Options

Holy smokers!!! Woh Royale with THE Babe!!!

124Next

Comments

• Options
    SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    I just wanted The Babe, join the club as it were, but just to have him would have been too awesome. I got Correa and I'm good with that but actually want/need an upgrade at catcher and 2B and also would lIke a switch hitter.
    I'm finding my impatience getting in the way sometimes and swing probably a tick or two too early which has increased my failures getting past the trickier pitchers. It's tough waiting on fastballs with some of these guys coz you don't know if you'll see enough of them in the round. Having said that, I've really noticed the last little while that often no two 98mph (or whatever speed) fastballs coming down the middle, are the same. Visually, one will look slower than another. I used to be able to smack homers off the first fastball I got, now I often get dribbling grounders or flyouts and so find myself having to try and pick which fastball to go for....meaning pitch sequence matters just within fastballs too. I'll force myself to be a little more patient on my swing but picking which fastball to go for is gonna be a lot more challenging.
    It's all done with mirrors
  • Options
    MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    DFBB said:
    @midnightmarauder The one from WoH is the game changer version. The one today is the prime sig. 

@tocopan18 I think @Metsicans' comments about being annoyed was a bit tongue in cheek. The game is now set up rather well. Gold+ teams have a MUCH easier time in WoH and CvC(assuming you can cap players), but of course, they need a lot more resources than silver/bronze players. Personally, as soon as I'm able to save enough lxp for the Babe and Mantle, I'm going gold. The game centers around WoH and gold is now the new silver; the sweet spot for tsb!

Yes, it was tongue in cheek.  There's no harm in staying silver.  In the end I've had a good experience in gold, it's just so pricy in terms of resources. Staying silver just seemed lame to me at the time, but when i saw the cost of going platinum, I realized I would be doing the same thing at gold as many of you are doing at silver.    
  • Options
    Houmy said:
    The video thing @Houmy and other freezing/crashing really sucks... I was lucky in that it mostly happened early in the level and only one video crash total ... my problem was getting stymied by the severino twins round after round...I had to keep changing batters to get past the skip in the lp lol
    In credit to GLU CS every time something like this has happened and I opened a ticket for it they did reimburse me the gold lost due to this issue so kudos to them for that and all other times they have come through for me.

I think that is a VIP thing.  I've never had any luck with a gold refund even though the video crashing happens all the time. 
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @Metsicans VIP or not I was referring to my own past experiences.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Metsicans said:
    Houmy said:
    The video thing @Houmy and other freezing/crashing really sucks... I was lucky in that it mostly happened early in the level and only one video crash total ... my problem was getting stymied by the severino twins round after round...I had to keep changing batters to get past the skip in the lp lol
    In credit to GLU CS every time something like this has happened and I opened a ticket for it they did reimburse me the gold lost due to this issue so kudos to them for that and all other times they have come through for me.

I think that is a VIP thing.  I've never had any luck with a gold refund even though the video crashing happens all the time. 
    I’m a VIP who was shut down by CS and not used a refund on gold spent/lost due to crashes
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited October 2018
    @Sandpipers there's also the what I call "corner" fastballs and off-speed pitches that come at you straight, but just on the corner of the plate. I have a hard time laying off of those, because it looks like a straight pitch. In my experience, those are even worse than the curve balls. Have never gotten a hit off of one of those whereas the curve it seems I have at least a minute (< 5 percent) chance of getting a hit if I swing late enough.
  • Options
    SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    @Sandpipers there's also the what I call "corner" fastballs and off-speed pitches that come at you straight, but just on the corner of the plate. I have a hard time laying off of those, because it looks like a straight pitch. In my experience, those are even worse than the curve balls. Have never gotten a hit off of one of those whereas the curve it seems I have at least a minute (< 5 percent) chance of getting a hit if I swing late enough.
    We'd be able to lay off more if we didn't get 9 of them in a row sometimes. Those inside or outside corner pitches are mixed in with the curves/sliders so you're basically screwed regardless. At least with the sweeping curve you have a good chance for an rbi by hitting it deep enough
    It's all done with mirrors
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Those corner curves/fastballs/change ups=death. Most of the time, I don't even bother swinging unless there are runners on base. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options

The worst are those curves that start outside the strike zone on side, end outside the strike zone on the opposite side, but (allegedly) clip the corner of the plate for a nanosecond on that path. I've never hit one of those. 

I am finding that I am hitting more sliders/curves than ever before, though.  I'm not sure if that is because of Posada's 309 hit rating, which is about 30 points higher than anyone else I have. 

• Options
    tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    @DFBB I always assumed WOH was harder for gold, even though the players have better rankings. Was I wrong then? I mean, lately in silver I'm seeing the 5.10 pitcher with an overall around 153-173 most of the time.

• Options
    MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    edited October 2018
    tocopan18 said:
    @DFBB I always assumed WOH was harder for gold, even though the players have better rankings. Was I wrong then? I mean, lately in silver I'm seeing the 5.10 pitcher with an overall around 153-173 most of the time.

The idea is if your players are maxed whether it be Silver 10 or Gold 10 then difference or advantage over the pitcher is much greater in gold then in silver therefore easier.  If that makes sense.

For example:

Max was 206 gold and 156 silver 

Ill use Boggs as an example    287 gold and 216 silver  

Assuming no Skill boost 81 OVR difference in gold and 50 in Silver.    Somewhat significant difference.

• Options
    tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    yeap, it does.
    Unfortunately it would take me lots and lots of lxp, pxp, evo, gold and cash to make my team competitive in gold, so I think I will stay in silver for a long time
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @tocopan18 Yes, I have friends that cycle gold rather easily. Another friend of mine just went gold and was able to cycle it twice without spending any gold...and he only had three gold bats(all capped-puig/Muncy/turner). The rest of his bats were still silver. As a comparison, that same friend, had a difficult time cycling woh with those same players.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    tocopan18 said:

The idea is if your players are maxed whether it be Silver 10 or Gold 10 then difference or advantage over the pitcher is much greater in gold then in silver therefore easier.  If that makes sense.

For example:

Assuming no Skill boost 81 OVR difference in gold and 50 in Silver.    Somewhat significant difference.

60 difference not 50.  I can’t math apparently 

• Options
    redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    Those sliders/curveballs we’re able to actually do something with are “hangers”, I took one of them for a strike one round and got the meatball on the next pitch they look different and I’d say just a hair slower too than the All too familiar ones we don’t hit at all.  As far as yesterday went I went 5 for 17 and got McGriff with 35 min left in the event.
  • Options
    bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    tocopan18 said:

For example:

Each ratio represents a difference of 28%.  They are exactly the same.
  • Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    bigvivec said:
    tocopan18 said:

For example:

Each ratio represents a difference of 28%.  They are exactly the same.
    Yes, but I’d gladly take 28% of an extra large pizza instead of 28% of a personal pan pizza