Options

WOH thread for 12/17/18

124Next

Comments

• Options
    JdotChristopherJdotChristopher Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    Houmy said:
    The only one in the box that I actually wanted (have Hank already) and got him on the last cycle with 10 minutes to spare. Some don't like spending LXP on pitchers but I don't really need any new batters and still have 200K LXP after this. A strong LR is also hard to come by and the equivalent of landing a good catcher IMO.

I’m glad I saw this!  I picked up Goose too and I didn’t even realize he was LR.  That’s an even better pickup than I initially thought.  
  • Options
    ReadingFightingPhilsReadingFightingPhils Registered Users, Member 305 Posts
    I was able to cycle 3 times (almost 4, ran out of time).  I got Ozuna 2 times and Bison.  I was able to get a ton of point with having the bonus guys right away and helped the club to our first top ten finish.
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    I’m up to somewhere in between 90 and 100 cycles since Black Friday and have yet to pull anything but the throwaway players and the lower level legends like Baines, Gossage. I haven’t ever wanted a player as bad as I’ve wanted that LL Trout. Hopefully he’ll show up here again.
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @JdotChristopher I didn't realize it myself either until I pulled him and saw LR next to his name. Wouldn't have evolved him otherwise. Already had a 410 there but getting this guy means I just need one more strong relief pitcher and I'll be set there. Kinda hoping for a Rollie Fingers to come around.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    did Anyone else notice after you put four runs on Jansen you would still get good fastballs but would ground out or hit a line drive right to the defense? Could just be me but after I made the adjustment after 4 runs to swing just a tiny bit later I never lost...just wondering if anyone else had this issue with him
  • Options
    thickagethickage Registered Users, Member 227 Posts
    @whammo911 Did Jansen have he two out skill? I noticed a different selection of pitches at two outs. 
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @Houmy If he wasn't an LR, I wouldn't have leveled him. Good LR pitchers are nice because they can go three innings without getting tired! That said, I'm lxp poor again....hoping to cap my Trout asap!
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    No I usually had one out, because I would forget sometimes and smack a fastball down the middle right to the second baseman or right fielder, then adjust the next pitches...could just be me and my poor cell signal