Options

Labor Day Box

Comments

• Options
    Denver710BombersDenver710Bombers Registered Users, Member 25 Posts
    edited September 2018
    So I spend about 2-3k trying to get a player in the weekend box and no luck... Get a box as a free gift and boom got Snell. Guess they threw a dog a bone lol
  • Options
    HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
    2-15 today...I’ll take it! 
  • Options
    royallyscrewedroyallyscrewed Registered Users, Member 27 Posts
    I was 8-40 today... Problem is I have two 3rd baseman, and 2 1st baseman so I can't play all of them.
  • Options
    BDFeatedBDFeated Registered Users, Member 14 Posts
    Spent $300 on gold pulled 5 players got VIP. Holding my club at #9 right now. Not one signature pick out of 10 picks. 😕
  • Options
    mrfadedglorymrfadedglory Registered Users, Member 16 Posts
    I have been guilty of kicking myself in the teeeeth
  • Options
    pennythoughtspennythoughts Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    I made the mistake of blowing 4K gold on Labor Day boxes only to again be disappointed. With the freebies I’m now 0-10. Never again. I’m done buying weekend boxes with these kind of odds. I was 0-12 last weekend, which means I’m 0-22 in all. 10% odds to get a prime or 5-star? Lies, based on my experience 
  • Options
    qkponyqkpony Registered Users, Member 111 Posts
    I got the mountain of gold for $69 and in 8 boxes I got this. So it was better than last week for me. 
  • Options
    TenwetheTenwethe Registered Users, Member 88 Posts
    Oddly enough, my second account has pulled a feature player for the past four weeks on the first box. Rendon, Schwarber, Dad, and this week Alvarez. On the other hand, my main account hasn't pulled squat since the original nickname box (Baby Giraffe).
    Arenado or I will put Beuhler on DL
  • Options
    LonzoBallinLonzoBallin Registered Users, Member 637 Posts
    Tenwethe said:

Oddly enough, my second account has pulled a feature player for the past four weeks on the first box. Rendon, Schwarber, Dad, and this week Alvarez. On the other hand, my main account hasn't pulled squat since the original nickname box (Baby Giraffe).

There could be something to this. I have the most horrific luck with my primary account, often defying the odds with statistically significant lack of success. I have a second account I don't use and just made an account for my daughter, and they have pulled many quality players at an insanely high rate in comparison.
    Proud TSB VIP!
  • Options
    bravesfanlabravesfanla Registered Users, Member 249 Posts
    qkpony said:
    I got the mountain of gold for $69 and in 8 boxes I got this. So it was better than last week for me. 
    I got the mountain of gold and got 1 out of 20. Relief pitcher Alvarez. 
    Tap tap tap tap it in
  • Options
    Tenwethe said:
    How do you get a second account? I’ve wanted to do that but can’t figure out how to logout. Connected via Facebook. 
    Tap tap tap tap it in
  • Options
    LonzoBallinLonzoBallin Registered Users, Member 637 Posts

Tenwethe said:

How do you get a second account? I’ve wanted to do that but can’t figure out how to logout. Connected via Facebook. 

I don't know about @Tenwethe , but most people have more than 1 account by using additional devices. I also think there's an app called Parallel Space on android that may allow you to create more than 1 account on a device.
    Proud TSB VIP!
  • Options
    Tenwethe said:
    I don't know about @Tenwethe , but most people have more than 1 account by using additional devices. I also think there's an app called Parallel Space on android that may allow you to create more than 1 account on a device.
    I’m on iPhone. Only have one device. 
    Tap tap tap tap it in
  • Options
    edited September 2018

Tenwethe said:

I have a second device
  • Options

Tenwethe said:

There could be something to this. I have the most horrific luck with my primary account, often defying the odds with statistically significant lack of success. I have a second account I don't use and just made an account for my daughter, and they have pulled many quality players at an insanely high rate in comparison.
    I remember I read something interesting about games like tap sports baseball. As owners of the game, it is easy for developers to find information such as gold spent, daily activity, or time between pulls. Utilizing this information, they can give more desirable players to new accounts or accounts that have not been logging in frequently in order to make them active. I remember when I started tap sports, I took a week long hiatus early on. I open a first round draft when I come back and boom five star KB (and that KB is the reason I still play lol). Anyways, developers can also sense how many and how frequently one buys a certain box and can bork the odds to encourage buying gold. It works too. When the Wrigley boxes were released, I bought 19 relatively quickly and didn't get anything to show for it. Disappointed, I spent twenty dollars for 4 more boxes and got screwed over.
  • Options
    MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    If it’s going to be that to be competitive every weekend you have to spend $40-$50 I gold, I don’t get how that is sustainable for all of you. You are all a lot wealthier than me, obviously (lol). 
  • Options
    HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
    Went 1-15 officially disappointed. 
  • Options
    jabber83jabber83 Registered Users, Member 41 Posts
    edited September 2018
    MacGruber said:
    I don't know anyone that has gotten a Labor Day player yet.
    I got a Scherzer this evening. 4 boxes this weekend and on the 4th, I got him. A few others in my club got others. No $ or gold spent. All freebies.
  • Options
    seven1treyseven1trey Registered Users, Member 34 Posts
    So far I have only opened 2 or 3 boxes, and I got nada. Several guys in my club have gotten mauled, going like 0 for 30, or 1 for 50. I havent bought yet because I am waiting on some gold but I am holding out no hope whatsoever. As a matter of fact, I am gonna buy the boxes more out of duty to the club than some misguided notion that I will have any significant success. Maybe by lowering my expectations going in I won't be as irritated as I was last weekend when I got smoked on those boxes. Opened a total of I think 33 boxes between bought and freebies and got 3 players total, none of them the super bonus guys. I also continued my streak of never pulling a prime player from a prime pick (around 75 picks or so). 
  • Options
    GondiGondi Registered Users, Member 5 Posts
    Has anyone seen a prime pulled from the Labor Day weekend box? My club hasn’t got any and we usually get 3-4 every weekend. Facebook  has a ton of brag posts of pulling primes. This weekend has nothing.  I was just wondering if anyone has pulled any. 
  • Options
    Radarlove1976Radarlove1976 Registered Users, Member 56 Posts
    I’m about 0-15 on this weekend’s boxes. Pretty frustrating when you spend fifty bucks on gold, and get nothing but xp! I did pretty well on last weekend’s boxes, so I guess I’m paying the price now!
    Jason 
  • Options
    2-25 here. I wanted one of the three Braves in the box. Finally realized it just wasn’t meant to be this time. 
    Tap tap tap tap it in
  • Options
    MickeyCallawayMickeyCallaway Registered Users, Member 6 Posts
    I am 0/22 on event boxes between so far this weekend and last. The only way they are going to increase the odds is if a lot of us stop buying them. 
  • Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Makes me question a few things. My main never pulls any freebies, not ever. My second team which was made just for fun on an old device pulls freebies all the time. 2 last week and 3 this weekend. The last 4 or 5 weeks I have gotten at-least 1 player from boxes on freebies. But my main team never gets anything. Maybe just a coincidence, but seems to be a pattern when I talk to people.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    dkarski87 said:
    Makes me question a few things. My main never pulls any freebies, not ever. My second team which was made just for fun on an old device pulls freebies all the time. 2 last week and 3 this weekend. The last 4 or 5 weeks I have gotten at-least 1 player from boxes on freebies. But my main team never gets anything. Maybe just a coincidence, but seems to be a pattern when I talk to people.
    It’s the bait for the eventual hook
    Tap tap tap tap it in
  • Options
    dkarski87 said:
    It’s the bait for the eventual hook
    Worked on me 😞
    Tap tap tap tap it in
  • Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Yeap makes sense. Get them hooked and they will spend money and buy more to get more. Can't say I am surprised if that was the case... lol
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    2-3 scherzer, hosmer...only have luck with free boxes and PotM...0-allot between any other prime or legend
  • Options
    LtDan95AtlBrvsLtDan95AtlBrvs Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    I am 2-34 in boxes this weekend. 
  • Options
    redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I’m 2-16 on boxes, all of them from CvC/gifts, got Machado and Severino who because my rotation lacks quality will be my 2nd starter once PotM Sale reverts to his permanent rating.