Options

Cheating 2

Comments

• Options
    victorthigpenvictorthigpen Registered Users 66 Posts
    He's just messing with you man. No one old enough to have a 36 year old son goes on the internet and insults people like this. at least not over tap sports baseball. Also, not being able to hit the fastball doesn't matter because you mainly have to simulate the games anyway, and if he truly had that bad of arthritis he wouldn't be able to type so easily to make all these posts so fast, haha.
  • Options
    That comment was meant for atowndown but you both also make good points in answering my original question.
  • Options
    grantile123grantile123 Registered Users 304 Posts
    Good deductive reasoning! There are too many intelligent people on this forum for these guys to keep trying to defend their reprehensible behavior!
  • Options
    aTownDownaTownDown Registered Users 271 Posts
    Last to the Dad of the 36 year old child that is already cheating life by having his daddy pay for his video game habit! The leader of the group said that not everyone knows and that they make the new guys pay real cash. But I doubt that this is the case! If you are naïve enough to pay your 36 yr old son's credit cards, then I am sure that you will believe anything he tells you!

@OnDeck, questions, comments, or concerns?
  • Options
    OnDeckOnDeck Registered Users 54 Posts
    Just a sec- my arthritis started acting up :)
  • Options
    Well played, sir.
  • Options
    I have a proposal - He was serious the whole way, until he realized that he lost and tried to turn it into a joke. Seems pretty convinced that Robots don't cheat.
  • Options
    MvpdonaldsonMvpdonaldson Registered Users 146 Posts
    aTownDown wrote: »
    I have a proposal - He was serious the whole way, until he realized that he lost and tried to turn it into a joke. Seems pretty convinced that Robots don't cheat.

Maybe, but literally anyone who can read knows that they do. And then had the gall to try to fake a bunch of messages to make it look fraudulent.
  • Options
    Think about it this way. It's been proven that cheating in general, exists, and people are aware of the ways to cheat. So, given that cheating exists, wouldn't the people most likely to be cheating be the people that win every single event by insane amounts because, if another group was cheating and truly hacking the game, couldn't they just beat them whenever they wanted? The only way to be unbeatable in a game where a certain percentage of people are majorly cheating is to be the best at cheating.
  • Options
    gocubsgo0128gocubsgo0128 Registered Users, Member 272 Posts
    Not sure if there is a way to figure this out but a good way to tell if there is cheating or not is to look at their progression. If there is a slow steady build up to dominance then it is less likely to say something is going on. If all of a sudden they went from club that finished top 10 regularly and had 4-5 million on weekend then were all of a sudden jumping to 50 and 100 million then I would say they figured something out to beat the system. That being said I don't have the data to see which is true.

Also a suggestion to GLU to see if this is going on, they could keep a record of how much gold you had right before and right after you spent gold. IE if one has 10k in gold now and buys a legend box obviously their gold should go down to 8k, if it only goes down to 9,999 then clearly they did something to manipulate the cost of the box.
  • Options
    Dsauce22Dsauce22 Registered Users 33 Posts
    Just to add to it, those messages are from Tuesday June 7th. I can send them with the time stamp on it. I've been holding onto them for a little while now.
  • Options
    BottombBottomb Registered Users 9 Posts
    If you all are concerned about cheating, think about how the business runs. People will eventually get frustrated and quite playing altogether. Which will impact glu's budget. Stop spending money and things will start happening. The cheating will stop. Prices could go down. Stop recommending the game, and this impacts their bottom line by not getting future customers. I'm not saying to stop playing. I am saying stop spending real money and things will get done. Companies secure future business by the likeliness of their customers to recommend. Just my thoughts.
  • Options
    OnDeckOnDeck Registered Users 54 Posts
    Ok, I put some vapor rub on my hands to calm down the arthritis, now I can type. I think some gamers are so caught up in the forum that you are not seeing the big picture unfolding in front of you. Glu is in the gaming business to make money. If and when a hack exists, it would not make business sense to shut down Robots. why? because it is a cash cow. you have 15-18 gamers spending REAL cash that hits Glu's bottom line. It's a theory I like to call, "too big to fail". You have a few clubs that are too big to fail because they generate real money. Now...it's easy to catch a cheat....all Gold purchases are in increments of 5...100,250,500,2000 etc...you can find a cheat if his Gold total amount doesn't end in a 5 or 0...because All Gold transactions are systematic in nature...
  • Options
    OnDeck wrote: »
    Ok, I put some vapor rub on my hands to calm down the arthritis, now I can type. I think some gamers are so caught up in the forum that you are not seeing the big picture unfolding in front of you. Glu is in the gaming business to make money. If and when a hack exists, it would not make business sense to shut down Robots. why? because it is a cash cow. you have 15-18 gamers spending REAL cash that hits Glu's bottom line. It's a theory I like to call, "too big to fail". You have a few clubs that are too big to fail because they generate real money. Now...it's easy to catch a cheat....all Gold purchases are in increments of 5...100,250,500,2000 etc...you can find a cheat if his Gold total amount doesn't end in a 5 or 0...because All Gold transactions are systematic in nature...

The point is proving that Robots is cheating. No one suggested to shut them down, because we know greedy Glu won't do that. We are all just showing that they are all just a bunch of scumbags who cheat, despite all of their attempts to deny it.

As for the whole "How to catch a cheater" tutorial. There are gold videos that give 4 gold per video, which will throw that off. Plus in more offers, there are 1 gold videos.
  • Options
    deerhunter716deerhunter716 Registered Users, Member 155 Posts

So Robots 15-18 members are literally spending thousands upon thousands of $ then to get the types of legensds nobody is even close to getting due to the $ required?
  • Options
    This conversation is getting stale. It is blatantly obvious that they are cheating. There is evidence to support that they are cheating typed by the hand of a member of the perpetrators. They have Zero rational explanation as to how they score the way they do, or how they have the players they have. Nothing they say holds water.

I am really interested in what Glu is going to do about it?
  • Options

Yeah the gold ending in an increment of 5 isn't going to work. 4 gold videos, like a town said, 79 gold to push a trade through for Correa. Numerous other flaws with that thought. So your theory is that you should let a club continue to cheat because it generates more revenue.....how exactly. If a quarter of their club is scripting and not spending cash, they are providing the rest of the club with the means to win games by buying boosts for minimal gold, which would impede the spending of the rest of the members of the club. (BTW I would think that a quarter of the club cheating is a low estimate) To further show lack of profits, anyone that sees that they are in the same grouping with robots, or an individual grouping with one of their cheating A$$ members is not going to spend money as they see (especially now ) that they don't stand a chance.

To prove my point, the weekend that Machado was the individual reward.... I spent more than I ever had on this game in cold cash because I needed him and I new I was competitive in trying to get him. There were a handful of guys that were going back and forth down to the wire to get him. On the flip side of that coin, no one, and I mean NO one was spending last weekend trying to win when they saw that douche bag from robots had 19 million points.

How is it good business sense to let your customers become frustrated and stop spending money?
  • Options
    MookieCrispMookieCrisp Registered Users 28 Posts
    Bottomb wrote: »
    If you all are concerned about cheating, think about how the business runs. People will eventually get frustrated and quite playing altogether. Which will impact glu's budget. Stop spending money and things will start happening. The cheating will stop. Prices could go down. Stop recommending the game, and this impacts their bottom line by not getting future customers. I'm not saying to stop playing. I am saying stop spending real money and things will get done. Companies secure future business by the likeliness of their customers to recommend. Just my thoughts.

THIS IS THE BEST WAY TO FIX WHAT YOU HATE ABOUT GLU.

If everyone stops spending real money maybe something will get done to lower player costs, increase opportunities to get gold, etc. just stop spending money. That's the solution. Everyone get on board if you want a better game
  • Options
    zerohero99zerohero99 Registered Users 154 Posts
    While I am not a coder, I do understand network security and used to be a pen tester.

I'm a bit too lazy to look at the network traffic for this particular app, but, assuming it is unencrypted since Glu is probably too lazy to deal with encryption, you could easily push the program through a manual proxy and edit the values being returned to the server. So, for example, change the "runs scored" variable or whatever it is called at the end of the inning to 50.

Doesn't sound like this is how people are cheating, but just pointing out there's a lot of ways this could be accomplished. Regardless of the fact that this game is server side, it still requires input from the client to operate. And that is why it is hackable...
  • Options
    Bartolo BombsquadBartolo Bombsquad Registered Users 58 Posts
    Shoot, we drew the short end of the stick and wound up in these suckers' pool for the weekend. Guess that means no Prime Josh for us unless we CHEAT LIKE ROBOTS. C'mon now.
  • Options
    Shoot, we drew the short end of the stick and wound up in these suckers' pool for the weekend. Guess that means no Prime Josh for us unless we CHEAT LIKE ROBOTS. C'mon now.
    Any time a decent club ends up in their weekend group you should just leave. Take the fun out of it for them. They hate not having competition. But then again when you have unlimited club boosts is there really ever competition?!
  • Options
    how many million have those cheating bas tards put up already?
  • Options
    IamWeToddDidIamWeToddDid Registered Users, Member 333 Posts
    Dsauce22 wrote: »
    Any time a decent club ends up in their weekend group you should just leave. Take the fun out of it for them. They hate not having competition. But then again when you have unlimited club boosts is there really ever competition?!

Don't you think they would find competition then if that's the reason?
  • Options
    TampaRoyalsTampaRoyals Registered Users 95 Posts
    Cheating is involved in every sport and every game. It's unfortunate, but a very small percentage of players are actually on this forum on a regular basis, which means that you're not going to have everyone band together and simply quit spending any money.

If cheating on the game bothers one that much, they should simply quit. That's not meant to be insulting, but honestly, there are thousands of games and many other baseball games to choose from.
  • Options
    Don't you think they would find competition then if that's the reason?
    Any club who would give them a run is on these forums.
  • Options
    IamWeToddDidIamWeToddDid Registered Users, Member 333 Posts
    I'm not gonna spell out what I would do on this forum if I was them after everything that's gone on here
  • Options
    Bartolo BombsquadBartolo Bombsquad Registered Users 58 Posts
    how many million have those cheating bas tards put up already?

Only about 12M. They haven't gone completely crazy like last week yet.
  • Options
    Aperez008Aperez008 Registered Users 27 Posts
    Only about 12M. They haven't gone completely crazy like last week yet.

Thats twice as much as the number one in our bracket at 6m tap machine. They're legit tho just good
  • Options
    Bballer14Bballer14 Registered Users, Member 110 Posts
    My club has been in Robots bracket every day for the past 9 days, we can't compete.

Last Weekend event
    ROBOTS 110,544,616 1st
    DRIOD1 64,126,805 2nd
    NUTPUNCHERS 19,054,623 3rd
    CORE 8 6,665,838 4th
    MY CLUB 594,479 43rd (we gave up, too many cheaters)

This week bonus game
    ROBOTS 4,376,210 1st
    MY CLUB 1,114,234 14th

This week Wed Event
    ROBOTS 6,266,780 1st
    PROSCOUTS 2,981,830 2nd
    MY CLUB 311,115 37th. We gave up, had no chance at top 10.

This week Tuesday Event
    ROBOTS 6,395,099 1st
    PROSCOUTS 6,226,280 2nd
    NUTPUNCHERS 4,591,441 3rd
    WANTSUMGETSUM 3,975,674 4th
    BATTERS UP 13 1,405,916 10th
    MY Club 266,634 26th.

I don't understand the enjoyment of cheating, must be a bunch of computer geeks or nerds with too much time on their hands.
  • Options
    Bballer14Bballer14 Registered Users, Member 110 Posts
    Oh this is normal, right?

Current weekend event as of Saturday 2:15 PST

1. Robots 26,588,674
    2. Gottheruns 11,145,106
    3. Wantsumgetsum 10,612,998
    4. Nutpunchers 6,652,128
    5. Bayareabros 5,578,551
    6. Clitchcity3 4,014,396
    7. Robbierossflow 3,276,031
    8. Hax4 3,228,900