Options

Royale rewards for 10-10-18!!

Comments

• Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    I guess not too many got Edmonds in my bracket for prime event.

"Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I’m currently 1-6 vs Verlander, Severino is killing me though I’m 6-almost 25 or 30 using Merrifield or Altuve because he has LHB skill, hating that I have no evo to level Banks right now.
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @Houmy Dude, you've been RAKING! 'Grats buddy!
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    @dfbb thank you buddy. Us peasants gotta do something to catch up to you. Being gold sucks for having LXP though. Only had enough for Silver 1.

• Options
    MacGruberMacGruber Registered Users, Member 158 Posts
    POTM, reeeeeaaallly want Edmonds
  • Options
    snowy24snowy24 Registered Users, Member 304 Posts
    I am in desparate need of legend XP. : ) Oh and evo. Thought I would never say evo. Lol. 
  • Options
    redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    Now 2-10 vs Verlander and scored Edmonds and now I need even more evo.... Banks, Correa, now Edmonds lol need 102 evo to level them all up.
  • Options
    nym5fannym5fan Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    After giving up on WoH and cycling slugfest for a while, I gave it one last hoorah with an hour left to go and beat it on the video restart. Got POTM Trout. Hopefully that will help make Monday's WoH event a little easier. 
    From Wentz he came, he shall be returned!
  • Options
    mynolesrockmynolesrock Registered Users, Member 45 Posts
    lol Kiefer Sutherland, I like it snowy.
  • Options
    nym5fan said:
    "Used to" meaning you could use a closer yourself for slugfest now... right? Lets switch! lol.
    Ahhhh I would if we could buddy. I only play slugfest through level 5 now for the xp and then play WOH rest of the way. You get less XP that way versus multi cycling slugfest but slugfest was just getting too tedious to me so I stopped cycling 3 weeks ago.

• Options
    nym5fannym5fan Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    All good @Houmy. I beat it finally lol. 2k gold used and got 1.4k value player... Not the best trade off but if it helps me beat it on Monday it was worth it. 
    From Wentz he came, he shall be returned!
  • Options
    midnightmaraudermidnightmarauder Registered Users, Member 122 Posts
    landed Edmonds and Puig. They are very similar stat wise since that sig Puig went up to 460. R batter with skill against R pitcher too. dope. That legend XP for Edmonds is not easy to come by tho...
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    @midnightmarauder yes that Puig is nice. Since the Braves are out of the series now I am hoping for LA to go all the way as now I have both Puig & Maeda and if memory serves right they would then be max 478 which is higher than most legends. Still waiting on my Maeda to change though from 440.

EDIT: As @dkarski87 was kind enough to point out the max will be 485 if they win the whole thing.

• Options
    SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    @Houmy Freeman waa raised to max 450 last night for me so your Maeda should be as well
    It's all done with mirrors
  • Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Yeap they should all be raised to their current levels. My lindor was also raised to his 450 level. Too bad they got blown out by the defending champs. Well for all of us who got Correa or Puig, I will take either or if they win the world series. a 485max prime is a solid as they come.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    @Sandpipers I checked again just now and he's still at 440 which is strange as my Klubber did go up to 450 last night. Klubber also has the prime banner now which was missing before when he was offered in WOH on Monday.

• Options
    Same here @dkarski87. Got Correa & Puig on inactive and waiting to see how high they go before I decide on leveling them up.

• Options
    @houmy, I leveled up Puig.,and even tho his hit rating isn't the greatest he is a beast none the less at that rating for a prime. I wish they would do more astros though. My 425 berg doesn't look that good anymore, I would love him as a sign prime though.  ;)
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Guys... I sunk 12 hours of my life and about 7-8 thousand gold in boosts and restarts into WOH yesterday and still didn't beat it. Very defeating. Can you give me some tips on how to beat this thing? My level is silver and team strength is 62k. I got to the last guy (Verlander, rated 154) and was using my 198 rated Yelich with 20% boost and could not beat him. Did roughly 30 restarts in a row and nothing... many times I would restart, buy the 20% bonus, get all fastballs and hit them directly to an outfielder for an easy fly out three times in a row. 

Do I just need a higher rated batter than the 198 rated Yelich to beat that last level? If so, what rating would do it? A legend player maybe? 
  • Options
    @dkarski87 same here with Bregman. I've got him as a sub now and to think at one point he was my pride and joy. As far as Puig goes I just want to see how high he goes before spending the XP as my OF is set and I wouldn't be able to use him there at 460.

• Options
    @JEDDDOGGY. The way woh is set up now, it can be beat with almost any 420max prime with the right pitches. I beat it on my scrub team with merrifield twice with ease. Maybe for a lot of us we have had months and months at WOH so we know what to expect in terms of timing and pitch sequences. Yelich should've have been more then enough to beat verlander, with no boosts.
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    @JEDDDOGGY Yelich with the 20% boost should have done it so I would chalk it up to a bad run of luck. Also I had instances yesterday where I would just go through Verlander without even getting one out and then on the next cycle it could take me 5 or 6 tries to beat him. On the next try I would suggest one video retry if you can't beat him and then restarting the level instead of using all that gold.

• Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Thanks, guys. I will just keep plugging away then! I restarted so many times because I had finally got to 5.10 when it was 20 minutes until the event ended and didn't want to start all the way over. Think I restarted 30+ times and did not even get close. Really wanted Jim Edmonds, but even if I would've won it looked like there was only a 10 percent chance to get him anyway. Just really mad that I sunk that much time and money into it and came away with nothing. Makes me want to not play anymore. :(
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    @JEDDDOGGY I know how you feel. It can get frustrating sometimes and before you know it you've spent all your gold. It's human nature I am afraid and sometimes I can't stop myself from overspending on gold for retries just to prove to the app that I have what it takes. I am against hacking in this game but the one hack I wouldn't mind is inserting a "cool down" timer so that I can only do so many retries in a certain time :unamused: 

• Options
    My record is 12k gold spent one WOH against Diaz. Using a capped ATG. Did not beat him, boosted the 80g each time and skill at 10%. That was a bad one for me. So it happens to all of us. Keep your head up.
    Best to take advantage of WOH while we can because we all know whats coming soon. No more g3 rd10 players, back to g10 and unhittable curve balls and pitch sequences. Enjoy it while we can.
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @JEDDDOGGY The problem with the potm Yelich is that he has a very poor bonus skill. He can get it done, of course, but odds are not in your favor. Myself and a host of others have considerably better bats and Verlander was still a pain in silver. 

I know WoH can be very frustrating. Just keep plugging away and it will eventually break your way.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    @DFBB, time to level up buddy! ;), Seasons almost over, what are you waiting for?
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    I think @DFBB is gonna be silver for life with all those legends. I only have 4 myself and am considering holding a sign in the forms reading "WILL BAT FOR LXP" :smirk: 

• Options
    SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    @JEDDDOGGY as one who struggled for a long time with woh, and have finally turned the corner, I agree wholeheartedly about not doing the repeated gold restarts as you will not get to the promised land. One or two restarts and if it isn't there, restart the level. I know how it feels like you won't get back to 5.10 to try again, and if you dont, so be it. You'll feel better knowing that you still have most of your gold to fight another day. Keep with it, learn the pitch sequences, and keep looking for better hitters. I got back to verlander twice yesterday after cycling and couldn't beat him again... the last effort I did multiple gold restarts because I had other commitments and knew I had no time to play the level again.... and best I got to was 4-5, otherwise not even close. So, not only did I not get Edmonds, I blew gold unnecessarily.
    It's all done with mirrors
  • Options
    midnightmaraudermidnightmarauder Registered Users, Member 122 Posts
    @JEDDDOGGY a couple other tips - different players seem to have better or worse luck at getting a good pitch sequence. a L batter against a R pitcher is always helpful. also a skill that's always on for WOH (like 7th inning on, or vs. R or L pitcher) is a big plus.

oh and i ALWAYS try to hit opposite field, way less pop-ups and double plays... your swing timing is just as important in WOH as Slugfest, it's just different timing.

a couple other things - curves are basically unhittable, I've more or less taken to not even swinging if there's a chance of a double play or hoping for a walk. If the pitcher throws a ball first pitch there's a high likelihood he'll walk you if you just lay off the pitches.

Lately I've been spending 240+80 gold to cycle the first time and then just video replays/boosts to cycle multiple times. Last night I did rage spend about 1200 gold when I was stuck, but ended up getting all 4 players so was worth it.