Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

What do you feel is still "wrong"

Comments

• Tu66yTu66y Registered Users 27 Posts
    Issue: Inaccurate rating displays when upgrading/tuning
    Device: Iphone 6s
    In-Game Name: Tu66y
    Frequency of occurrence: Always, with certain cars. Never with others.
    Car Make: Many (e.g.. Acura NSX GT3 CF)
    Car Model: Many (e.g.. Honda S2000 Race Edition)

Description of issue: When tuning cars to specific lobby rating, often the rating jumps down a few points simply by entering and exiting the upgrade menu. For example, when tuning my Honda S2000 RE to 1668, the rating suddenly is 1666 when I leave the upgrade menu. In order to see what the rating actually is, I have to restart the game. It will even race in a 68 lobby but display as 66. This is a very irritating and slow process to have to go through when tuning cars. If the correct system of rating is not working, which clearly it is not at the moment, as you'll see in my next post, then change it.

Steps to reproduce: Select a maxed Acura NSX GT3 CF, pen the upgrade menu and click on any upgrade (without actually buying it), then click off and close the menu and watch the rating change down from 81 to 80. There are many other cars, like the S2000 RE that the change is even greater, like the 68 down to 66.
    Issue: Incorrect lobby placement/lack of lobby rating description
    Frequency of occurrence: Whenever tuning cars to specific lobby rating
    Car Make: Many
    Car Model: Many

Description of Issue: I am frequently placed within the incorrect lobby. For example, often my car rating says 68 and I end up in a maxed lobby. I do know why this happens but it doesn't mean that it's not annoying every time. If a car rating says 68, it should be bracketed in together, not split into less than 68.5 and greater than 68.5. This weird splitting the rating thing just makes it complicated and painful for people to tune their cars to specific lobbies. The rating system is there for a reason and should be a clear indicator of what lobby the car will be placed into. At the moment, you've got a 50/50 chance that your rating will put you where it says it will.
    Also, please can you display somewhere in the lobbies what the lobby rating actually is? As it stands, you either have to ask the lobby or just race someone to find out. If you put a small banner somewhere, I'm sure you'd make everyone's life a little easier.

Steps to reproduce: Tune any car to a specific lobby and try to get the highest rating you can without going into the next bracket. Watch how you'll still have the same rating but can jump between them over a 1kg difference.
    Issue: Inability to remove conversion kits/nos/return to stock
    Frequency of occurrence: Every time
    Car Make: All
    Car Model: All

Description of issue: When acquiring a new car, particularly with turf/crate cars, you often want to know what its maxed rating will be. However, you can only do this by adding nos and a conversion kit. But then, if you do that and the rating is not what you expected, you're stuck with all these additions and cannot remove them. Now, your car is essentially useless to you as an effective competitor at both the maxed level and the tuned level. Also, with some vehicles, (e.g. Focus RS RE) it's not possible to return some parts to stock at all. So once, you've gone to stage 1, you're stuck with it. This desire to remove conversion kits/nos also comes from wanting to alter cars won in pink slip races.

Please, therefore, can you add a feature whereby we can remove conversions/nos and also so we can revert the car back to stock completely?

Steps to reproduce: Add a conversion kit/nos and then try to remove it.
  • Intel CoreIntel Core Registered Users 8 Posts
    ^^ this!! we want removable/uninstallable NOS!
    Obviously the turds who sell on black market dont cause they exploit that it cant be removed, but tough. It needs to be removable and always should have been. Please.
    You could also consider engine swaps in the future...
    Issue: Sort By: function. Unprompted changes.
    Frequency of occurrence: Occasionally
    Car Make: N/A
    Car Model: N/A

Description of issue: If I'm wanting to race in Racer Showdown, I sort my cars as 'eligible for racer showdown', obviously. But quite often, after I've selected a car and then gone into the city screen, I change my mind on the car I want. However, when I go back to my garage, the 'Sort By' has reverted back to 'A-Z'. I know it sounds like a trivial thing and, by comparison, it is, but it's pretty annoying. Especially when dealing with hundreds of cars, because when I click again on 'eligible for racer showdown' I have to go from the lowest rated all over again, rather than start where my higher rated car was.

Steps to reproduce: Choose a sorting method different to what you currently have. Select a car. Click race to go to the race type selection map. Click back to go back to garage. Check sorting method is the same as before.
    Some other mini suggestions:
    - Easier way to skip to cars (eg. click letter of alphabet). With hundreds of cars, it becomes a mission to get to the K-N range.
    - List the turf/showdown eligible cars from highest to lowest rating, rather than the other way around. Nobody is using their lowest first.
    - I know it's been requested a million times, but it would be amazingly beneficial to the game to introduce a trade function, whereby once both parties submit the car and then bot agree, the trade happens automatically. You'd avoid losing countless players who get annoyed by the dishonest players and decide to never play again.
    - Have an 'unavailable' or 'silent' function whereby you are unavailable to chat. Sometimes, people just want to play without chatting to other people, even their in-game friends. It could be as simple as the player appearing to be offline.
    - Add another 250 levels to achieve and maybe make the level up reward a little more encouraging than 4 gems or $1000.
    - PLEASE add more campaigns to complete. Like an Extreme Campaign and make it difficult AF so it's a real achievement to complete it. It would give more reasons to continue playing and provide content through which players could aim for level 500 instead of stopping at 250.
    - I know this one is Fyber's problem but maybe you could have a discussion with them about the process of delivery of the gems on the larger special offers. I had to deliver the same proof 3 times and it quite literally took 2 and a half weeks for me to get my reward gems from them. This is not the first time it's happened. More often than not I have to submit follow up requests, and it's just painful and unacceptable.
    I could go on and on but hopefully these are a few helpful suggestions that open up discussions on your end.

Happy racing!
    Tu66y
  • dulwhitedulwhite Registered Users 118 Posts
    Certain cars' make and model are the same but year is different and in the garage sorted alphabetically, it doesn't separate them. R class cobra jet mixed with the S class, 2012 BMW m3 & 2015 m3 are some examples. Also, it would be nice to show the year, make, and model at the top of the screen in the garage when you click the screen to make the UI disappear
  • JohnKIVJohnKIV Registered Users 3,620 Posts
    Agreed with @Tu66y on the whole lobby display issue. I have recently started mass tuning some Renault turbo5 and they will display 1650 but after I open up the upgrades to double check I finished the tune but do not change anything it jumps to 1651. If I enter a lobby thennit put me in a 56 lobby but another car that has the exact tune but I never open up the upgrade window places me in the 50 lobby.
  • dwdtuningdwdtuning Registered Users 12,932 Posts
    No removable NOS! Or Conversions!
    ★ HATERS MAKE US FAMOUS ★

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

>:)
  • DeynnispDeynnisp Registered Users 123 Posts
    @Ryyst

Issue:Gear Sticking at random times
    Device: Samsung s6 and s7
    In-Game Name: various but mainly under XXX POO BOY XX
    Frequency of occurrence: lost of late eveer since recent updates
    Car Make: Nissan
    Car Model:Nismos GT#3

Description of issue: Gear sticking

Issue:Nos failing
    Device: Samsun S6 and S7
    In-Game Name: XXX POO BOY XX
    Frequency of occurrence: high
    Car Make: Nissan
    Car Model: nismos GT3s

Description of issue: Nos fails

Issue: nos fail
    Device: IPhone 7
    In-Game Name: XXX POO BOY XX and Bossman305
    Frequency of occurrence: very high
    Car Make:Nissan but any fast shift cars like Renault Sport s1,. Mazda RX7 Spec
    Car Model: Nismos GT3's

Description of issue: Nos fail and gear sticking
  • [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    Thanks guys, bringing issues in this format is way more helpful for us!
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

• tnfordguytnfordguy Registered Users 11 Posts
    Customer support siding with hackers is a major problem right now. Lost a maxed Evora 400 to a 1663 charger se this morning that has glitched/hacked and ran a 7.4 time. Yes I took screenshots and sent them to customer support. What do they say? "Sorry but the race was valid." Are you f***ing kidding me? A maxed one doesn't usually run that fast. Ryyst I hit up your pm as well bro. I think this is the end off my RR days until priorities change.
    I'd like to clarify that our Customer Support reps do NOT side with hackers. As with any Customer Support department be it games or anything else, they have policies and rules and procedures to follow when addressing certain issues. If they deem a race "legit" its because the data they have falls within certain parameters. I apologize their finding isn't to your liking, however, it is up to them, there really isn't anything I can do.

• tnfordguytnfordguy Registered Users 11 Posts
    edited February 2017
    Haha. So if you you were us you wouldn't be pissed they said a 1663 rating running a 7.4 sec time is "normal"?
  • aubassplayeraubassplayer Registered Users 2,725 Posts
    @tnfordguy the chargers have been glitched awhile. It's a game glitch not a hack. But supports info on them says it's legit since glu gave them a speed boost. But didn't change the rating of the car... Thus has been know for over a month now...
    Ign: au(space)bass(space) player
    Team: 9am michi
    edited February 2017

@tnfordguy the chargers have been glitched awhile. It's a game glitch not a hack. But supports info on them says it's legit since glu gave them a speed boost. But didn't change the rating of the car... Thus has been know for over a month now...

Yeah, I'll be looking into it

• BilleniumBillenium Registered Users 4,260 Posts
    500 gems to remove NOS!! Boom!!! You guys make money !!
    Ign billenium Team Wo Throttle level 250 600,000 plus street cred don't get scammed
  • Tawny DonkeyTawny Donkey Registered Users 209 Posts
    edited February 2017
    One thing I notice is when the race is completed it always show the car under the opposite stats. Example. The Winning car is on the left but their time is posted on the right above the loosing car.
    It seems that a perfect launch should count toward your Daily Goals. Currently it seems to only count in Racer showdown, Turf Wars, and Multiplayer but not in Daily Challenge, quick match, and Tournaments.
    Garage needs to be brighter. It looks really dark. My 50 year old eyes need glasses to see the fonts now. They're so small. B)
    Would like the option to keep all the paints/headlights just likethe rims and body kit parts. Is there a way to maybe have a different color on the rims tab of the ones you already own. Since the update there is no way to tell which ones you already own without thumbing through each rim section. More rim selection would be cool too as well as rims diameter. The Gold million dollar Volk rims look average now, same with the red wine crate rims.
    Im using a Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900V
  • DdgDktaRlzDdgDktaRlz Registered Users 15,244 Posts
    Ok, when I am not in a team... I don't need my phone going off every five minutes with a new team invitation.

Either have the option to turn it off or allow us to not be in the open market.
    Yes I'm a jerk and proud of it.

No, I don't like you. I don't have a reason you would comprehend.
  • OutstanderOutstander Registered Users 1 Posts
    edited February 2017
    Add the chicken out option to turf wars. Its lame to keep waiting for 30 seconds all the time just because some idiot in R class keeps challenging your D class civic. As obvious, you dont want to race him
    Issue: Turf scores not in order, and reset to 0 at end of turf
    Frequency of occurrence: Always
    Car Make: N/A
    Car Model: N/A

Description of issue: It used to be that the scores in turf were listed in order from highest to lowest. Now, for some reason, they have been placed in a seemingly random order, making it more difficult to determine who is coming 1st, 2nd, 3rd etc. Often top teams have prizes for top scoring players, and seeing where you are in the order, without having to review every single score, was very helpful. Now it's just painful.

Also, along the same line of thought, resetting the scores to 0 immediately after turf makes determining your final position impossible if you're not playing at the end. For people like me on a different time zone, turf often finishes before I'm awake and so I always have to ask my team mates where I finished. Also, I'm interested in seeing how people ended up anyway. I see no purpose to resetting the scores to 0 straight away. Just show them until next turf.

Steps to reproduce: Join a team and race turf until the end.
    Issue: Racer showdown individual race points not displaying
    Frequency of occurrence: Most of the time (possibly always)

Description of Issue: In Racer Showdown, the possible points you can win from each race should be displayed under each racer's name, next to the encircled star icon (*), as they are in Turf War races. However, for a long time now, all racers simply say *0, meaning it's impossible to know how many points you're racing for. It's a relatively minor thing but useful to know when you're racing someone worth 100 points or someone who's points haven't recovered and they're still only worth 30.

Steps to reproduce: Join Racer Showdown and look at points available to win for each racer. All say 0.
    Issue: Under glow / headlight inconsistent hues
    Frequency of occurrence: Always with Green/Orange/Blue

Description of Issue: While I'm a big fan of the under glow and coloured lights, there are a few that match and a few that don't. Eg, the Yellow, pink and purple all look great and the headlights and under glow match. However, some others others aren't so great.
    Green under glow is a totally different colour to the green headlights.
    Orange under glow is actually yellow in the middle and orange on the outside, and neither colour is the same as the orange headlights.
    And the blue headlights are somewhere between light and dark blue under glow.

Steps to reproduce: Turn Experimental Graphics OFF. 'Matching' under glow and headlights of either Green, Orange or Blue.

PS. Please don't say that the problem of multi coloured under glow is fixed by turning Experimental Graphic ON. That is not a solution. Experimental graphics has its own whole list of problems. Switching from one to the other to fix one thing, just creates problems for something else. Just get one graphics mode right and ditch the other, please
  • Roush SportRoush Sport Registered Users, Moderators 1,485 Posts
    edited February 2017
    Tu66y said:

Issue: Under glow / headlight inconsistent hues
    Frequency of occurrence: Always with Green/Orange/Blue

Description of Issue: While I'm a big fan of the under glow and coloured lights, there are a few that match and a few that don't. Eg, the Yellow, pink and purple all look great and the headlights and under glow match. However, some others others aren't so great.
    Green under glow is a totally different colour to the green headlights.
    Orange under glow is actually yellow in the middle and orange on the outside, and neither colour is the same as the orange headlights.
    And the blue headlights are somewhere between light and dark blue under glow.

Steps to reproduce: Turn Experimental Graphics OFF. 'Matching' under glow and headlights of either Green, Orange or Blue.

PS. Please don't say that the problem of multi coloured under glow is fixed by turning Experimental Graphic ON. That is not a solution. Experimental graphics has its own whole list of problems. Switching from one to the other to fix one thing, just creates problems for something else. Just get one graphics mode right and ditch the other, please

Just because the curtains don't match the carpet doesn't mean you kick the girl out.....oh, wait...what?
    Issue: Crates with same cars AGAIN!
    Device: iPhone 6s
    Frequency of occurrence: Recently, almost every crate
    Car Make: Take your pick
    Car Model: See above

Description of issue: Firstly, thank you for taking performance parts out of the regular crates and putting them back into the performance crates where they belong. Whoever did that in the first place should be sent to the naughty corner and made to wear a 'dunce' hat.

When a "NEW" crate comes along it used to be exciting to see the new cars you could have a chance at getting. Now, it's more often than not a huge disappointment, and it's more like seeing how many of the cars will repeat this time. For example, there is ONE new car in the new Silver crate (the silver F1 GTR does not count as a new car), the BMW was available last crate, the Pontiac and the F1 GTR were also very recently in crates. The Agera RS Naraya is the only new car!! Granted, there are some new interesting rims, but who really cares that much. It's a car racing game, not a rims racing game.

I don't know why this trend of repeating cars in consecutive crates began, but PLEASE STOP IT! New crate should equal new cars. Simple logic. They don't have to be unique and never seen in the game before, but at least a wrap or a car that hasn't been seen for a while.

Steps to reproduce: Wait until next crate and witness the repetition! (Hopefully, I'll be wrong and next crate will have some originals)
  • AshoSpeedAshoSpeed Registered Users 4,151 Posts
    Fyber fyber fyber. Get rid of it its bs how you guys will ban players for the chargeback on gems but won't do anything when fyber screws people.
  • killinemsoftlykillinemsoftly Registered Users 4,432 Posts
    Ign: cinnamon brianna

IPhone 7+

OS 10.2.1

Lag during the race. Nearly every race i notice a frame drop as I'm maxing my rpms getting ready to launch. Pretty confident my device is more than capable of not causing it.

Turf points not in order most to least like in previous builds. It just pushes our peeves, might as well put them like that anyway.

Not able to select another car after long term gameplay. Say I return to the garage after a hot minute of pinks in turf. Once I do something like go to the customize screen or upgrade screen then return to garage, the bar to select a new car along with the sell, upgrade and customize option are gone.

Underglow hues are off. Yellow underglows is yellow in front and back lights, seemingly orange on sides.

Outer rim lines not noticeable enough. Black 275k red lines, b-sport speedsters orange brim, 500 gem red lines.. are barely noticable or aren't even there.

Welcome back boss man

• C y r u sC y r u s Registered Users 293 Posts
    edited February 2017
    The launch and nos buttons are too dim. When they light up its hard to see and the timing of launch for some cars depends on this. Why not make them solid and not transparent, like they used to be. Also launching a car is still difficult compared to pre 6.0 game destruction. I feel bad for Carbonated and their team. They now have the task of correcting the huge mistakes Glu made and fixing what they destroyed. Good luck guys!
  • DdgDktaRlzDdgDktaRlz Registered Users 15,244 Posts
    edited February 2017
    Rwb performance drop is horrible.

Zero spoilers for carbon fiber
    One rear bumper for carbon fiber

In over 90 crates

Fiberglass isn't much better, 2 spoilers and 2 trunks
    Yes I'm a jerk and proud of it.

No, I don't like you. I don't have a reason you would comprehend.
  • aubassplayeraubassplayer Registered Users 2,725 Posts
    edited February 2017
    @DdgDktaRlz But I got 10 fg front bumpers out of 30 crates.... Smfh
    Ign: au(space)bass(space) player
    Team: 9am michi