Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Ryyst Blog #6 Supplemental - Graphics Comparison 1

[RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
Here are some screenshots from various devices using the same exact car, with shaders on (if applicable) and just using the devices Screenshot function.

First shows the Cobra Jet from Rivals 5.3...

We then use older devices with the lower graphic scale settings and make our way to newer devices with higher graphic scale settings.

iPad 2

galaxy s3

HTC One

iPhone 5

Galaxy S6

iPad Air

iPhone 7+

This is your baseline. You can see how the game looks on an older device and on higher end devices.

Excluding cars with Matte Paint and Flake Paint (which are separate issues) if your cars look different or worse than the screenshots above please post a screenshot of a car (must not have matte or flake paint) and list what device you are using and your Racer Name.

I'm working on gathering screen shots from racing as well for more comparisons.
IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

Prev13

Comments

• Options
    BlitzChaosBlitzChaos Registered Users 418 Posts
    @Ryyst It looks EXACTLY like that on my S6, just choppy and such
  • Options
    @Ryyst And I have already talked with DownShift back and forth about the issues. And is DownShift a he or she?
  • Options

@Ryyst And I have already talked with DownShift back and forth about the issues. And is DownShift a he or she?

Downshift is a he

• Options
    @Ryyst thanks, i just want to make sure i dont call people a he when that person is a she or vice versa
  • Options
    Roush SportRoush Sport Registered Users, Moderators 1,485 Posts
    edited November 2016
    From what I see here, my iphone 6S+ is showing the graphics / picture of the iphone 5 above.
    Racername is Roushpotato.

https://postimg.org/image/xtupmw4rj/
  • Options
    Caboose1744Caboose1744 Registered Users 13,341 Posts
    edited November 2016

@[RR] ryyst

motorola electrify m

Good or bad?

I can also get pics from my Samsung tab 4 if needed (doubt it will be)
    What's up beautiful?
  • Options
    Roush SportRoush Sport Registered Users, Moderators 1,485 Posts
    Caboose - need to post your phone make / model.
  • Options
    dwdtuningdwdtuning Registered Users 12,932 Posts
    Ima post mines, but y'all gonna laugh at me phone, but remember this pos moto g has taken billions in rrc , 100's of turfs, 1000's of cars before this update and ran no questions asked smooth as silk
    ★ HATERS MAKE US FAMOUS ★

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

>:)
  • Options
    @dwdtuning don't worry mine is prob worse lol
    What's up beautiful?
  • Options
    @Caboose1744 Which Racer Account were those taken from.

When you guys post screenshots make sure you let me know what racer name you used. I can find your exact device model easier that way, but still good to list your device here for others to see and compare.

• Options
    Ign it was taken from was caboose1744 @[RR] ryyst
    What's up beautiful?
  • Options
    ChrisGagnierChrisGagnier Registered Users 1 Posts
    Can't figure out how to post a screenshot on to this forum, but the Lamborghini Veneno on my iPad Mini 4 looks so unappealing it makes me want to delete the game, there is no detail to the car what so ever and I know for sure my iPad Mini 4 can handle pretty high level graphics with no game play issues, also my IGN: Koenigsegg One:1
  • Options
    xxxknightmarexxxxxxknightmarexxx Registered Users 3 Posts
    edited November 2016
    does the Galaxy S6 picture cover the Galaxy S6 Active phone? i mean its pretty close anyway....Just thought id ask
  • Options
    errick2109errick2109 Registered Users 38 Posts
    What's up!
    So I have a Samsung Galaxy s6 (not the edge) have been playing your game since my s4 active was still new... loved the old layout.
    it seems that the processing of the new back grounds and cars is causing my phone to lag during races and other movements such as rotating car in garage and when I'm in a race and try to use multiple taps to get a good rev it starts to trip over its self causing a launch lag effect traction loss ect..
    also the new format seems to put more strain on my eyes. on your old format I could play the game till the battery died while plugged in(I've done it to my s4 and s6...) now I get a bit of eye strain after about 10 min in the garage (doesn't seem as bad in the upgrade menu)
    well I'm trying to give it a shot but I really don't like this new direction and as far as how it looks on my phone both the S4 and the S6 look like the picture of the S3 you had up regardless of the graphics settings with everything off the movements seemed a hair smoother that's about it ..I also have screen shots of 10 load errors outta 16 I've gotten in the last two days some I managed to get header with time stamp..
  • Options
    oh Yea my ign is the same as I'm commenting under errick2109
  • Options
    carlos1997carlos1997 Registered Users 6 Posts
    edited November 2016
    Lg g stylo looks bad like really bad.How do you post a pic
  • Options
    NO83RANO83RA Registered Users 1 Posts
    edited November 2016
    @[RR]ryyst

Samsung galaxy a3 and my cars are worse graphically than any of the above... can't put pics as I don't have he url for them

My IGN is: NO83RTS
  • Options
    ArtyPartyArtyParty Registered Users 1 Posts
    Motorola Droid Turbo 2
    IGN is ArtyParty
    https://postimg.org/image/69mt69v81/
  • Options
    dwdtuningdwdtuning Registered Users 12,932 Posts
    https://imgur.com/a/WVJtf

Moto e 2nd gen

T h y honey p o t

Graphics are crap, lags horrible at launch and shifts. No chat. Have to reboot everytime log on with error code
    ★ HATERS MAKE US FAMOUS ★

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

>:)
  • Options
    Emma_GonzalezEmma_Gonzalez Registered Users 1 Posts
    My Game Still Needs To Be Fixed. My Phone Is A Samsung Galaxy J7 And Ign Is Rocket Hemi 1694
  • Options
    SerdarYılmazSerdarYılmaz Registered Users 9 Posts
    edited November 2016
    Asus J00T
    ign is Serdar2014to2017
  • Options
    DSR_68rusDSR_68rus Registered Users 2 Posts
    Zte blade z7
    Dragster 68rus
    smoothing the minimum, in the race it is not at all .In 5.3 everything was fine
  • Options
    HowienHowien Registered Users 166 Posts
    Dont you guys got an ipad pro in long beach? I ordered one 9.7" :)
  • Options

Ign it was taken from was caboose1744 @[RR] ryyst

Okay, looks like you are using a Motorola XT901 which isn't on our list, so I'll add it to the list of devices we need to asses.

• Options
    Any idea why I'm getting a loading error it's every time I load the garage or load into a race.
    ign errick2109
  • Options
    beltitoperformancebeltitoperformance Registered Users 1 Posts
    update note 4 it look like drag racing game
    pleas update
  • Options
    Have a question do you think putting less memory intensive background may help I mean I know you're trying to render the background in the foreground and the cars and everything else in a higher depth but we don't need so much the cars are only going in a straight line
  • Options
    tristantristan Registered Users 1 Posts
    Lag is bad graphics suck can't shift over all bad choice on the update
  • Options
    DSR_68rusDSR_68rus Registered Users 2 Posts
    Damnn.Slow working!