Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Android 4.4.4 Update GS4

sleepeesleepee Registered Users 32 Posts
Is anyone else running Android 4.4.4 with this app and receiving errors right before you start a race? Ever since my phone has updated to 4.4.4 I have not been able to race at all. Just curious if anyone else is having this problem? And devs, are you aware of this bug, if so do you have an eta perm fix or temp fix? -Thanks!
Prev13

Comments

• Options
    [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    We haven't run into this issue that I'm aware of. Anyone else seeing this?
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

• Options
    EYETEMSEYETEMS Registered Users 106 Posts
    My phone is an HTC ONE and ever since the 4.4.3 update I have the same problem
  • Options
    ROCKET 442ROCKET 442 Registered Users 67 Posts
    I just activated a new kyocera hydro vibe and its doing this as well. It uses android 4.3 and if this matters its a quad core cpu. Ive tried rebuilding the cache and have checked and unchecked everything in the developers options having anything remotely to do with the gpu. I never once had this problem with my samsung and it was strecthed to the limit on memory and the game stuttered along but it ran. now everything is buttery smooth as long as you dont actually try to race anyone
  • Options
    Liam916Liam916 Registered Users 10 Posts
    I updated to 4.4.4 on s4 and now I can't play this game quit my team since I can't help them anymore. Game crash before the race everytime
  • Options
    Dima84Dima84 Registered Users 548 Posts
    jup have the same problem sony xperai z 4.4.4 update two days ago and now Game crash all the time best time play 3 min.
  • Options
    What are the errors you are seeing?

Can you provide the following:

IGN:
    Device:
    OS Version:

Error Message:

• Options
    I have multiple screen shots of the full Report I sent when the app force closes. I believe its about 5 or 6 images. Is there an email I could send these images to? Other than the one that takes 12 days for a response? -Thanks!
  • Options
    It's over the air update. You're just slow
  • Options
    Mine does the same thing as Dima84. Its not just a 4.4 thing. This phone runs 4.3 and the best i can do is get one campaign race and the second one crashes. No races at all in mutliplayer. When it crashes its just when the tach and gear shifters are popping up from the bottom of the screen, it freezes there for aprox 1 second and the kicks me back to my desktop with the popup that says unfortunately racing rivals has stopped because you are an ***hole. It does this the exact same way every time. The game is unplayable for me

:mad::mad:editing so i can add my new account name since one of the things i tried was STARTING THE **** OVER.:mad::mad:

ign = R O C K E T
    devise kyocera hydro vibe (virginmobile version)
    os = (bloatware intact) stock android 4.3 unrooted
  • Options
    I have uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times now same error each time.
  • Options
    apexesapexes Registered Users 6 Posts
    I have the same issue on my HTC one.. game ran fine before 4.4.4 No issues when racing multiplayer now everytime i try to race a live person it crashes right before the race starts... says "racing rivals has crashed".... We spend money on this game and now are suffering because of an internal issue. I have lost in game currency and cant participate with my team for turf wars.

IGN: APEXES
    Device: HTC one
  • Options
    Any uodate on this bug? - Thanks!
  • Options
    I factory reset my phone and reinstalled. The problem still persist.
  • Options
    sleepee wrote: »
    Any uodate on this bug? - Thanks!
    Its a problem with the newer version of java that doesnt jive with the game im pretty sure
  • Options
    mrtakesurridemrtakesurride Registered Users 9 Posts
    I'm having the same problem my phone did an update from 4.4.2 to 4.4.4 and now I can't race it kick me right when the other racers connect to me to race
  • Options
    I just hope they don't take their sweet ass time getting this update rolled out.. =/
  • Options
    I've alerted our QA and Devs, they're taking a look

• Options
    bg_84bg_84 Registered Users 114 Posts
    Am having the same problem from since the upgrade
  • Options
    [RR] Sparkle[RR] Sparkle Moderators 1,805 Posts
    I believe we are looking into these reports right now, there will probably not be an update until we can push out a fix and then you will see it in the update notes. If we need any additional information we will be in touch.
  • Options
    ahmedg23ahmedg23 Registered Users 1 Posts
    [QUOTE=[RR] Sparkle;n1232009]I believe we are looking into these reports right now, there will probably not be an update until we can push out a fix and then you will see it in the update notes. If we need any additional information we will be in touch.[/QUOTE]

Is there any kind of ETA on the fix? The game has been virtually unplayable because it force crashes 80% of the time right before a race
  • Options
    [QUOTE=[RR] Sparkle;n1232009]I believe we are looking into these reports right now, there will probably not be an update until we can push out a fix and then you will see it in the update notes. If we need any additional information we will be in touch.[/QUOTE]

You believe you are? Or you KNOW you're looking into it. Your post doesn't leave much assurance that you guys are actually looking into it.

I know it's just a game in the end. But this game is a lot better than Candy Crush and all those other crappy games. It would be nice to finally play without these issues. I'm hoping the bug is resolved and fix pushed out soon.

-Thanks
  • Options
    DirtyBirds777DirtyBirds777 Registered Users 10 Posts
    I have also not been able to play since HTC One update. I have spent a lot of $$$ on this game and this is the second time an update messes everything up. I will hold on to this app bc I love playing it if we can at least have an idea when this can be fixed? Could it be a couple days or weeks?? Just impatient because turf just started and this is the point of playing and now can't. Thanks for your time, I'm looking forward to hearing back from y'all soon hopefully with some answers. Thanks!!
  • Options
    on the bright side this has spurred me to join the forum..

• Options
    I joined the forum in hopes I would get a faster response than sending in an email. I sent an email and Its been 14 days and still no response. LoL

And youre right about them taking peoples money.
    Can you rate games on Yelp? Haha j/k
  • Options
    apocalypsooapocalypsoo Registered Users 8 Posts
    Since I update my 4.4.4 kitkat had an error on my game. Ford lost and I spect max wear that much money for it. Give me a clue to this, thank
    Device: sony experia z
    User: apocalypsoo
  • Options
    I was prompted with a message saying my game was updated and that I needed to restart the game. I closed out the app and re launched it thinking the freezing error was resolved but i was only able to get in 2 races via campaign and then the game froze again.

Game was playing with emotions haha
  • Options
    TikboyzTikboyz Registered Users 16 Posts
    Im having the same problem, Before the update, im running smoothly with jelly bean. Now when i try to race, Im stuck at LOADING RACE. and wont let me in to a lobby, I hope this gets fixed.

IGN: GARAGE D
    Device: Samsung Galaxy Grand 2
    OS Version: Kitkat 4.4.2
  • Options
    I don't have any updates on this issue but there is a bug report on it in their queue.

• Options
    Its probably on a p3 priority. =/ Should be a P1!
  • Options
    GRID DRIVER 378GRID DRIVER 378 Registered Users 71 Posts
    Please fix this. I am using xperia z too. Android 4.4.4. Before updating to 4.4.4. It was good runing.