Options

WoH for 3-25-19: The Season Finale will be a Thriller!!!

124Next

Comments

• Options
    PhillyPhan87PhillyPhan87 Registered Users, Member 187 Posts
    Amused_79 said:
    Same here. With the winnings tonight I’m now debating Posey v Schmidt for a righty. And Hosmer v Kruk for my lefty. Thoughts?
    If I were you, I'd say Schmidt and Hosmer with a Switch hitting Catcher Mr Pro.
    Luck = getting all curveballs in WOH
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    I see a lot of people having trouble with Molitor.

Was the same way for me a couple of days, and then couple other days he absolutely smashed. I think one day last week he was 8 for 25 or something putrid. Then yesterday he was 15 for 17. 

Just seems like there’s such a wide range of outcomes with that guy. 
    Same thing with Lowrie for me but holiday Ted & Mays always get it done depending on who 5.10 is. Honestly though I think we are overthinking the whole keeper issue (hence the discussion about these guys). At 5X the price I'd rather keep the resources for 19 players as I am sure we'll eventually get equally strong, if not stronger, players by the time the keepers get close to 100% power.

As some have already mentioned the skills won't be a huge factor for the first few months so taking one of your favorite players with a less than optimal skill for WOH shouldn't concern you much. Hence me being on the fence about holiday Ted over Posada.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    @Houmy yes, I am definitely not going to toss too many resources at my keepers right out of the gate in 19. I'm going to take a wait-and-see approach with them. I've been told it is nearly impossible to cycle at Bronze no matter who you have, so very early on it won't be worth worrying about anyway from the sounds of things.

My keepers will be LL deGrom, Will Clark and Mantle. Not so much that I'm focused on having guys to beat WOH but moreso that I feel they are just my best players. Mantle has the cool factor going as a legendary name and is fun to bat with in-game. As far as Clark goes, there has been so much hullabaloo about position scarcity with C, 2B and SS but nobody mentions that 1B was literally behind every other position all year it seemed. Who were the great 1B guys? I can only really think of a handful - Prime Goldy and Hosmer, who were both released near the end of the season. I suppose Holiday McGriff could have been considered an elite guy when he was released. 
  • Options
    MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    benny100 said:
    dontgo said:
    2 Degroms in 5 cycles lol.   
    I really think GLU should have to post the individual odds for 10% guys. Each box clearly has a more common 10% guy while the ATGs rarely get pulled.  Last week it was Ichiro and this week it's Degrom.  Seems like those guys are 9% and the rest are 1%.
    Yea agree 100%.  I finally figured out last week, that the guy listed on the bottom of the 10% grouping is most likely the common.  I feel like that has almost always if not always been the case.
    And I would think continuing that logic the guy listed at the top of the 10% is the unicorn - at least seems that way the last few weeks with exteremly low if any pulls of JT or Will
    I also agree with that.  When I saw where Will was listed on top, I knew not to bang my head chasing him.  Got in my 10 cycles to cap Posey plus one more to test him and then call it a day
  • Options
    2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    benny100 said:
    dontgo said:
    2 Degroms in 5 cycles lol.   
    I really think GLU should have to post the individual odds for 10% guys. Each box clearly has a more common 10% guy while the ATGs rarely get pulled.  Last week it was Ichiro and this week it's Degrom.  Seems like those guys are 9% and the rest are 1%.
    Yea agree 100%.  I finally figured out last week, that the guy listed on the bottom of the 10% grouping is most likely the common.  I feel like that has almost always if not always been the case.
    And I would think continuing that logic the guy listed at the top of the 10% is the unicorn - at least seems that way the last few weeks with exteremly low if any pulls of JT or Will
    That’s very interesting. Will Clark is who I was chasing yesterday so it sounds like u would have needed to cycle a bunch of times to have a shot at getting him
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    edited March 2019
    Recliner said:
    @DFBB my Molitor went 2-17 against Ford yesterday..feels bad 
    Bummer man. That sounds really frustrating. For context, my Molitor is d10 with skills at 20/20 and I use the 80g boost each time. The bonus skills stack and gives your a considerable edge. Also, keep in mind that at diamond, 5.10 and 5.9 pitchers are one level lower than the other tiers. 

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    JUSTTHETIPJUSTTHETIP Registered Users, Member 28 Posts
    Put Will Clark in the specials for $20!!! Haha
  • Options
    ReclinerRecliner Registered Users, Member 114 Posts
    Well as Jedd mentioned he’s been inconsistent. I have him at plat 10 16/16 but last mon/wed I had about a 70% success rate with him just using video boost