Options

Legend box & prime box

Comments

• Options
    tbattitbatti Registered Users 433 Posts
    I wouldn't take a 6/6 over 9/2. I would argue that Wright's 9/9 COULD be comparable to Boggs' 12/5 though.

On average, Boggs could go 9-20 with 6 singles, 2 doubles, and 1 HR (.450 AVG, 1.100 OPS)
    Wright might go 7-20 with 2 singles, 2 doubles, and 3 HR (.350 AVG, 1.250 OPS)

If you would take 9/2/1 over 6/6/6 how can you not take a 12/5/3 over 9/9/9 ?
  • Options
    TampaRoyalsTampaRoyals Registered Users 95 Posts
    tbatti wrote: »
    If you would take 9/2/1 over 6/6/6 how can you not take a 12/5/3 over 9/9/9 ?

Because 6/6/6's power isn't going to be good enough to make up for the lower amount of hits. 6 power isn't really all that good. At least with the 9/2/1 you'd get a lot of hits. I want someone who can do it all offensively first of all, but if they can't do it all, then I'd rather them get base hits.

Wright can do it all, but he can mostly get a lot more XBH than Boggs. He'll probably HR every 6-7 AB on this game whereas Boggs won't homer but once every ~30 AB. I'd rather have someone who can get lots of doubles and HR even if he gets fewer hits than someone who hits mostly singles. Higher OPS = more runs

Not saying Wright would have a higher OPS than Boggs...I'm not talking certainty, but I do think it would be close.

Edit: Plus, Wright would own the "tiebreaker" with his speed. More steals, be able to score from 1st more often on an xBH, etc.
  • Options
    tbattitbatti Registered Users 433 Posts
    Because 6/6/6's power isn't going to be good enough to make up for the lower amount of hits. 6 power isn't really all that good. At least with the 9/2/1 you'd get a lot of hits. I want someone who can do it all offensively first of all, but if they can't do it all, then I'd rather them get base hits.

Wright can do it all, but he can mostly get a lot more XBH than Boggs. He'll probably HR every 6-7 AB on this game whereas Boggs won't homer but once every ~30 AB. I'd rather have someone who can get lots of doubles and HR even if he gets fewer hits than someone who hits mostly singles. Higher OPS = more runs

Not saying Wright would have a higher OPS than Boggs...I'm not talking certainty, but I do think it would be close.

Edit: Plus, Wright would own the "tiebreaker" with his speed. More steals, be able to score from 1st more often on an xBH, etc.

Speed becomes a lesser factor when you have guys that can all hit. The increase is the same in both scenarios. You are arguing against your own point.
  • Options
    Speed becomes a lesser factor when you have guys that can all hit. The increase is the same in both scenarios. You are arguing against your own point.

Speed wasn't a major point in my equation though, so I'm not sure why that's the only thing you brought up.

My major point that Wright's power being a 9 vs. Boggs' 5 makes him just as strong, especially when Wright's hit is also a 9 (very strong).

Wright can hit for a very good average and have many xBH. Boggs can hit for an exceptional average but very few HR.
  • Options
    astrosbaseball2016astrosbaseball2016 Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
    Geez. Look at Wright's numbers, then play with Boggs. If Wright hits .375 with a 1500 OBP, then you shouldn't play Boggs unless he is hitting at least .425, if not .450.
  • Options
    deerhunter716deerhunter716 Registered Users, Member 155 Posts
    It's not even close Boggs over Wright everyday and Boggs is a lefty, lol

I take 9 2 1 over 6 6 6 . You undervaluing a 12 Hit player. If you had the all legend team in 2015 version 12 hit guys breath on the ball on you're on base.

Agreed 12 hit is huge and will be on base a lot more than Wright and being a Lefty with a LOT more RHP is another plus.
  • Options
    The GreekThe Greek Registered Users 24 Posts
    Y'all forget about Boggs. It's all about Ryan anyway. That chum looks unhittable.
  • Options
    rasinrasin Registered Users 77 Posts
    I spent 45K gold and still did not get Mauer. That is approximately 64 tries.

Another Glu Scam, even worse than the 5*/Legend draft pick. The chance are not 1 in 8. I repeat the CHANCES ARE NOT 1 in 8. You are being defrauded by Glu. Absolutely a fraud when you are taking people's money based upon the representation that there are certain odds in landing a player. The funny thing is that I only landed the 4.5 star player once (which, again, shows you what a fraud this whole thing is).

Basically ruins the fun of this game when you spend that kind of gold and don't get the player.

I totally agree with this point after spending some time playing with mystery boxes.
    The actual chance to get a prime player from prime box is
    1/all five star players+all 4.5 star players+all 4 star players+#1 draft+franchise coins+3 different amount of cash)
    let's assume the number of 5, 4.5, 4 star players are 1000 so basically, you are going to have 0.1% chance to get a prime player.

The chance is even worse than 5-star draft. So if you really pick prime player less than 10 or 20 tries, you are really lucky.
  • Options
    MvpdonaldsonMvpdonaldson Registered Users 146 Posts
    The Greek wrote: »
    Y'all forget about Boggs. It's all about Ryan anyway. That chum looks unhittable.

Yeah I think I am gonna need me one of those.
  • Options
    Superapids135Superapids135 Registered Users 368 Posts
    Everything with glu is rigged against you
  • Options
    JbsherrJbsherr Registered Users, Member 107 Posts
    Everything with glu is rigged against you

Not questioning that at all but I won Hershiser and Niekro total in 11 tries. 6x on Hershiser and 5X on Niekro. On Thursday got Mauer from prime box after 3 times. I find it best to go quick and to retain the draft picks received while opening them instead of stopping and trading them in.
  • Options
    Agreed 12 hit is huge and will be on base a lot more than Wright and being a Lefty with a LOT more RHP is another plus.

I would take a hitter who gets on base less if he hits for more power and gets more xBH. Higher OPS = more runs

I'll take a big HR hitter over a singles hitter anyday
  • Options
    CheesemanCheeseman Registered Users 174 Posts
    I think you should go for hitting over power.
  • Options
    rasin wrote: »
    I totally agree with this point after spending some time playing with mystery boxes.
    The actual chance to get a prime player from prime box is
    1/all five star players+all 4.5 star players+all 4 star players+#1 draft+franchise coins+3 different amount of cash)
    let's assume the number of 5, 4.5, 4 star players are 1000 so basically, you are going to have 0.1% chance to get a prime player.

The chance is even worse than 5-star draft. So if you really pick prime player less than 10 or 20 tries, you are really lucky.

Yeah you basically have a 12.5% chance of getting the legend every time you click on the box.

But since you're picking multiple times, let's say you pick 8 times, which you would think you'd get it on the 8th attempt since there are 8 options.

(12.5 * 8) - (.875^8) = 1 - .3436 = 65.64% chance of winning your prime/legend player after 8 attempts

After 15 attempts, you'd have an 86.6% chance
    After 20 attempts, you'd have a 93% chance
  • Options
    gocubsgo0128gocubsgo0128 Registered Users, Member 272 Posts
    Yeah you basically have a 12.5% chance of getting the legend every time you click on the box.

But since you're picking multiple times, let's say you pick 8 times, which you would think you'd get it on the 8th attempt since there are 8 options.

(12.5 * 8) - (.875^8) = 1 - .3436 = 65.64% chance of winning your prime/legend player after 8 attempts

After 15 attempts, you'd have an 86.6% chance
    After 20 attempts, you'd have a 93% chance
    We don't know for sure that you have a 1/8 chance and that all possible outcomes are weighted equally. Its not outside the realm of possibility that is more like a weighted dice. Where you have a 5% chance at a prime player, 10% and 4.5* and some other combination. You see my point...
  • Options
    We don't know for sure that you have a 1/8 chance and that all possible outcomes are weighted equally. Its not outside the realm of possibility that is more like a weighted dice. Where you have a 5% chance at a prime player, 10% and 4.5* and some other combination. You see my point...

I wouldn't be surprised if they weighed the blue cash prize heavier than the prime/legend player. That is the unknown.

If everyone posted how many attempts it took to SUCCESSFULLY win the legend then we could figure out a decent estimate if we had a good enough sample size (enough people won the legend).
  • Options
    Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    I wouldn't be surprised if they weighed the blue cash prize heavier than the prime/legend player. That is the unknown.

If everyone posted how many attempts it took to SUCCESSFULLY win the legend then we could figure out a decent estimate if we had a good enough sample size (enough people won the legend).

It seems, based on samples taken from this post, odds of getting a Legend are approximately 1 in WhyTheHellBother.
  • Options
    Cooz19 wrote: »
    It seems, based on samples taken from this post, odds of getting a Legend are approximately 1 in WhyTheHellBother.

I certainly wouldn't risk it unless I had something like 40k gold to blow and I had my upgrades completed.

In the chance that I did go for it, I'd be thrilled if it took anything less than 30,000 in gold.
  • Options
    Nortie3Nortie3 Registered Users 14 Posts
    I spent 46k in gold all on legend boxes (23tries) still haven't gotten Nolan Ryan glu is a joke
  • Options
    Nortie3 wrote: »
    I spent 46k in gold all on legend boxes (23tries) still haven't gotten Nolan Ryan glu is a joke

mmm hmm. . . #WhyTheHellBother
  • Options
    boyd23boyd23 Registered Users 1 Posts
    I spent 50,000 trying to get Nolan Ryan and did not get him. I did hear others spent 16,000 and got Ryan and Hersizer. So I complained because I kept getting guys the same guys 6 or 7 times and getting players that were not even in my box selection. I was ripped off so I sent them a text tolf them to figure it out or I will not spend another dime with them.
  • Options
    2weighlift2weighlift Registered Users 66 Posts
    I picked Adam Eaton with 8 consecutive picks even though I had already received him in fan rewards
  • Options
    2weighlift wrote: »
    I picked Adam Eaton with 8 consecutive picks even though I had already received him in fan rewards

So if you want Adam Eaton, it seems like buying this box is the way to go.
  • Options
    2weighlift2weighlift Registered Users 66 Posts
    Thanks Cooz, but I would rather someone different (:
  • Options
    2weighlift wrote: »
    Thanks Cooz, but I would rather someone different (:

9th time's a charm, maybe. The next one you get will be like 14-13-15 or something.
  • Options
    gigemagsgigemags Registered Users, Member 40 Posts
    My Legend Mystery Box experience .....

Got my first 5-star (not Prime) player at 60k gold (Prince Fielder), and Nolan Ryan at 84k. In my 42 draws, I got Adam Eaton 9 times and 40k cash 12 times. I never received the 7x 1st Rd Draft Pick option (not that I wanted it). The rest were basically the exact 4-stars you see on the Info list, although Adam Eaton was extremely popular.

Needless to say, as much of an addiction as it is, no more cash is being spent on this game for me unless Glu can sort out their math. I'm several thousand-dollars into this account and have all but abandoned it in lieu of a free, low-level account that actually wins without having to boost every event game. I fully understand progressive competition, but there's no doubt in my mind that high-$ accounts are handicapped (not high-LEVEL ... high-DOLLAR). I also understand autoplay shouldn't be a guarantee ... but there's no other option if you want to compete on weekends. Try scoring 10 million points playing manually. :)
  • Options
    Aperez008Aperez008 Registered Users 27 Posts
    Got Nolan within the first 35k considered myself lucky, spend an extra 15 to see if Orel was a possible option but did not get lucky I guess. Did end up getting Mauer for the extra amount which I'm happy bout I guess.
  • Options
    BuckFutterBuckFutter Registered Users, Member 40 Posts
    I spent 6k on three legend boxes, and got Nolan Ryan with the first, Brandon Belt with the second (who was the last remaining piece I needed to trade for Prime Pujols), and Orel Hershiser with the third. I'm currently considering quitting the game entirely now, because there's no way Glu will ever allow me to get that lucky ever again.
  • Options
    Aperez008Aperez008 Registered Users 27 Posts
    BuckFutter wrote: »
    I spent 6k on three legend boxes, and got Nolan Ryan with the first, Brandon Belt with the second (who was the last remaining piece I needed to trade for Prime Pujols), and Orel Hershiser with the third. I'm currently considering quitting the game entirely now, because there's no way Glu will ever allow me to get that lucky ever again.

Wow! Lol play the lotto it's your lucky day
  • Options
    Bballer14Bballer14 Registered Users, Member 110 Posts
    gigemags wrote: »
    My Legend Mystery Box experience .....

Got my first 5-star (not Prime) player at 60k gold (Prince Fielder), and Nolan Ryan at 84k. In my 42 draws, I got Adam Eaton 9 times and 40k cash 12 times. I never received the 7x 1st Rd Draft Pick option (not that I wanted it). The rest were basically the exact 4-stars you see on the Info list, although Adam Eaton was extremely popular.

FWIW, Nolan Ryan currently has a 6.04 ERA for me ... I'm MVP with all Primes plus Boone/Bagwell/Jackson and max Upgrades, but am consistently, severely outmatched in 60% of the games I play. Without boosts, I'd say I win 35-40% of my games total (because I only win about 70% of games when I outmatch my opponent in every category). I've also never finished a Playoff; in fact, I've not even made it to a Playoff because I get promoted long before then at each level.

Needless to say, as much of an addiction as it is, no more cash is being spent on this game for me unless Glu can sort out their math. I'm several thousand-dollars into this account and have all but abandoned it in lieu of a free, low-level account that actually wins without having to boost every event game. I fully understand progressive competition, but there's no doubt in my mind that high-$ accounts are handicapped (not high-LEVEL ... high-DOLLAR). I also understand autoplay shouldn't be a guarantee ... but there's no other option if you want to compete on weekends. Try scoring 10 million points playing manually. :)

Well said and can't blame you. How frustrating. Much cheaper to play baseball live on xbox or playstation...It least you know the team you are competing against and it comes down to some actual skill to win.