Options

It's Official...GLU says uninstall and reinstall app (as long as your account is backed up!!)

2Next

Comments

• Options
    Trajan117Trajan117 Registered Users, Member 22 Posts
    I don’t know if my account is backed up or not, but I’m not taking any chances. Gonna have to wait this one out, it appears.
  • Options
    LonzoBallinLonzoBallin Registered Users, Member 637 Posts
    Trajan117 said:

I don’t know if my account is backed up or not, but I’m not taking any chances. Gonna have to wait this one out, it appears.

That's probably the best option. GLU did say you could contact customer support and they could link your account to an email if it is not currently backed up, but they may have a solution in place before support would be able to get you back up and running.
    Proud TSB VIP!
  • Options
    caddie2323caddie2323 Registered Users, Member 187 Posts
    @Haraycaray that’s crazy!!! Figure that would never have issues lol.  Unless u got charged double that is. 
  • Options
    Trajan117Trajan117 Registered Users, Member 22 Posts
    That's probably the best option. GLU did say you could contact customer support and they could link your account to an email if it is not currently backed up, but they may have a solution in place before support would be able to get you back up and running.
    That’s what I was thinking. I put in a ticket to see if they could answer if I had backed up my account or not, but I haven’t heard back yet. 
  • Options
    SupremeKingSupremeKing Registered Users, Member 24 Posts
    How do I contact them about backing up my team if I can’t access the app?
  • Options
    AdorableKittensAdorableKittens Registered Users, Member 6 Posts
    Well, after being chicken all day I finally decided to risk the uninstall/reinstall method, rather than lose out on club and individual rewards from yesterday. First I tried doing the Offload App thing from settings, which keeps all the app’s user data on your device while removing the app itself. That didn’t work; still crashed like before. So I gritted my teeth, crossed my fingers, and did a full uninstall. Reinstalled; game loaded normally; & of course I’d been logged out, so I had to do the silly tutorial. Then I went to settings & said a quick prayer before trying to log in to my existing account. Had a brief panic realizing I wasn’t sure which PW I’d used, but I got it right on the first guess. And... it worked! My team is back in fine shape and I got the rewards from yesterday. Now I’m just kicking myself for waiting so long.

I’m not sure what could’ve made it not work for others who’ve posted failures, but my team was connected to email and the uninstall/reinstall/log in to existing email account method worked perfectly for me. For what it’s worth, I’m on an iPhone 5s with iOS 10.something; haven’t upgraded to 11 yet & didn’t want to until this got sorted out. Good luck everyone!
  • Options
    bogbreastedmanbogbreastedman Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    Well this is great.  On 6.8 level and boom bye bye. Probably will not be able to beat it now.  Hopefully they will donus right. 
  • Options
    whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    Well I got screwed over Sunday, app completely froze so I restarted it only to see 1200 gold was missing. Apparently while the app was frozen I bought 2 willie mays xp boxes, even though I don’t own that player and could never afford to 1 buy a legend or level him up they won’t refund my gold. I could understand if it was prime picks or something useful but nope I’m stuck with the purchase and was given troubleshooting instructions and told to be more careful
  • Options
    LonzoBallinLonzoBallin Registered Users, Member 637 Posts

How do I contact them about backing up my team if I can’t access the app?

@SupremeKing you can submit a support ticket here: https://t.co/HrNWA3amdk
    Proud TSB VIP!
  • Options
    AdorableKittensAdorableKittens Registered Users, Member 6 Posts
    whammo911 said:
    Well I got screwed over Sunday, app completely froze so I restarted it only to see 1200 gold was missing. Apparently while the app was frozen I bought 2 willie mays xp boxes, even though I don’t own that player and could never afford to 1 buy a legend or level him up they won’t refund my gold. I could understand if it was prime picks or something useful but nope I’m stuck with the purchase and was given troubleshooting instructions and told to be more careful
    @whammo911 they seriously wouldn’t give you any help on that Sunday thing still?! Have you tried getting help from website support rather than in-game? See above post for link. If not, try that. Hopefully you took at least one screenshot... I know it’s impossible to predict a crazy crash so there’s no real way to be sure you have a “before” shot, but any time there’s a problem or even seems like there might be, first thing should be taking a screenshot.

In any case, try the website support link if you haven’t. If you already did or they can’t/won’t help within a day or two, I have one other idea... so if necessary PM me in game and we’ll discuss. You’re one of our club’s very best and I want to help you fix this if I possibly can!
  • Options
    yankees1ciayankees1cia Registered Users, Member 9 Posts
    I accidentally bought a Ruth box with the same thinking.  Could never afford it so why would I ever purposely buy one.  Same answer, no refunds, be more careful.  
  • Options
    ExposMontrealExposMontreal Registered Users, Member 242 Posts
    I never said that you should reset your ID, I said that doing so gives you the ability to watch more, I don't do it but I know some guy in my club did and told me. Well, @dkarski87 that's good to know because I keep getting lied by CS.
    ExposMontreal - 71K Strenght - Silver V
    “There was always something missing in Montreal.” – Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Yea I never reset mine. I do lots of offers when I can and since we dont get many good ones here in Canada I take advantage when I can. I know lots of people who have been banned from tapjoy for resetting Ids too much. To me, its not worth it.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    ExposMontrealExposMontreal Registered Users, Member 242 Posts
    dkarski87 said:

Yea I never reset mine. I do lots of offers when I can and since we dont get many good ones here in Canada I take advantage when I can. I know lots of people who have been banned from tapjoy for resetting Ids too much. To me, its not worth it.

Same thing, i'm from Montreal so I probably get the same offers and the good ones really don't come that often, but like you said it wouldn't be worth it to be banned from TapJoy a bit more gold.
    ExposMontreal - 71K Strenght - Silver V
    “There was always something missing in Montreal.” – Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    midnightmaraudermidnightmarauder Registered Users, Member 122 Posts

I’m waiting to see something in the “announcements” section. I’m iOS and never updated. 

you mean the section where they don't announce anything other than the next player box you can buy?
  • Options
    ameeshcubbieameeshcubbie Registered Users, Member 184 Posts
    @midnightmarauder
    lol, correct. But I got tired of waiting so I did like everyone is saying. Deleted app, reinstalled with email and PW. All is good!

now I’m in Canada on vacation for a few days. Curious to see if I get different offers based on what some of the previous commenters said haha.
  • Options
    steve27614steve27614 Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    Will say reinstalled and worked, was backed up via fb