Options

WOH 12/10/18

2Next

Comments

• Options
    PINKYSTARFISHPINKYSTARFISH Registered Users, Member 99 Posts
    edited December 2018
    I was cycling every event up until the past Wednesday . As my entire lineup of woh players would proove . The last 2 have not been giving me winnable rounds....ever . Was wondering if what im seeing is happening elsewhere 
  • Options
    ProbodybuilderProbodybuilder Registered Users 337 Posts
    Non vip.  5 cycles.   5 scooters. 
  • Options
    stevebalbonistevebalboni Registered Users, Member 108 Posts
    @PINKYSTARFISH

same. There is no way to win without hittable pitches. There just haven’t been enough fastballs. 

I usually cycle 6-12 times. Today 1
  • Options
    PINKYSTARFISHPINKYSTARFISH Registered Users, Member 99 Posts
    Yes once through as well .Sabo . Quit after that . More breakers then ive ever seen. 
  • Options
    redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    Meh, was a bit of a struggle today.  Did manage to get through twice, both of those being Scooter which two weeks ago wouldn't have been half bad but now is a sidegrade from LeMahieu.  2 wins in 30 attempts and too much gold spent, I really have to stop using gold restarts, I know better but still do it out of frustration.  There were 2 or 3 other times I got enough to hit to win and just didn't get it done but my last two mondays I'm only winning 5.10 at a 5% clip.  Before the bump up I was somewhere in the 20-30% range, I have good enough players I think but I guess I need to push their skills a little higher (most are either 7 or 11 due to evo shortages though I'll have some soon as my season is ending on Wednesday and I've lost 3 games total in my last 5 seasons so I should be fine).  On a positive note I did manage a total of 19k Legend exp and have enough to cap two new ones in Gold if/when I get them.
  • Options
    whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    3-12, 2 scooters and a sabo. Wish the last guy was a righty but didn’t mind it had petit
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Markakis 4 times and scooter on the last one for me. Managed to spend around 600-700 gold only and not sure why I even played today as I didn't want any of the offerings. Habit I guess. To my amazement though I won the 4th cycle 9-7 with no restart and no outs. Won't be seeing that again I am sure.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I had a real easy time today, but unfortunately, I was only playing for resources. I still can't believe they repeated Altuve as the 'chase' player. :(
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    Cycled a total of 7 times today for the first time. Previous record was 6 several times.
    Got 4 x Markakis, 1 x Scooter, 1 x Cabrera and 1 x Altuve (the highlight for me). Very happy with the results cause 2B at 450 was only position below 475 and also last remaining 1 skill position player. 
    For whatever reason it felt pretty easy for me today, 7-9 vs Snell, only gold used for boost in 5.10.
    Nolan Ryan was waaayyyy easier than Vida Blue (I didn’t lose a single match). 
    I used the 2 skills 480 Arenado vs Snell and he was a beast.
    All in all it was a pretty good night with Altuve, not much gold used and even the premium boxes gave me 6 out of 7 legend xp.
  • Options
    SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    After my first cycle fairly early (scooter), Chapman and Ryan forgot how to throw fastballs. The few times I got back to Snell was also met with majority curves. I wasn't the only one going thru this... but like all wohs, some people have an easy time and others get very frustrated. Only did one gold restart but still spent about 900 gold...which means I made close to 30 attempts at Ryan with maybe 6 of those getting thru to Snell. Didn't feel like it was gonna be that kind of a day after the first time thru went so smoothly, but that's woh. I was only interested in Altuve and should have packed it in, but wanted to make club points and get more lxp. Oh well, will do it all over again Wednesday, but will keep it under 500 gold, which is always my target limit.
    It's all done with mirrors
  • Options
    Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    Cycled 8 times.  The first 7 were Markakis and Scooter, so the day was setting up to be a disappointment but I did get Altuve on #8.

I spent almost 2,000 gold yesterday which is more than I would have liked to.  Still, I try not to limit myself on WOH as the resources alone are worth more than the gold spent to me.  8 cycles with a 50/50 split on the premium XP boxes is 54,000 PXP and 44,000 LXP.  Although you could argue that Wednesday's royale is more productive with the extra XP box rather than the junk bonus player.
  • Options
    thickagethickage Registered Users, Member 227 Posts
    Congrats to all who pulled Altuve! That's a WOH 5-10 world beater there! Two skills (late and LH) will always be active and his overall hit rating will be solid when leveled up. I'm jealous ! I cycled 6 times and pulled everyone but him out of the box. Hoping Wednesday will bring a better overall box as I'm on the prowl for an Altuve-like guy. Happy cycling, y'all!
  • Options
    nym5fannym5fan Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    I'm with you @thickage hoping for a better overall box tomorrow for Royale. 
    From Wentz he came, he shall be returned!
  • Options
    MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    thickage said:
    Congrats to all who pulled Altuve! That's a WOH 5-10 world beater there! Two skills (late and LH) will always be active and his overall hit rating will be solid when leveled up. I'm jealous ! I cycled 6 times and pulled everyone but him out of the box. Hoping Wednesday will bring a better overall box as I'm on the prowl for an Altuve-like guy. Happy cycling, y'all!

Agreed, I was hunting Altuve but in 7 cycles I pulled Scooter, Markakis and Miggy, none of whom make my starting roster. Hoping for a great WOH box tomorrow, especially Mathews (who looks like a 5.10 killer at a premium position). 
  • Options
    midnightmaraudermidnightmarauder Registered Users, Member 122 Posts
    @Metsicans same - scooter x3, markakis x2, miggy x2. Didn't really love anyone in that box, already have 490 altuve and 480 arenado. resources were nice though and only spent 1,000 gold after hitting all tiers and club placing 1st. hope someone I actually want is in the Wed box. I'd take those same pitchers too :)