Options

Walk off today!

Radarlove1976Radarlove1976 Registered Users, Member 56 Posts
Whats everyone think; back to Diaz today? Will we get the good version from last Wednesday? Personally I am fine with slightly reduced rewards for a more playable WoH event! I think the thrill is more in beating the damn thing as opposed to getting Prime rewards. Anybody have a guess on how today plays out?
Jason 
Prev13

Comments

• Options
    nym5fannym5fan Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    Betting back to basics from Glu today. Diaz will through curve after curve and the few will beat it while the many will run to forums to vent their frustrations. I hope I am wrong. But I am not very optimistic these days.
    From Wentz he came, he shall be returned!
  • Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    I think they got the message last week from all the complaints they received, even @blueleopard made a comment saying he was struggling big time and spoke with the dev team. My guess is they will stick with sign primes for r10. My guess is Price this week.  Still not easy but a walk in the park compared to diaz, had 2 or 3 cycles last week against miller that took 1 or 2 attempts with the free video restart. His pitches are much manageable then Diaz.

Best of luck to everyone today, if someone gets to the last 4 in lv5 please just make a new post so we dont have to scroll through 3 pages of posts from last week.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    I guess we'll have to wait and see. I did see the post with blue saying that but honestly I don't think the dev team had to be told as I am sure they made it near impossible on purpose and were fully aware of all the negative feedback. Why it took them almost a full month to set it right is anyone's guess.

Now if Diaz comes back with those 80% hittable unhittable pitches again then I would say then it's just borderline sadistic by whomever is calling the shots on that decision. 
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    Yeap. If they go back to diaz today then that's a real slap in the face to its users. Guess we will see in 30min. I never saw the post from Blue but I saw someone post a SS of it somewhere. I am all for challenge as are most people that play WOH, but to a degree. If it was easy then everyone would beat it and it wouldn't be much of a challenge.
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I just hope I don't have to spend all day on it. Rumor has it that the sun will be out today. I'd like to confirm. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    @dkarski87 I am with you 100% on the WOH difficulty level and it should be hard to make it a challenge but as we both agree it has been impossible with Diaz. Below is the post you were looking for:

https://communities.glu.com/tap-sports-baseball-2018/discussion/comment/6632425#Comment_6632425

• Options
    Yeap, I spent 10k last week or the week before with micky on r10 and no go on diaz. Never more then 2 fastballs per sequence. Total waste of gold but I got so pissed off and just kept restarting like GLU wanted me too. With miller I was able to beat him on the first or second try with just video boosts. So big difference in pitchers.
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    @houmy thanks for the post.
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    Well Diaz or no Diaz the choice is easy for me today. Already have Banks, Prime Correa and Mr. Smile so don't really need another SS and wouldn't be worth spending the XP to level him up if I do get him. Gonna play it but no gold.

• Options
    Do we know the last 3 pitchers yet? 5.7 is Sig. Severino and I've restarted the level 4 times so far trying to get past him.

• Options
    edited September 2018
    Sevy R
    Miller L
    price L
    Neris R

– The Great Houmy
  • Options
    midnightmaraudermidnightmarauder Registered Users, Member 122 Posts
    Neris is nasty. Played him 5x with maxed legend Reggie Jackson and couldn't get closer than 5-8. Mostly unhittable pitches, like Diaz. None of the other pitchers gave me any problems. 
  • Options
    Thank you @dkarski87 . Tried Sig. Sevy 6 times with Freeman and couldn't get past him and finally tried Judge and got through him. Price is a pain though so this should take me some time having to restart the level but I don't mind all the bonus game tickets I'm getting out of it.

• Options
    MacGruberMacGruber Registered Users, Member 158 Posts
    @midnightmarauder Agreed. I have never seen that pitch before. It comes down slow, then speeds up and tails away. Insane.
  • Options
    redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    He throws a splitter that acts like a moving fastball and it’s nasty.  I had two attempts and nothing straight and no hits is his skill LH or RH? If it’s RH I may use Gennett instead of Gonzalez I’m not sure it will matter but Gennett while only 420 has RHP skill vs 440 Gonzalez and his not useful for this mode prime game skill.
  • Options
    MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    Neris's splitter seems to speed up half way to the plate.  I didn't get a single regular fastball.  I'm not throwing any gold at him until I hear people having some positive experiences.  Seems impossible to me so far. 
  • Options
    marc8282marc8282 Registered Users, Member 20 Posts
    It has been so long for me since I won this event I have forgotten what it is like lol 
  • Options
    4orty4orty4orty4orty Registered Users, Member 24 Posts
    edited September 2018
    I think it's time to give up on trying to cycle WoH and just embrace it as an easy way to get bonus games, cash, XP which is now useless and the rare 10 gold bars.

Made it to Neris multiple times and couldn't get it done. His skill is against RH so I used a Gold maxed Jim Edmonds whose skill is against RHP. Also did the 20% boost each time. Most of the pitches you'll see have late movement in (on a lefty). They won't get called for a ball, so you'll have to swing eventually. When he throws a fastball, you can mash it out for a HR, but it's not very frequent.

I will say that at least the pitches are in the strike zone, so even though it sucks I couldn't cycle, mentally it was easier to take than Diaz's garbage. Hope some of you guys cycle today, I know it won't be me!
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Neris is TOUGH! Most fastballs I've seen in one match so far is two. It's easy to make contact, but they all seem to pop up unless you get a fastball. Streak definitely in jeopardy today. lol
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    ameeshcubbieameeshcubbie Registered Users, Member 184 Posts
    Agreed can’t make solid contact enough on Neris to score 6 runs. PITA!!!!
  • Options
    Radarlove1976Radarlove1976 Registered Users, Member 56 Posts
    Yep, it seems as though it’s gone from bad to worse! Instead of the unhittable curves, we’ve progressed to the unseeable forkball (or whatever that pitch is!) I made it to Nerris fairly easily, but I only saw one hittable pitch in three tries! Hope he gets easier as the night goes, but I’m not holding my breath!
    Jason 
  • Options
    Game is dead to me. Collect gold by showing up to club events, hope to get a weekend player. Not spending.
  • Options

Surely at some point it is diminishing returns for Glu?  I used to spend 1-2K gold per event to beat the tower.  Today I spent zero gold because Neris is impossible, and my recent experience with walkoff suggests that walkoff is virtually impossible to beat, and thus not worth my money/gold. 

So now I'm frustrated with their product, and I'm not spending any money.  Both of these things are bad for Glu, right?  So what's their endgame? 

• Options
    @Metsicans I agree we are at the point that we know it is impossible so we are not even going to try.
  • Options
    4orty4orty4orty4orty Registered Users, Member 24 Posts
    With the season winding down, I'm sure they know they'll start losing players soon enough. Probably have accounted for a downturn in sales. They'll work in the off-season to get '19 up and running, market it as a great piece of gaming work. People will have all winter to forget about their frustration with how bad this version went downhill and turned into a hot mess and they'll be back next year spending money on their teams.

A couple things I took away from this year, there is absolutely NO reason to move past silver tier, it makes zero sense to spend thousands in gold during the weekend on horrible odds just to get 1500 gold for getting first as a club, and with Walkoff, if you're not getting hittable pitches, just move on. No sense in burning gold trying to get past Neris when they already have it set to where you won't win.
  • Options
    SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    If I play in 19, it will be f2p. My gambling $ will be spent at the table and on the lotto.
    It's all done with mirrors
  • Options
    I don't think I'll be back in 2019.  Just too pricy now.  Maybe I'll just steal my son's Nintendo Switch and buy RBI Baseball 18. :) 
  • Options
    JdotChristopherJdotChristopher Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    It isn’t even a worry of beating it to me anymore, it’s a matter of what the prize player is.  There are not many players a lot of us need anymore so it’s not even worth wasting the gold.  
  • Options

@JdotChristopher, that's true.  Until they put Legends in Walkoff, I have very little incentive.  I mean, I have Mr. Smile capped at Gold 10, he's a 240 switch hitter.  I have his pennants at 53/60, and his upgrades at 6 or so.  If Jean Segura is better, it's marginal, and certainly not worth tons of gold.

But to me, it's all about the challenge.  I used to enjoy the challenge of Walkoff and would have spent 1-2K gold if I thought the game was giving me a fair shake.  When Signature Goldy was the reward, I went for him despite having a capped prime at 1B -- because that week I logged in early and got Kershaw instead of unhittable Diaz.

But with Diaz and now Neris, I know a reasonable amount of gold isn't enough to win.  So why bother? No incentive and the feeling of being cheated deters me from spending.  Now, offer me a Prime Catcher and maybe I change my mind for a week.  But I'd probably just end up cursing my luck after spending 5K gold or more. 

• Options
    Finally got to Neris and I see what everyone is talking about. Got two fastballs first two pitchers and scored 2 runs and were shut down after that. I still like it though and unlike Diaz at least he's hittable.

I did make the mistake of 2 gold restarts on Price earlier in the day and that was stupid as I don't even care about the prize as I wouldn't spend the XP on him so that's on me. I will try for it again but definitely no gold on restarts and only 80 for 5.10 boost.