Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Ryyst Blog #6 Supplemental - Graphics Comparison 1

Comments

• Options
    [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts

Can't figure out how to post a screenshot on to this forum, but the Lamborghini Veneno on my iPad Mini 4 looks so unappealing it makes me want to delete the game, there is no detail to the car what so ever and I know for sure my iPad Mini 4 can handle pretty high level graphics with no game play issues, also my IGN: Koenigsegg One:1

To post a screenshot, it needs to be hosted somewhere, meaning there needs to be a url link. Then when posting you click on the symbol that looks like a page with a folder corner, to the right of the link icon. Paste the URL there.

The iPad Mini 4 graphics settings are set on par with the the Galaxy S6.

When you can please post a screenshot so we can see what you see.
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

• Options

does the Galaxy S6 picture cover the Galaxy S6 Active phone? i mean its pretty close anyway....Just thought id ask

The different S6 devices are set at the same graphics level so they should be similar

• Options
    edited November 2016

What's up!

So I have a Samsung Galaxy s6 (not the edge) have been playing your game since my s4 active was still new... loved the old layout.

it seems that the processing of the new back grounds and cars is causing my phone to lag during races and other movements such as rotating car in garage and when I'm in a race and try to use multiple taps to get a good rev it starts to trip over its self causing a launch lag effect traction loss ect..

also the new format seems to put more strain on my eyes. on your old format I could play the game till the battery died while plugged in(I've done it to my s4 and s6...) now I get a bit of eye strain after about 10 min in the garage (doesn't seem as bad in the upgrade menu)

well I'm trying to give it a shot but I really don't like this new direction and as far as how it looks on my phone both the S4 and the S6 look like the picture of the S3 you had up regardless of the graphics settings with everything off the movements seemed a hair smoother that's about it ..I also have screen shots of 10 load errors outta 16 I've gotten in the last two days some I managed to get header with time stamp..

The screenshot from the Galaxy S6 is from my personal device (not the edge), Are you saying that on yours, it looks worse than the photo above? I also am able to run races fine with the graphic settings on.

Can you share a screenshot from your Galaxy S6?

Also, just to clarify. There are Three different graphics settings.

Shaders and special effects can be turned on and off by users (if applicable) however, the setting I am talking about is internal. It's a setting we determine based on device. We will most likely make that setting available to users in a future update.

• Options
    xxxknightmarexxxxxxknightmarexxx Registered Users 3 Posts
    @Ryyst..... thanks for the quick reply.... only problem im really currently having is lag... i understand its being worked on...
  • Options
    davethepointdavethepoint Registered Users 62 Posts
    look how dark it is. LG G3 ign: cratepack

• Options
    NO83RA said:

@[RR]ryyst

Samsung galaxy a3 and my cars are worse graphically than any of the above... can't put pics as I don't have he url for them

My IGN is: NO83RTS

The Galaxy A3 is set to the same levels as the Galaxy S6.

Can you share a screen shot of a car without matte or flake paint?

• Options
    SerdarYılmazSerdarYılmaz Registered Users 9 Posts
    Asus J00T
    ign: Serdar2014to2017 @[RR] Ryyst
  • Options
    turborider79turborider79 Registered Users 2 Posts
    edited November 2016
    pics are taken on a LG G-Pad, i also have a S3 neo and a Samsung A5(16). it looks about the same on all 3 devices. Look at the RX-7, there arent even headlight to see. pics are taken with both graphic options on.
    btw. the worst issue is the lag and that the game crashes our devices and make them restart.
    Ign: turborider

http://up.picr.de/27337208kt.jpg

http://up.picr.de/27337209pz.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    dwdtuning said:

https://imgur.com/a/WVJtf

Moto e 2nd gen

T h y honey p o t

Graphics are crap, lags horrible at launch and shifts. No chat. Have to reboot everytime log on with error code

That device is set on the higher end, can you share a screen shot?

Oops, didn't notice the link

• Options

My Game Still Needs To Be Fixed. My Phone Is A Samsung Galaxy J7 And Ign Is Rocket Hemi 1694

What exactly are you experiencing and seeing? Your device is set on the higher end of the graphic scale.

• Options

Asus J00T
    ign is Serdar2014to2017

What are you experiencing and seeing?

• Options
    DSR_68rus said:

Zte blade z7

Dragster 68rus

smoothing the minimum, in the race it is not at all .In 5.3 everything was fine

Your device is not on our list. I've added it to be assessed

• Options

update note 4 it look like drag racing game

pleas update

A little confused here. This is a drag racing game. So... what's your issue?

• Options
    tristan said:

Lag is bad graphics suck can't shift over all bad choice on the update

Okay, does your game look worse than any of the screenshots I posted?
    Bear in mind that matte and flake paint and wheels are a separate issue and will be resolved soon.

If it is worse, can you share a screenshot and provide your racer name and what device it is you are using?

• Options
    DSR_68rus said:

Damnn.Slow working!

Racer Name?
    Device?
    What is slow?

"It's slow when I...."

• Options

look how dark it is. LG G3 ign: cratepack

Well, its kinda meant to be dark.

• Options

@Ryyst..... thanks for the quick reply.... only problem im really currently having is lag... i understand its being worked on...

Can you be a little more specific about lag?

Like, describe what it is that is slow?

"It's slow when i...."

That can help us determine what could be causing it. Thanks

• Options
    Howien said:

Dont you guys got an ipad pro in long beach? I ordered one 9.7" :)

We do. It was being used so I couldn't get a screenshot from it.

• Options
    turborider79turborider79 Registered Users 2 Posts
    Ryyst can you please say something about my comment above?
  • Options
    carlos1997carlos1997 Registered Users 6 Posts
    Rr https://imgur.com/gallery/6v54k this pic from lg g stylo and its really lagy
  • Options
    Tawny DonkeyTawny Donkey Registered Users 209 Posts
    edited November 2016
    Thanks @Ryyst. I have a Samsung Galaxy S5. I have downloaded the game. I set my phone screen appearance from Dynamic to standard. I have the game filters set at, special effects=off, advance shaders=off. Here is what I am seeing. The Cobra picture you have posted I have with matte blue finish. With 6.0 the graphics appear even with the matte finish. Previous version matte finish would overlay graphics. Chrome is now a silver finish. Matte red is very different. The orange flake looks like undercoating ie orange peel/bubbles. The volk RE30 rims that were black/charcoal with red pinstripe lip are hard to see. The B-sport ace-3 crate rims lost the chrome lip. The volk racing gt-ve-se rims are black instead of red. Grey matte finish is now white. The AMX wheels SM05 have lost the chrome lip. I keep getting an error code that reads, "Unable to download game content. Try reloading the game". I found out that I can just push the back button on my phone and continue with the game. I have also noticed some times the Tournaments have my free tokens that I have saved and sometimes there is nothing. I am a fan of the Daily Goals. Nice upgrade. :) It's been rough getting a perfect launch with the new upgrade. Wells Fargo ad freezes or doesnt play at all. Funny thing I finished the game for the second time 11/2. Still only 8 gems for finishing the game. I thought there might be something different. ;) My game id is RR Tawny Donkey and Tawny Donkey. I would post screen shots here but im not able. Maybe have a gallery here in the forums to post pictures.
  • Options
    KevoKevo Registered Users 30 Posts
    Something has to be done you guys really messed up this time . Your game now causes eye strain because of the coloring and how small all the letters and numbers are . I'm using a iPhone 7 so the lag really isn't that bad but I can see how it would be on older devices . The graphics aren't bad but it looks like a rip off of csr2 now . Also global chat needs a off switch ! It was a very bad idea people are cursing and sexual all the time it's not good for a family friendly game either remove it or have a way to turn it off .
  • Options
    SlowlyRecoveringSlowlyRecovering Registered Users 2 Posts
    edited November 2016
    IGN Slowlyrecovering, Galaxy Note.....horrible lag, horrible graphics, can't correctly launch or shift
  • Options
    errick2109errick2109 Registered Users 38 Posts
    null
    I've been posting on to fb I don't have a way to host for Url to post one here....but yea even with Advanced shaders and special effects turned off there's no difference in the look between my S4 and my S6 and they both have those low frame rate issue as well unfortunately I can't catch video of that but I think my biggest issue is just the fact that I like to multi-tap to keep my rev limiter in the green and that seems to be too much input while the game is running so by time I hit the launch button it's just trying to process multiple inputs
  • Options
    NevesomoNevesomo Registered Users 10 Posts
    edited November 2016
    @Ryyst ASUS Zenfone 3 ze520kl all graphics settings - off
    Graphics became normal, but FPS very low in garage and race, and lags in shift up/shift down (can't correctly launch or shift)
    nickname - nevesomo47
    i hope and believe.....
    P.S. Font are unreadable
    https://imgur.com/a/XoDn2
  • Options
    ign errick2109
  • Options
    AshoSpeedAshoSpeed Registered Users 4,151 Posts
  • Options
  • Options
    NASTYTHUGNASTYTHUG Registered Users 1,121 Posts
    edited November 2016
    LOL...the screen shots suck...the last update screen shot is the best by far. WOW!
  • Options
    http://i.imgur.com/QeCssUZ.png
    this looked better then:(