Options

Keeper details: let's discuss!

Comments

• Options
    benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    At 5 times I doubt anyone would ever cap a keeper skills-  at least not anyone that has limited cash! - but still worth having for first few months, I have no doubt. Getting skills to say 4 or 5, for a double skill player will still help early WOH and maybe even into late summer.

Their lifespan will all depend on how quick the multiplier moves back up to 1.0, if / when the skill leveling cost reduces at same time, and how soon we see regular 2 skill players introduced- maybe not until Sep / Oct.... who knows.

The My Legend I believe is also supposed to now keep pace with the season with an escalating max - can anyone confirm? If that is the case, spending some time getting the right position, skill and starting attribute (OPS king, high average, slugger, balanced..... etc) will also be an important decision for your My Legend. I'm thinking a switch hitting catcher with maybe late inning skill - will be a flexible WOH guy
  • Options
    Maybe the beginning of keeper sales! Only 8 hrs left and he has not been there that long......a bargain with $770 discount 😀
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @benny100 GLU did confirm that the custom legend would evolve with you but didn't give out any details about it.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    JdotChristopherJdotChristopher Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    Houmy said:
    @benny100 GLU did confirm that the custom legend would evolve with you but didn't give out any details about it.
    I don’t even remember what position my custom legend is now since it became so expensive and obsolete.   I’m curious if we would have to reset it on 18 and then it transfers over as well?   Or do we get to recreate our position and skills again in 19?  I’m definitely going to do a catcher or shortstop.  
  • Options
    Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    I would imagine that the custom legend starts from scratch.  

Also keep in mind that the custom legend is the only player in TSB that also works in Slugfest which is a big deal early in the game and thus probably a better value than your keepers to level up.
  • Options

Also keep in mind that the custom legend is the only player in TSB that also works in Slugfest which is a big deal early in the game and thus probably a better value than your keepers to level up.
    I think you can also set him up to be best at slugging versus other strengths like hit....... mmmmm - expensive to reset him if you have second thoughts!
  • Options
    SanksterGSanksterG Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    DFBB said:
    @woohoo77 I've been advising my guys NOT to make any decisions yet. Keep in mind that the ATGs will be 550 soon. That means that we will have other 550 max players so more than likely, the most ideal players have yet to be released.
    So, would a non-ATG 550 max be better than an ATG 550 max?
  • Options
    bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    If their skills are better for your application and their max rating is parallel then yes the non would be better.....for instance if your priority is having a lights out rhb vs lefty’s in WOH then a rhb rated 550 with full time stacking skills at 550max would be the equal of the top ATG Mantle and better than Mays or HA who both have RISP as skills.  
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @SanksterG It all depends on the ratings and skills for the players.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    Do we know for sure that the 5x cost applies also to skills? I mean, in th screenshot from glu’s keepers details, they mention player leveling for keepers will cost more than a normal player, but they didn’t specifically say skill leveling (like they said in the previous line when talking about diff kinds of xp for higher skill levels)
  • Options
    bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    tocopan18 said:
    Do we know for sure that the 5x cost applies also to skills? I mean, in th screenshot from glu’s keepers details, they mention player leveling for keepers will cost more than a normal player, but they didn’t specifically say skill leveling (like they said in the previous line when talking about diff kinds of xp for higher skill levels)
    Here’s that screenshot from the first page of the thread. Skills 1/20 start at 50k.
  • Options
    hornsup17hornsup17 Registered Users 75 Posts
    Houmy said:
    As I've had some time to think about it the keeper feature is less and less appealing to me.

We don't know when the players will reach their full potential as far as the max goes and I wouldn't put it past GLU to finally getting them to their true max by late January of next year. 

The players costing as much as 5 times to level up will eat up a lot of resources that you'd need for the rest of the platoon so leveling them up will be slow. So here is who I plan to bring along:

1 - Hank: Braves fan so it's a no brainer
    2 - max 525 double WOH skill Lowrie: by the time he reaches his true max I should have resources to spare for the skills
    3 - 525 max Gagne: my inactives is stacked with 510+ starters and strong closers are that much harder to get than pitchers. Again by the time true max is reached we should have more resources to level and I am not spending 5x on starters

I won't be in any rush to level them though until I have resources to spare. Some may be tempted to spend all their resources on the 3 keepers from the get go and be a top dog for a few weeks while others build up their entire team up instead and overtake them. 

I am sure GLU is counting on that so you would have to spend more gettin extra resources. 

Just my 2 cents.
    I thought I was being odd and overthinking it that I am strongly considering Gagne but I’m glad others are thinking this way as well haha.  I see him having arguably more value and you don’t have to burn ice wraps to use him every game 

• Options
    hornsup17hornsup17 Registered Users 75 Posts
    I’ve been debating on Gagne as well. You make a valid point here. Sure makes my decision tougher between Gagne and 525 Lgd Scherzer
  • Options
    chipperkchipperk Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    I know overthinking this - it was mantle and holiday ted and leave Jed and molitor behind.  Yelich has been a beast in walk off for me.  Mantle I struggle with and since diamond I left him at gold. This week pulled 540 Reggie.   Given leveling I assume won’t matter and just take ted and Mickey

btw - first time posting but appreciate the regulars here as helped me decide how to manage team and cleared walk off 27 times straight until last Wednesday but boosted Jed to max so back on track at diamond to close the year. 
  • Options
    ORBBIRDSORBBIRDS Registered Users, Member 112 Posts
    I personally believe v.i.p. should get the same as every other hard working player on the site..... being punished for not getting a personal inviyinvit now becomes expensive, as our hard earned dollars go in to nothing....
    I also believe we should have the option to select 2 pitchers and 1 batter if we so desire....but, I will follow the rules and rebuild!
    ...just my .02

Good luck in 2019 all!
    ORBBIRDS
  • Options

Are we sure if slugfest even matters any longer? From a schedule I saw posted somewhere it seems that Mondays are WOH and Wednesdays Royale in 19 as well so slugfest doesn't seem to have a dedicated day. Seeing that you get plenty of XP in WOH I would need a lot of incentive to even play slugfest and spend so much resources on sluggers. EVO would be the only thing I could think of that would make slugfest tempting but then again there is always EVO hunting. 

Maybe those who have 19 can show us a screen shot of today's slugfest & WOH level prizes please?

• Options
    @Houmy - see below for 2019 for today
  • Options
    MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    benny100 said:
    Maybe the beginning of keeper sales! Only 8 hrs left and he has not been there that long......a bargain with $770 discount 😀
    Man its really too bad on his skills or else he would have been such a solid choice
  • Options
    @benny100 thanks buddy. I guess it does seem like we need to work on slugfest again and I am amazed that they start you off with 6 levels right away. But that 1/2* Gennett though :lol: 

• Options
    Houmy said:
    @benny100 thanks buddy. I guess it does seem like we need to work on slugfest again and I am amazed that they start you off with 6 levels right away. But that 1/2* Gennett though :lol: 

It's actually 7 levels - same prize for 6 & 7 - couldnt fit it on one screen. So lots.of kinks still to be worked out. I used an old iphone to download the game this week to see what was what. Have not officially moved to 19 yet! Waiting to launch day and making sure any last minute keeper chances aren't missed! Hoping for something exciting to chase in the 18 box today!!
  • Options
    I'm quite confident that slugfest will start at five levels once the launch is official. When that happens, it will definitely be interesting to see how guys will spend their time on Royale days.

Disclaimer: I'm kind of always wrong about trying to predict glu. 😂
  • Options
    whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    Slugfest is the one thing I’m looking forward to, I totally missed out on it in 18 by overleveling. My thinking in the beginning of the year was it was a huge investment for a once a week event. Which stifled my team once primes came out and I had no pxp. Now with it coinciding with woh in royale is it as important? I see u can rack up evo which is nice. I was wondering how long it takes to cycle slugfest on average?
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited March 2019
    I completely missed out on slugfest too. I believe Royale was already a thing when I started playing (did not know about this game until late September of this season). Basically, I was stuck in this catch-22 where my sluggers weren't anywhere near powerful enough to get very far in the event at all, and the only way to get a slugger that can beat the event is to... well... actually beat the event. So I was kinda stuck. Wasn't ever really too disappointed though, because it seems very repetitive and boring.
  • Options
    @whammo911 it usually took me around 30 minutes per cycle before Legends came out and I stopped playing it then. I had built up a strong slugger team though and maxed them all so it was pretty much auto-play all the way up to the last 4 or 5 sluggers.

• Options
    tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    And it also takes way longer to finish each level as compared to woh
  • Options
    This is updated, courtesy of @Mattattack. Ugh. I totally would rather be doing derby in '19 right now.

• Options
    barnstormbombersbarnstormbombers Registered Users, Member 96 Posts
    hornsup17 said:
    I’ve been debating on Gagne as well. You make a valid point here. Sure makes my decision tougher between Gagne and 525 Lgd Scherzer

I was also considering  gagne but just pulled 540 max whitey ford from video box so now i am not so sure...
  • Options
    Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
    hornsup17 said:

I was also considering  gagne but just pulled 540 max whitey ford from video box so now i am not so sure...
    Yea same here. I have Gagne, Seaver, and Legend Scherzer.... not sure who to give the ole nod to. 
  • Options
    For pitchers I'm going to go by stuff rating and right now Dock has the edge for me. 
  • Options
    @benny100 IMO, Doc is currently 2nd only to Gibson. He's awesome!