Options

WoH Royale for 1-9-19: CVC legends!!

Comments

• Options
    aaronchennaaronchenn Registered Users, Member 455 Posts
    judge on fourth cycle
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @Bigpredfan Don't restart. It's now back to d6.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    AIC_76AIC_76 Registered Users, Member 57 Posts
    Marichal is killing me. My mantle got to 6-5 with 1 out 3 times and then... Wait for it... Nothing but curves. Wish I have bout that holiday Ted, lol!
  • Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    DFBB said:
    @Bigpredfan Don't restart. It's now back to d6.
    Lol. Appreciate the heads up. I’m probably done on the cycling attempts for today. I’m playing tournaments to work towards more gold and using Trout. When I see the multipliers, I’ll see what I’ll do then 
  • Options
    Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    2 for 23 vs. Marichal today and my 'awards' were the bottom 2 in the box.

Not a good day.
  • Options
    ThumbstersThumbsters Registered Users, Member 267 Posts
    edited January 2019
    DFBB said:
    If you're pulling a legend, please let us know. Our club is up to ten Trouts and just one legend so far. I've talked to other big clubs and they're reporting similar, if not worse, numbers.

I am not in a BIG club though.

• Options
    Acuna is great for Verlander.   LL Altuve is almost automatic against Langston.  

None of that really matters for me since I can't beat Marichal.
  • Options
    Nice @Thumbsters. I only used the 'big club' reference to suggest that something funny is going on. Our club is closing in on 200 cycles and just one legend thus far(my bags). Others are reporting zero to 1 in their entire club too. I wish they didn't lump Trout's odds in with the other legends.
  • Options
    Today is the first day where I can really feel an increase in the difficulty. Here is how my day has gone 

• Options
    benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    Been using holiday Ted tonight rather than LL Trout - 2 for 2 so far - 80 gold boost of course though
  • Options
    ProbodybuilderProbodybuilder Registered Users 337 Posts
    Been real easy with ted all day.  7-15.    3x albie, 3x acuna , Judge. 
  • Options
    Why do you even bother having a multiplier anymore?  We know exactly what multiplier you're going to give for the one event anyone cares about long before you reveal it.
  • Options
    SakaV2SakaV2 Registered Users, Member 124 Posts
    So close to a 3rd cycle.  I cycled Monday 3x and twice today.  Some of you might now I've complained in the past but my maxed LL Votto is killing it.  Kinda wish it was Oswalt today but oh well.  Pulled Albies and Judge
  • Options
    Whats really annoying to me is these Multipliers.  They pretty much offer no multipliers lol.  Seems like a lot of work for not actually getting anything.  Lack of multipliers make grinding from a club standpoint kind of moot. Imo
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    SakaV2 said:
    Whats really annoying to me is these Multipliers.  They pretty much offer no multipliers lol.  Seems like a lot of work for not actually getting anything.  Lack of multipliers make grinding from a club standpoint kind of moot. Imo
    Glu’s development team: “hey let’s jack up the progress reward point totals and only give a multiplier of X2 to 2 of them. People will love it!  I know we used to give multipliers to most of the events and even went as high as X7 one time, but they will love this challenge!”

these top top clubs aren’t even 1/3 of the way to hitting tier 6

• Options
    SakaV2 said:
    Glu’s development team: “hey let’s jack up the progress reward point totals and only give a multiplier of X2 to 2 of them. People will love it!  I know we used to give multipliers to most of the events and even went as high as X7 one time, but they will love this challenge!”
    I agree man it's a buzzkill.  In no world is my club competitive in the sense of finishing high but tier rewards are a really long shot.  I mean WOH is hard enough to cycle let alone needing the guys inside to score really any points and btw we're only gonna give ya a x2 multiplier lol.  I'm not mad about it or salty , just to me I don't see how that motivates us to push 
  • Options
    Kris Bryant has lost 8 times in a row to 5-6 Rich Hill for me.  8.  

This is the Kris Bryant that has a double LHP skill and is a max 495.  He's maxed out obviously with both skills at 11/20.

Why continue investing in players and skills that don't even do what they are supposed to do?  I don't expect to win every time. But 8 losses in a row with THAT matchup?  Yes, it's ridiculous.
  • Options
    whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    edited January 2019
    Out of these guys who should I be using vs Juan?
  • Options
    effschmoo2effschmoo2 Registered Users, Member 184 Posts
    Betts has 2 active skills and Juan would only have one against him. I think he’s your best bet. I cycled 6 times early but haven’t got a winnable sequence from him in hours. He’s been a lot tougher as the days gone on. 
  • Options
    @whammo911 Either Yelich or Mathews, whoever you're more heavily invested in as far as bonus skills and to a lesser degree, pennants.
  • Options
    redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I started the day 0-5, have now squared that to 3 of 9, similar to how Monday started when I started 0-5 then finished 8 for 16.  I played tourneys and bonus games to ensure my club got 100M and might go for one more time around if I don’t go to sleep first.
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @CEO that version of Teddy ballgame is really not worth leveling up if you want a powerful lefty for WOH. Those CVC skills are worthless in my opinion as someone on the opposing team with the bonus CVC batter for that day would easily outscore you.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    snowy24snowy24 Registered Users, Member 304 Posts
    6-6 Monday. 0-4 tonight. Oh well. Going to
    play tournaments until the clock runs out. 
  • Options
    JdotChristopherJdotChristopher Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    1 for 15 tonight.  I didn’t need anyone in the rewards, but I was playing for the XP.  I can understand while dudes just want to quit and won’t be playing/donating their cash to Glu next season.  I think I was in 5.10 around 7-8 times where it was 6-5 and I was sitting on 0 outs.  I received all unhittable pitches every single time in around the same sequence.  So basically it let me score where I was 1 run away from 6-6 and then it made 3 straight outs.  If that isn’t defeating and straight up cheap as hell, I don’t know what is.  And I was using Yelich with the late innings and righty skills that are at 18/18 lol.  I never wasted gold unless it was for a boost tho.  Just a video restart and went back through level 5 again.  Keep your heads up if you guys aren’t cycling and try to enjoy the rest of the game like head to head matchups with other players instead of the losing battle of WOH.  You can enjoy the game without going into let me waste all my gold restarting 5.10 mode 🤘🏼
  • Options
    ProbodybuilderProbodybuilder Registered Users 337 Posts

This is the Kris Bryant that has a double LHP skill and is a max 495.  He's maxed out obviously with both skills at 11/20.

Why continue investing in players and skills that don't even do what they are supposed to do?  I don't expect to win every time. But 8 losses in a row with THAT matchup?  Yes, it's ridiculous.
    Thanks.  I wont bother leveling him up. 
  • Options
    MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Just got done with my 10th cycle and pulled Trout a second time.  Guess no other legend today.
    Ended up getting Bags.   Pretty stoked 
  • Options
    SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    Trout x2, Acuna, Albies, Judge. Was on my 6th cycle but had to leave. Pretty straightforward day except around mid to late afternoon where things got nasty with all pitchers in level 5 ...had like 10 losses with 5-6 different throwers at that time. Took a short break and when I came back life was good. No losses vs marichal but 1 video restart. This week I’ve finally had some decent pulls out of the rewards box...probably won’t level any of them but glad to not be only getting the basement crew. Need sooo much evo lol, good thing season mode playoffs are around the corner.
    It's all done with mirrors
  • Options
    whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    4-14 cycles 2 albies 2 judges, not bad considering I couldn’t log in for a few hours, 3-4 times I won I didn’t get my first hit till two outs...got spoiled after monday
  • Options
    One person in our club got Bagwell @DFBB
  • Options
    bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    edited January 2019

In my club some of the guys had it really easy all day and others like me found it really challenging.  For instance one member was something like 5-6 against 5.10 while I was 3-20 using the same TW holiday version.  I have a gold team just shy of 160k and was losing consistently on 4.10 with TW, struggling past Hill with 510 Baez and getting stuffed by Langston with ATG Hank.  All my top 7 players have skills at or above 24% and I used an 80 boost on 5.10 every time making TW something just short of 450 vs Marchial’s 268 and was just getting junk throws.  It felt like I was marked somehow;  we all have bad days but today was noticeable as there were players in the club on either side, some having the best day ever and some like me who were second guessing every move and just getting worked.   

There red is no such thing as a sure thing;  players not doing what they are “supposed “ to do?  If performance was guaranteed,  where would the fun be in that?  It wasn’t our day.....just leave it at that.