Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.
However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.
On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.
In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
- The old font was hard to read unless you had a microscope.
- The new font is much clearer and easier on the eyes but lower case letters remain elusive. We hope to find them some day...
- Cleaned up the icons for the left menu (i.e, Inventory, Sales, News) in the garage. They were a bit garbled.
- Installing tons of parts taking too long? We’re bring you one of the most requested features from the Player’s Summit. Check out Quick Tune! One button to buy all Stage 1 parts and a second button to buy all Stage 2 parts at one time.
- Impatient much? Install all those parts at a 20% discount in a single touch! It’s like magic.
- Running out of inventory space? Items now stack “infinitely” (Well, at least to 2,147,483,647). Good luck!
- So, if you’re the kind of person that has hundreds of a single rim waiting for the perfect car to install them on, it only takes up 1 slot. Horde with pride.
- Be the first to get the upcoming changes on Racing Rivals and voice your input on Rivals Live. We’ve added a news article so that you can go from in-game to the Twitch stream in a single touch. Oooo Aaaaah!
Fixed an issue where news articles showed in the wrong locations.
The news system now correctly shows up in the showroom (and in theory, shows you the right things too… woah!)
- Changed the world map icons so that they stand out from the background better.
This is not their final form - but they’re much better for now!
Turf Wars Points
- This system was overhauled to reward points more fairly. Low and high class cars shouldn’t crush for the same values. The new system rewards players for using high class, built cars, against the toughest opponents.
- When you pink slip a car, you’ll see your points broken down in a new simple screen. Then there’s a keep button with a point value and a crush button with a value to make it easy to smash the crush button.
- Race Points
- No longer based on engine stress.
- Race points are based on 3 things: player skill, lobby, and car class
- Crush Points
- No longer based on engine stress.
- Crush values of a car are based on the car’s class, parts purchased, and inventory add-ons such as paint, glow, and crate wheels.
- The new point system may not go live with the update. When we’re sure on the system, we’ll flip the switch. The first one may be a little bumpy while we get the new tech set up - hang in there with us!
- Enabled the ability to chicken out on a race as soon as you’re challenged during turf and showdown
BUG FIXES & FUNCTIONALITY
- Fixed an issue where players couldn’t view Daily Goals when prompted.
- Resolved issue where players couldn’t take a picture and use it as their avatar.
- Dozens of small to medium sized stability fixes.
- Added capability to make cars non-pinkable.
- Added ability to release new types of crates.
- The nano-narks are getting smarter all the time.
UPDATE - ADDED INFO
There were 2 little bugs we're going to quick fix.
1) The toolbox didn't move like it was supposed to. Basically a file wasn't pushed with the update...
2) The turf wars button disables completely at the end of turf wars, we're going to change it back to how it was. That was an unexpected result of something else.