Options

WOH 12/12/18

13Next

Comments

• Options
    redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I haven’t had as much time to play as I would normally and I’m 3 for 4 so far with Gallo at 11% on both skills with a 20% boost, 2x Votto, 1x Kemp so far.  Votto was actually an upgrade Kemp not so much and with 100M done by the club today not going to level him.
  • Options
    whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    Pulled mc cann, brutal even using bf yelich got one winnable sequence 
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Well GLU was showing me some love tonight as far as cycling goes. 3 cycles with no restarts and no outs on 5.10. Got votto 4 out of 7 times but tonight was all about the XP as I wouldn't level up any of the prizes anyway. 

https://youtu.be/8SQtcdQ0rUE
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    PINKYSTARFISHPINKYSTARFISH Registered Users, Member 99 Posts
    Through 5 times total. First 3 McCann, then a Votto and a Mantle . I had the last two already from previous Woh . No version 49 Trout for me . Xp is a nice reward no less. 
  • Options
    tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    Mantle keeps eluding me.
    Cycled 7 times total and got 3 x Kemp, 2 x McCann and 2 x Baines. None made my team. A total waste of a day except for the pxp and lxp I got through all those cycles and boxes.
  • Options
    redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    Ended up 4-6 today with 2 Vottos and 2 Kemp pulls, over 65k prime and 41k legend exp, spent around 1500 gold on the event itself and 420 leveling Votto and still have around 1100 left, Ryan was the real gatekeeper for me today as Gallo blasted Jansen I’ve never seen that many fastballs in my entire life though I suspect with gold + skill boost making him 410 overall vs the 263 had a bit to do with it.
  • Options
    MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Ended up 14 cycles today got Trout and Baines twice,
    the rest was a combination of the other 3.   After I got Trout I used him and Babe for Jansen and Trout did decent against him. 
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Came up empty with players, err, good players. Final count was: 11x Mccann, 9x Vottos, and 2x Kemps. :(
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    Crazy @DFBB
    3-6 on jensen, 2 x McCann and 1 x Kemp. Ryan forced a video restart every time except my first and last attempt. Needed 1 gold restart on each of the 3 wins with Jensen. Every pitcher from 5.7 on that I tied forced extra innings, despite having 2 or 3 risp and only 1 or no outs... pia. Anyway, same old same old.
    It's all done with mirrors
  • Options
    JdotChristopherJdotChristopher Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    Crazy @DFBB
    3-6 on jensen, 2 x McCann and 1 x Kemp. Ryan forced a video restart every time except my first and last attempt. Needed 1 gold restart on each of the 3 wins with Jensen. Every pitcher from 5.7 on that I tied forced extra innings, despite having 2 or 3 risp and only 1 or no outs... pia. Anyway, same old same old.
    I was in the same boat today.  I was saying last week that the only time I would beat 5.10 was after 1 gold restart.  If I didn’t spend any gold for a restart, I wouldn’t get a pitch to hit.  The second I forced a restart with gold, fastballs all day long lol the fix is on!  
  • Options
    ReadingFightingPhilsReadingFightingPhils Registered Users, Member 305 Posts
    I lost my shirt yesterday.  I was able to cycle 1 time, got McCann.  I was using bf yelich with both skills as 15, and bf harper with both skills at 9.  Was getting destroyed by Jansen and I spent way too much gold on boosts and gold retrys.  All in All I spent about 4k gold for one completed cycle.  Going to have to put a budget on myself, but those three xp boxes were so tempting.  At one point, I felt like an addict and had to put the phone down.  
  • Options
    whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    So I just started being able to cycle multiple times, except yesterday because I had work. Which I stupidly spent allot of gold I coulda put towards evo trying to force it. Is gold boosts really necessary to get a good sequence more often or do you think it’s luck of the draw? 
  • Options
    ProbodybuilderProbodybuilder Registered Users 337 Posts
    whammo911 said:
    So I just started being able to cycle multiple times, except yesterday because I had work. Which I stupidly spent allot of gold I coulda put towards evo trying to force it. Is gold boosts really necessary to get a good sequence more often or do you think it’s luck of the draw? 
    I feel like im using a wet noodle for a bat without the gold boosts.  Others say it doesnt matter...
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited December 2018
    Finished with 11 cycles yesterday, got McCann 8 times Kemp 2 times and Baines 1 time.

Last 5 WOHs since Black Friday sales where I loaded up with buying all 3 of Lindor, Harper and Yelich I have cycled probably between 60 and 80 times total and have not gotten any of the top reward players. I think my app is messed up? LOL
  • Options
    thickagethickage Registered Users, Member 227 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Finished with 11 cycles yesterday, got McCann 8 times Kemp 2 times and Baines 1 time.

Last 5 WOHs since Black Friday sales where I loaded up with buying all 3 of Lindor, Harper and Yelich I have cycled probably between 60 and 80 times total and have not gotten any of the top reward players. I think my app is messed up? LOL
    Same here - I haven’t had anyone that could even make my current roster. Was really hoping for that 500 Altuve and yesterday’s 520 Mantle. Not even close. Pulling the same stiffs multiple times. 
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    whammo911 said:
    @whammo911 there have been times I have spent zero gold on boosts and restarts and was still able to cycle 6 or 7 times. I know that sometimes you think the game won't let you cycle unless you spend an x amount of gold, and I have made that claim myself in the past, but I think it's just the frustration getting to us.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    Houmy said:
    whammo911 said:
    @whammo911 there have been times I have spent zero gold on boosts and restarts and was still able to cycle 6 or 7 times. I know that sometimes you think the game won't let you cycle unless you spend an x amount of gold, and I have made that claim myself in the past, but I think it's just the frustration getting to us.

I think Glu definitely screws with us, not individually of course but through their programming. On Monday I cycled 7 times, all it cost me was the price of boosts. Yesterday it was 3 cycles for 2k gold, and on my 4th try, there was basically nothing I could do — Jansen stopped throwing fastballs. I’m using the same guys and the same tactics (paying for boosts at 5.10, r/l matchups, etc.). The player skill, to the extent that even matters, did not change. 

What was different? I pulled Mantle and Baines in those three cycles, on Monday I pulled junk. The fastballs dried up yesterday, they never did on Monday. 

I’m not very tech savvy, but it certainly seems some backend programming is making the difference. 
  • Options
    cubschampions2016cubschampions2016 Registered Users, Member 117 Posts
    Metsicans said:
    Houmy said:
    whammo911 said:

I think Glu definitely screws with us, not individually of course but through their programming. On Monday I cycled 7 times, all it cost me was the price of boosts. Yesterday it was 3 cycles for 2k gold, and on my 4th try, there was basically nothing I could do — Jansen stopped throwing fastballs. I’m using the same guys and the same tactics (paying for boosts at 5.10, r/l matchups, etc.). The player skill, to the extent that even matters, did not change. 

What was different? I pulled Mantle and Baines in those three cycles, on Monday I pulled junk. The fastballs dried up yesterday, they never did on Monday. 

I’m not very tech savvy, but it certainly seems some backend programming is making the difference. 
    I beat snell twice with gold on Monday and got altuve, trout, and Gennett but yesterday I couldn’t touch Jansen. He was unhittable. Versed him like 15 times but didn’t win once. Got to within 2 runs once and the other 4 times was no runs scored or one run scored 
  • Options
    thickagethickage Registered Users, Member 227 Posts
    Metsicans said:

I smell some BS on Glu's part, for sure. Monday seemed easier overall. Wednesday I cycled more times but it cost me more in gold restarts. I have a BF Yelich with skill boosts at 20 each (40 overall) AND I used the 80g/20% boost on top of that - Yelich was boosted about 70% total (that's a 544 hit rating and 496 overall rating) and he should have seen nothing but meatballs.

My first cycle went easy enough, but cycles 2-7 were beastly - at one point Jansen threw 9 straight untouchable breaking balls to end that round. At any point I was down two outs I'd see nothing but untouchable breaking balls. The fix was in, folks. Ain't nobody can look me straight in the face and say my capped gold Yelich with 70% skill boost shouldn't at least have a fighting chance. 

Every team upgrade has been fully maxed and my Brewers pennants are a respectable 52/60. Yelich should dominate ANY righty with a 70% boost, but that was the case only the first cycle. 

I also tried Yelich without the gold boost as it seems hit or miss whether the gold boost actually makes it more difficult and I will say i couldn't drive one to the wall and most of the balls in play were weak grounders or weak popups when I didn't use the boost (i.e. there was a noticeable difference with the gold boost).

• Options
    bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    edited December 2018
    Houmy said:
    whammo911 said:
    FWIW I cycled 5 times for this event and used no gold.  All team upgrades are maxed, used Yelich at 23% skill boost and pennants are maxed.  

Fodder for another thread;  I found that once pennants were maxed there was a noticeable uptick in pulling better pitch sequences regularly, even from 56-57/60 to full max.  I think it makes a difference but can't quantify it.  

My theory on the gold boosts being detrimental is NOT based on how the ball behaves in the video, banging off the walls or super hard hit grounders.  The bottom line is whether or not you pull a winning sequence, regardless of how the graphics and the sequences are laid out.  I believe you either have a winning chance or you don't from the time you enter the round before the first pitch is thrown.  In this vein, it seems that I do not get a winning sequence as often when I add a gold boost, though I do hit the ball "harder".

Luck of the draw exists, but team upgrades, player skills vs pitcher skills and pennants are major variables in the RNG algorithm determining whether you get a winnable pitching sequence IMO.