Customer service issue

slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
I wanted to ask if anyone has had this issue. Starting on Friday I spent 19,200 gold and while spending 2700 disappeared. I’ve been trying to reach out to CS which for this in the past they’ve been very responsive, but this weekend they have not. I did not even get a acknowledgement they received my message. P

Comments

• HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
    Happened to me last weekend 
  • HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
    edited February 2019
    Just gotta wait it out. Are you VIP?
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    No I am not vip, but I was hoping to get Baez before the weekend was over to help score some points. 
    Typically I never have an issue wit him the. Answering
  • ThunderstormerThunderstormer Registered Users, Member 215 Posts
    This will be the fourth weekend in a row for me!!! Previous three times Glu rep responded within 48 hours. Each time they checked my logs and credited actual amount of gold spent. Btw not a VIP, I try to keep my tickets direct and express appreciation for any assistance, which usually works. 
  • Cripple22Cripple22 Registered Users, Member 67 Posts
    Usually they wait until after event so you'll spend more. Be nice, send another message, keep track of amounts and they will credit when they get the time. It is a known glitch so it's not just you.
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    edited February 2019
    I went through this last weekend (and previous weekends most likely) and they were fairly quick to respond and credited me gold I had spent. I have submitted another ticket today for same thing. What is happening is that the gold spent only registers through app restarts if a new tier is unlocked when it is spent.

So if you get over the 10k threshold for example with a total of 10500 gold spent or whatever, that is where you will live until the next tier is reached even if you spend a couple hundred or thousand here and there it seems. After I realized this I saved all gold until I was sure I could get over tier thresholds and then spent it. It's quite easily reproducible so take screenshots to include in a ticket if you choose to submit.

Edit: Just noticed 900 gold I spent persisted after app restart a few minutes after spending it. Maybe if the window is too small between spending and app restart the amount spent doesn't cache w/your account, like the value is only local for a bit on your device.
    Yea I’ve goven up on a response. I’m now just trolling them via in app and on twitter. 
    What I think happened is that my last ticket was never closed. So it’s still open with this bozo named Brian. 
    edited February 2019
    After sending a message to CS on Friday, and been given the run around they finally came back with this BS. It’s terrible how they treat their customers and get away with it. 

• JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    @slafrance2 yeah they have always reverted my mis-swipe player upgrades on home screen in the past and recently have stopped doing that for me citing the "all actions and sales are final" bull-hockey. They've always corrected my fan rewards for me too, so this is disappointing to see. Hopefully they do not just stop helping folks with things in 18 now that 19 is out for many.
    @JEDDDOGGY it was/is disappointing. It actually got to a point to where I didn't care about the missing gold, because from their non answer I spent the gold to get Baez, but to response 5 days later admit you were wrong and they say "oh well you're SOL" its sucky.
  • samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    It’s downright awful. A while back when I went gold I spent a lot of gold leveling players and not of all got counted toward my ballpark. I contacted service And they fixed it right away. They absolutely should do something for you like at least credit you the amount of gold. What does it really cost them?
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited February 2019
    samtheman said:
    What does it really cost them?
    Well, nothing other than the CS rep's time spent. In many instances, I feel like it would have just been less hassle / time spent to just actually go ahead and fix my problem than the alternative, which is to give me a series of some long, drawn-out bullsh*t replies as to why they can't/won't fix my problem.
  • TheLegend17TheLegend17 Registered Users, Member 373 Posts
    I'm sure they have a word document with 100s of  copy and paste responses for nearly all imaginable issues, searchable by keyword