Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Device Support & Graphical Issues

DownShiftDownShift Registered Users 304 Posts
Hi everyone,

This afternoon we pushed a large back-end update to change how many devices render the graphics in our 6.0 update. The update covered hundreds of devices in an effort to improve the lag many of you are reporting. While the update covered a large portion of devices, there are still many more that will need to updated in the coming days. This is part an ongoing effort to improve your gameplay and overall graphical issues many are experiencing on both Android and iOS. Device support is very much a work in progress and the devices that were tweaked today, may need additional tweaking depending on your feedback.

Please note, this update did not fix the paint issues, those are separate and still being investigated.

For this update to take affect, you'll need to reload the game. If your device has been moved into a new tier, you may also need to re-download some assets.

If you are still experiencing lag or other issues, I urge you to contact customer service with as much info as you can - especially your device info. Some devices, especially older ones, may require additional work and we won't know how well or bad they're running unless you tell us.

Please also feel free to use this post to report device issues to me so I can have the team investigate further.

Thank you for your support and patience.
Prev134

Comments

• Options
    FuraiPinkerFuraiPinker Registered Users 13,302 Posts
    I'm really happy that glu's working on the horrendous lag cause of 6.0, but the paints still look way off
  • Options

I'm really happy that glu's working on the horrendous lag cause of 6.0, but the paints still look way off

We are working on the paints as well, they will be resolved. We do not intend to keep them the way they are.
  • Options
    FuraiPinkerFuraiPinker Registered Users 13,302 Posts
    That's relieving, my matte gunmetal on my rx7 spec is completely white now, and most of the matte colors are messed up.
  • Options
    Roush SportRoush Sport Registered Users, Moderators 1,485 Posts
    edited November 2016
    @[RR]DownShift - Hey there! I have a quick question / problem that I'm wondering if anyone else is seeing. I'm running an IPhone 6S+, 128 Gig model, on IOS 9.3.1. I have 81.5 Gig available on the phone. Overall the game seems fine in regards to performance, with one exception. When I try to open the shipyard, the game force closes. Sometimes it's during the "loading - shipyard" screen, sometimes it's at the splash screen that appears right after that loading screen, and sometimes it's right when the performance crate comes on screen. However, if I repeatedly try to access the shipyard, it works...after about the 10th attempt.

This happens regardless of connection (be it at my house via Wifi, on cell signal), and regardless of account (I have two separate accounts - one tied to Game Center and Facebook, and an old account tied to Google Play).

A second issue that happens (and this happened even pre 6.0) is that when I first launch the game, after about 30 seconds I get a message advising "Unable to download the game content. Try reloading the game". Once I reload, the game runs fine. Oddly, once 6.0 launched, this error went away for a short time, but has now resurfaced. It happens on my phone with both accounts, and also happens when I run the game via Bluestacks on my PC (bluestacks is an android emulator incase you aren't familiar).

My IGN's are Roushpotato (Gamecenter and Facebook associated account), and Slider Charger 1065 (Google Play associated account).

I've tried deleting and re-installing the game, turning the "download all" option on and off...and the issues persist regardless.

If you could let me know if perhaps there is something I can do on my end to resolve the issues, I'd appreciate it. Likewise, if what I'm experiencing is due to something that needs tweaked on your end, that'd be nice to know as well.

Thank you for your time!
  • Options

@[RR]DownShift - Hey there! I have a quick question / problem that I'm wondering if anyone else is seeing. I'm running an IPhone 6S+, 128 Gig model, on IOS 9.3.1. I have 81.5 Gig available on the phone. Overall the game seems fine in regards to performance, with one exception. When I try to open the shipyard, the game force closes. Sometimes it's during the "loading - shipyard" screen, sometimes it's at the splash screen that appears right after that loading screen, and sometimes it's right when the performance crate comes on screen. However, if I repeatedly try to access the shipyard, it works...after about the 10th attempt.

This happens regardless of connection (be it at my house via Wifi, on cell signal), and regardless of account (I have two separate accounts - one tied to Game Center and Facebook, and an old account tied to Google Play).

A second issue that happens (and this happened even pre 6.0) is that when I first launch the game, after about 30 seconds I get a message advising "Unable to download the game content. Try reloading the game". Once I reload, the game runs fine. Oddly, once 6.0 launched, this error went away for a short time, but has now resurfaced. It happens on my phone with both accounts, and also happens when I run the game via Bluestacks on my PC (bluestacks is an android emulator incase you aren't familiar).

My IGN's are Roushpotato (Gamecenter and Facebook associated account), and Slider Charger 1065 (Google Play associated account).

I've tried deleting and re-installing the game, turning the "download all" option on and off...and the issues persist regardless.

If you could let me know if perhaps there is something I can do on my end to resolve the issues, I'd appreciate it. Likewise, if what I'm experiencing is due to something that needs tweaked on your end, that'd be nice to know as well.

Thank you for your time!

Hi Roush,

First, thank you for your detailed reply - every little bit of info helps.

On your shipyard issue, this is something we're aware of and are looking into. We spent a good amount of time trying to reproduce the issue on the iPhone 6, 6s, 6s+ and other devices with no luck unfortunately. My personal device is actually a 6s+ and I was unable to get this to happen. I have an idea that might be able to band aid the problem people are seeing while we continue to investigate the root cause. This will go out at some point later today with our next device push.

To summarize my theory: The shipyard is an expensive area of the game to load (pun intended) and with our graphics update I believe its causing some additional strain on devices. The team here is going to investigate ways to reduce the cost of this area while I can hopefully put a temporary solution on place.

The second issue, I'm, not sure on and will need to investigate more. I can say that this is almost certainly related to account switching. Some questions to start though:
    1. Do you commonly use multiple devices to play? If so, which ones?
    2. Were you logged into a previous device before the current play session on the current device?
    3. On the Google Play side, are you switching back and forth between Facebook and Google Play or vice versa?
    4. Are you running the same version of the game on all devices? All 6.0 or all 5.3.1.
    Thanks!
  • Options
    @[RR]Downshift

1. Do you commonly use multiple devices to play? If so, which ones? The only devices I use are my IPhone, and Bluestacks on my PC.

2. Were you logged into a previous device before the current play session on the current device? No.

3. On the Google Play side, are you switching back and forth between Facebook and Google Play or vice versa? No. The way my accounts are set up - Roushpotato is synced with FB and Gamecenter. Slider Charger 1065 is linked with Google Play. I don't change the associations / linking of the accounts.

4. Are you running the same version of the game on all devices? All 6.0 or all 5.3.1. Yes - all devices are running the 6.0 version of the game.

If it would be easier / beneficial, I can take a video of what happens with my game / device and either send it, upload it to youtube so you can view it, etc....if that would assist in the troubleshooting process?
  • Options
    Thanks for the additional info. A video would always help - youtube is fine.

I will have our QA see if they can reproduce this as well.
  • Options
    RedonRedon Registered Users 3 Posts
    http://m.imgur.com/RtFk6kI
    Device Honor 7 Android version 6.0
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    @[RR]Downshift

Here you are. This is the game running on my computer via Bluestacks. At the 00:48 second mark is when the error comes up.

This happens on both accounts of mine (Slider Charger 1065 and Roushpotato), and happens regardless of if I load those accounts via Bluestacks, or if I load them via my phone. I don't have a second phone with me here at work so I can't take a video of my phone right now (however I will do so when I get home if you prefer).

Hope this helps put a visual to what I was describing.

Video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NK9tg9BW_m4

What's odd - is on / in Bluestacks, I can access the shipyard without issue. The accessing of the shipyard only crashes the game on my phone. That I'll get a video of when I get home.
  • Options
    GOFastGarageGOFastGarage Registered Users 67 Posts
    I've been having that same issue for about 2 weeks now, running a S7.....I have not done the 6.0 update yet. Connected through Google play, not Facebook. I only have this account on one device (S7)
  • Options
    Redon said:

http://m.imgur.com/RtFk6kI

Device Honor 7 Android version 6.0

@Redon Assuming your posting about the matte paint issue? That is separate of the issues being discussed here and is something that we intended to fix.
  • Options

@[RR]Downshift

Here you are. This is the game running on my computer via Bluestacks. At the 00:48 second mark is when the error comes up.

This happens on both accounts of mine (Slider Charger 1065 and Roushpotato), and happens regardless of if I load those accounts via Bluestacks, or if I load them via my phone. I don't have a second phone with me here at work so I can't take a video of my phone right now (however I will do so when I get home if you prefer).

What's odd - is on / in Bluestacks, I can access the shipyard without issue. The accessing of the shipyard only crashes the game on my phone. That I'll get a video of when I get home.

Thank you for this, I'm forwarding this on to our QA and Customer service team.
  • Options

I've been having that same issue for about 2 weeks now, running a S7.....I have not done the 6.0 update yet. Connected through Google play, not Facebook. I only have this account on one device (S7)

Yeah, this has been happening for a while now and is not 6.0 related. I'm just trying to get some additional info and traction on this issue so I can have people investigate.
  • Options

@[RR]Downshift

You're welcome. Actually, a question for you - you guys (the folks at the office) have the ability to take over anyone's account, and or clone it, right? Is it possible for you to take one of my accounts, for example, and launch / load one of them on your devices and see if you have the same issues? (Unable to download content and shipyard crashing the game)?

Maybe that would help narrow down what is causing the issues? The downloading content issue, I don't think is device related being that it's happening regardless of device used. The shipyard issue, however, could be my device. That would be odd, though, as others using IPhone 6S+'s aren't having that issue. Things that make you go...."hmmm".....
  • Options

@[RR]Downshift

You're welcome. Actually, a question for you - you guys (the folks at the office) have the ability to take over anyone's account, and or clone it, right? Is it possible for you to take one of my accounts, for example, and launch / load one of them on your devices and see if you have the same issues? (Unable to download content and shipyard crashing the game)?

Maybe that would help narrow down what is causing the issues? The downloading content issue, I don't think is device related being that it's happening regardless of device used. The shipyard issue, however, could be my device. That would be odd, though, as others using IPhone 6S+'s aren't having that issue. Things that make you go...."hmmm".....
    Either way I think we have enough info now to try to get this happen on our side.
  • Options
    Ok, then in that case I'll sit tight. If you need anything else from me (video of the shipyard crashing for example), let me know and I'll post it.

Thank you very much for your assistance!
  • Options
    RedonRedon Registered Users 3 Posts
    @[RR]DownShift
    I am also posting about car window which are light blue but as I've seen from other screenshots/video they are supposed to be black
  • Options
    Redon said:

@[RR]DownShift

I am also posting about car window which are light blue but as I've seen from other screenshots/video they are supposed to be black

That is likely related to the matte paint issue.
  • Options
    BlitzChaosBlitzChaos Registered Users 418 Posts
    @[RR]DownShift Yeah, did you doing any adjusting to the Samsung Galaxy S6 yet? Everything renders very easily with no problems but that FPS is **** me up.
  • Options

@[RR]DownShift Yeah, did you doing any adjusting to the Samsung Galaxy S6 yet? Everything renders very easily with no problems but that FPS is **** me up.

We did some adjustments to the S6's in our push yesterday but sounds like we still have some work to do. We will continue to tune until we get everything running as smooth as we can. Where are you seeing the lag on your S6? Yesterday, when I tested it on an S6, the race was fine for me but I still saw some stuttering as the game transitioned post race.
  • Options
    @[RR] DownShift Its literally in every part of the game. When I rotate the car in garage, during races, and scrolling through menus is a very cringing experience, it's really that bad but I know you guys are working your asses off to try to fix this so I'll be 100% patient
  • Options

@[RR] DownShift Its literally in every part of the game. When I rotate the car in garage, during races, and scrolling through menus is a very cringing experience, it's really that bad but I know you guys are working your asses off to try to fix this so I'll be 100% patient

Thank you for being patient. Issues like yours are the hardest ones for us to narrow down and fix just due to the fact that we are not seeing the problem on the same devices on our end. Do you know the actual model number of your S6?
  • Options
    @[RR] DownShift the model number is G920A on the ATNT network. Is there anything else you would like to know?
  • Options
    NASTYTHUGNASTYTHUG Registered Users 1,121 Posts
    LOL...how in the F@#$ are we to turf if we can't launch due to the lag? WTF! I have the note 7, pixel xl and a nexus 7 and it is painful to see what the update did... Do any of the staff members at glu pay to play? If not, can you see where the frustration is on this fcked up update? WOW...
  • Options

@[RR] DownShift the model number is G920A on the ATNT network. Is there anything else you would like to know?

Thank you, that helps. Would you say your S6 has been running overall the same since you updated to 6.0? Is it worse today than it was yesterday?
  • Options

Thank you, that helps. Would you say your S6 has been running overall the same since you updated to 6.0? Is it worse today than it was yesterday?
    NASTYTHUG said:

LOL...how in the F@#$ are we to turf if we can't launch due to the lag? WTF! I have the note 7, pixel xl and a nexus 7 and it is painful to see what the update did... Do any of the staff members at glu pay to play? If not, can you see where the frustration is on this fcked up update? WOW...

@NASTYTHUG I understand your frustration but this thread is specifically to identity and troubleshoot issues with people who are willing to interact in a calm manor. There are plenty of other threads you can take your anger to if you need to vent. If you would like to give me more information as to what you're seeing on your Note 7, Pixel XL, and Nexus 7 in a constructive way, it will help us narrow down and fix the problem. We tested this update extensively here before the release but it's not possible for us to test every single of the thousands of Android devices.
  • Options
    @[RR]DownShift, its not a anger issue...its called I have been calm enough since this update. On all my devices its the same. Lag, block like cars, paint...etc. Its the same on all my devices. I can't even chat with my team. It takes for ever to get to a car. The lobby is a joke as its all blurry and when I launch the other car is not even there...when I launch the other car has finished but our times are almost the same. 9.46 and mine is a 9.50 but he was no where to be seen on my screen after launch...lol! I have held out to see if the update would take a couple of days to upgrade but hasn't just gets worst.
  • Options
    NASTYTHUG said:

@[RR]DownShift, its not a anger issue...its called I have been calm enough since this update. On all my devices its the same. Lag, block like cars, paint...etc. Its the same on all my devices. I can't even chat with my team. It takes for ever to get to a car. The lobby is a joke as its all blurry and when I launch the other car is not even there...when I launch the other car has finished but our times are almost the same. 9.46 and mine is a 9.50 but he was no where to be seen on my screen after launch...lol! I have held out to see if the update would take a couple of days to upgrade but hasn't just gets worst.

Thank you for taking the calmer approach. To try and summarize what you're seeing:
    1. Downgraded Graphics on all devices on cars and in the garage
    2. General lag while navigating the menus
    3. Lag While racing?
    4. Opponents car is missing in the race
    That about right?
  • Options
    Where are you guys with the lag issue? Why not stop global chat and see if that mistake is making the lag?
  • Options
    TheGangstaTheGangsta Registered Users 13,283 Posts
    How about add the option to let the end user adjust the graphic setting.

I m on a Samsung tablet model tab pro 10.1 t520. I used to run awesome pre update. Now on 6.0, I'm lagging so bad just in garage view it feels like I'm at 10 fps. It's terrible, can't even race properly.