Options

WOH 12/12/18

Comments

• Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Wow, phew.... Jansen is tough. Finally got him on 11th try with 500 max double skill Yelich who probably has had a 90 percent success rate at 5.10 for me since I got him. One time I led off the inning with 4 straight hits and then hit into a triple play. 

Got McCann, lulz....
  • Options
    nym5fannym5fan Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    tough pull after 11 tries @JEDDDOGGY at least you cycled tho!
    From Wentz he came, he shall be returned!
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Yeah I'm going to Gold tier right now lol we'll see what happens there (if it gets easier, I mean).
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    So the strangest thing happened to me for the 2nd time this week. Twice now this week, Monday & today, I have gone through 5.10 with no restarts and no recorded outs. Hit the record button as soon as I hit that game tying hit as honestly I wouldn't believe it myself if someone else claimed the same.

https://youtu.be/c5guv74EOow
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    PINKYSTARFISHPINKYSTARFISH Registered Users, Member 99 Posts
    Cycled twice so far . Most trouble with Verlander . 2/2 on Jansen. Funny how that works so differently from one player  to the other. McCann both times tho...boooo
  • Options
    effschmoo2effschmoo2 Registered Users, Member 184 Posts
    Nice houmy. I beat it once with yelich. Trying to get Williams boosted up to gold 10 today. Seems like you need 2 good hitters from each side of the plate to cycle multiple times lately. I’m weak at lefty, besides yelich at the top of my team. 
  • Options
     How high do you have their skills boosted? I stopped when it started costing legend xp. 
  • Options
    tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    Cycled and got Kemp. He will go to inactive after farming club bonus points today.
    Damn Jansen was tough, needed to retry several times.
  • Options
    Nice houmy. I beat it once with yelich. Trying to get Williams boosted up to gold 10 today. Seems like you need 2 good hitters from each side of the plate to cycle multiple times lately. I’m weak at lefty, besides yelich at the top of my team. 
    Thank you @effschmoo2 . I don't go past 10% on any of them as honestly the boost is only good for WOH and if you can't cycle with the 10% extra boost then you just aren't getting hittable pitches. Got Baines on the last cycle but he'll be traded in as I already have Giambi on DH.

• Options
    MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    The increase in difficulty is making the game less fun for me. The three straight curveball sequence. Increasingly fastballs hit for grounders. 1-5 on Jansen with 3 gold restarts with mantle boosted to 409 at gold. Was hoping for Ruth today or any ATG beside Mantle as I already have him and have pulled his duplicate already. Finally cycle... aaannd
    If it makes you feel better, I have one ATG — Mantle. And I also just pulled him on my second cycle.

It took me hundreds of cycles to win an ATG over the past couple months, and I somehow get Mantle twice. Unreal. 
  • Options
    ProbodybuilderProbodybuilder Registered Users 337 Posts
    Beat it once.  Wont let me again.  No fun today. 
  • Options
    nym5fannym5fan Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    Who are guys using against Jansen? 

Between Mauer (RISP & RHP), Lindor (RISP & LHP), Mantle (Late Inning & LHP), Williams (2 out & RHP); Who would you use? All are 16% boost on both skills. All of them are LHB or Both. 

I've been playing bonus games and made my way to level 5 now. 
    From Wentz he came, he shall be returned!
  • Options
    @nym5fan I used Mays on the first cycle as I was excepting a lefty and beat it with one video restart. Been using Teddy since.

• Options
    I used Mays the first time as well expecting snell. Got within one run but couldn’t get any pitches after that. Finally beat it with BF yelich. Now slowly going back through with Kemp. I hate this part. 
  • Options
    stevebalbonistevebalboni Registered Users, Member 108 Posts
    @Metsicans thanks meign. Next time there’s a non mantle atg, it’s manifest destiny that we will get it. 
  • Options
    MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Can confirm he's in there.  Couldn't believe it 

• Options
    ProbodybuilderProbodybuilder Registered Users 337 Posts
    Got MCann twice. 
  • Options
    BobbyFlayBobbyFlay Registered Users, Member 53 Posts
    I finally cycled after not being able to on Monday and pulled Kemp. I'll take it.
  • Options
    SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    2 for 3 on Jensen, got McCann twice of course grrrrr... Ryan still being an arse with curves... playing tourney games and McCann is hitting .124 lol
    It's all done with mirrors
  • Options
    thickagethickage Registered Users, Member 227 Posts
    I’ve cycled 5 times with Black Friday Yelich. A few times needed a restart. He’s the man. 

Got Kemp 5 times. So. Effing. MADD. 
  • Options
    fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    S F M🤞🏼 me too...what a joke😠
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    14 cycles...8x Vottos and 6x McCanns...18/42 on lxp boxes too. :(
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    3rd cycle after McCann twice.....sweet!
  • Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    I haven’t been able to get past 5-7 yet after cycling the last 2 times. Ugh 
  • Options
    jpuck6190jpuck6190 Registered Users, Member 156 Posts
    Wow i used 2 skill trout around 1pm today expecting a lefty and beat jansen no problem with no restarts my first time through and pulled kemp. Now im 0-6 against chapman my second time through. i just dont understand this game at all sometimes.

does it get more difficult the second time through or as the day goes on? Ive been regularly cycling for about a month and a half now (especially against ohtani) and it seems like sometimes i can only cycle once and others 5 or 6 times no problem. Same with monday vs. royale day sometimes mondays are hard sometimes Wednesday. any rhyme or reason to this?
  • Options
    BobbyFlayBobbyFlay Registered Users, Member 53 Posts
    jpuck6190 said:
    Wow i used 2 skill trout around 1pm today expecting a lefty and beat jansen no problem with no restarts my first time through and pulled kemp. Now im 0-6 against chapman my second time through. i just dont understand this game at all sometimes.

does it get more difficult the second time through or as the day goes on? Ive been regularly cycling for about a month and a half now (especially against ohtani) and it seems like sometimes i can only cycle once and others 5 or 6 times no problem. Same with monday vs. royale day sometimes mondays are hard sometimes Wednesday. any rhyme or reason to this?
    Something is up with Chapman today. I started out 0 for 6 against him with 490 Lindor.
  • Options
    thickagethickage Registered Users, Member 227 Posts
    7 cycles. 6 Kemps. 1 McCann. Irony is I already owned McCann. If it weren’t for all the XP and cash rewards along the way, this game would be just plain silly! :)
  • Options
    After 5 cycles, I have 2 x McCann, 2 x Kemp and 1 x Baines (I would never waste legend xp in DH, not worth it)
  • Options
    MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    tocopan18 said:
    After 5 cycles, I have 2 x McCann, 2 x Kemp and 1 x Baines (I would never waste legend xp in DH, not worth it)

I tend to agree on Baines...but he has two active skills for RHPs at 5.10. So I’m thinking about it. 
  • Options
    The RISP skill is not active all the time, just with runners in 2B or 3B.
    He may be a good fir for some people but I already have plenty of lefties (Babe 520, Teddy 490, Damon 490), so another power lefty that costs legend xp is not a good idea. That Trout on the other hand, 510 and the 2 skills, may be interesting.