Options

WoH for 1-28-19: Calling Jram....Calling Jram...Maybe?

1235Next

Comments

• Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    17 cycles. I got the bonus player in the 2nd box so I just stacked the other 15. I still haven't opened them because I'm undecided about diamond. 
    Seemed like 5.10 was a mixed bag. I started off hot, but regressed a bit. Overall, finished 1 for 4 with the 40g boost and 16 for 25 with the 80g boost, while using the LL Trout. Circumstances dictated things and I ended up slow playing much more than usual. Normally, 5.7 is tougher than 5.8, but I ended up using Babe against 5.8(Nola) because his ratings were considerably higher than 5.7. It remains to be seen if this pattern will continue where you have fewer runs to make up at 5.8, but face a much more difficult pitcher. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    For me the pitcher wasn’t and hasn’t been more difficult at 5.8;  5.7!has been the hurdle and I’ve played my second best at 5.7 and third best at 5.8 with good results.  
  • Options
    thickagethickage Registered Users, Member 227 Posts
    I’ve had great success using RHB Acuna (16% x 2 skills, RHP, Late) against 5.7 guys like Not Justin and Verlander - right-handed pitchers who pitch tough against lefties. 

I know pitcher skills aren’t active but in this case the righty on righty matches up well. 
  • Options
    bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    edited February 2019
    thickage said:
    I’ve had great success using RHB Acuna (16% x 2 skills, RHP, Late) against 5.7 guys like Not Justin and Verlander - right-handed pitchers who pitch tough against lefties. 

I know pitcher skills aren’t active but in this case the righty on righty matches up well
    I don’t believe the pitcher skills aren’t active in spite of what the glu doorknob said.  Anyway, that’s not bad...I was using LHB 510 Reggie to best effect on all verlander editions (juiced to 30%).  He was better than holiday crime dog, bf Yelich, holiday trout or Aaron all juiced to similar levels.  510 Reggie has bilateral skills;  woh and risp apply to all pitchers in woh which is a good thing.