Options

WoH Royale for 12-19-18: LL Votto!!!

Comments

• Options
    Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    2 more cracks with Mantle using video continue.  First one, 3 ABs, 3 outs.  Second one, 2 ABs, 2 outs.  Rallied to tie and send it to 10.  First 2 ABs, outs, thought they were going to stick it to me in extras again.  Next pitch double,  then walked it off with a dinger.
  • Options
    ThunderstormerThunderstormer Registered Users, Member 215 Posts
    Can someone please list 5.6 to 5.10 pitchers for WOH today. @Houmy maybe? Thx, only noticed partial list posted that doesn’t line up with Monday’s final 5
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    10x cycles in and still no legends. 'Up' to 11 for 30 on lxp boxes now, which is good considering i was 6 for 24 earlier.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    5.6-hill, 5.7-chapman, 5.8-verlander, 5.9-perry, 5.10-ryan.
  • Options
    whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    edited December 2018
    2 cycles the first hour (turner, giraffe) then it got impossible...5 hours later I finally broke through and get hank after trading him in monday, wish I would have known to take him to bronze ten
  • Options
    This is getting old to grind away at about a 20% clip for Mantle only to be rewarded with garbage players when you finally do break through.  If it weren't for the premium XP I'd have already called it a day.
  • Options
    Thanks @DFBB that Perry for Jansen with Ryan going to 5.10 clears it up. 
  • Options
    stevebalbonistevebalboni Registered Users, Member 108 Posts
    Thanks for the feedback guys. 

@Metsicans thanks for the tip! Using mantle on Gaylord .. then Williams boosted in Ryan. So far 1-2. 

Weird as williams is 30% lower even with rhp boost but has done better so far. Pulled Suzuki. 🤮
  • Options
    Wow, Gaylord's spitballs and moving not so “fastballs” wiping me out. At least I was used to facing simple wipeout sliders...  this is most def a fresh challenge
  • Options
    thickagethickage Registered Users, Member 227 Posts
    Last two cycles made it with no boosts and one video boost on 5-10. 

I will I’ll say that the “random” selection of rewards is much better than the last couple of weeks. Suzuki, Giraffe x2, Turner, and Hunter have been my rewards. Course I most wanted Votto and Hank, but those odds were the lowest. I’ll cycle once or twice more and see what happens. 

Good luck to all the rest of the night!

• Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Is it just me or does it feel like the Diaz/Snell days today?
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    JdotChristopherJdotChristopher Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    Cycled 3 times.  Beat it on the 7th restart all 3 times.  Got basically the same type of pitch combos until the 7th restart and then that time I received almost all fastballs.  That’s just ridiculous.  
  • Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Houmy said:
    Is it just me or does it feel like the Diaz/Snell days today?
    Exactly right. I can’t get by Ryan with this matchup. That’s Harper at diamond 8 with both skills at 16% and a 20% boost on top of that. This is the frustration.  I cruise easily on Monday only to be unable to even get a run in 2/3 tries  

• Options
    snowy24snowy24 Registered Users, Member 304 Posts
    2nd time through. 0-8 against Ryan using Babe. Ugh.
  • Options
    tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    Second cycle after 3 hours, damn it.
    And I got a second Giraffe. Could it be worse? Well, I guess I could get Susuki, so yeah, it could be worse.
    It seems pretty hard today.
  • Options
    redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I’m 1-4 vs Ryan with Gallo, left 2 runners on last attempt, nothing to hit for 2 outs, 5 straight hits, then a few hooks and down I went.
  • Options
    PINKYSTARFISHPINKYSTARFISH Registered Users, Member 99 Posts
    Just updated my new years resolution.  GLU and I are parting ways . Was fun for awhile. Seemed like a great idea to waste my time and money playing this toxic mess. I will look for a hobby less destructive in the new year. Meth perhaps. 
  • Options
    Just updated my new years resolution.  GLU and I are parting ways . Was fun for awhile. Seemed like a great idea to waste my time and money playing this toxic mess. I will look for a hobby less destructive in the new year. Meth perhaps. 
    Steak dinners may be my new hobby. Will leave a better taste in my mouth
  • Options
    I've got to give GLU credit for their Wednesday business model:

Make bonus players guys that players will only want for a day, force them to spend large amounts of EVO, Gold, and XP if players want to take full advantage of bonus points for rewards that fall short of what they are investing, thus depleting their EVO and Gold and forcing them to buy more.  Offer box with alluring rewards but minimize chance player will get it.  Rinse, repeat. 

It's absolutely brilliant.  
  • Options
    Third cycle, third Giraffe.
    WTF
  • Options
    whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    4th cycle gives me hunter, needed votto but 4 different players today instead of 10 ozunas and 4 bisons, is definitely a better day
  • Options
    stevebalbonistevebalboni Registered Users, Member 108 Posts
    edited December 2018
    Speaking for myself. And I know I’ve posted similar sentiments here. And I’ve heard great proposals from the regulars. 

But the game game is just no fun since the increase in difficulty. I spent a long time and effort building a competetive roster. But to be rewarded with an increasingly difficult game at this stage in the season. No doubt, there will be more players to buy for Christmas to give one the illusion of competiveness for a great price. 

Glu, you may have lost me. 
  • Options
    4th cycle and now Suzuki, of course, 3 x giraffe and 1 x Suzuki.
    I knew it could get worse
  • Options
    Brutal day being rewarded with a couple Suzuki . This is # 1 bullshit.   lol
  • Options
    I do have a few suggestions as to where they can park Gaylords spitball for the night. 
  • Options
    I do have a few suggestions as to where they can park Gaylords spitball for the night. 
    Some might say up their rear end and to the left 
  • Options
    5th and last cycle, my 4th Giraffe.
  • Options
    18 cycles and not a single legend...21/54 on lxp boxes today, 20/57 on monday. that's 41 of my last 111. Where's my 50%??  :'(
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited December 2018
    18 cycles, no legends. 14 Turners, 3 baby giraffes and 1 Suzuki.

Since Black Friday I’ve cycled about 120 times and haven’t pulled a legend. I call b*llshit.
  • Options
    redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    Got my 2nd in at 11:35, pulled Giraffe.  I went plat too early but obviously glad I can still cycle my favorite event but lol I still need two bats, Fisk at G10 vs a 270 Hill was interesting though once I got past him having capped plat guys felt a little easier as with each level up the gap gets a little bigger.  For instance Gallo boosted for me up to 540 vs Ryan’s 341, on Monday Gallo at 410 vs Jansen’s 263.  Spent about 800 gold for 2 cycles all in all not too bad.