direct assistance is during the recent update where iOS users were locked out and blue offered to get them back in if they sent a PM. It still doesn't mean he/she has a direct access to those features as it could simply mean that blue can get in touch with devs faster and get things done.

Even if blue was one of the developers do you really think that the decisions we are unsatisfied with would be his/her call? Not sure how high up the food chain blue is but any game changing decision that would have a direct result on revenue would hardly be up to the developers themselves/alone.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    Look everyone, the volunteer assistant to the regional forum decency police chief has issued an edict on proper internet etiquette.

Tell me more @dkarski87. I'm interested in your opinion. No, really.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    @dkarski87 we should try and keep it civil. @miggyrising has every right to voice his concerns and this forum is meant as a place to do that. I wasn't disagreeing with him and was just trying to point out that maybe everyone is jumping on the bandwagon of blaming one GLU employee due to his posts.

• Options
    edited August 2018
    @Houmy I see your point. You're likely quite correct. But, you miss 100 percent of the shots you don't take. If there's even a remote chance Blue can help, it's worth the Hail Mary.

All of this could easily be fixed with an actual commitment on GLU's part to actual customer service. And, I'm not talking about disempowered experts who can't actually fix anything.
  • Options
    lol hes a comic too, @houmy sure I agree with what he says hands down. But if you all you do on here is complain and complain then dont play. Simple, voice your concerns but to a degree.
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    dkarski87 said:

lol hes a comic too, @houmy sure I agree with what he says hands down. But if you all you do on here is complain and complain then dont play. Simple, voice your concerns but to a degree.

To what degree? Teach me, oh fount of wisdom, how one should determine the appropriate level of voicing concerns.

Let's pretend I own a restaurant. You come in and order a steak. An hour later, my waiter comes out and serves everyone else their food. You ask where your food is. He tells you the cook messed up your order and they had to throw it away.

What do you logically do?

You first ask if they are cooking you a new one that'll be out in a minute. No. They're not. The order has already left the kitchen. There's nothing they can do. They tried to make you a steak. The chef has been made aware of the problem. Hopefully, it won't happen again.

Regardless, here's your bill. I still expect you to pay for the steak you ordered, even if it was never delivered and you never got a steak.

Not only would you refuse to pay the presented bill, you'd never spend another penny in my establishment unless I did something amazing to change your mind. Even then, you might not.

In fact, I can guarantee you'd spend a fair amount of time complaining to anyone who'd listen. You'd be on TripAdvisor, Yelp, Open Table, and Facebook savaging my establishment. And, rightfully so.
  • Options

………... order a steak.....

MEAT IS MURDER!!!

• Options
    SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    I've seen some pretty inflamed complaints from many participants in this forum, including those that go after others for doing the same thing - complaining. Let's not be hypocritical about this. Having said that, it might be a good idea to relax a little and be measured and polite in any posts being made, There are legitimate complaints being made, there are complaints that go beyond common sense, there are complaints from user error (what used to be called "the nut behind the wheel" hehe) etc. People are frustrated. I think many of us are experiencing a degradation of what we once enjoyed probably too much. I started playing in 2016, got in with a good bunch of guys one by one as a club was formed. Soon the hacking and cheating in the game was so prevalent it was a case of join them or just walk away. When 2018 came out only two of us joined together to play as the others scattered in the wind and we decided to keep the club very small to prevent hackers and cheaters from getting us into trouble without our knowledge. Fast forward to today and the cheating is a minor thorn in people's sides, it's the game itself that is the problem. Too many glitches, freezes, crashes, failed updates and now, the feeling of being robbed blind. This feeling is more severe for some than it is for others, but there does seem to be a growing consensus that there's something wrong with our chances of getting a decent result once in awhile from the gold/money spent. Why just today I got Pablo Sandoval twice from the Signatures box lol. Bottom line is a large number of people are unhappy. Unless and until there are changes made to several aspects of this game, it appears people will just stop playing...and it's happening already. There are several people today, me included, that have spent more time in this forum than in the game, partly because we've decided not to play the weekend prime event anymore. Anyway, as usual I've droned on and on and need to shut up. Let's just be civil with each other, air our complaints in a calm and respectful manner, and maybe put together a laundry list of priorities that Glu needs to address before this game becomes a sinking ship. People are passionate about this game, but eventually if frustration exceeds the joy, it will be game over.
    It's all done with mirrors
  • Options
    Hear hear, I apologize to the previous poster. I myself am also not playing the weekend event. I dont need any of those weekend players and not wasting gold on them. When my good friend @houmy is upset then I feel I did cross aline with my comments. My apologies to @miggyrising.
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    buaya123buaya123 Registered Users, Member 106 Posts
    I honestly doubt any developer has the authority to resolve your issues by directly making changes in the system. Normally only customer support folks can do that. This is based on my experience working in CS myself. Anyway, I have uninstalled the game today. Good luck everyone.
  • Options
    bravesfanlabravesfanla Registered Users, Member 249 Posts
    buaya123 said:
    I honestly doubt any developer has the authority to resolve your issues by directly making changes in the system. Normally only customer support folks can do that. This is based on my experience working in CS myself. Anyway, I have uninstalled the game today. Good luck everyone.
    On the verge of losing two of the top guys in my club. I understand the frustration. Hopefully things will get ironed out  sooner than later. 
    Tap tap tap tap it in
  • Options
    spicedaddy30spicedaddy30 Registered Users, Member 141 Posts
    I firmly believe .. that all of these complaints could be solved easily .. just pick your boogers instead of fingering your screen and everyone shall be happy . Ever seen someone picking boogers unhappy or complaining ? I rest my case lol
  • Options
    spicedaddy30spicedaddy30 Registered Users, Member 141 Posts
    In all seriousness though . I was planning to boycott... But . Mantle . I had to . Not that I had any luck . But I sure did gain a boatload of legend xp
  • Options
    Well I for one bought my last 30% off mountain yesterday and no more $$$ from me. It's getting out of control this year with GLU wanting you to spend every single day now. There will still be some that keep spending thinking they'll achieve something of course and more power to them and GLU but 18 has been a fiasco the way GLU has managed it and I for one am bowing out. If things change in 19 I'll spend again but not too hopeful of that.

• Options
    @houmy same here my friend. Its getting bad, I have not bought one in over 2 months and will not buy again. Every event is a new player it seems like, as 10 variations of each one. Its stupid. Trust me Im with everyone on the odds and boxes and getting crap. Ive been there probably more then most.
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    Just to add my less than 2 cents, I bought 5 signature prime boxes and got Judge, Sandoval twice, Russell and XP.... Judge was on my B or C team so he stayed, the rest traded in. I also bought 5 Bonus boxes just because, and got all XP. Because I have 3 teams, I received 3 freebie boxes yesterday and again today.... and I got Severino, Albies, and Stanton who are all max 360 guys for bonus points. I haven't been playing, just doing some videos and talking too much on here ;)
    I'm only doing WOH, derby and maybe CvC if I level up the club for the better rewards but it's really hitting home that all I'm doing is playing and opening boxes to get better hitters so that I can win better hitters. So gold will be only required to level up players and for boosts etc. Buying boxes etc?, nah.... opening freebies? sure. Wonder if I'll get nothing but 85k cash for the legends boxes like I usually do, when they come from the twitter drive that seems to be working.... anyway, there's a lot of us on the same page it seems regarding this game and so we'll see if the message finally hits head office and they do something.... if it isn't already too late for the many long time players.
    It's all done with mirrors
  • Options
    HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
    @Houmy after this weekend, I feel as if I am too done spending money for the foreseeable future. It's a shame that game that can bring so much enjoyment can also bring someone to question whether they're being treated fairly.
  • Options
    @Haraycaray it's not a matter of being treated unfairly to me. It's just the fact that with the new structure I just don't see a point to it any longer. The fun is no longer there.

• Options
    seven1treyseven1trey Registered Users, Member 34 Posts
    I found this game in the app store a few months ago and initially I really enjoyed it, but lately it has only caused me a lot of aggravation. I'm only still in it because the guys in my club are pretty cool and I have already spent a good chunk of money on it. This seemed like such a good sub because there is no licensed MLB baseball game worth a damn on Xbox One, but I think after this game has run its course I am gonna dust off the old PS2 and dig up my MVP Baseball game and go back to that. 

This really really seems like there is just no way to be successful unless you are willing to shell out cash. My offers have gotten largely useless and the videos are notoriously unreliable so buying gold is about the only way I can compete. So I buy the gold, just to get smoked on these boxes. I understand the math, i just wish the odds were a little more friendly. I dont mind paying for a fun game, its not like the Xbox and PS are free, but the odds kicking my butt are taking the shine off this game for me.
  • Options
    MISSREDMISSRED Registered Users, Member 251 Posts
    I ranted about all this last week snd got mocked and called a baby... Now everybody agrees... Maybe im just smarter then most? Maybe i saw the problem before anyone else? 

If the games not inclusive, you will exclude players. Then your revenue will drop. Guys volunteer to leave clubs or get kicked because they cant score without these annointed players. When they part from that club, they feel no obligation to play and contribute. Over time without loyalty to a club, they play less and less and walk away ventually.  

Provide players of various values for various prices. Make it so everyone can contribute something. This game is zero fun when you lose. And lately everyone is losing. My club is gold 7 and finished 32nd i think with 11million pts. That tells me very few did well or had any luck at all. Maybe they all just quit? 

Stop worrying about twitter and please save your cash cow app. Its not to late to fix it. But 2 weeks straight now its been getting worse. 

"If a man gives you his best, what more can you ask him to give".
  • Options
    bigbacondizzle23bigbacondizzle23 Registered Users, Member 54 Posts
    Had a decent weekend nothing like the big boys but i and our club did ok with what we had