Options

WoH Royale for 1-9-19: CVC legends!!

Comments

• Options
    bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    edited January 2019
    I’m annoyed because I’m 15k lxp short of capping my latest project and now I am going to have to sit on it a while longer.....ggggrrrr!

Looking at comments and seeing other players who were successful today with players that wouldn’t make my team (495 max is my weakest) just makes me laugh a little and shake my head.....
  • Options
    JdotChristopherJdotChristopher Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    bigvivec said:
    I’m annoyed because I’m 15k lxp short of capping my latest project and now I am going to have to sit on it a while longer.....ggggrrrr!

Looking at comments and seeing other players who were successful today with players that wouldn’t make my team (495 max is my weakest) just makes me laugh a little and shake my head.....
    That’s the same reaction everyone has when they’re trying to figure out the key to beating WOH on certain days.  You can crack the code on Monday with my weakest guy (Joey Votto Max 475) and then on a Wednesday it’s untouchable with 530 and 510 max overalls for me lol it’s wild!
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited January 2019
    DFBB said:
    Nice @Thumbsters. I only used the 'big club' reference to suggest that something funny is going on. Our club is closing in on 200 cycles and just one legend thus far(my bags). Others are reporting zero to 1 in their entire club too. I wish they didn't lump Trout's odds in with the other legends.
    After yesterday I am up to well over 200 cycles total since Black Friday and still haven’t pulled a “top 2” player from the box. I’ve pulled the low level legend (gossage, baines, etc) maybe a handful of times. 

Those odds cannot be correct. 

We have a full club with a bunch of cycles too and couple guys got Trout and that’s it, I think.
  • Options
    cubschampions2016cubschampions2016 Registered Users, Member 117 Posts
    Kris Bryant has lost 8 times in a row to 5-6 Rich Hill for me.  8.  

This is the Kris Bryant that has a double LHP skill and is a max 495.  He's maxed out obviously with both skills at 11/20.

Why continue investing in players and skills that don't even do what they are supposed to do?  I don't expect to win every time. But 8 losses in a row with THAT matchup?  Yes, it's ridiculous.
    Thanks.  I wont bother leveling him up. 
    I disagree. Bryant went 12 for 12 versus hill for me and he’s at 10 each in skills for me and maxed out. I’m silver, not sure if that matters. 
  • Options
    Yeah, I have been using double L skill Bryant on Rich Hill for a while now. Can't remember him ever losing more than like maybe once a day (so thinking 90+ percent success rate). That's always my last auto-play. I start manual playing at 5.7 no matter who is there.
  • Options
    cubschampions2016cubschampions2016 Registered Users, Member 117 Posts
    bigvivec said:

Personally I feel skills make a big difference and it’s better to have a guy who will have two skills active in woh with a 475 or 480 max like Acuna or votto than a 495 or 500+ guy with useless skills or only one skill active like Ozzie Smith, Ted Williams cvc version, all the players with righty and lefty pitcher skills. Currently my lineup lowest max is 475 votto but he slams the guys on 4-9,5-9 in woh. My lineup currently has all 2 skill guys and 8 of the 9 have both skills that activate in woh. The last Ramos has a blowout skill that is useless. Once you have a lineup like this you level the skills for the lefty pitcher hitters to 10 each, 14 each in skills for right handed pitcher hitters, and 16 each for 5-10 batter(you need trout or Ted Williams here) and you got a lineup that can cycle with ease. I cycled 6 times yesterday. And mostly on the first or second try versus marichal. 
  • Options
    MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    DFBB said:
    Nice @Thumbsters. I only used the 'big club' reference to suggest that something funny is going on. Our club is closing in on 200 cycles and just one legend thus far(my bags). Others are reporting zero to 1 in their entire club too. I wish they didn't lump Trout's odds in with the other legends.
    After yesterday I am up to well over 200 cycles total since Black Friday and still haven’t pulled a “top 2” player from the box. I’ve pulled the low level legend (gossage, baines, etc) maybe a handful of times. 

We have a full club with a bunch of cycles too and couple guys got Trout and that’s it, I think.
    I think the tough thing is with 4 legends in a group of 10%, its expected we believe that all 4 have the same odds which i guess is 2.5% each.  That clearly isnt the case.  I get RNG but usually one of the four is pulled way more common then the rest.  Yesterday it was Trout and Monday it was Ozzie Smith.   So maybe its truly one guy at 5 or 7.5% and the other 3 fill in the rest because they truly are rare.
  • Options
    nym5fannym5fan Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    DFBB said:

We had a few Trouts caught, I think it was one team that pulled him twice. And one team pulled Pitcher Babe. I had 8 cycles and got the rail players, no top shelf stuff for me. I know @JEDDDOGGY had 14 cycles and was all rail player garbage too. 

We tried a new tactic on Royale which was everyone focus on W.o.H cycles and not use bonus hoping to get tossed into an easier bracket at the reveal. Rather than bust our butts to be tossed into the harder bracket at reveal. It didn't work. I estimate we have 67 cycles prior to the reveal in our club though. 
    From Wentz he came, he shall be returned!
  • Options
    thickagethickage Registered Users, Member 227 Posts
    Cycled 12 times but it seems Verlander was the only pitcher I didn't have a "great matchup" with, so he was annoying. Who did you all beat Verlander with regularly? I had Votto 2x RISP, Teddy OBP, and finally settled on Mantle with one skill Mantle fared well. 

Also, very weird that my Holiday Teddy struggled mightily against Maeda at 4-10 but BF Yelich got nothing but FBs. Both have pennants leveled and starting hit rating in Gold is 461. Both even... Anyoo, back to the original question...

Who did you all use to beat Verlander with regularly?

• Options
    Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    thickage said:
    Cycled 12 times but it seems Verlander was the only pitcher I didn't have a "great matchup" with, so he was annoying. Who did you all beat Verlander with regularly? I had Votto 2x RISP, Teddy OBP, and finally settled on Mantle with one skill Mantle fared well. 

Also, very weird that my Holiday Teddy struggled mightily against Maeda at 4-10 but BF Yelich got nothing but FBs. Both have pennants leveled and starting hit rating in Gold is 461. Both even... Anyoo, back to the original question...

Acuna was pretty successful against Verlander after I pulled him and leveled him up.  Maybe 75% or so.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    thickage said:

Mauer was my go to for 5.7. 
    Mantle was my 5.8 batter
    Matthews for 5.9
    Holiday Teddy for 5.10
    All have boosted skills to 16%. 
  • Options
    effschmoo2effschmoo2 Registered Users, Member 184 Posts
    thickage said:

Holiday trout and BF altuve did pretty well against verlander. I struggled with maeda too. Even with Willie Mays. Probably lost to him more than anybody until they cranked up Marichal. 
  • Options
    benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    thickage said:

I used LL Votto against Verlander and had no trouble
  • Options
    redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I used GG Arenado vs Verlander at about a 60-70% success rate, had about the same rate with the others not named Marichal (3 of 11).
  • Options
    thickagethickage Registered Users, Member 227 Posts
    edited January 2019
    Acuna was pretty successful against Verlander after I pulled him and leveled him up.  Maybe 75% or so.

@wicked0wildcats

What did you have Acuna's skills at?

• Options
    I used GG Arenado vs Verlander at about a 60-70% success rate, had about the same rate with the others not named Marichal (3 of 11).
    You used GG? I would be careful admitting that on here ;). lol
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    I think the tough thing is with 4 legends in a group of 10%, its expected we believe that all 4 have the same odds which i guess is 2.5% each.  That clearly isnt the case.  I get RNG but usually one of the four is pulled way more common then the rest.  Yesterday it was Trout and Monday it was Ozzie Smith.   So maybe its truly one guy at 5 or 7.5% and the other 3 fill in the rest because they truly are rare.

I agree on the legends not having the same pull rate for each one, but sitting here still 0 for 225 still makes it seem a bit fishy to me. LOL.
  • Options
    ProbodybuilderProbodybuilder Registered Users 337 Posts
    thickage said:

Mauer.  Has always dominated Verlander for me.  
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @thickage I use BF Bryce(17/16 skills) and he has always handled Verlander very, very well.

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Hey @DFBB & @Bigpredfan where does this guy rank on your "best for CVC" list? :trollface: . GLU has been super kind to me with the free achievement videos lately. Bags the other day and this guy today to replace my 480 Baez and both just in time for CVC bonuses for that day. Again not wasting the EVO on the skills as he won't be last 4 batter for WOH. And congrats on getting bags yesterday @DFBB.

"Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Houmy said:
    Hey @DFBB & @Bigpredfan where does this guy rank on your "best for CVC" list? :trollface: . GLU has been super kind to me with the free achievement videos lately. Bags the other day and this guy today to replace my 480 Baez and both just in time for CVC bonuses for that day. Again not wasting the EVO on the skills as he won't be last 4 batter for WOH. And congrats on getting bags yesterday @DFBB.

For today I would rank him as second best :(. But I’m glad I had him already 

• Options
    Nice @Houmy! I don't value baez as much for CvC, but I love that his skills are active in all modes. Another day has passed and for my money, Bags is still the numero uno! #currently LOL
  • Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    DFBB said:
    Nice @Houmy! I don't value baez as much for CvC, but I love that his skills are active in all modes. Another day has passed and for my money, Bags is still the numero uno! #currently LOL
    With Baez and Scooter today I have won 100 bonus games and am averaging 742K per win. And their first entry in cvc was 1.1 mil. I got Baez to counteract my BF Harper for walk-off. Love him
  • Options
    Houmy said:

WOWZERS.   Congrats Dude
  • Options
    tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    Houmy said:

nice pull, congrats
  • Options
    Turns out I also like to party.   Luck on my side lately too

• Options
    ReadingFightingPhilsReadingFightingPhils Registered Users, Member 305 Posts
    I probably got my best WOH rewards ever yesterday.  I got Judge, Acuna, and Bagwell.  I leveled up Acuna to use for bonus WOH yesterday and the right handed hitter vs rhp skill.  Is Bagwell or Judge worth leveling?  I really hate the Blow out skill.
  • Options
    tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    for WOH the blowout skill is not that good cause only works for 5.9 and 5.10 and even there it "supposedly" deactivates as soon as you score some runs.
    BUT, for CvC that skill is always active so I would say Bagwell is a monster CvC player.
  • Options
    @ReadingFightingPhils It really depends on what you value in the game. If you only care about WoH, then those blowout skills are almost useless. Personally, I love the heck out of CvC and I love to pad my stats in bonus games/prime/season mode. In particular, I really like CvC so blowouts is my favorite skill if it's not a top 2 bat for me in WoH. For what it's worth, I capped Bags and Judge in plat. In Bag's case, I already took his skills to 16/16. :)
  • Options
    CHITOWNBOMBER50CHITOWNBOMBER50 Registered Users, Member 45 Posts
    I picked up Trout and Azuna yesterday and I do need to upgrade my 3rd outfielder. Which of these 2 would be the best for both WOH and CvC