Options

Walk off today!

Comments

• Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @Houmy I'm now 0-16 and I've scored a total of 2 runs. I've yet to see more than two fastballs in any of my matches against him. I've lost my persistence and I'm already conceding that it won't be happening today. At least, not for me. GL to you though! 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @DFBB sorry to hear buddy. I'm not killing myself going for it either as I already have Ernie for SS so don't really need this today. Will save the gold and the feeling in my thumb for a better offering that I can actually use.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    At diamond I’ve often made it to 5-7 fairly easily, so I decided to take a peek at the pitcher’s overall ratings today. 

5-4 was 145
    5-5 was 210
    5-6 was 218
    5-7 was 350. 

Why such a huge, drastic jump?  
  • Options
    forlornclamstampforlornclamstamp Registered Users, Member 61 Posts
    I've run into the same. cant hit the double rainbow pitches when the strength goes ridiculous high
  • Options
    Radarlove1976Radarlove1976 Registered Users, Member 56 Posts
    I actually need this guy! SS is the only position where I still have a regular 5*. I’ve been trying to get a SS for months! I got PoW Yelich, but I just don’t think he’s gonna cut it today. Everyone I’ve seen that’s cycled, has done so with a high hit legend lefty. Oh well....... maybe Wednesday!
    Jason 
  • Options
    MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts

Did you guys see that they added a Knoblauch box to walkoff rewards, for clearing level 4?  I guess I cleared it too early today, as I didn't get that.  It's a 25% at a legend and I got nothing because of the timing of when I played.

Thanks, Glu.  So livid. 

• Options
    SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    Unbelievable, so here goes a bunch of tickets into CS again unless they take it down coz they're maybe actually setting up for Royale awards on Wednesday if that's in the works 
    It's all done with mirrors
  • Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Time to get back to level 5... lol   I gave up earlier.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    I've sent in a ticket already, hoping to get the box sometime later this week hehe... on the good note I'll go back for more punishment in level 5 since my potw yelich got reboosted
  • Options
    MacGruberMacGruber Registered Users, Member 158 Posts
    Such garbage. They added it so late. 
  • Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    me too ;)
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    ameeshcubbieameeshcubbie Registered Users, Member 184 Posts
    edited September 2018
    They changed the game or something. Neris was downgraded and I destroyed him using zero gold. They also are offering a Knoblach box for winning round 4. (I never got that). Anyway, just throwing this info out there

sorry for repetitive info. I didn’t update the chat log! 
  • Options
    News msg just came out, glad to hear Neris is beatable now
  • Options
    Neris is MUCH easier now(lvl 10 prior, lvl 3 now). I just beat it, but I didn't get the chucky box. Help?
  • Options
    4orty4orty4orty4orty Registered Users, Member 24 Posts
    Are you guys still getting that late breaking pitch? I have a boosted Edmonds and it’s still pop ups. Curious what I’m doing wrong?!
  • Options
    @4orty4orty Yeah, he still throws it, but fastballs are much more frequent now. You'll get it man. Trust me!
  • Options
    So as if WOH hadn't already left a bad taste in my mouth recently now that most of us have gone past level 4 they add the legend pick AND make it easier to get past it to get the legend pick? 

• Options
    Did they just add a 2nd Knoblauch box for level 5 as well?

• Options
    edited September 2018
    I’m done with this game. I went past 4 earlier knowing I couldn’t get past 5. If I don’t get a box by tomorrow I’m deleting the app and giving them my email address to see how very important of a player I am to them. 

I can use my time better elsewhere, and my life would be better for it
  • Options
    JdotChristopherJdotChristopher Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    After this type of bs...They definitely lost me.  
  • Options
    redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    Still haven't broken through yet, I left the winning run on base vs Neris twice since he was nerfed down to 216, now 0-11 for the day, 0-7 since the change.
  • Options
    Well I'm done. Did a gold restart on Neris and that's it for me. Honestly with Knoblauch being a 445 I wouldn't waste what little legend XP I have on him anyway so real easy decision tonight. 

• Options
    louisawesomelouisawesome Registered Users, Member 64 Posts
    This is total crap.  I understand what you guys are talking about with neris.  I missed the earlier bonus for level four so I tried to get through level five...five restarts and 1 fastball later I am done. Even with the lower power this guy is unhittable for me.
  • Options
    LonzoBallinLonzoBallin Registered Users, Member 637 Posts
    Beat Neris the first time I faced him today about 45 minutes into the event.  Been playing the new "easier" version over and over and can't come close.  Go figure.
    Proud TSB VIP!
  • Options
    Yup, 1 batter got fastballs, all the rest the same as before, the same story on 4 attempts since they reduced him
  • Options
    Everyone get a Knoblauch gift pick?

• Options
    edited September 2018
    I got one on my third team for getting thru level 4 and got more legend xp lol.. if you're referring to a global gift sent by Glu @Houmy then nope
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    I’m really glad they dropped the last 4 pitchers. 5-7 went from 350 all the way down to 340!  Now I get 2 hits instead of 1 and a pop up!

EDIT: that’s a whopping 2.8% drop!!!!
  • Options
    gusfringgusfring Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
     Thank you GLU for making walk off hero a little easier tonight. This is my first time ever cycling this event. Excellent rewards for cycling, and got really lucky and pulled Chuck Knoblock
  • Options
    JdotChristopherJdotChristopher Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    I made it through Neris pretty easily the first time with Mantle and picked up the box and got Chuck in the legend box.  Not really worth the legend XP for him tho.  Doesn’t really make me any happier with the game lol same crap, different day.