Options

Royale reward and more derby tears...

Comments

• Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @Sandpipers I've actually been lucky with Knebel and mostly fastballs. Opened two boxes back to back and got Yelich and Cain. At least I can take solace in that I'll have a 470 Prime OF either way it goes for the Dodgers now.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    XWizardxXWizardx Registered Users, Member 44 Posts
    @Sandpipers - its called the WOH lottery system. Win the lottery and get fastballs otherwise steady diet of curve balls. I decided to try no retries - the difference at platinum between 279 Sevy and 287 Knebel regarding pitch selection is something else. Never once failed to get past Sevy....somehow Knebel must be a genius and knows to throw the inside curveball that if you make contact is success otherwise 99/100 is a well hit deep fly ball.
  • Options
    SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    Went thru again without boosting and did a little better with fastballs but came up short 4-5 twice... will try again later, coz you know, Posada is getting impatient with me ;)
    It's all done with mirrors
  • Options
    MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Ended up pulling Cain after my 7th cycle.  Probably used up my luck for a few weeks after pulling Muncy and Reggie Monday and Cain and Jorge today.  Ill try and relax the rest of the day now but I do need more LXP
  • Options
    Well adversity again today but I finally cycled, playing with this screen:

• Options
    Btw I got yelich, 3rd on my roster
  • Options
    I think the juju has transferred to your screen @Sandpipers. No go on Posada for me after 6 cycles but I've got two boxes from 7&8 saved and plan on two more so we'll see if anything come from that. At least half the xp has been lxp so far. 

• Options
    redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I’m 3-11 so far got Odor and then Yelich twice would seem the posada dream is evading me.
  • Options
    MacGruberMacGruber Registered Users, Member 158 Posts
    HOW IS EVERYONE CYCLING!? I haven't had a problem for two weeks until tonight. I hate this game.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    @Sandpipers here goes nothing. About to open them so send some of your juju juice my way brother.

• Options
    Sent buddy, hope you cleaned up :)
  • Options
    No dice buddy. Yelich x 3 and Cain x 2. That makes 4 Odors, 3 Cains and 4 Yelichs. WTF. How do you cycle this damn thing 11 times and don't end up with a Legend?

• Options
    That's just crazy and irritating... I multi-cycled for my first time but unfortunately I got yelich 3 times... sucks but now I gotta go deal with real life issues lol. 
  • Options
    Yeah it's life I guess and 12 cycles now with Yelich again. At least half the xp was lxp so there is that.

• Options
    HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
    @Houmy only a ten percent shot at Posada 
  • Options

Today was definitely my lucky day.  Only issue was the premium box yielded PXP most of the time so I couldn’t level him more when I pulled the duplicate
  • Options
    miggyrisingmiggyrising Registered Users, Member 162 Posts
    I reached my limit with Royale today. I think GLU has finally figured out the secret sauce to breaking everything. 

First, they rolled out CvC, which was awesome in the beginning. I never cheated at it. I didn't even know how until after they had patched it. I thought it was a nice addition to the game, especially with the rewards. So, of course, GLU had to go and break it by turning it into nothing but a fancier slot machine for those willing to spend more money on random upgrades. 

Then they came up with Royale. I'll admit that I didn't really care for it at first because I was apparently one of the few who were actually good at Slugfest. But, it started to grow on me as I got to know it a little better. I liked the idea of tying the events together by offering the bonus players to one event as a reward in another event. I wish they would've at least given Slugfest a little more love in Royale than relegating it to a 2X event every week. But, oh well. 

This week they just decided they wanted to break Royale too. It's almost like they intentionally want to drive away every last player before the release date of the new season for some reason. 

Why would they continue to put guys in Walk Off boxes that are never bonus players in any events? I know some jackass here is going to say those players will eventually be bonus players in the offseason. I may not stick around long enough to find out. So, that doesn't really matter to me. 

Why would they continue to reward clubs that are so obviously cheating to achieve their high scores? I know two clubs at the top of the leaderboard in which every single player has POTM Knebel on their roster. They've openly told me so. 

Riddle me this. How does everyone in their club have POTM Knebel? Everyone knows that most of the guys on top clubs don't buy POTM boxes. Why would they? Even if they get a POTM player, their rosters are probably good enough that he'll only be an inactive most of the month. He might get one bonus day. Yet, 20 club mates on 2 different clubs just happened to all pull the same POTM guy who just happened to be the super bonus guy. 

C'mon. 

Yet, GLU will allow it to continue to happen. They'll turn event after event into nothing more than an opportunity for smarter people to hack for the win while everyone else will have to be content with their table crumbs. 

Before anyone thinks this is just sour grapes, I added Legend Slugger Mr. October to my Legend Mr. October from Monday. I also picked up Legend Posada and Prime Signature Cain. So, personally, I did pretty well today. 

• Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Mama said there would be days like this....8x cycles...all CRAP! 3/8 on lxp too. I need a long nap.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    It's actually somewhat of a relief to me not getting Posada. Catcher was the only position I needed to fill and this seems like the last shot of this version so no more of my $$$ has to go into this game.

My team is strong enough at every batting and starting pitcher position with everyone being 425+ capped and with Cain today now I have another guaranteed 470 OF and perhaps 485 and depending on what Houston does perhaps the same with Correa. That means that I can retire Edmonds and not use any more LXP on him and keep the 60K I have for a legend down the road. Also have enough PXP to cap 2 more and will eventually get more so absolutely no more reason for me to spend another dime on this version. 

Not saying any of this out of bitterness for not getting Posada. I pulled Bernie back to back on consecutive cycles so I know that sometimes you're the windshield and sometimes you're the fly. Just saying there is no logical reason for me to spend any longer. 

• Options
    Well, despite only getting another potm, I'm happy for my first multicycle... I whined and begged for lefty hitters and now I have too many lol... time to get cvc/rhp skill trout leveled up to bring back some balance hehe.... dang Posada would have been sweet to get.
  • Options
    @Sandpipers Posada would have been super sweet. I would have loved to have two switch hitting legends. Jobu be damned.

• Options
    @Houmy We're gonna have to have a conversation with these juju icons, they were messing with us today for real
  • Options
    LudwigMonsterLudwigMonster Registered Users, Member 381 Posts
    Well adversity again today but I finally cycled, playing with this screen:

Looks like Reggie found the DMT...
  • Options
    Lol, had to look that up
  • Options
    JdotChristopherJdotChristopher Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    Houmy said:
    It's actually somewhat of a relief to me not getting Posada. Catcher was the only position I needed to fill and this seems like the last shot of this version so no more of my $$$ has to go into this game.

My team is strong enough at every batting and starting pitcher position with everyone being 425+ capped and with Cain today now I have another guaranteed 470 OF and perhaps 485 and depending on what Houston does perhaps the same with Correa. That means that I can retire Edmonds and not use any more LXP on him and keep the 60K I have for a legend down the road. Also have enough PXP to cap 2 more and will eventually get more so absolutely no more reason for me to spend another dime on this version. 

Not saying any of this out of bitterness for not getting Posada. I pulled Bernie back to back on consecutive cycles so I know that sometimes you're the windshield and sometimes you're the fly. Just saying there is no logical reason for me to spend any longer. 
    The same exact spot I’m in.  I was hoping for Posada as well, but at the same time I’m glad I don’t have to put any cash back into this game.  I’m only weak at catcher too.  And for gold my team is like 98000 strength so I really don’t need to shed tears for Posada lol.  I’ve cycled WOH 2-3 times the last few weeks with spending zero gold so I can’t complain.  It’s just about the end for worrying about too many more upgrades for this years edition.  
  • Options
    redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I haven’t spent money since August and really haven’t had to because I’ve won so much experience in CvC and 4x cycles yesterday plus the 4 premium exp boxes I ended up with 20k Prime exp from the tower, 15k prime and 10k legend exp from the boxes. Of the 4 players which should I level from 1st to last.  I have Edmonds, Banks, LCS Yelich, and Sig Correa, I’m asking from a WoH perspective mostly.
  • Options
    VellocetVellocet Registered Users, Member 23 Posts
    edited October 2018
    Edmonds banks Correa yelich imo. Yeliches skill is pretty weak. Astros look like they're about to be bumped. 

Does anybody know if the player skill stays activated once you start the round say, blowout skill or does it change with the conditions, like risp skill? 

• Options
    Vellocet said:
    Edmonds banks Correa yelich imo. Yeliches skill is pretty weak. Astros look like they're about to be bumped. 

Does anybody know if the player skill stays activated once you start the round say, blowout skill or does it change with the conditions, like risp skill? 

I'd think everything stays where its at now.  Kinda like the signature Klubs and Sevy I have.
  • Options
    @Houmy only a ten percent shot at Posada 

@Haraycaray yeah I know the odds are rather low buddy but I think cycling 12 times and even getting the 15% odds Cain 3 times should tilt the scales in your favor. I wish they would just make WOH the same difficulty as 17 used to be and make it a guaranteed legend instead of this roulette BS.

I didn't spend all that gold to get a POTM and max 365 9 out of 12 times. But that's on me and I should have known better. Anyone care to join my TA (Tappers Anonymous) support group?

• Options
    MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts

Posada was a definite gift from Jobu for me.  As mentioned elsewhere, I had a lineup complete with primes, signature primes, and one legend...but I still had a 4.5 star catcher.  Posada is batting .623 for me now, and also beat 5.10 for me in subsequent cycles (once without even a restart, and he was able to hit non-fastballs).  He's my best player, unless Muncy/Puig win the World Series.  

Second cycle I got Odor, third cycle I pulled Posada again (after already capping him), so that was pretty disappointing.  But when your team strength increases 4K by adding one player, it's all good.