Keeper details: let's discuss!

18910111214Next

Comments

  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    edited March 2019
    Dave480 said:
    Dave480 said:
    Just curious for other opinions...

    legend Betts - 525 max - lhp/risp 
    prime Yadi - 515 max - woh/risp 
    prime Rizzo - 500 max - rhp/risp
    prime Carp - 520 max - blowout/risp
    reg. Lawrie - 525 max - woh/woh 
    reg. Simmons - 515 max - woh/rhp 

    legend Erskine - 520 max - lhb/prime 
    prime Hill - 510 max - lhb/late

    leaning Lawrie and either Yadi or Betts, and Erskine...thoughts?
    Re-posting for comments since it got lost in the Giants box discussion...

    I’m leaning Lawrie/Yadi...tell me why I’m wrong...
    I have all of those hitters.  Betts is really good;  can go thru in WOH with same side pitching up to 5.8 pretty reliably....so him, Yadi and erskine.  
  • ORBBIRDSORBBIRDS Registered Users, Member 112 Posts
    edited March 2019
    Yeah I am leaning 525 Carp instead of 540 DH-only Molitor....
    As I said in a other post, I got stuck with 3-4 second baseman as my best players for about 3 days, until I took action to pay to change it....but the DH flexibility was crucial during that important early part of the season, when the hopper does not care if you already have six middle infielders, and it gives you a 460 Cano on top of it early in the season LOL..
    Plus, I am thankful to be able to potentialy choose 3 Cardinals and zero Cubs!  I hate the Cubs, and they could win the next 2 world series and still be among the most irrelevant teams in HISTORY - Not recent history...just history....of course they would pass the legendary Marlins....
    ORBBIRDS
  • barnstormbombersbarnstormbombers Registered Users, Member 96 Posts
    Legend trout 510 rhp/rhp
    Prime Baez  510 lhp/lhp
    Comeback kemp 515 woh/lhp
    Prime harper 535 rhp/rhp
    Legend molitor 540 lhp/lhp
    Legend green 535 woh/woh
    Legend rizzuto 510 lhp/risp
    Prime goldschmidt 515 lhp/late inn
    Prime yadi 515 risp/woh

    So confused on who to keep......
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Legend trout 510 rhp/rhp
    Prime Baez  510 lhp/lhp
    Comeback kemp 515 woh/lhp
    Prime harper 535 rhp/rhp
    Legend molitor 540 lhp/lhp
    Legend green 535 woh/woh
    Legend rizzuto 510 lhp/risp
    Prime goldschmidt 515 lhp/late inn
    Prime yadi 515 risp/woh

    So confused on who to keep......
    I think you are between Green, Molitor and Harper.  All 3 are solid choices.  I’d probably lean Harper and Green but just my opinion.  I value double RHP skills a lot for hitters
  • tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    ORBBIRDS said:
    Yeah I am leaning 525 Carp instead of 540 DH-only Molitor....
    As I said in a other post, I got stuck with 3-4 second baseman as my best players for about 3 days, until I took action to pay to change it....but the DH flexibility was crucial during that important early part of the season, when the hopper does not care if you already have six middle infielders, and it gives you a 460 Cano on top of it early in the season LOL..
    Plus, I am thankful to be able to potentialy choose 3 Cardinals and zero Cubs!  I hate the Cubs, and they could win the next 2 world series and still be among the most irrelevant teams in HISTORY - Not recent history...just history....of course they would pass the legendary Marlins....
    ORBBIRDS

    Hey, don’t disregard the Marlins. I don’t think any other team has ever won two world series within the first 10 years of existence (1997 and 2003) and both as the underdog wild card team. 
    That has good merit.
    Just saying.
  • ukw21ukw21 Registered Users, Member 22 Posts
    my three keepers
  • cgainzcgainz Registered Users, Member 31 Posts
    My dilemma... was all in on HOF Edgar and Holiday Teddy. But Davis and Ichiro popped up. 


  • benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    cgainz said:
    My dilemma... was all in on HOF Edgar and Holiday Teddy. But Davis and Ichiro popped up. 


    Davis is not on power with the others- take him out of the mix based on those poor skills he has
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,716 Posts
    Holiday ted is hard to leave behind but I’m taking ichiro instead of ted
  • lpoheronlpoheron Registered Users, Member 170 Posts
    Any input would be appreciated to help pick my rhb. Already struggling enough with green, boggs and hos on thr left side. 
  • duckk123duckk123 Registered Users, Member 296 Posts
    lpoheron said:
    Any input would be appreciated to help pick my rhb. Already struggling enough with green, boggs and hos on thr left side. 
    Take Green and posey. Although Green won't have platoon advantage against LHP in woh, he will still be effective against LHP, while being amazing against RHP, Posey is a Catcher, a harder position to acquire, and if I am not mistaken he is max 545, which is really good, which good skills also.
  • lpoheronlpoheron Registered Users, Member 170 Posts
    duckk123 said:
    lpoheron said:
    Any input would be appreciated to help pick my rhb. Already struggling enough with green, boggs and hos on thr left side. 
    Take Green and posey. Although Green won't have platoon advantage against LHP in woh, he will still be effective against LHP, while being amazing against RHP, Posey is a Catcher, a harder position to acquire, and if I am not mistaken he is max 545, which is really good, which good skills also.
    Posey is 540. Dont love his risp skill over goldy's skills. But i feel the 20 point advantage might be worth it for posey. Im considering green but its hard to leave boggs or hos because of their position and active skills in every event. But as everyone states, they struggle with different positions. I couldnt get a good OF until i bought BF harper and then got lots of OF, then i bought holiday Mcgriff and was over loaded with 1st base options. I wonder if buying players changes the RNG 
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    Will clark is my lock for left hand bat, now I have to choose between 540 posey, 545 Schmidt, and atg hank...
  • cgainzcgainz Registered Users, Member 31 Posts
    2003cobra said:
    Holiday ted is hard to leave behind but I’m taking ichiro instead of ted
    Problem is Ichiro is only bonus active for woh. Teddy is all rhp and has more value  
  • tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    lpoheron said:
    duckk123 said:
    lpoheron said:
    Any input would be appreciated to help pick my rhb. Already struggling enough with green, boggs and hos on thr left side. 
    Take Green and posey. Although Green won't have platoon advantage against LHP in woh, he will still be effective against LHP, while being amazing against RHP, Posey is a Catcher, a harder position to acquire, and if I am not mistaken he is max 545, which is really good, which good skills also.
    Posey is 540. Dont love his risp skill over goldy's skills. But i feel the 20 point advantage might be worth it for posey. Im considering green but its hard to leave boggs or hos because of their position and active skills in every event. But as everyone states, they struggle with different positions. I couldnt get a good OF until i bought BF harper and then got lots of OF, then i bought holiday Mcgriff and was over loaded with 1st base options. I wonder if buying players changes the RNG 
    Don’t sweat it too much about C. You can create “your legend” as a C (switch hitter preferably) with whatever skill u like most.
  • PhillyPhan87PhillyPhan87 Registered Users, Member 187 Posts
    ORBBIRDS said:
    Yeah I am leaning 525 Carp instead of 540 DH-only Molitor....
    As I said in a other post, I got stuck with 3-4 second baseman as my best players for about 3 days, until I took action to pay to change it....but the DH flexibility was crucial during that important early part of the season, when the hopper does not care if you already have six middle infielders, and it gives you a 460 Cano on top of it early in the season LOL..
    Plus, I am thankful to be able to potentialy choose 3 Cardinals and zero Cubs!  I hate the Cubs, and they could win the next 2 world series and still be among the most irrelevant teams in HISTORY - Not recent history...just history....of course they would pass the legendary Marlins....
    ORBBIRDS
    I know Molitor is a DH only, and that was my hang up with him until I got 545 3B Schmidt last night who I will take over Molitor, but I'd still highly recommend Molitor to you if your next best option is a 525 player. He is one of the best RH bats in the game, he is a WOH elite hitter and his base attribute spread is very favorable. He has completed WOH 5.10 for me many times with ease, and until recently I never beat it. He can really only be outmatched by a handful of players, mostly ATG's.

    The difference between a 540 max player and a 525 max is somewhat substantial, and Molitor's max overall at 60% is 324. Carps at 525 would be 315 (I thought Carps was 520 max with BO and RISP which are not great skills imo). Molitor's hitting is actually slightly higher than 545 Schmidt, but Schmidt edges him in power slightly.

    Will there be times where you get annoyed at having the DH spot locked? Maybe, but none of the players you get will likely ever be an upgrade over Molitor, all year. And his LHP, LHP skills excel not only in WOH but all game modes. So if you tire of him in the DH spot and move him to the SUB role, he can still excel against LHP's in WOH. I'd seriously reconsider Molitor but ultimately the choice is yours.
    Luck = getting all curveballs in WOH
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    edited March 2019
    cgainz said:
    2003cobra said:
    Holiday ted is hard to leave behind but I’m taking ichiro instead of ted
    Problem is Ichiro is only bonus active for woh. Teddy is all rhp and has more value  
    Not to me.  For the keepers I am primarily valuing WOH.  The fact he’s a WOH beast and able to get it done from either side of the plate strengthens the argument.
  • babybomber2000babybomber2000 Registered Users, Member 17 Posts
    Imput on who I should take?
  • PhillyPhan87PhillyPhan87 Registered Users, Member 187 Posts
    Imput on who I should take?
    I don't remember everyone's overalls, so I may not correctly value everyone, but I'd choose Lefty Boggs,  Righty 540 Posey and SP Syndergaard.
    Luck = getting all curveballs in WOH
  • woohoo77woohoo77 Registered Users, Member 300 Posts
    Is it time to confirm the keepers or wait at least until tomorrow's WoH?  I've got a 550 righty and pitcher.  Could use a lefty or go with Hoz, Green or Kruk?
  • PhillyPhan87PhillyPhan87 Registered Users, Member 187 Posts
    woohoo77 said:
    Is it time to confirm the keepers or wait at least until tomorrow's WoH?  I've got a 550 righty and pitcher.  Could use a lefty or go with Hoz, Green or Kruk?
    woohoo77 said:
    Is it time to confirm the keepers or wait at least until tomorrow's WoH?  I've got a 550 righty and pitcher.  Could use a lefty or go with Hoz, Green or Kruk?
    I'm thinking of waiting a day and seeing what drops for the Royale (if any) tomorrow. I have some gold in '18 and I could at least get a cycle in to see if I can pull someone who would become a keeper.

    I don't think it's risky waiting a day anyway.
    Luck = getting all curveballs in WOH
  • buddydavebuddydave Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
    If there's not even a bonus for today's event, do you think there will be something special tomorrow?
  • tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    very sad but true
  • PhillyPhan87PhillyPhan87 Registered Users, Member 187 Posts
    buddydave said:
    If there's not even a bonus for today's event, do you think there will be something special tomorrow?
    Well, I heard they will just recycle the old box. That's still a chance at Ichiro Suzuki, and some ATG's. I already have Green and Davis though.
    Luck = getting all curveballs in WOH
  • buddydavebuddydave Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
    I've heard that, but I've also heard from someone else that they go back to having just one single player as the automatic reward (same player every week).

    At that's for regular WOH. Don't think they had Royale in 17.
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    buddydave said:
    I've heard that, but I've also heard from someone else that they go back to having just one single player as the automatic reward (same player every week).

    At that's for regular WOH. Don't think they had Royale in 17.
    That is based on the 17 version as you mentioned as we always had the 1 guaranteed player then. It's been stock on Silver Slugger Seager since 18 came out. With 18 having multiple picks we'll have to wait and see what happens as early as tomorrow.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022


Sign In or Register to comment.