Options

taking a run at all players

2Next

Comments

• Options
    redbirdredbird Registered Users 39 Posts
    Probably a dumb question but how do you know when you have all the players that you can get with late round picks? Will it not let you buy a pick or is there just no players when you click on it.
  • Options
    QLDoriginQLDorigin Users Awaiting Email Confirmation 60 Posts
    redbird wrote: »
    Probably a dumb question but how do you know when you have all the players that you can get with late round picks? Will it not let you buy a pick or is there just no players when you click on it.
    It will actually something like "No More draft picks available, try another category".
  • Options
    Maida_gcMaida_gc Registered Users 172 Posts
    Well I tried and failed.

I bought 600 late round draft picks. Right around the time when it starts to become beneficial, as in all 2*, 2.5* and 3* , I believe I accidentally traded them in. F!

Started again, enough money, bought the late round draft picks clean after trying again. Needed about 750 roster spots to do it. It was too too slow for me to proceed. I don't think my phone (HTC One) has the processing power to do much beyond that, I know even those with fancy iphones experience lag, but I'm guessing I was worse.

Due to the fact the Christmas special was on, draft pick sale was expiring well before I could have spent enough gold, I quit. Traded them all in, and just spent gold the old fashion way.

Drafted 10,000 worth of a mix of 225 #1s, and 75 1st Rounders. I didn't get 1 additional 5* player. I did add some 4.5* and my team is better especially having added Molina, Holliday & Trout via the special.

If I had a suggestion for those with the patience (I wasted a lot of hours of my life, especially after botching the trade in), it would be to draft the 750 Late Rounders, then moving right to the gold. You buy every 1-3* player, which really thins the heard for gold. Could do really well if you can't do all the late rounders AND all the 2nd rounders.
  • Options
    solarmensolarmen Registered Users 201 Posts
    Maida_gc wrote: »
    Well I tried and failed.

I bought 600 late round draft picks. Right around the time when it starts to become beneficial, as in all 2*, 2.5* and 3* , I believe I accidentally traded them in. F!

Started again, enough money, bought the late round draft picks clean after trying again. Needed about 750 roster spots to do it. It was too too slow for me to proceed. I don't think my phone (HTC One) has the processing power to do much beyond that, I know even those with fancy iphones experience lag, but I'm guessing I was worse.

Due to the fact the Christmas special was on, draft pick sale was expiring well before I could have spent enough gold, I quit. Traded them all in, and just spent gold the old fashion way.

Drafted 10,000 worth of a mix of 225 #1s, and 75 1st Rounders. I didn't get 1 additional 5* player. I did add some 4.5* and my team is better especially having added Molina, Holliday & Trout via the special.

If I had a suggestion for those with the patience (I wasted a lot of hours of my life, especially after botching the trade in), it would be to draft the 750 Late Rounders, then moving right to the gold. You buy every 1-3* player, which really thins the heard for gold. Could do really well if you can't do all the late rounders AND all the 2nd rounders.

sorry to hear that. It's sad and shocking that you can't get one single 5* player with so many #1 drafts.
  • Options
    chaingang28chaingang28 Registered Users 17 Posts
    I was able to do it. I got my team of all 5 star players
  • Options
    Maida_gcMaida_gc Registered Users 172 Posts
    iphone? What device? Any tips or perseverance and lots of man hours?
  • Options
    chaingang28chaingang28 Registered Users 17 Posts
    I used an lg optimus. I started during the christmas event, there was a draft sale so i thought i could do it within the 2 days that they gave us but i couldnt, it took too long.So i drafted all 1-4 star players and waited for next draft sale which was a couple days ago. App crashed alot i had to delete the app and install many times cuz it wouldnt open. Try to knock everything in one setting would be my tip,
  • Options
    gregadamsgregadams Registered Users 298 Posts
    I was wondering how many man hours it has taken the people who were successful and what device they used. I just bought an iPad air 2 and I'm close to going for it.
  • Options
    yaybaseballyaybaseball Registered Users 98 Posts
    i've come up with an alternative strategy that i think should limit the lag and get all 3-5* players.

i've realized that the 200 gold tournament/cash tournament will give you every 4 star player, then every 3.5 star player, then every 3 star player. i am currently getting through the 3* position players. theoretically, if i can finish up the 3 star players, they should start offering me the 2.5* players. at that point, if you spend gold on the #1 draft picks, you should only be getting 4.5 and 5 star players because the #1 pick only has 3-5* players.

also, the game shouldn't be too laggy because you don't need to draft all the 1-2 star players.
  • Options
    RobotstoveRobotstove Registered Users 163 Posts
    i've come up with an alternative strategy that i think should limit the lag and get all 3-5* players.

i've realized that the 200 gold tournament/cash tournament will give you every 4 star player, then every 3.5 star player, then every 3 star player. i am currently getting through the 3* position players. theoretically, if i can finish up the 3 star players, they should start offering me the 2.5* players. at that point, if you spend gold on the #1 draft picks, you should only be getting 4.5 and 5 star players because the #1 pick only has 3-5* players.

also, the game shouldn't be too laggy because you don't need to draft all the 1-2 star players.

What device are you using? When I hit about 250 inactives on my iPhone 5, I found that the game was incredibly frustrating to play for any prolonged period of time.

The 5-10 seconds I had to wait after every inning was annoying for sure.
    In-game name: Robotstove
    In TSB 2014: Legends, beat playoffs fourteen times (RETIRED)
    In TSB 2015: Greatest of All Time (GOAT) (RETIRED)
    In TSB 2016: Recently returned and rising!

I have come back to play TSB 2016, so you can join me and others in a general TSB 2016 chat using Discord: https://discord.gg/t9yTMgx

Look forward to chatting with everyone!
  • Options
    Robotstove wrote: »
    What device are you using? When I hit about 250 inactives on my iPhone 5, I found that the game was incredibly frustrating to play for any prolonged period of time.

The 5-10 seconds I had to wait after every inning was annoying for sure.
    i'm using an s4. yeah, there is definitely some lag in terms of loading anything (i.e. between innings and ending games) but i got used to it. i have over 400 inactives. it takes me about 10 seconds to load my team if i want to make lineup changes but once the page loads i can still make edits easily.

i think i've gotten through the 3 star position players as i just got a 3 star pitcher as a reward. i figure i have under 50 3* SPs/relievers left so we'll see how it goes.
  • Options
    i'm using an s4. yeah, there is definitely some lag in terms of loading anything (i.e. between innings and ending games) but i got used to it. i have over 400 inactives. it takes me about 10 seconds to load my team if i want to make lineup changes but once the page loads i can still make edits easily.

i think i've gotten through the 3 star position players as i just got a 3 star pitcher as a reward. i figure i have under 50 3* SPs/relievers left so we'll see how it goes.

You don't have the patience to confirm the number of 4* and 3.5* players you have, do you? Heh.

I have come back to play TSB 2016, so you can join me and others in a general TSB 2016 chat using Discord: https://discord.gg/t9yTMgx

• Options
    You don't have the patience to confirm the number of 4* and 3.5* players you have, do you? Heh.
    i really don't, haha.

i can confirm that i had every 4* pitcher listed in the player list on this forum, but that's it. i stopped following all the players i won afterwards.
  • Options
    How much gold have all those tournies cost you so far?

• Options
    How much gold have all those tournies cost you so far?

i can't say for sure. but the 200 gold tournament is great because if you win it, you literally make all your 200 gold back. i have a high win percentage for that tournament, so it really doesn't cost me much at all.
  • Options
    so it works. the tournaments give you every single player. my phone has already really started lagging when bringing up stats/team sections and the loading time between innings sucks...and i only have 450 inactives. but once the page loads, it's fine.

as of now, i just need gold to draft players. i only get 4.5/5 star players in the #1 pick and i already drafted a few 5* players today: scherzer, jose bautista and aramis ramirez.

after i get my ideal team, i'm contemplating whether i should turn the in-actives in or not. it would be hard to turn in so many 5 star players, but the lag does get annoying and should only get worse as i have at least 50 more players left to get. that or i could tough it out until i get a new phone in 3 months that can probably handle it easily.

also, any advice on who should be my starting 2b: altuve (9/2/9) or cano (9/4/5)? i feel like 9 speed trumps 4 power, but i was wondering what you guys thought? altuve seems like an ideal leadoff guy.
  • Options
    dtrain987dtrain987 Registered Users 198 Posts
    Out of curiosity, why not try the 35000 cash tourneys with this strategy? If you lose a couple, it's easier to recoup the lost cash than it is the gold.

Or does the 35k tourney not give you 35k in winnings after beating it?
  • Options
    Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
    The 35k tourney only gets 16k so it's a 19k loss

I personally would go with Altuve. Although Cano being a lefty will probably hit at a higher average. But I'd you need a good lead off man. Then Altuve is your man.
  • Options
    dtrain987 wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, why not try the 35000 cash tourneys with this strategy? If you lose a couple, it's easier to recoup the lost cash than it is the gold.

Or does the 35k tourney not give you 35k in winnings after beating it?

you are correct. the 35k tourney doesn't recoup itself if you win. that's why i prefer the 200 gold option. for example, if i win 3 tournaments in a row it was basically 3 players for free. even if i lose, say in the final, i only lose 25 gold. i literally extended 500 gold into dozens of players. the key, of course, is not losing too often.
  • Options
    Amused_79 wrote: »
    I personally would go with Altuve. Although Cano being a lefty will probably hit at a higher average. But I'd you need a good lead off man. Then Altuve is your man.

thanks. i feel the same. plus i figure i have plenty of power elsewhere. there aren't many 5* with 9 speed.
  • Options
    ~Lawman~~Lawman~ Registered Users 370 Posts
    I don't think you could go wrong with either player. I have Cano, and in just under 5,000 at bats he is hitting .398, and an OBP of .418. He only hits a HR every 50.3 at bats, but hits a double approximately every 20 at bats. His does not have Altuve's speed, but at 5, he is no slouch either.

Oddly enough, he does not have a big drop when hitting against lefties, as his average hovers around the .380 mark.

The computer has put McCutchen as my lead off hitter against a left handed pitcher, while Brantley gets the lead off spot against righties.

Since I don't have Altuve's, I can't make a direct comparison, but in close to 4,000 at bats Brantley is batting .404, hits a HR every 30.4 at bats, and has a 76% stolen base success rate. Cano and Altuve are somewhat of a toss up, but I would take Brantley over either as my lead off hitter.
  • Options
    so it works. the tournaments give you every single player. my phone has already really started lagging when bringing up stats/team sections and the loading time between innings sucks...and i only have 450 inactives. but once the page loads, it's fine.

as of now, i just need gold to draft players. i only get 4.5/5 star players in the #1 pick and i already drafted a few 5* players today: scherzer, jose bautista and aramis ramirez.

after i get my ideal team, i'm contemplating whether i should turn the in-actives in or not. it would be hard to turn in so many 5 star players, but the lag does get annoying and should only get worse as i have at least 50 more players left to get. that or i could tough it out until i get a new phone in 3 months that can probably handle it easily.

also, any advice on who should be my starting 2b: altuve (9/2/9) or cano (9/4/5)? i feel like 9 speed trumps 4 power, but i was wondering what you guys thought? altuve seems like an ideal leadoff guy.

Danny Santana seems like the ideal leadoff batter, on paper. 9/3/9 switch hitter. I figure I will use him and put Tulowitzki in the DH position, when I get to the point of picking and choosing.

I would probably choose Altuve anyways, myself. I have kept a tally of every time 9 speed has saved me, and when not having 9 speed as hindered me, and it is a lot of situations.

• Options
    gregadamsgregadams Registered Users 298 Posts
    I finally have enough gold and cash to take my run for it. I am going to skip the late rounders and start with the second rounders. I have the new iPad air 2. One concern I have is I have a lot of games where I am waiting for the players turn. These games are weeks old. Does anyone know if this will slow the game down when I start drafting players. Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    Danny Santana seems like the ideal leadoff batter, on paper. 9/3/9 switch hitter. I figure I will use him and put Tulowitzki in the DH position, when I get to the point of picking and choosing.

I would probably choose Altuve anyways, myself. I have kept a tally of every time 9 speed has saved me, and when not having 9 speed as hindered me, and it is a lot of situations.
    santana is the best leadoff hitter, but using him will remove v-mart's 9/8 bat from the lineup (the third best hitter in the whole game). that's too steep a price, IMO. that's why i prefer altuve to lead off.
  • Options
    santana is the best leadoff hitter, but using him will remove v-mart's 9/8 bat from the lineup (the third best hitter in the whole game). that's too steep a price, IMO. that's why i prefer altuve to lead off.

I haven't made a locked-and-loaded team yet, but I would certainly evaluate the pros and cons of 9/8/2 vs 9/3/9.

As of right now I feel like I would lean towards 9/3/9, due to the lack of 9 speed in the majority of 9-hitters.

• Options
    Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
    I generally go for speed too, but Vmart you have to keep in your line up. In my opinion he's the best hitter in the game. There are a few good options of 9 hit high speed guys. You mentioned Altuve. Harrison R 958, Brentley L 957, and Revere 4.5,star L 919 are all good examples.
  • Options
    Amused_79 wrote: »
    I generally go for speed too, but Vmart you have to keep in your line up. In my opinion he's the best hitter in the game. There are a few good options of 9 hit high speed guys. You mentioned Altuve. Harrison R 958, Brentley L 957, and Revere 4.5,star L 919 are all good examples.
    i haven't gotten tulo yet so i've been running out santana, harrison and altuve, and i'm really liking this lineup. santana is a beast. trying not to get attached though. i'll probably play around with the lineups.
  • Options
    redcedarredcedar Registered Users 15 Posts

How hard is the 200 gold tournament? I have mostly 4 star batters and relief pitchers; but mostly 3.5 star Starting Pitchers. All my upgrades are at 5 or 6 stars...

I got beat up in the championship game in the 35K twice and decided to call it quits until i got better players...
  • Options
    dtrain987dtrain987 Registered Users 198 Posts
    You will probably be OK until the final game, and then have a 50/50 shot.

I have one 5* and two 4.5* hitters, rest are 4* and my pitchers are mostly 4*. I win a high majority of the time in the first three games, and I'm about 60-70% on the final game. It categorizes the 200 gold tourney as "easy" and the two harder tourneys as "medium" to me.
  • Options
    BrandalooBrandaloo Registered Users 17 Posts
    i really don't, haha.

i can confirm that i had every 4* pitcher listed in the player list on this forum, but that's it. i stopped following all the players i won afterwards.

Can you give me a guesstimate on how many tournaments you had to win? I've been at it for a couple of weeks now and am running out of patience. I played enough tournaments to win Kershaw last week for $15K gold. I would guess I've almost spent that much again by now.

Did you notice a pattern in the types of players you won? When I first started I was winning all star pitchers, then I started winning 4 star non-pitchers, then 3.5 star non-pitchers. Now I'm winning 3.5 star pitchers.
    I'm guessing that I will have to win all the 3.5 pitchers, then 3 star non-pithcers and finally 3 star pitchers. Can you confirm this for me?

Thank you very much!