Options

WoH Royale for 11-13-18: Still Refreshing! :(

Comments

• Options
    whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    You guys have any advice for 5-10 get stuck their every woh. I’m about 0-10 or so today...I’m using Ramirez who without boost is 24 points better my only other choice would be to use prime realmuto who has a vs right skill and would be about the same overall as bueller without boost. Every time I get close the hits turn into pop ups
  • Options
    tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    Got Miller after my first cycle. Nice improvement to my CL that was 420 before.
    Cycled a second time got Freeman, straight to inactive (after farming some point for the club today)
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited November 2018
    I can't even get past 5-8 today. This is as hard as I can ever remember it being, even before I had any good bats.

Actually, after getting past him 3 times in a row to start I have now lost 9 in a row to Kluber using various left handed batters (435 max Freeman, George Brett and Scoscia), so I guess I should actually say that I can't get past 5-7 today.
  • Options
    whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Kluber is a monster today and he had woh skill. I have tried everybody and I seem to have the best luck with a rightie bs the sensible choice leftie.

i am also having trouble.  Never have I hit so many weak grounders the lone infielder when going the opposite way, and always with 2 outs
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @whynot they have definitely upped the difficulty setting starting with Monday's event. While the pitcher ratings are low it's all curve balls and when you get a fast ball it's either a grounder or soft popup. You ask me I say they are just doing this to make us pay their Christmas bonuses.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    edited November 2018
    Sooooo on Monday I had nothing but trouble with every level and most of the pitchers.... today Ive had nothing but trouble with the app and my device, several freezes/crashes that have of course ruined my progress. Got as far as Price once and Bagwell lost in double extra innings... now it's kluber that I can't get by using 450 freeman...9 consecutive curves, video restart, 9 more consecutive curves. Anyway, such is the ways things are going but I'll stick with it.. gotta see if the skill boosts to level 12 for Reggie and Bagwell are gonna work (didn't have bagwell increased the first time as I was a bit short of pxp).
    It's all done with mirrors
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Just spent 5 1/2 hours trying to get to Buehler, and when I did, went down 1-2-3 on soft ground outs/pop outs with 302 rated Willie Mays (Buehler rated 171). 

Think that's enough for me today...
  • Options
    nym5fannym5fan Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    Keep your chin up @JEDDDOGGY. It has definitely gotten tougher.... 
    From Wentz he came, he shall be returned!
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    I meant to say Price vs Bagwell, not Maeda in my previous comment. Anyway got to Buehler this time and got a couple of runs and left a couple of guys on base both cracks I had with him but there weren't enough hittable pitches to make it close. So I start over.... after a break. Not convinced the increased skill levels are having much of an effect....
  • Options
    Just beat him. Had to pony up to the tune of about 1200 gold in restarts and boosts, but got 'er done. 

Got PXP and Perez. Wanted him so damn bad over the weekend I bought at least 110 (lost count) AL GG boxes trying to get him and didn't.

Like I told you guys before: If I whine and complain enough throughout the day, I always get what I want in the end haha.
  • Options
    whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    Well I think it’s time to hang it up for me for this season, just wanted to beat woh once! But I don’t think that’s gonna happen. At least next season I’ll have a better idea of how to build my team. At this point without slugfest to give me prime xp and not being able to cycle woh. 
  • Options
    joeyg29joeyg29 Registered Users, Member 27 Posts
    Such bullshit Beuhler. Impossible, nothing but curves 1 or 2 fastballs. Gotta stop before I throw my phone through the window 
  • Options
    another miller this 3rd time.
    2 x miller and 1 x freeman.
    At least I didn't use gold.
    I think I should stop now.
  • Options
    Good for you @JEDDDOGGY I hope to follow ... will resort to full on whining later hehe 
  • Options
    Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    Last week I would have loved to win this Freeman.  Now it's just a crappier version of the same one I won on Monday.
  • Options
    PINKYSTARFISHPINKYSTARFISH Registered Users, Member 99 Posts
    Could someone identify Beuhlers skill? Thanks, was just there and didnt pay attention .
  • Options
    5-7 Kluber is really, really aggravating.  I've been spending a lot more time on 5-7 than 5-8 or 5-9.  For whatever reason they've made 5-7 progressively more difficult over time.  Used to be winning run at the plate to start the inning, then tying run at the plate to start the inning, now neither.
  • Options
    NAPREDATORS46NAPREDATORS46 Registered Users, Member 68 Posts
    So admittedly I dont have the quality of teams most of you have but just breezed through to bueler only to have a prime mookie left. Did not get one curveball, but grounded out, flyed out and with runners on 2nd and 3rd with two outs....line out to the pitcher to lose. This is sooo frustrating,  now I remember why I said a couple of months ago I wouldn't spend another penny on this game. 5 to 4
  • Options
    I finally got thru and just like @Houmy I knew I was gonna get freeman since I already have 450 freeman.... and yup. Not sure I'm gonna bother to try again coz I'll just get him again like the previous wohs, where I get the same reward two or more times which is tge reward I can't use
  • Options
    redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I have 4 wins in 11 tries now, but Kluber is making it so I have fewer 5-10 tries than I would normally because I’ve lost to him more than Buehler today though I’ve been saving Edmonds for Maeda.  Gotten 3x Miller and 1x Freeman would like Willie or Perez, Willie i traded in a few weeks ago because I couldn’t afford his evo so traded in for the evo on the off chance I’d get him again.  I have Fisk but Perez is better and has two skills too I’d slide Fisk to DH if I got lucky enough.
  • Options
    VellocetVellocet Registered Users, Member 23 Posts
    Im like 1-10 on Kluber today. This is with legends with RH skill wth.
  • Options
    2 cycles today.  2 obsolete Freddie Freeman's added, of course.
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @dkarski87 I guess my gamble paid off. Have another 90k LXP left as well to be spent down the road.

"Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    haha nice buddy, no dice for me yet. Got the SP though. I got atleast 3 or 4 cycles left in me... Congrats buddy, gamble paid off. Save urself 10k gold
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    Well at least I got something for all the gold I used trying to cycle I pulled a signature Kluber from Cy Young Box lol
  • Options
    Nice @Houmy
    i cycled again now and got my 3rd Miller. Also have 1x freeman. I knew i should have stop tapping hours ago.
  • Options
    VellocetVellocet Registered Users, Member 23 Posts
    yess 

• Options
    I've given up worrying about the player rewards coz it's clear it will be awhile before lady luck shines on me again.. I'll concentrate on cycling for the pxp/lxp and the rest will be pennies from heaven... and somehow I will try to avoid days like Monday.
  • Options
    Vellocet said:
    yess 

Nice !!!!
  • Options
    JdotChristopherJdotChristopher Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    edited November 2018
    I just played today to see what pitcher would be the cheapest today and it’s definitely been Kluber.  It let me tie the game about 25 times and then would throw all unhittable or automatic out type pitches.  I didn’t really need to cycle so I wasn’t stressing or wasting gold.  But I can understand the frustrations with guys bc Glu definitely does the cheapest shit to prevent guys from cycling and make them consider selling the farm to cycle!  Some of the levels were just too perfectly set up to fail that it made me laugh to myself.  How obvious can they be??  Ridiculous sometimes.  Today wasn’t a great reward crop anyways so keep your heads up guys!